PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:24 am

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 am

► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:51 am

Having some hard drive issues right now, so my posts may or may not be a bit more sporadic.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:33 am

Eh, I was more looking for ways to increase Han's General Education to lead into Prism, or at least give him an excuse to level it up next time he can. Obviously it's too low to be useful for anything right now.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:13 am

Since I have jailbreaker research field and may soon (couple levels) make cases for pokeballs would it be possible for me to make a corrupt case to allow me to catch glitch pokemon easier? Since i believe that there are enviromental and type based pokeballs i could make, maybe glitch/corruption would be one too?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:22 am

Introducing, the new and (debatedly) improved, Donkey Kong!
► Show Spoiler
And his evolved form also has some changes.
► Show Spoiler
Pretty sure that's everything. Let me know if you think I've forgotten anything, Burns.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:53 am

Why Pressure? Isn't that an ability for legendaries and other intimidating pokemon like Dusknoir? And as a Basic ability, no less.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:54 am

Okay so.... does he now have gilled? What about tms (surf, waterfall, dive, earthquake)? also the power capability? did size and wieght change?

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:20 am

Well considering DK new appearance, and how he is now totally different from Aipom, I'd call that pretty pressuring/unnerving.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:24 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:Why Pressure? Isn't that an ability for legendaries and other intimidating pokemon like Dusknoir? And as a Basic ability, no less.
Glitch 'mon. I randomly rolled everything; types, abilities, stats, even moves. Why else do you think it knows Infestation?

Noted, I did include some limitations - for example, STAB moves had to be replaced with STAB moves, and the new move had to be of roughly equal power to the old one (otherwise we would've ended up with silliness like Lv5 Hyper Beam and Lv50 Water Gun). But other than that, RNG decided pretty much everything about what this guy would end up looking like.
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Okay so.... does he now have gilled? What about tms (surf, waterfall, dive, earthquake)? also the power capability? did size and wieght change?
For special capabilities, I decided to randomly switch them on a one-by-one basis (with the exception of Naturewalk, for obvious reasons). Sadly, since Aipom doesn't have any special capabilities, that meant DK was left with nothing.

I decided to leave TM/Tutor/Egg moves as they were. On the one hand, yeah, you lose out on Surf/Earthquake. But on the flipside, you keep stuff like Solar Beam, Thunderbolt, and Fire Punch, which ordinary Water/Ground types wouldn't be able to learn in a million years. So it sorta balances itself out.

Power, size, and weight are all unchanged.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:33 am

Only...not really because i dont have much in the way of stab moves now. Whoch is very important for adapatability. I have dig....water gun, mudslap and bubblebeam. Not much to go on

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:38 am

Double-check the Movelist. You've got Mud-Slap, Sand-Tomb, Aqua-Tail, Bubblebeam, and Crabhammer. Plus Dig from TMs, and Water Pulse from Tutor Moves.

Sure, it's not a great range, but you've still a lot of strong options to choose from.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:34 am

Okay. Well my stat relation is now off, can i change it?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:36 am

Yeah, feel free to restat him completely.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:45 am

Okay. ...It's a shame i can't glitch moves themself. At least I got some more options than i thought I did. Even if it is a few. Now to make a mixed sweeper with him.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:58 pm

So, I've been trying to rework Soren's advancement lately; I still haven't quite gotten what I want to do with him figured back out after 1.05 came out, but I'm steering into Engineer and Pokebots (I'm ignoring Gadgeteer; They dumped a considerable portion of the more interesting features in exchange for the new focus on Cap Cannons, which are only really useful if you don't have any real investment in offense). Among the changes, though, is a reworking of Soren's dream team, and I'm having some difficulty deciding on a sixth. Right now, I've got:

Ampharos (Starter. Duh. Plus, Mega Evolves in Amphabulous, with Dragon typing)
Magnezone (Also unchanged. Just too fitting for him)
Metagross (Heavy lifter pokemon. Plus, Cluster Mind is awesome, and Metagross has always been a very heavy hitter, what with being a Pseudolegendary and all)
Ledian (Primary answer to ground weakness. Pure Power is what I'm gunning for here, combined with Iron Fist for all the punching prowess one could ask for)
Rotom (Kind of a no-brainer for a Gadgeteer working with computers and Electronics. Plus, has a limited ability to switch types, which is incredibly useful)

That leaves me with one slot open. I know I want a ground type, and one that sort of fits in to Soren's tech-team. There's two options for it, and I can't decide between them.

Type-Shifted Claydol (Ground/Electric)
-Pros: Levitate enables it to shrug off SE ground attacks. Gets very powerful moves surprisingly early. Strong stats for a Mixed Wall. Type-shifting would likely change Telepathy for something more useful, while leaving most other things untouched or changed for the better.
-Wash: Unique ability, but highly situational. Possesses Dead Silent, but doesn't have decent Stealth. Volatile Bomb and Explosion is insanely powerful, but requires focusing on physical attacks (most of Claydol's set is Special), being a Mixed Sweeper (straining its level up points) or loading a move slot with Power Trick (with the side-effect of choreographing when I'm going to use physical attacks).
-Cons: Horrible movement capabilities.

Type-Shifted Steelix (Electric/Ground)
-Pros: Electric/Ground Steelix. Get that mental picture in your head for a second. Need I say more? Okay, so we've got ridiculous defense, powerful capabilities, and a sweet moveset, all rolled into a nice electroground-thingy package.
-Cons: Unfortunately, changing the primary type of Steelix changes the whole nature of the beast. A lot more is subject to change than with the other two; 80% of its abilities could change (Rock Head would be the serious blow here, what with the Recoil moves Electric has). In addition, its movelist is also a giant question mark. I could potentially shift a Onix before it evolves (thus changing its movelist BEFORE Rock is no longer is its primary type). Otherwise, I could potentially get stuck with a Electreelix that still has a natural move list comprised almost entirely of Rock moves. Also, it's a 30 foot half-ton snake-worm-thing; it's hard to have one of those in a tiny apartment.

Thoughts?

Also, got a few questions for Dusk:

1. Could I potentially give pokebots additional upgrades beyond the ones listed in DPDM?

2. Could weapons be mounted on pokebots?

3. Are Mechsuits an available option (not right away, obviously, but down the road)? I'd recommend maybe tweaking it a bit to make sure it's balanced, if yes.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:37 am

Hmmm...If you want a volitile bomb, I could make you a koffing and you can make it electric type, if you want. Aaaand if it is pure electric it will have zero weaknesses

Also what would you like on your magnemite? I would be be able to get 5 properties onto it when i make it. (At first at oeast, evebtually I will have 8 properties but that is a loooooong ways away) that is why most of the pokemon i want is ones i could make

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:34 am

Nioca wrote: 1. Could I potentially give pokebots additional upgrades beyond the ones listed in DPDM?

2. Could weapons be mounted on pokebots?

3. Are Mechsuits an available option (not right away, obviously, but down the road)? I'd recommend maybe tweaking it a bit to make sure it's balanced, if yes.
1) Depends. What sort of upgrades are you thinking off?

2) Sure, we can just copy over the weapons installation bit from the 1.04 version. Basically, once you have the Basic Combat Parts feat, you can add a weapon at the cost of 800$ and a Complexity point. That weapon will modify the bots Struggle attack and provide the Adept Weapon Edge Move. If you want it to know the Master Move, that'll cost another Complexity point and 800$. Also, I think I'll limit it to one weapon per bot.

3) Looks good to me.

----------------------------------------

On the subject of your 'mon choices....yeah, I can see both working pretty well.

Claydol:
► Show Spoiler
Steelix:
► Show Spoiler
----------------------------------------

And on a completely different subject, I've been thinking about the Glitched mon's. And, while I'm quite happy with the way DK turned out, I've realised that the method I used might not work so well the next time. Using the format I used, there's a very real chance of ending up with an almost useless 'mon - for example, shifting a Water type could result in a Fire/Grass 'mon with no STAB moves, and an Ability that actively hurts it (like Dry Skin).

So, to try and limit the risk a little, I've come up with a new capability for Glitched 'mons;
Glitched: Pokemon with the Glitched capability have extremely chaotic genetic code, and as such find learning new things very easy. With GM permission, Glitched Pokemon can learn TM moves that fit their new biology - e.g. if their type changed, they can learn moves of the new type(s). This costs 1 Tutor Point per Move. They can also learn basic capabilities that fit their new biology (e.g. a new Fire type can get Heater or Glow), at the cost of 2 Tutor Points per capability.
What do you guys think? I don't want it to be too good, since Glitch 'mons have the potential to be really powerful, and that's part of the risk. But I also don't want Burns to waste a limited-use feature on getting a 'mon that he can't do anything with because it has no suitable moves/capabilities.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:27 am

Hmmm...2 tp per capability seems a bit steep. But I do like the ability to teach him tms....even if I could have three max, which makes the best list for him to be Ice Punch (tutor), Fire Punch (tutor), Dig (tm), crabhammer (bubblebeam before that), extrasensery/nasty plot, baton pass/ aqua tail

...ummm how does dk evolve now? Is it Aqua tail? Because before he had to learn double hit...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:44 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Hmmm...2 tp per capability seems a bit steep. But I do like the ability to teach him tms....even if I could have three max, which makes the best list for him to be Ice Punch (tutor), Fire Punch (tutor), Dig (tm), crabhammer (bubblebeam before that), extrasensery/nasty plot, baton pass/ aqua tail
Erm...you realise that none of those Moves are ones that would be covered by the capability? You can get all of those already, just through normal tutoring. The Glitched capability would give you access to stuff like Surf, Dive, Earthquake etc, at the cost of one TP per TM.

And yeah, 2TP is a little pricey. But 1TP felt too cheap, and considering the open-ended nature of it, I felt this was the more balanced option.
Arch Lich Burns wrote: ...ummm how does dk evolve now? Is it Aqua tail? Because before he had to learn double hit...
Yep, pretty much. Just replace Double-Hit with Aqua Tail in the evolution requirements.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am

I realize this, but I would not have the ability to pick up an additional move via tm sadly.

Right now DK has only 3 tp. To get gilled or fountian it would cost 2/3 of his points. I forget what the max tutor points you get, but I feel it is a bit steep when 2 tp can make a pokemon learn an ability. Not to mention some moves teach a capability but then lose it after even if you learned a same type of move. I am looking at you crabhammer.

For some glitch pokemon, that would be a huge boon to do tm moves, fitting of it's type. Just not dk.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:59 am

But Nioca, why spend such a limited feature on creating a ground/electric type when the perfect ground/electric tye already exists?
► Show Spoiler
On a serious note, I could see both options having their own advantages, though I'm inclined for the electric onix since that hands down sounds badass. Question though, why a ground type exactly? Considering your current weaknesses, I would have thought a type-shifted water or ice pokemon could benefit more, unless I'm (probably) missing something..?

Also, Dusk, when you're saying that learning TM's for the glitched thing costs 1 TP, are you keeping in mind that by default teaching ANY TM costs a tutor point?
TM Moves cost a Pok├®mon 1 Tutor Point to learn,
though if this Move is forgotten and replaced by another TM Move (keeping the total number of TM Moves the
same or lower than previously), the new Move does not cost an extra Tutor Point.
Page 300 of the main PDF. Although I'll be honest I'm not 100% sure of that rule myself...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:03 am

Some capabilities, like amorphous should be 2 tp, but i don't think gilled should cost that much....

And he probably will add another tp codt to it...ehich makes it that much harder for me to get tms.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:43 am

M0rtimer wrote: Also, Dusk, when you're saying that learning TM's for the glitched thing costs 1 TP, are you keeping in mind that by default teaching ANY TM costs a tutor point?
TM Moves cost a Pok├®mon 1 Tutor Point to learn,
though if this Move is forgotten and replaced by another TM Move (keeping the total number of TM Moves the
same or lower than previously), the new Move does not cost an extra Tutor Point.
Page 300 of the main PDF. Although I'll be honest I'm not 100% sure of that rule myself...
...huh. To be honest, I had no idea that rule even existed.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna override that rule and say TM's don't use up a Tutor Point normally. The money cost alone is enough for me.

@Burns: You get 1TP per 5 levels. So at Lv30 you'll have six points to spend, Lv40 eight points, and so on. Considering how cheap a lot of the Poke Edges are, this means you can generally grab everything you need and still have a couple of points left over for Trainer specific stuff, like the Type Ace or Cheerleader feats, or this Glitched thing.

Point is, as you hit higher level you should be able to get everything you need regardless of how much it costs. But early game you're going to need to decide which PokeEdges, Tutor Moves, or other things are more important.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:24 am

Another question, the high ability, skill link will have very little use here sadly, due to no longerhaving double hit. I was wonderingif you rerolled the high ability as well, because the likelyhood of me having a non stab fury swipes at level 40 is miniscule