Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:33 am

:o Welp, Alex does technically have one solitary potion in his bag. But eh. He has to move out of there, or he'll take more damage than he can heal.

You want a condition on the armour plate being destroyed, Burns? If you're expecting that from me I can have Adrian shoot it instead of Slippy using AOE, since it'll be faster and guarantee a hit on that target.

Also, I need to bump up Dynamism on my plan. An extra few points on the initiative tracker would be real nice.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:44 am

Hmm. Adrian is higher initiative. I think it would be worthwhile.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:10 am

So... Recently I decided to buy a pokemon mystery dungeon game, been playing it a bit offhand and getting behind some of the lore of the other games... So I'd just like to take a moment to say that, unless I've read this a long time ago, and it somehow stuck with me subconsciously...

The Bittercold and dark matter are like, pretty much perfect representations of what I want "MissingNo" to be.

(Just linked the most relevant part- If you want to watch the whole twenty minutes for even more context, that's on you.)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Oh, so it's not relevant for this update, but a question I should posit none the less- Do we want pass moves to be allowed diagonal? I don't remember seeing the pdf allow that and pretty much say only horizontally/vertically are allowed, but I personally don't see a reason one couldn't do a diagonal pass attack. (albeit hitting one tile less in total)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 pm

I don't see why not.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Code: Select all

Pass: At any point during a Shift, the user may declare a move with the Pass keyword. Once the Move is declared, the user may move forward only in a straight line, for up to 4 meters, treating foes as Regular Terrain  and moving through any enemies in its path. The user must end in an empty square. The Pass Move attacks all targets in each square it dashes through, but each target may be hit only once. The user must end their Shift at the end of the dash. Shifting as a result of the Pass keyword does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity
Nothing about non-diagonal movement, only straight line in a forward direction. I say yes, but I'm biased as Pass Moves will become a large component of my attack :D
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Yeah, don't see why it wouldn't work.

Well, I guess I wasn't entirely right about healing Alex being a waste. He at least absorbed a couple attacks.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:55 am

+1 for Pass working diagonally. Theoretically it should work in literally any direction, so long as it's a straight line of 4m. It's just hard to figure that out in a grid system.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 am

So I'm in a weird thinky mood mostly because of school situations, and today has basically just been trying to decide whether I'm more interested in why Alex's aura changed or if my sword dancer would actually work.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 am

Oh! Don't I, dusk and the zozoark get AoO for the jumpluff targetting something asides myself with a range attack?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:12 am

I looked at the map and confused myself by trying to work out why a duskull was on there. Took me a while to realise it was dusk since she's a dusclops now. :p
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:13 am

I suppose you would actually, yeah. Feel free to give me the relevant rolls.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:21 am

AOO is a Struggle attack, right?

Dusk AOO: AC=18, Damage=23

I'm terrified that we've unleashed some sort of horror by starting the use of AOOs. Because I'm certainly not attentive enough to pay attention to whether I could be triggering them.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:25 am

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:25 am

I actually had the juffplum bot disengage this round because of that exact reason, but I forgot it was also triggered by shooting a ranged attack at a non-remote enemy... Yeah, that juffplum bot is gonna be KO'd. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:43 am

Freakin sweet. I have two questions, one is what was the fire attack it used last round? I have a picture of it, two: do we now see hopper since the bot was destroyed before it disconnected?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:46 am

That was a flamethrower attack, I believe.

And nope, it wasn't actually hiding in the juffplum bot. It using that one to talk was a CLEVER RUSE.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:54 am

:o The swift hits to the broken parts did Not much. Which means they did something. This thing actually has a combined health pool. :O

Also, I would have thought hitting where the armour was would deal more damage, in that case. Since you said it left the more vulnerable insides exposed. Exchange damaging a functioning part for doing more damage to the boss overall, that kind of thing. Unless the armour actually reduced damage other parts would take. I don't really know what was up with that part. Well, I'd still be trying to nuke down the damage-dealing parts anyway.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:01 am

That would have been a guile check morty. :p also thst means right head is possessed by hopper. At least one less enemy to worry about.

EDIT: In serousness: Alex would have seen where her aura went to. :o

EDIT EDIT: Hey guys! I got a bunch more pictures of tm moves! That means I can teach your pokemon strong tms when I get the chance! Hopefully we can have several days of downtime to do so!

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:09 pm

I take it I should wail on the Porygon2 rather than the middle head?
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Aim for both if possible. Porygon has high sdef so if you do attack it, use a physical attack move. Porygon is more of a threat because it can use uber subsitute.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:54 pm

And by Uber Subsitute, Burns means that it can hide inside a robot and still use its good moves.

Anyway, you could target Hopper, or the 'bots. They'll probably still auto-pilot when Hopper goes down, anyway. I think maybe the 'bots, since you've got fire moves for SE damage?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Potential spoilers for anyone but Koa (once he read his last update) below:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 pm

► Show Spoiler