PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nioca
Floods your Ears

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 2)

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:54 pm

"Wha- HEY!" Elias yelps as he spots the Rattata leaping out of his bag with his cologne. "Thieving little-! Stelour, stop it!"

With brutal speed, Stelour quickly lunges after the thieving mouse and proceeds to strike it with an alarming amount of force before it makes it very far.

Stelour
IF Stelour is faster than the Rattata, Force Palm (AC2): CRITICAL HIT! 63 damage physical fighting (39 Base + 24 Crit)
ELSE Quick Attack (AC2): CRITICAL HIT! 39 damage physical normal (26 Base + 13 Crit)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:17 pm

James

In an effort to try and finish off Kale before getting finished itself, the skorupi starts shooting off pins- But only manages to shoot off 2 pins for 20(15) damage before Kale tackles into it and takes it out!

His final pokemon is a small blue elephant.

Rose(15) KO
Angel(12) 53/63
skorupi(7) KO
elephant(5)
Kale(2) 4/66
Munna(2) KO

Koa

Things aren't looking too good for Koa, as it seems that the cat has the advantage, as it quickly darts in for a bit for 28(26) damage- Right before Mali unleashes absolute fury over the cat with a series of vicious strikes- One-shotting it!

"Geeeeze, that's one angry drillbur... Well, a deal's a deal- Here's your 100 bucks. Good match!"

Koa's pokemon gain 39 exp!

Irene, Tyke, Alex, Izzy

"Actually, I won't be doing any pokemon hunting, for an exceedingly long time. Last time I went pokemon hunting I had the unpleasant experience to discover multiple human bodies decomposing, and the evidence indicates that they were killed by other humans. Today was suppose to be a simple job, remove pokemon from water facility and return them to their home, and look at the fiasco that turned out to be."

"...Arceus fuck kid. You serious?" the man replies- His scowl softening slowly as he hears that, though a bit incredulous.

"I'm planning to train at the gym, challenge the gym, and then head to the next city, and staying on the main path as well. So as you can see I'm unable to oblige your offer."

"Well I wasn't saying it as something you could just do, more like an obligation to... You know what, nevermind. Forget I said anything."

"However if you bought medicine before isn't that an indication that there was already problems in the safety programming of your machine? and honestly my pokemon are very low level, the wild pokemon here are of higher levels. What will happen when a group of wild pokemon decide they're tired of the machines and fight themselves. We already had some poison pokemon indicate they would of fought if they didn't have such a type disadvantage, and we had a group of water pokemon show that they would have fight as well, except for the whole electric attacks being able to one shot them. It's only a matter of time before pokemon decide to put rivalries aside in order to fight off a robot menace, and destroy your machines far more then we did."

"Wouldn't be too sure of that kid... If they're all that much tougher, how come that my machine is still standing? If you're right, I've yet to see any proof of it- Sure I've seen some damage in the past, but this is the first time I've seen a full on onslaught happening."

"... I guess that's generally because most of the pokemon are absolutely fine with them- It's just a select few that don't tolerate them at all."

"And I'm always carrying meds- Be it just for me. We are in the wilds, if not that far from the city. I need to have some provisions in case I'd get hurt."

"Yes, I do have to over analyze the situation. I don't trust you. At all. My parents didn't raise me to ignore the possibility of criminal activities... Okay, tell you what, I'm only going to be traveling between the road and the lake any time soon, but I'll carry your scanner. All of our pokemon are pretty beat up at the moment, though, so we'll be heading back to the city once we finish our job. When do you intend to retrieve the scanner?"

"Bah! Whatever. I'm going to have to build the scanner kid- Will take me at least a few days while I wait for the parts to be delivered from Nekon, too... But if you kids can't fess up to the fact you made a mistake, and be willing to do something to help fix it, there's nothing I can do against that."

"And I already wasted enough time on you punks... I don't have any to spare to make sure you'd get what's coming to you... This time."

"Hopper, how goes the foraging?"

"Better than I had anticipated- A lot of damage, but many core components should still be salvageable. Three of the four drone hard drives were also still intact." The robot says- Displaying a list of components with some stats as Tex takes a look over them.

"Hmm. Gonna take a hell of a lot of time to get it all fixed though. You got everything? We're leaving."

And barring any further inquiries from the trainer, soon after Hopper jumps into the drivers seat- The engines whirring up as Hoppers screen goes blank. Though Tex seems to hesitate for a moment before throwing a bottle of enrichened water in Irene's direction.

"Get yourselves patched up."

And once again, barring any interdiction, the hovercar departs northwest- Not as fast as before, but still much faster than your trip will be...

Elias

Having snagged it's prize, the rattata gleams as it's about to make it's escape- Most likely going to turn their entire nest into a new fragrance thanks to the bottle between it's fangs.

However, Stelour is just slightly faster- As the rattata drops the bottle almost comically as a ferocious punch leaves the rattata flying- Knocked completely senseless by the punch, it lands a few meters further with stars in it's eyes. It won't be getting up any time soon!

Stelour gains 15 exp!
► Show Spoiler
Drake, Phoenix

The trainers decide to try and take down "Zacharie" once and for all- As Phoenix charges first, hitting him with a struggle, though dealing virtually no damage, before Spot launches fire- And while it does seem to definitely hurt him, it also becomes evidently clear that it does not share the same weaknesses as it's brother pokemon...

In fact, it seems to become quite clear that the paras are mere distractions compared to what this guy has in store- as for now he seems to prepare himself- As Drake hangs back with Jeremy, Isabel charges as well, finding herself stuck in the muck- As Max manages to just get into range to fire an ember himself. Champ focuses himself as he charges, and Atom tries to hit Zacharie with metal claws... And misses. Again.

"Come on Atom..!"

Zacharie finally gives but a passing glance at Phoenix- Before seeming to decide that Spot is a more dangerous target- Releasing a bunch of spores to put him to sleep, as well as poisoning him!

Ghos(14) KO
Phoenix(12)
Spot(11) poisoned, asleep
Zachary(10) injured
Drake(10)
Jeremy(10)
Isabel(9)
Max(5)
Champ(4) pumped
Atom(4) injured
Parasect(4) captured
3 Paras(4) KO
3 Paras(3) KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 pm

"That Phanapy is also adorable. Come on Kale, I know you can do it!"

Ac: 8; dmg: 20

WHy Kale you no evolve?
...Wait spores that sleep and posion? Huh? How did that happen?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:54 pm

"... Let's get those totodile to the lake and let the pokemon know we've dealt with the machine."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:06 pm

"Sorry I'm not trying not deny we made a mistake, I'm just a little frazzled, and both sides made mistakes."

as the bottle gets tossed towards Irene "Thank you sir." Kneeling down she gingerly picks the bottle up.

"Yes getting the pokemon to the lake, and us to the city seems like the best course of action. Planning on climbing down or flying down?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Bjorn looks dismayed as Grunt is hit.

'Oh God, I'm sorry Grunt! We may have bitten off more than we can chew here buddy! Don't give up on me though, we can do this!"

Bjorn hurls another pokeball at the injured butterfree, hovering just at the reach of his throw.
Butterfree capture attempt: Accuracy - 1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6
Capture attempt - 1D100 = [81] = 81

He scoots around to pick up his thrown pokeballs before preparing himself for another throw.

Grunt, spurred on by his trainer, attempts to shake off the paralysis.
Grunt paralysis check: 1D20 = [5] = 5

He launches one last Powder Snow at the uninjured Butterfree.
Grunt powder snow: Accuracy - 1D20 = [16] = 16
Damage - 2D6+8+11 = [4, 5]+8+11 = 28
(Super effective!)
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Phoenix cries out to Spot, but knows he must take out Zachary before he can really help. He hopes to use his sneakery to Astonish him.

Accuracy=14
Power=17
Spot Sleep=2

► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 pm

As the smoke clears, the vicious Mali is shocked out of her fury when she sees the fallen Meowth clearly. She blinks and looks down at her claws as if surprised at her own strength.
"Ha ha, wow! Great job Mali, you really showed him!"
At this the Drilbur looks back at her trainer and beams a big grin, any trace of her sudden fury during the fight having completely vanished.

Koa thanks his opponent then, accepts his winnings, and heads back to the Pokemon Center to add two more patients, as well as checking to see how far along his last 3 pokemon he dropped off are towards their recovery.

While he waits for everyone to get patched up (or at least for Maguma and Mali), he checks the Job board feature on his Pokedex to see if anything's come up since this morning. While he's there at the center, he also checks to see if there's any kind of regular job board right there at the Center, for non-League jobs he might be able to do before the day's out.

He's also curious, seeing James rush off towards the Contest Hall earlier, what times that its contests were held. As much as his team was getting beat up, it'd be nice to give them a non-violent outlet to spend some energy, and even better if he could knock a contest out early in the day.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Drake runs over to Spot, grabbing him and shaking him to try wake him up. (even though M0rt said damage and healing items were the only thing that could wake him up when I asked him.)

Champ keeps focus on Zachary as he was told and ignores the paras behind him as he charge at Zachary going for a kick against him.

Low kick to hit: 1D20 = [13] = 13
Low kick damage: 2D8+10+15 = [8, 1]+10+15 = 34
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Elias jogs over, quickly scooping up the dropped bottle of cologne and patting Stelour on the head. "Great work, girl. Let's get out of here before they try to nick anything else."

With that, Elias quickly resumes the journey back to the road, hopefully before the rats notice their fallen comrade and try to exact revenge.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:29 pm

James

Kale prepares for another tackle- But it won't be for this time, as the phanpy tackles into him for 22(17) damage and knocks him out before he gets the chance.

Rose(15) KO
Angel(12) 53/63
skorupi(7) KO
elephant(5)
Kale(2) KO
Munna(2) KO

Irene, Tyke, Alex, Izzy

Following the trouble, the trainers decide to finish the job- Soon departing for the lake, the injured totodile in tow. Soon enough they reach the lake- The proper marsh starting further in the distance. Still, you guess this would be a good enough place to release them... It's getting late after all- And after that whole mecha incident, the trainers are more than tired.

They don't encounter the frogs on their path, though... Did they go even further into the swamp area? Or maybe they just gave up and ran? Or maybe they just took a different path and you completely missed each other? Whatever the case may be... At this point, it seems pretty moot.

Bjorn

Bjorn's streak of bad luck continues- Another ball narrowly going under the butterfree this time, as one of the butterfree lowers it again slightly to send a supersonic at Grunt- Ineffective as it might be, as he snaps out of it immediately. The other butterfree meanwhile, grabs onto the final caterpie before sending another ray of confusion at Grunt for 23(17) damage- As he blasts snow at the same butterfree, hitting the caterpie as well- Before the poison becomes too much and he faints!

Bjorn(14)
Butterfree 1(12) badly injured, 4 meters up
Butterfree 2(9) injured, grabbed caterpie
5 Caterpie(8) #1,2,3 in tree, #4 very badly injured, metapod in tree, #5 picked up, heavily injured
Grunt(6/11) KO

Koa

As the day seems to be rounding up, Koa makes what will likely be his final visit to the pokecenter for the day- As usual though, the machines take time, and it'd be a little while yet before they'd finish rounding up the last batch- Though he should have no problem taking them home, same with Maguma and Mali- Mali needing only to spend a small half an hour in the machine, barely having been injured.

Checking his "job board", reveals nothing new having appeared- Nothing interesting at least. If anything, you would say that more have been resolved over the course of the day than that have been added... Though a bunch would probably pop up over night, somehow... There's no such thing as a noticeboard at the poke-center though, at least as far as he knows... But maybe he could inform around whether or not someone would need the job done? Or he could go to a job agency- Though those usually take a bit more commitment than just the odd job...

Finally, checking the contest hall reveals that the contest hall holds 5 contests each day- One for each type, in order- cool, beauty, cute, smart and tough. at 8 am, 10.30 am, 2 pm, 4.30 pm and 7 pm. Tomorrow starting with a tough contest in the morning- The attendant also points out that while saturday they usually host special contests, they will be suspended this week because of the tournament- Which will also host a contest of it's own...
► Show Spoiler
Elias

Retrieving the precious Cologne, Elias and Stelour are quickly underway again- Luckily spared from the wrath of the rattata hoard, even if they clearly noticed the battle- Not moments after you have moved away a much larger rat coming to bring him back to the nest. They probably don't want to make more trouble than it's worth- His mistake for not being fast enough...

Phoenix, Drake

Phoenix keeps on the assault, hitting Zacharie with an astonish- But once again, the punch comes weak, glancing off some carapace he keeps beneath those clothes, as Spot seems unable to shake off the sleep for now, even as Drake tries to wake him up. Zachary meanwhile, once again seems to wait- Though the bulge on his back grows larger, and his claws seem to sharpen to the point that it's hard to recognize a man...

As Jeremy continues barking commands from the far away safety, Isabel finally manages to get to Zacharie herself- Delivering a punch with significantly more force than Phoenix... But even she finds her blow glancing off almost completely as she retracts her hand shaking.

"Arceus fuck what are you made of?!"

Zacharie doesn't seem to bother giving a response anymore at this point- Simply stepping sidewards as he lines up both Isabella and Phoenix- A small drip of poison slipping from one of his claws.

"...Oh fuck."

Following that, Zacharie absolutely tears through both of them- Dealing 58(52) damage- Which together with the damage he took before, is enough to knock him out! And Isabella, while not as bad off as Phoenix, soon joins him.

"Oh- Oh shit!"

Max is more than pissed off as Isabella falls- Breathing more fire at him as both Atom and Champ come rushing in as well, successfully flanking Zachary- The three combined hits seeming to do some damage, though nothing to brag about... Even if all the sustained damage is starting to pile up.

Ghos(14) KO
Phoenix(12) KO
Spot(11) poisoned, asleep 49/57
Zachary(10) heavily injured
Drake(10)
Jeremy(10)
Isabel(9) KO
Max(5)
Champ(4) pumped
Atom(4) injured
Parasect(4) captured
3 Paras(4) KO
3 Paras(3) KO
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:58 pm

► Show Spoiler
Phoenix takes a nice sleep and dreams of happier things. I'll let Theis roll for Spot's sleep check.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:22 pm

Fake out:
ac: 15; dmg: 21

Tackle:
ac: 13; dmg: 26

Also using the dex: is it male or female?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:37 pm

Alex looks around the lake for any wild pokemon present. If he spots any, he approaches them to speak to them, "When these totodile recover, can you tell them that their home should be safe enough that they don't need to go to the human place again? And if you see any Croagunk, let them know we dealt with the giant machine."

Perception: 3
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:44 am

Drake calls out the cubone behind Zachary, feeling a bit desperate and in need of manpower before proceeding to once again shake up Spot to get him awake why yelling his command.
"Cubone, I need you to headbutt that guy! And keep going Champ!

Sleep check spot: 1D20 = [12] = 12
Headbutt attack: 1D20 = [8] = 8
Headbutt damage: 2D6+10+11 = [3, 6]+10+11 = 30

I guess Sam/Phoenix still have his command action? I made one just in case for Spot. Feel free to disregard this though.
Ember to hit: 1D20 = [7] = 7
Ember damage: 2D6+8+14 = [4, 6]+8+14 = 32
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:55 am

As Koa waits around for his pokemon to get healed, he takes a look at the map in his Pokedex.

Remembering Mali's usefulness in finding that fossil for him earlier, Koa idly wonders if there'd be a good spot in town he could have her search around for underground goodies - like a living metal detector. Somewhere where people wouldn't be too bothered with someone digging around, of course.

Intuition roll to find a good dig spot - AP boosted: 4D6+2+1 = [2, 1, 4, 6]+2+1 = 16

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:05 pm

James

As the dex reveals the phanpy to be female, Angel hits it twice- First flinching it with a fake-out, before going in with a tackle. In response, the phanpy curles up defensively.

Rose(15) KO
Angel(12) 53/63
skorupi(7) KO
elephant(5) curled injured
Kale(2) KO
Munna(2) KO

Drake, Phoenix

While Spot finally wakes with Drake's help, it's not before the poison takes even more of it's toll- As Zacary turns to Max, bearing down on him with a set of dangerous pincers- A quick strike later, he too is knocked out as Zachary appears invigorated from the strike! Jeremy finally starts rushing over to try and help, as Champ and Atom continue to try bringing Zachary down- Though their attacks seem to remain ineffective at the most... In fact, it's looking like Zacharie regained more vigor than he lost!

Ghos(14) KO
Phoenix(12) KO
Spot(11) poisoned, asleep 41/57
Zachary(10) heavily injured
Drake(10)
Jeremy(10)
Isabel(9) KO
Max(5) KO
Champ(4) pumped
Atom(4) injured +1 ATT
Parasect(4) captured
3 Paras(4) KO
3 Paras(3) KO
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Angel goes for another tackle.
Ac: 18; dmg: 24

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Drake hesitates for a moment before he runs towards Isabelle and Phoenix. He does a quick check to see that both of them are breathing and is relieved to see that they do. Luckily for him Champ knows what to do and keep the attack going.

Champ karate chop to hit: 1D20 = [16] = 16 Crit!
Karate chop damage: 4D6+20+15 = [2, 6, 4, 6]+20+15 = 53
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Bjorn stares shocked at his fainted pokemon, before quickly recalling Grunt and sending out Silk. He decides to try one last time to catch the butterfree before he will retreat, throwing out his third pokeball at the heavily injured butterfree.
Butterfree capture attempt: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11
1D100 = [42] = 42

"Don't let that caterpie escape, Silk!"
Silk will immediately shoot a thick string shot at the airlifting butterfree and pull herself toward it.
Silk Threaded attempt: 1D20 = [13] = 13
As she gets in melee range, she wraps a thread around the body of the already laboured butterfree and squeezes tightly.
Silk Constrict attempt: Accuracy - 1D20 = [9] = 9
Damage - 1D6+1+12 = [6]+1+12 = 19
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:21 pm

Irene also approaches the pokemon trying to give a soothing smile. 12 Yes the robot pokemon shouldn't be bothering you or any of the pokemon living here anymore.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:12 pm

Izzy helps the others look for the missing Pokemon, using her keen eyes.

Perception: 11

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:11 pm

If Tyke is allowed to Accept Tex's Offer:

"...I'll do it. I mean, I don't think anybody is in the whole right here, but I was the one who decided that Robots Menacing Pokemon was obviously Bad News...What would this scanner be doing and where would we have to go?" Tyke Asks, looking a bit uncomfortable and crossing her arms. "I'm not delving right into Dangerous Territory if this thing is gonna go haywire and attract every pissed off 'Mon for miles. I also won't go around Mucking up anything Pokemon have made or something. You know what I mean."

When he says that it might take him a a few days to make it, she digs a receipt out of a pocket somewhere and whips out a Nice Pen, scribbling her 'Dex Number and Signing it, all in a Nice, Loopy Rock Star Script. "Here. Gimmie a Call when you get it or whatever. And Keep that." She says as she gives it to him and Grins. "It's gonna be Valuable Someday."

Now:

"Ugh...Finally..." Tyke Says, unceremoniously dumping the Totdile next to the lake. "Lets get Out of here...I need to get my Sound Man fixed..."

She will wait around a bit impatiently while the others look for Pokemon around them.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Spot will use Ember again. On Zackary. Can't roll right now, I'm at work.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:31 am

Elias continues heading back to the city, contemplating his next course of action. As much as he didn't want to, the league would need to be informed of what had happened... He had no doubt Matsudo would be exceedingly unhappy that several of the trainers with him had been likely killed. Aside from that... truthfully, he didn't really know.
► Show Spoiler