PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:35 am

Izzy jumps as her reflection starts speaking to her, stifling a shriek of surprise. Well, this was....new.

"Uhh...hi? Wait, what's that mean?! I've already solved a bunch of these puzzles!"

Eager to show mirror-Izzy that she's no quitter, Izzy gives the mirror another look - reaching out to touch the glass and see if anything happens.

"Alright then....so, what's up with this one? Is there some secret button or something I need to find?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Drake will send out Crowley and use bubblebeam if he doesn't switch. Can't roll at the moment
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The massive bot forces itself forward once again- This time trampling down on both Bjorn and Alex, with the voltorb bot seemingly considered "acceptable collateral"... As it deals 21(13) damage to Bjorn, his injuries really starting to hurt, and 21(11) to Alex, who just can't catch a break... Although he detects the attack, negating the damage in question. As the right head meanwhile aims it's water cannon at Pyre this time- Which the bird luckily manages to evade, as it immediately retaliates with an ember- It's wings manage to block some of the blast, although it still does some damage.

The zoroarks meanwhile look to continue doing their own part- One looking to try and tear off the massive robot's wings, as the other one goes after the jumpluff bot... The former seeming to score a critical hit as he tears the wings off in one fell swoop, while the other... Misses completely.

Adrian water pulses the armour once more- This time around, finally knocking off the protective plating as it falls to the ground, revealing the much softer internals of the robot...

Jackie shockwaves the juffplum bot, doing a good amount of damage.

The solitary hoppip bot is next to act- And has apparently deemed to give Alex another "soft" knockout- But misses...

Bjorn meanwhile punches the voltorb yet again, almost knocking it out this time... But not quite! It immediately retaliates by extending a series of blades, and then rolling off to the left as it slashes by Bjorn and Grunt- Dealing 43(35) and 43(35) damage to both!

Luna meanwhile, moves down to the robot's side and hits it with a dazzling gleam, hitting many of the smaller parts.

Jumpluff bot, again, tries to get one of the trainers out of the battle- Shooting at Alex for 34(24) damage, knocking him out. Again.

Bellatrix meanwhile copycats the water cannon that was used previously- Blasting the machine's tail with it for some damage!

"No, I did not. Or, I was not trying to. I don't want him dead any more than you do. I...am not the most personable person. All I was trying to do was warn you of the dangers out of my control."
"Luna, I got some healing items on me, use them on the ones knocked out."

"Fair enough... Be aware our own intentions is to achieve victory with as little injuries as possible- And if you are truly worried about these godslayers, we'll make sure that you shall not be near upon their arrival."

"...Or at the very least, we shall try and arrange this if you cease resisting this much."

"Bit hard to do in the heat of the moment, darling!"

The left head meanwhile focuses on the much healthier Luna, finally coming into decent range- Burning her for some damage!

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(30/25) injured +1 SPD
Middle head(24/20) +1 SPD lightly injured
Pyre(22/18)
Numa(21) KO
zoroark 1(20) lightly injured
zoroark 2(20) lightly injured
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) 6/77
Adrian(16/14)
Jackie(15) 13/67
5 Hoppip-bots(15) #1,2,3,4 KO
Bjorn(14) 2/45
Tank(14/10) recalled
1 voltorb bot(13/11) badly injured +1SPD
Luna(12) heavily injured
2 voltorb bots(11) #1 KO #2 KO
Bellatrix(chansey)(11) injured
Haley(10) 50/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) injured
Alex(6) -11/52
Left head(6/5) injured +1 SPD
Hopper-bot(5/7) KO
Willow(4) recalled
Dusk(3)
Cushion(2)
High-powered fan pad(S) injured
Volt-proofed tail(S) heavily injured
Heatproofed wings(S) KO
Heavy-Duty plated armor(S) KO

Irene

Irene considers her options, and eventually continues forward- Eventually, not much further, coming yet again upon another room... This one appears empty and bland, or would at least weren't it for the runic symbols on the wall her lantern lights up, adding a bit more to it... But besides that, it appears there's only a mirror on the opposite side of the room, and another exit to the left, going even... Further in? Noticeably, though, after some closer inspection, she notices another idol pedestal in the room... Or rather, in the reflection of the room- As no such pedestal can be seen in this room...

The glyphs in this room, meanwhile, mostly seem to be pictures of "paralels"- Showing two figures, seperated by the line, often similar, often... Different in many small things. And in a couple instances, seem radically different... The one usable piece of text reads the following:

'THOSE ON THE OTHER SIDE WISH TO TEST YOUR METTLE. PROVE YOU ARE THE BETTER SIDE."

Koa

"Heh, I'm sure it would be, it's just I was raised to 'wait for the right person', and uh... I-I mean I'm not saying you're not! Or you are, or- What I mean is... I dunno what to think about a 'once-and-done' kinda deal, yeah?"

"I wouldn't wanna try it in a graveyard, I know that at least."

"Well, that's... Certainly a weird thing to say..? Anyways, I don't see why it'd have to be a one time thing. Hell, if things really hit off, maybe we can even get a friend to join us..? How's that sound..?"

"No, I figure he's used to you having your fun by now, yeah? But now that you mention it... would he get mad if I take too long in here? In case we...?"

"Hey relax, I just said we got all the time in the world if we need it, right? But yeah, don't worry- He knows. I was just worried you'd think he might be jealous..."

"Well the last time I touched something in a weird place, I got punched by a statue, so I think I'll take a look first."

"...Is that supposed to be an euphemism? I don't get it."

Koa investigates the lever closer, noting that it does seem there's a set of cables heading out the back, and back into the wall... But sadly, that's as far as he can determine it's "function", as there's no indicator as to what it's leading to- As far as he can't tell it's leading a distance away, so if he'd want to make sure as to what it might trigger, he'd have to see if he could find the other end of the cable somewhere... But he can spot nothing of the kind nearby, so at least whatever he'd trigger isn't close..?

Phoenix

"I'm listening..." Phoenix simply stares, as the girl starts simply droning on, while beginning to search for something- Which involves stripping down a tile to access her hiding place, apparently...

"Alright, good. As it happens, I already managed to assemble everything I'd need for someone to pull it off- Well, almost... I got an employee card and the poison. What I'd need you to do is this- Use the employee card to get access to the private kitchens on floor 29, although you might need to use it at the basement levels first, to obtain a proper costume to blend in. Once you're there, at a certain point there will be two drinks going up to the penthouse, for me and her. You need to make sure you're the one that handles that order, and poison both drinks, alright? I'd hire someone else, but the thing is that no one has seen me together with you yet... Anyone that might have is screened and would be noticed by security. You, though- Most staff doesn't even know each other, so at worst you can pretend to be a new hire."

"Now, one thing that I must emphasize- Whatever drinks you make, you'll have to pass them by her personal bodyguard, and she will mostly likely force you to taste both drinks... You'll need to either find some way to fake that, or slip it in afterwards or something. Just be aware this stuff is potent- You can't just drink it and take a regular antidote and hope everything will be fine."

"Ah, that step should prove no issue. I can simply purge the poison from your system once it comes to that."

"Once your job is done, you'll probably want to make a getaway, and I'll be making sure that no one comes searching for you once the chaos has settled down. And next time you come find me, I'll assure you- You will be very well rewarded."

"Alright, you got all that?"

Izzy

"Uhh...hi? Wait, what's that mean?! I've already solved a bunch of these puzzles!"

"Oh yeah, of course- It's easy, right? When you can cheat, and see what's behind the scenes, it's no surprise "

"Alright then....so, what's up with this one? Is there some secret button or something I need to find?"

"Ah, of course- Once you figure out all the tricks, it stops being scary and just becomes a game instead, right?"

"Anyways... Stick around for a while, let's chat! I'm curious to find out more about you... And maybe I'll eventually tell you what you have to do, right?"

"For starters... We both got a strict dad, don't we?"

Drake

Drake switches to Crowley- As Jack once again uses his turn to immediately switch back to a mightyena.

"Always hate this part..."

Flash uses remaining: 2

sandile(18/15) recalled
houndour(15) recalled
crowley(15)
Mightyena(14)
Darfel(2) recalled
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Adrian fires a Water Pulse at the left head.

Water Pulse (Left Head): AC=16, Damage = 37
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:18 pm

"Well, that's... Certainly a weird thing to say..? Anyways, I don't see why it'd have to be a one time thing. Hell, if things really hit off, maybe we can even get a friend to join us..? How's that sound..?"

"Hah, one thing at a time, huh?" Koa says with a fresh wave of heat surging to his face. After another moment of needing to cool down, he continues. "Yeah, I guess... I was raised more conservative about it? I've never really talked about this stuff with anyone, definitely not with someone so open about it."

Later, at the mystery switch

"...Is that supposed to be an euphemism? I don't get it."

"No, that's literal, a statue came alive and socked me one. Though it was in some old ruins with a bunch of other magic stuff. Anyway, I guess I'll come back to this later," he says, backing away from the lever.

With that, Koa travels onward through the maze with Fatale! To discover more of the maze's mysteries or otherwise....
Intuition and Perception in Murkoff gym w/ Fatale 2:
5d6+4 = [4, 3, 3, 2, 1] = 17
2d6 = [5, 2] = 7

"So both you and Jack can see in the dark, huh? Is that just like a power you have, like my Rock powers?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Inturrupt! haley will take a picture of the fire move.

"I trust Alex's judgement. If he says they could get you killed, he's probably right."

Conditions
If Jackie is not Ko: swift on giant bot (gwtting left head into the attack)
If Jackie is Ko: Release big bird to slash the bot, trying to get as many parts as possible. (getting left head into the attack)

Haley will use her tech skills to make the bot blind.
[1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 AC [2d6+32] = 10+32 = 42 Swift [2d10+26] = 7+26 = 33
ac [1d20] = 18 tech edu [4d6+1] = 10+1 = 11

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:33 pm

The clues are relatively forward, so Irene talks to the mirror "Hello? Are you willing to talk?"

if the mirror reflection responds
So what do you know about me?

if the reflection doesn't respond
Irene slowly backs away from the mirror and tries to get the reflection to just grab the idol.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:04 am

I understand. Now... any chance I can leave through the door, now that your guard is gone?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:53 am

"Hey, that only helped with the fake wall one! The other two were all me!"

"...and what do you know about my dad?"

As Izzy talks to...herself(?), she keeps her wind-sense focused on the two corridors, searching for movement. And if she feels that girl coming down one, she darts for the other.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 am

"Yeah, hopefully it will end here. Crowley, go all out and then move away!"

Crowley will stick to the limit of a bubblebeam attack and do it twice in a row, being 4 meters away and then move 5 meters away to a total range of 9 meters. Unless they are in melee, in that case he'll just stay there.
Sadly the bubbles still linger in the air and apparently makes it impossible to hit the mightyena

Crowley bubblebeam: 1d20-3 = 10 3d8+10+23 = 43
Crowley bubblebeam: 1d20-3 = 1 3d8+10+23 = 43

Drake pokemaniac mightyena: 5d6 = [4, 3, 3, 2, 2] = 14

If possible to switch using the pokemons standard action instead of trainer standard action, then I'll also do a pokemaniac on the two other pokemon

Drake pokemaniac sandile: 5d6 = [6, 6, 3, 1, 1] = 17
Drake pokemaniac houndour: 5d6 = [6, 3, 3, 2, 2] = 16

All my pokemon also got +4 initiative by the way.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:03 pm

Koa

"Hah, one thing at a time, huh?" Koa says with a fresh wave of heat surging to his face. After another moment of needing to cool down, he continues. "Yeah, I guess... I was raised more conservative about it? I've never really talked about this stuff with anyone, definitely not with someone so open about it."

Fatale pauses for a moment, seeming to be thinking... Or that's as far as he can guess in this darkness, at least- As she eventually responds.

"You keep saying weird things, Koa... But hey, if you were raised in such a dictatorship house, maybe we can make up for lost opportunities, yeah?"

---

"No, that's literal, a statue came alive and socked me one. Though it was in some old ruins with a bunch of other magic stuff. Anyway, I guess I'll come back to this later,"

"That's... Okay, alright- We're gonna talk about that during our "fun time" in a bit, alright? You got me curious."

Koa decides to ignore the lever for now, continuing along the maze as Fatale continues giving "hot and cold hints"... Lately now, mostly "hot", as Koa guesses they're getting close to wherever she wants to go- Still raising one little question on the way there...

"So both you and Jack can see in the dark, huh? Is that just like a power you have, like my Rock powers?"

"Yeah, pretty much. I'd show off some of the other things a "shade caller" can do, but we're already completely in the dark, so that limits my options... I'd show off some of the more offensive things it allows me to do, but if I'd do that, I'd probably end up destroying something."

"Anyways... We're here!"
Fatale suddenly stops, to Koa's surprise as they're in a middle of a hallway... But already holding a key, turns to the wall to her side- Seeming to search for a bit before pushing it in something he had not seen before, unlocking it with a click- And soon swinging open the practically invisible door, a red light beginning to shed out from within as she does, a single bulb responsible in the small room, swaying back and forth as she is quick to enter, Koa behind... The room itself was rather small, and still a bit "creepy"- On one side of the room, there was a small dresser, with a round mirror, smashed into pieces... To the sides, several display drawers, some empty, but most seeming to contain creepily real looking masks of human faces... And on the other bed was a disheveled bed, as if it was bought 30 years ago and never replaced, and was missing any kind of cover or sheet, only a single pillow there... But a bed was a bed- And Fatale had already taken the liberty of sitting down, leaning her back on the wall, as she was again giving Koa that coy little smile...

Irene

Figuring things are pretty obvious, Irene approaches the mirror... And starts:

"Hello? Are you willing to talk?"

"Hah, figured that out quick, didn't we?"
the reflection starts, suddenly shifting from perfect mimicry to it's own actions...

"Guess we aren't dumb, at least... Guess we also aren't cowardly to have that lantern in the first place."

"So what do you know about me?"

"Honestly? Not much. That's what we're here to find out, aren't we? Already a lot of good stuff I got, but don't get cocky. For example, I bet you clam yourself to be sacrificial, but really- Once it comes to the test, most people run away."

Phoenix

I understand. Now... any chance I can leave through the door, now that your guard is gone?

"Nope! The whole plan relies on you not being associated to me in any way... We can't risk anyone seeing you leave this room. You'll just have to disappear the same way you appeared... Here-" the girl says, shoving a card of some description, as well as a vial filled with a clear liquid into Phoenix's hands.

"Alright, that should be everything, and... Good luck."

Izzy

"Hey, that only helped with the fake wall one! The other two were all me!"

"...and what do you know about my dad?"

"I mean, it's obvious, isn't it? I know what you filled in on that little quiz. If the dad hadn't stopped the kid, everything would have been fine, right?"

"The kid would have gotten a pokemon, and with a pokemon, would have been able to protect themselves."

"Really, by being so overprotective, he got that boy killed."

"It's not too farfetched to say that we got the same thing happening to us."

"I bet we ran away from home."

"I bet that's why we put down a fake name."

"I bet that's why there's a whole mob trying to hunt us down."

The reflection's grin only grows bigger and more wicked as the last couple sentences are said...

Drake

Crowley fires off two bubblebeams in quick succession, even though only one hits- As the mightyena can not reach melee this round, instead opting to hit Crowley with a swagger, confusing it!

Drake also manages to figure out the other two pokemon:

Sandile: careful with intimidate and anger point
houndour: lonely with flash fire, unnerve, and twisted power.

sandile(18/15) recalled
houndour(15) recalled
crowley(15) +2 ATT, confused
Mightyena(14) injured
Darfel(2) recalled

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:26 pm

"You keep saying weird things, Koa... But hey, if you were raised in such a dictatorship house, maybe we can make up for lost opportunities, yeah?"

As a matter of fact, Fatale was the one saying weird things. Dictatorship's a bit of an extreme way to describe it, isn't it? Surely she's come across people who were more reserved about that, right? Unless she really is just messing with him and trying to do a 'funny misunderstanding' kinda gag, because there's no way she hadn't caught on to what Koa was talking about by now.

Koa supposes he'll figure out what she's up to sooner or later....

---

In the event Fatale did have that in mind, Koa had a bit of time to think things over. Normally he'd politely brush a suggestion like this off. After all, he's only known Fatale for, what, less than half an hour total? This isn't something you jump into with just anyone! At least, that's how Koa was taught growing up, that's it's something you share with someone special. Fatale's totally nonchalant attitude towards it (Koa assumes) caught him off guard, and it's been making him reconsider that not everyone feels that way about it. Still, it's not something Koa would normally consider.

"Anyways... We're here!"

"A bit cozy in here, yeah?" Koa jokes lightly, closing the door behind him and looking around at the... unique and occasionally broken decor. "Is this your room?"

Of course, Koa isn't really leading a normal life anymore. Evil organizations, possible government conspiracies, inter-planar politics between godlike beings, and the machinations of alien entities even more ancient than that were all part of the day-to-day now, and he and the other trainers in his party were marching headlong into it the thick of it. He'd almost died just yesterday in a completely separate dimension, and he still has the wounds to prove it. Who knows what dangers tomorrow will bring?

"So I've been thinking about it and uh... I think I'll, uhm... I'll give it a shot!" Koa decides, swallowing hard. He looks at the bed uncertainly, his heart thumping hard as he awkwardly sits on the edge of it. "It's just that I-I um... I've never done it before, s-so...?"

Koa figures it might be good to have some fun while he can, especially if Fatale's going to make it easy in a 'no-strings-attached' kinda way.

Or this might be when Fatale reveals her big prank she's been cooking up. Koa has some reservations regarding that possible scenario, too.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:49 am

Bjorn bugs out, dropping back behind Cushion and to the left. Although still intent on making an impact this round, he addresses the voltorb. "Oh no no no, you don't get away that easily!" he exclaims, atttempting to Freeze Dry it.
Freeze Dry (AC = 6; Damage = 30)

Pyre focuses on the left head this time, directing another Ember attack in its direction.
Ember (AC = 2; Damage = 28) (+1 AP if it makes a difference; Super effective!)
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:31 am

It takes Izzy a couple of seconds to realise the reflection was talking about the quiz. It felt like weeks ago that she'd filled that thing out!

"...go on then. What's my real name? My full name."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:37 am

Crowley feels empowered and moves in for the kill, striking his opponent twice with a double hit.

Willing to AP boost the first AC roll if needed so I get a total of 6 instead.

Crowley double hit: 1d20-3 = 5 1d20-3 = 8 1d8+6+32 = 41 2d8+10+32 = 47
Confusion: 1d2 = [1] = 1
Confusion save: 1d20 = [3] = 3
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:36 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The massive bot steps to the left, this time trampling over Luna and the zoroark- The right head soon firing off another signal beam at the very same zoroark, knocking it out! Meanwhile, the middle head sparks electric, and gives Bjorn a little "love tap" for 21(13) damage, knocking him out, too..! This will be hurting in the morning...

Pyre tries to get revenge for it's fallen master, but seems a bit too distraught as the attack misses.

The one conscious zoroark keeps his efforts on the juffplum bot, darting under it's underside as it slashes past...

Somehow completely missing again. You can swear you can almost hear the unconscious Numa grumbling something about "idiots" again...

Adrian, with the armour off, now aims at the left head, dealing some damage. Jackie meanwhile strikes with a swift, managing to catch multiple parts in the blast- such as the fan and left head... It also does hit the place where the armor used to be and the wings, but both are already so damaged to be essentially defunct, not doing much.

The one remaining hoppip bot fires at Haley, dealing 26(19) damage!

The voltorb bot meanwhile, knocks out Grunt by slamming into him for 52(45) damage, knocking him out!

Luna meanwhile, still a bit down, moves over to the voltorb, moves over to the robot in question- Somehow managing to drain some life out of it as she gives a draining kiss, knocking it out and restoring a little bit of HP.

Bellatrix meanwhile, smashes into the left head with all her power- Which isn't that much, and she ends up hurting herself in the process...

"I trust Alex's judgement. If he says they could get you killed, he's probably right."

Hopper ignores her statement this time, though,as Haley sadly fails to shut down the big jufplumm bot for a turn... And in turn, it captures the zoroark into a fire spin attack, trapping it, before distancing itself! The juffplum bot was destroyed as the results of a late triggering AOO. And the left head adds on to this attack, sending out a massive flamethrower that deals a lot of damage, and burns the zoroark!

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(30/25) injured +1 SPD
Pyre(22/18)
Numa(21) KO
zoroark 1(20) KO
zoroark 2(20) badly injured, burned
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) KO
Adrian(16/14)
Jackie(15) 13/67
Bjorn(14) -11/37
Tank(14/10) recalled
1 voltorb bot(13/11) KO
Luna(12) heavily injured
Haley(10) 31/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) KO
Alex(6) -11/52
Left head(6/5) badly injured +1 SPD
Hopper-bot(5/7) KO
Willow(4) recalled
Dusk(3)
Cushion(2)
High-powered fan pad(S) heavily injured
Heatproofed wings(S) KO

Koa

"A bit cozy in here, yeah? Is this your room?"

"Nah. I mean... Not really? This room is actually for... Well, this room actually still belongs to the maze- Technically, I'm not really supposed to let you in here unless you figure it all out yourself... But hey, maybe this just gives you the incentive to try and do that, heh- It's been years since someone "cracked" the secret of the maze, so that'd be fun..."

As Fatale continues giving her oh so casual explanation in to what for Koa was both an exhilarating and terrifying moment, he finally comes to a final conclusion... Maybe if things were regular, he'd refuse her instantly given how little he actually knows her, but things haven't been quite "regular" for a while... Not to mention the way she's been talking about all this made clear that not everyone thought about these things like he did- It was obvious she was a lot more... Casual about it.

"So I've been thinking about it and uh... I think I'll, uhm... I'll give it a shot! It's just that I-I um... I've never done it before, s-so...?"

"Aw, you poor sheltered boy..." Fatale begins, that smirk still playing on her face as she cocks her head, leaning just a bit closer, but still keeping a slight distance... Weird to think of what they were about to do when they had barely even touched each other before this.

"Well, don't worry... I suppose we'll be making up for lost time, aren't we? I can start off."

"So, what would you prefer..."

"For me to start telling you about the time we met Lugia, or the time we had a temple collapse on top of us?"

There's a very brief moment of silence, as the girl keeps her little smile as if she was completely unaware of what Koa thought they were here for... But her true intentions are soon revealed as she can't help but fail to suppress a snicker, still doing just that as she continues-

"Hehehehe~ Ok, ok, I know, I'm sorry- The joke dragged on probably longer than it should have. In my defense, you made it way too easy for me to keep up- You looked like a part of you was expecting it, so if you'd just been a bit more blunt..."

Izzy

"...go on then. What's my real name? My full name."

"Hey now, that's not the point of this! I'm the one supposed to be asking you the questions, not the other way around!"

"Isn't it good enough for me to know you're probably in bigger trouble than you realize, Isabella..?"

"But that's besides the point! I just want to know why- Why'd you run off? Were you not expecting something like this to happen..?"

Drake

Crowley moves in for a double hit, but only manages to hit one of two strikes- And that's only because Drake spends an AP on the AC 8 move! Still dealing some good damage as the opposing mightyena is starting to look rough, but the shiny corphish ends up hurting itself quite a bit in confusion, too- And soon gets bitten for 36(29) damage in addition!

sandile(18/15) recalled
houndour(15) recalled
crowley(15) +2 ATT, confused 17/62
Mightyena(14) badly injured
Darfel(2) recalled

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:49 am

Adrian hits the left head again.

Water Pulse (Left Head): AC=8, Damage = 36
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:21 am

"Nah. I mean... Not really? This room is actually for... Well, this room actually still belongs to the maze- Technically, I'm not really supposed to let you in here unless you figure it all out yourself... But hey, maybe this just gives you the incentive to try and do that, heh- It's been years since someone "cracked" the secret of the maze, so that'd be fun..."

"There's a big secret? More than just getting to the end? Huh... well I guess I'll have to look into it!"

Things then start to get a little more intimate, as Fatale inches closer... before she asks him the big question.

Which story would he like to hear first?

"Hehehehe~ Ok, ok, I know, I'm sorry- The joke dragged on probably longer than it should have. In my defense, you made it way too easy for me to keep up- You looked like a part of you was expecting it, so if you'd just been a bit more blunt..."

"Heh, yeah I kinda saw this coming," Koa says while visibly relaxing, deflating a bit in equal parts disappointment and relief. "It was kind-of a silly thing to assume, huh, that'd we'd just...?"

"So a story swap? Yeah I'd be down for that. Me and my group haven't gone on too many adventures, but I got some stories to share!" Koa says, both feeling and making himself more comfortable on the bed. "I'll give you a choice too, yeah? If you tell me about the time you met that Lugia guy, I can tell you about the time we met Diancie or about the time we all got trapped in some sort-of ancient mind prison thing!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:45 am

Haley releases Big Bird and has it attack all of the heads and as many parts as possible with a slash, using focused training on it. She then moves twoards the ship.

Slash [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3[2d10+26] = 17+26 = 43 Well that's a bust.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Phoenix sighs. Yeah, I figured. He grabs the card and the vial of poison, and walks towards the balcony door. While walking, he has a thought. Hey, Midas.
Why does she want her murdered? Is there any personal reasons that she is hiding from us?

Phoenix steps out onto the balcony and tries to decide if climbing back up, or dropping down again would be easier.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:18 am

Crowley repeats a bubblebeam at the mightyena, hopefully knocking it out. During the attack a few of the bubbles bounces back and hits Crowley in the eyes or something, hurting him, but it is enough to stop the confusion!

Also using agility training order on him next round to increase his initiative by an additional 4

Crowley bubblebeam: 1d20 = 14 3d8+10+26 = 53
Crowley confusion: 1d2 = [1] = 1
Crowley confusion save: 1d20 = [19] = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:08 am

"Why'd I run away? From what, the girl? I dunno, she just seemed kinda...creepy?"

"...you know, I should probably ask what her name is next time. Seems rude not to know."

"Or are you talking about the other thing. Because if you are me, then you should know exactly why I left. Staying there was just....it just wasn't an option, okay."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:25 am

Pyre swoops down with another Ember on the right head, screeching as she sees Bjorn crumple and hit the ground. Her fury gives her attack extra impetus, the embers seeming to almost glow with rage.

Ember (AC = 20; Damage = 28)
Critical hit: 2D6+8 = [5, 5]+8 = 18
AC = 20, 46 total damage (Super effective, Burned.)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Koa

"Heh, yeah I kinda saw this coming... It was kind-of a silly thing to assume, huh, that'd we'd just...?"

"I mean, it does happen. Although usually when both people are already kind of looking for it, you know? Like, go visit a nightclub, hit up someone, and if everything goes well you'll have a fun one night. I personally think the whole 'celibacy' thing some people still got going on is entirely outdated- Hell, borderline stupid. Like, it's an important part of living together, you know? If you're gonna swear to stay faithful to each other, you best make sure that you can actually keep each other satisfied- Can't count on both hands how many times that's messed up a relationship."

"All that said, while your cooking might be amazing, it's not 'jump on his bones' amazing... Besides, if it's really your first time, you probably do want it to be at least a little bit special. Actually, I guess a one time thing in a place like this would probably count, but..."
she says, grinning, but soon raises her hands in a gesture that she knows to stop pushing the "joke" even further.

"So a story swap? Yeah I'd be down for that. Me and my group haven't gone on too many adventures, but I got some stories to share!"
"I'll give you a choice too, yeah? If you tell me about the time you met that Lugia guy, I can tell you about the time we met Diancie or about the time we all got trapped in some sort-of ancient mind prison thing!"

"Alright! So, the story... There was a brief period of time that me and Jack considered ourselves, like, treasure hunters. We visited some of the more exotic isles in the region, notably dangerous ones, too. We were always hoping to find something cool in those largely unexplored places, of course, but mostly it was an excuse for adventure with a stupid trainer... So our adventure one day took us to Windswept isle, where we were planning on trying to trek through windswept canyon... Partly because we've heard there were hydreigon on the island, and Jack really wanted one. We did actually also catch a smaller deino, who he still has today in his big team, but that's not the story."

"Basically, we had heard about how windswept isle is often plagued by storms, and trying to travel through the canyon is incredibly dangerous because of them... But because we were stupid, we took that as large exaggerations... And so we had started out trek deeper in for a little bit over an hour, when a storm picked up out of nowhere. Let me tell you- It's that day when I learned what it feels like to fly... And it's not pleasant if you don't have wings to control it."

"So, being thrashed about, Jack... Had to catch me before I flew off too far, and we basically had to spend a good long time hiding and clinging behind rocks lest we'd end up flying again. Eventually, things calmed down again, but not before Jack got hurt- Broke his leg. So I was sent out to go and try to find help- I mean, I could have carried him and all, but not only were there a couple cliffs we'd have to scale down, I'm only strong enough to carry him, not strong enough to carry him and not hurt him while I do it. Things looked pretty dire for a moment, there- Island was completely uninhabited, so really, I was more hoping to find some friendly pokemon I could try and persuade with food than to find a person... But find a "person" I did."

"Don't rightly recall his name, but even if I did I wouldn't share it anyways. Partly because I don't think he'd would want it, partly because I'm pretty sure it was fake anyways. But he claimed to be a scientist, did look the part, there to research what he referred to as the "Tempest winds"... And was quite insistent on us leaving- Not even the beach was terribly safe once those occurred... But he was a bit more lenient once he discovered someone was injured, and was quick to come over and try to help. We arrived, and he performed some first aid to get Jack back on his feet, help him get back to lower ground... But it was already too late- Another storm was brewing."

"Being completely honest, I was pretty sure our little crew was gonna become a grim reminder that people aren't fucking around when they talk about that place. Entire boulders got ripped up at times with the intensity of those winds. We'd have been goners if our guest wasn't shielding us from the wind, splitting it apart before it could hit us... And when the storm wasn't letting up, turned into this huuuuge bird like creature! And carried us out to safety."

"It was pretty awesome."

"Anyways-"
Fatale, the sub-par storyteller continues, considering her own options "Mind prison and Diancie..? So you've already been to Othello, I'm guessing? Eh- Tell me about Diancie!"

Phoenix

Phoenix returns to the balcony, figuring it's probably easier to drop down another floor, maybe two, and try to find a floor he can sneak back in through... Climbing up would be far more difficult.

Hey, Midas. Why does she want her murdered? Is there any personal reasons that she is hiding from us?

"Glimpsing at her mind, I'd say it's because she believes that she was responsible for the murder of her mother."

"Admittedly, she has no proof of that. She only remembers that her mother was 'messing around' with her grandmothers business, trying to take over some responsibilities, and it was known that the senator didn't take too kindly to it. But there are a couple rather... Nasty things she IS certain of."

"For an example, it appears there used to be a gym leader in this city which was far more... Professional than the current one. He was also responsible for the local power plant. But at a certain point, he came to openly criticize miss Warner- Just over a little week later, the papers published word of a scandal. Apparently, pokemon torture was being used to power the generators of the city, and the leader became the center point of the scandal. Another week later an apology was issued, stating an investigation found no evidence, but it was already too late. Even if it weren't on the fifth page rather than the front, the man's entire career had been ruined."

"It appears miss Warner is a woman of which you do NOT wish to meet her bad side."

Drake

Crowley hits with another bubblebeam, knocking out the mightyena! even though it almost knocks itself out, too...

Next on up is a murkrow.

crowley(19/15) +2 ATT, 1/62
sandile(18/15) recalled
murkrow(16)
houndour(15) recalled
Mightyena(14) KO
Darfel(2) recalled

Izzy

"Why'd I run away? From what, the girl? I dunno, she just seemed kinda...creepy?"

"...you know, I should probably ask what her name is next time. Seems rude not to know."

"Or are you talking about the other thing. Because if you are me, then you should know exactly why I left. Staying there was just....it just wasn't an option, okay."

"I'm not you, stupid. Well... I kinda am, but we're... Different in some respects. I don't know what's the same, and what's different- That's why I'm asking all the questions!"

"Ugh, never mind all that... Let's just move on. You want to earn that idol, right? Well, you claim you'd sacrifice yourself if it means saving some other people... But personally, I kind of doubt it- People always say that, but when the moment comes..."

"So... Would you like to prove it?"

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

The massive bot begins shifting away, more over to the right- As right head and middle head meanwhile fire upon their respective targets... The left head shooting an ice beam at Dusk, dealing 67(43) damage and freezing him! The middle head meanwhile, shoots another kind of laser tri attack at the zoroark, but misses.

Pyre meanwhile, seems pissed- And with no more heatproofed wings to protect it, manages to destroy the right head... As a porygon2 comes flying out! It's looking rather peeved, and somewhat injured already... The machines don't quite shut down, though..!

The zoroark decides to get rid of the hoppip bot before it can pelt anyone else with it's gun. It misses completely.

Adrian meanwhile, almost manages to knock out the left head- It's just barely hanging on!

The final hoppip bot meanwhile, is ready to unleash the super weapon it's been hiding all this time..!

Disengaging and shooting a pebble at Jackie, dealing 29(21) damage and putting him out for comission.

Luna dashes up next to Hopper and the massive bot, and let's out a disarming cry- Dealing some damage to both, but nothing notable.

Bellatrix meanwhile copycats the ice beam- Using it against the left head, and knocking that one out too!

Haley releases Big bird, having it slash through the bot- But the bird ends up whiffing instead.

Hopper spends his turn seeming frustrated that he's losing the battle, but unable to do anything about it as he already acted...

Gwen(30/25) KO
Right head(30/25) KO
Pyre(22/18)
Numa(21) KO
zoroark 1(20) KO
zoroark 2(20) badly injured, burned
Big bird(15)
Tex(18/10) KO
Grunt(18/14) KO
Adrian(16/14)
Jackie(15) ko
Bjorn(14) -11/37
Tank(14/10) recalled
1 voltorb bot(13/11) KO
Luna(12) heavily injured
Haley(10) 31/82
Jumpluff-bot(6) KO
Alex(6) -11/52
Left head(6/5) KO
Hopper-bot(5/7) KO
Willow(4) recalled
Hopper(4/6) injured, paralyzed
Dusk(3) 32/67, frozen
Cushion(2)
High-powered fan pad(S) heavily injured
Heatproofed wings(S) KO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Big bird aerial ace middle head if up or hopper if not. Aerial is auto hit fortunally.
Aeriel ace crith potential [1d20] = 2 dmg [2d8+26] = 11+26 = 37 haley uses super potion on willow.