GAL: Q4 - Completed (please move eventually)

For all games that are now over.
Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Re: GAL: Quest 4 - Turn 15

Post by Nolandking » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Tells move in and if a fight begin will stab the first mice he see.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Soars moves into the mouse cave and if a fight has started attacks any hostiles.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:59 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:@ Laughs: if we run into the mice unaware, we MIGHT be able to bluff our way into a more favorable situation. If you drag a corpse into that conversation, they'll know instantly we're the 'bad guys' (at least to them) and will probably attack before we can learn anything else...
He'll stay towards the back, unless he needs to use the mouse corpse as a puppet.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Quest 4 - Turn 16

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:16 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
William moves forward and looks behind the curtain, two mice are going at it, he stabs the one on top with his spear and due to it being a surprise attack kills the mouse in one shot. The other mouse begins to scream, the rabble upstairs pauses. A squeaky voice yells down the ladder, you get her lad and then there is a loud group chuckle before the rabble starts again.
Walks stays behind, wishing to speak to the mice as opposed to killing them.
Right climbs up into the barrel storage area, runs over and pulls back the curtain, exposing the happenings behind it. (although one mouse is dead..so nothing is really happening anymore)
Tells moves over to the curtain and puts his spear through the screaming mouses head, silencing her for good. Again, due to the non-combative nature of the situation and the fact that the mouse was both trapped under a dead weight and scared meant that it was an immediate kill.
Soars arrives on the scene too late to help, so he stands there staring at the horror instead.
Laughs wants to take one of the dead mice with him so he ties its tale to his tapestry rod and starts to drag it around. Sadly, due to the weight, the tails rips from the mouse bottom. The tail is now tightly tied around the rod, so he grabs the mouse by the ear and drags it around looking like a lost child holding its teddy bear. He hangs back in an attempt to allow peaceful negotiations which at this point won't happen.
► Show Spoiler
Stats & Loot
.[tabs:Right(ChuckDaRighteous)]
ATT: 2
DEF: 1
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
Leg Bone - Breaks after 3 hits. +1 Att

[tabs:Walks(Gathers)]
HP: 4/5

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x4, +1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
Vial of Worm blood - Can be assumed to create the same parasite/host relationship that dies has.
Skull

[tabs: Tells(NolandKing)]

ITEMS:
Spear (+1 ATT)
Old crumbling journal
Blue Orb

x
[tabs: Soars(SaruSama)]
ATT: 1

ITEMS:
Pirate Captain's Hat - (upon activation word) Temporarily reduces one enemies DEF by 2 . Cooldown is 10 Turns.

[tabs:Laughs(Spiderwrangler)]

ITEMS:
Fake Beard
Pewter Cup full of bat poop. Stinky!
Pewter Plate
Tapestry Rod +1 ATT - (25% chance to miss)
PlayWitch vol. 2

[tabs:William(Quarg)]
DEF: 3

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)[/tabs]

Key:
Dark gray = Impassable Rock
Light Gray = Floor
Medium Gray = Passage from one cavern to another
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:20 am

Laughs leans his tail-rod against the wall and positions the mouse under the ladder hole so that it appears to be looking up to any mice looking down into the barrel room. He jiggles it slightly in what he hopes is a life-like manner.

He does his best impression of a mouse voice.

"Oh, hey guys... they asked if we wanted to join them... uh... it's getting pretty crazy down here... ummm.. hehehhehe... anyone else feel like having some naked time? Mouse orgy for everyone! Teeeeeharumph..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:13 am

Well apparently my idea of stealth is ripping back a curtain. Then again, William already attacked.

Righteous One[color] will inspect the area behind the curtain for anything useful or interesting. Hopefully something a little more enduring than his bone club.

If any Mice come down, I will deal with them in whatever manner necessary. I'm guessing diplomacy is out of the question right now so most likely combat.

► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 am

Soars will hide behind the barrels and try to stay out of sight. If it is possible to surprise a mouse he'll attack them. (If soars thinks hes surprising then anyway.) :stab: :stab:

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Also badge under my items why isnt my spear listed?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:12 pm

I just had a thought. Since that grog in the barrels smells so awful that its not worth taking back with us, we could use it not for its intoxicating properties so much as its combustible ones. We could try luring the mice into a trap. Whether its worth it depends on how many rats are out there, but I figured it was worth throwing out there.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm

@sarusama - will fix it monday, sorry about that.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:05 am

Tells will head left to see what in the other room.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:58 am

William wonders how in the hell did I just kill a mouse by looking at him????
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:11 am

Quarg wrote:William realizes that they need to set a trap...one that uses alchol and barrels... so he proceeds to investigate the sound of mice mating and see if there are any he can kill off now...'
Some extension of that.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Great. I'm in a dungeon filled with mice and dragons and a couple of creepy psychopaths... Some of which I came here with... :paranoia: thinks Walks and stands ready to kill any hostiles that will sooner or later come down the ladder or whatever.

If no hostiles appear, she'll try to get open one of the barrels' lid without spilling the contents.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:38 am

William shrugs, "I had ment to pin the porker not send him to the beyond...oh well. I think we need to get a spear into the floor and then set the barrels on their sides so that when the mice come down we can barrel roll them..."

William plants his stick into the ground somewhere near the door side of the ladder, if it goes he will then begin to tip over the barrels (excluding the one that Walks is dealing with) and stop them again the imbedded stick to prevent them from rolling.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Quest 4 - Turn 17

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:24 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Laughs tries his hand as a puppet master and points the mouse at the ladder hole and attempts to speak for the dead mouse. "Oh, hey guys... they asked if we wanted to join them... uh... it's getting pretty crazy down here. Anyone else feel like having some naked time? Mouse orgy for everyone!" all while doing his best not to laugh in that crazy way that he does.
Up above the group can hear the rabble stop again and they hear a squeaky voice call down. "Izzat you mike 'hic', since when did henry start letting you pop his girl. An besides, we're always naked.". The upstairs explodes with laughter and the rabble sound starts up again.
Right pulls back the curtain some more and finds the rest of the dead couple as well as some shelves. One of the shelves has two bottle on it, one of which has fallen over, spilling its contents of a light blue liquid. Surprisingly, the liquid doesn't smell bad at all. The markings on the bottle can be made out to say: ST***Y Juice.
William tries to create a large scale mouse trap and tries to jam his pokey stick into the cavern floor, he is rewarding with a Tink Tink sound of his stick hitting stone. With a little ingenuity he finds that the two dead mice will work just fine as a barrel stop, and tips over the two nearest barrels on to the floor and rolls them up against the mouse-stop.
Walks pops open a barrel lid and is accosted by a foul smell. The liquid in the barrel looks like piss which has been left to ferment for several months. She quickly pulls her face away from the open barrel and is sure that someone breathing in the noxious fumes for too long would probably pass out.
Tells heads to the left and finds himself extremely lucky that he was watching where he was going as he finds himself standing on a ledge looking down a long shaft. At the bottom he can see the slow pulsing yellow of the portal. Looking up he sees nothing but gloomy darkness. He also smells various horrible smells.
Soars hides behind the barrels, ready to leap out and attack anything that appears.

Stats & Loot

ITEMS:

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x4, +1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Vial of Worm blood - Can be assumed to create the same parasite/host relationship that dies has.
Skull

ITEMS:
Mousey Spear (+1 ATT)
Old crumbling journal
Blue Orb

x

ITEMS:
Pirate Captain's Hat - (upon activation word) Temporarily reduces one enemies DEF by 2 . Cooldown is 10 Turns.
Mousey Spear (+1 ATT)

ITEMS:
Fake Beard
Pewter Plate
PlayWitch vol. 2

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)

Key:
Light Gray = Floor
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:52 am

Walks investigates if the barrel lid might be suitable to use as a shield. She also examines the rug (?) in the niche the mice had been busy in before, looting it, if it's usable, not bug infested and not too unhandy to carry around.
If any hostiles appear, Walks will poke them with the pointy stick.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:58 am

Righteous One will take the unspilled bottle, and figure out what exactly it does later. He then goes to help with the barrel trap.

stUCKy
stOCKy
stORKy
hmmm...
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:16 am

Laughs sets Mike down with the Henry and his lady friend for now.

"Hey Tells, you mind if I take a look at that journal we found?"

If Tells allows, him, Laughs will examine the journal,if not, he'll help with moving barrels or whatever the rest are doing.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 am

William will attempt to back up the bodies so that the ladder is between his barrel stack and the shaft....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:21 pm

"hey i had an idea they seem to believe mikes down here why don't we set some of these barrells on fire and have "mike" call for help than ambush them"
After telling the others his idea soars will return to hiding and waiting to ambush some mice.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 pm

"Sure! Mike and I can be the bait... and we can duck into the 'love shack' once you send the barrels tumbling."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 pm

"No problem here" said Tells as he hand Laughs the journal. He then goes on to helping the other set up the trap.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Quest 4 - Turn 18

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:52 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Walks checks to see if the barrel lid has any potential to be a shield. Sadly the lid has no such arm straps to be used as such, though if such strap were added it could be used as a shield, though hopefully with the stinky side out. She then walks over and examines the mat that the two mice were loving each other on. The mat turns out to be a long dead hide from an unknown animal and looks as though it is a bit rotten from the many years it has been used. Upon picking it up it practically crumbles in her hands.
Right tries to think about what the bottle could possibly be filled with (Studly juice perhaps?). He takes the unopened bottle and helps with the barrel trap.
Realizing that jumping over the edge would most likely be fatal, Tells heads back to the group, hands the journal to Laughs and then helps with the barrel trap.
William moves his barrel trap to the right of the ladder with the help of Tells & Right. The three first carefully move the barrel without a lid and then line up their barrels.
Soars pops out from behind cover and suggests lighting the barrels on fire and having mike yell for help before hiding behind the barrels again...Sneaky!
Laughs sets mike down on the pile of dead mice and happily accepts the journal from Tells. He then sits down and examines it. The journal is old and many of the words on the pages are no longer discernible, he can however, make out a few parts.
► Show Spoiler
Stats & Loot

ITEMS:

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x4, +1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Skull

ITEMS:
Mousey Spear (+1 ATT)
Blue Orb

x

ITEMS:
Mousey Spear (+1 ATT)

ITEMS:
Fake Beard
Pewter Plate
PlayWitch vol. 2
Old crumbling journal

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)

Key:
Light Gray = Floor
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:01 am

Walks loots the curtain. She also investigates whether or not she could cut off some straps off it to put onto the barrel lid to use it as a shield. (She also keeps the barrel lid, it doesn't appear in her inventory so far, so I though it would be worth pointing that out.) If the curtain is suitable, she tries to borrow something with a blade/sharp edge (e.g. one of the spears), to do her handicraft. (Yes, stinky side facing away from her. :P :lol: )
If someone/thing hostiles appears, Walks will attack them with pointy stick.

EDIT (after reading the PM about this turn): If the rest of the players (at least 4 others) would like to attack into the room above this turn, Walks will leave the curtain etc. be and instead join them and attack some hostile (probably mice) with her pointy stick (as always preferably someone she can damage/kill).

@ team: okay, it looks like we need all 4 orbs to get to the wizard. We already got yellow and blue, and according to the journal, the red might be with the mice, the last one (green) might be down the edge, where the other ring was. (William looked down there.) We'll need to grab the rope from the ring that leads to the mice and tie it down there to get it, most likely.
► Show Spoiler