GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 172)

Post by Nerre » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:13 am

OOC: I take this as "group moves"?

Remedy follows, then helps Asks with the mosquito grass until he slipped through the gap too.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 173)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:25 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 173

Mantagar traipses along the trail, reaching the point where the trail turns to the north.

...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

With a tunnel formed under the lower edge of the large web, the goblins help one another through, taking extra care not to jiggle the web and bring spiders down upon them. They now stand on the other side, facing a dense mass of webbing, again with no easy path visible, but at least they have an intact web behind them to provide protection from the mosquitoes.

Behind them, they can hear insects impact the web and struggle... and a soft rustling in the canopy is followed by a handful of smaller spiders darting out onto the web, where they begin biting and wrapping up mosquitoes. For now, they seem to have no interest in the goblins.

...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Costa hops out of bed, the bit of parchment falling to the ground at his feet. Everything seems to be real, he doesn't get the sense that he's still in the dream world. His sword seems to still be wrapped tightly in the linens, and he can still hear her muffled screams.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
HP: 5/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4
DEF: 3/3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP:5/5
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3 (% chance for burn damage)
DEF: 4 (75% for additional +1)

Mudhoney Blessing: Slight Blink: can be activated once per adventure, for 10 consecutive rounds, has a 10% chance for attacks by and against to miss.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
DEF: 2 (75% for +1)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:06 pm

"Let's go" Remedy says and continues down the path if the group does without derping into the net.
Last edited by Nerre on Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:24 pm

((She's gonna derp right into web, btw.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:22 am

"Keep on cutting our way through.."

Steals turns around to look at the remaining swarm as the other continues to cut (or not)

"I think we might be able to extinguish the grass if we go a bit further.. The swarm should be thin enough for us to handle then.. Then we only have to worry about spiders.

If the others have made a passage way through the web, Steals will carefully go through it.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:58 pm

"Good idea. Save some for later."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 174)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:48 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 174

Mantagar continues along the trail, heading northward.

Remedy and Steals discuss strategy, and are ready to move on, but without a way through the web at current, they hold off.

Mines continues holding the smoldering braid but gently reminds the others that it is beginning to burn out, as some mosquitoes have flown up and over the large web and are homing in on the party once again.

The small spiders finish wrapping their prey and cut it free from the web and begin moving up alongside the trail through the canopy. A few more smallish spiders arrive and begin bundling up other mosquitoes.

Costa gets light headed from jumping up so fast and has to sit back down on the bed, his foot resting on the piece of parchment.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Mudhoney Blessing: Slight Blink: can be activated once per adventure, for 10 consecutive rounds, has a 10% chance for attacks by and against to miss.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:59 pm

((Shit, sorry Spider, I made an update but its not here, I must have failed to hit submit or something.))

Leaves looks around on the floor for a stick or some more branches. With a stick (or his dagger if lack thereof) he shuffles back to the entranceway and marks an arrow into the web tunnel to show where they've gone. Rejoining the others, if he has found a branch he will try propping up the web in front of him again, otherwise he will cut the web closest to the ground to allow them a chance to shimmy under while still having a canopy above as some protection from the mosquitoes.

EDIT: if they can get under some coverage from the web, he advises Mines to extinguish the braid with some dirt to save it for later.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:02 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:44 am

ooc: sorry, thought we already were past the web, at least on ground level.

Remedy will help with getting more branches and twigs to continue building a goblin sized tunnel under the webs without damaging them.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:11 am

costa picks up the parchemnt and reads it
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:11 am

Steals will follow the others through the path they make
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Remedy will also try to throw some dirt against sticky looking strands that get in the way to stop them from being sticky.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 175

Mantagar arrives at the section of trail where the goblin party had encountered the first of the webbing, seeing before him a series of webs clearly marked by the still struggling mosquitoes a few of which had been dispatched by the goblins on their way through. On the ground is the image of a spider draw in dirt.

"Leaves? Mines?All? Steals? Remedy?"

The minotaur starts out in a hushed whisper... for him, but is soon shouting quite loudly, having found evidence his friends had gone this way, but not clear whether they slipped through or had been taken by spiders.

He pulls out one of his axes and begins hacking at the first web. It drops to the side, carrying its cargo of trapped mosquitoes with it.

Mantagar's Map

Remedy helps Leaves carve a small tunnel through the lower edge of the web, propping up his cuts and dusting the web as best she can as the silent goblin inches up the trail on his back, reaching up above him to *snik* free strands of silk. A bit of webbing sticks to her ear and she almost panics, but is calmed by his hand on her arm as he reaches out to cut her free.

Mines maintains coverage with the smoke as best he can, while All stands guard, ready to clobber insect or arachnid should either get too close.

Steals stands ready to charge in, sword swinging if needed, but as the tunnelers get farther along, he ducks in and begins following them, leaving Mines and All covering the rearguard. The healer figures that if he wants to make it through the tunnel without igniting the entire web, he'll need to snuff his torch first.

[[The first three have moved to the next area, while Mines and All are still in the current one... for... reasons.]]

Leaves Remedy, and Steals see that the webbing only gets more dense ahead, it doesn't even seem that they can get to an area they can stand, there is silk crisscrossing the entire path. On the plus side, there is absolutely no way that mosquitoes could get them, though if spiders descend on the webs, they are likely ill positioned to defend themselves while in a crawling position.

Back where the healer and ranger wait to hear from the rest of their group, they hear a sound coming from behind them, almost drowned out by the humming of the mosquitoes.

"Leaves? Mines?All? Steals? Remedy?"

Costa scoops up the piece of parchment and reads the following:
Kosta, frend. You fell and bumt your head, hope yoor better now. Stay put, lots of blood suckers out, look after the pup, I will look after the others.
If you can, there are some things I will need for Bloodsong. Follow the trail out the far side of the clearing. At the stream is lots of clay, we will need about half your weight. The plant with bright yellow leaves, we will need a bowlful of the leaves. Oh, the sap eats through flesh, so be careful. I will see you when I get back. M.I.
He looks up and sees where a bucket, bowl and short knife have been placed on the workbench. The pup comes trotting in, and seeing the goblin awake, dashes and tackles him onto the bed, licking his face.

► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:47 pm

All cups her hand to her ear and realises she can hear Mantagar yelling. "Hey, it's Mantagar, he's caught up!"

She shouts back down the path. "We're in here!" We made a tunnel, can you fit in?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 175)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:52 pm

Hearing her shout, the minotaur considers bullrushing through the web... it might be tough, but surely not enough to hinder him...

"All? There's lots of web, and no way through that's minotaur sized! I'm coming!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Leaves looks at all the web criss-crossing the path ahead, and hearing All call out to Mantagars, gestures that they should head back. When he shuffles back to where Mines and All are, he mimes that the web ahead is mostly impenetrable, and for Mines to extinguish his torch in the dirt. Once all goblins are out of the web, Leaves makes some cuts in a patch of web heading back towards Mantagar's direction, grabs a branch and then twirls it in the web, hoping to wrap it up around the branch like a stick of candyfloss.

((I suggest we all do this. It can be used as a weapon to entrap mosquitoes to feed to spiders, it clears the web from our path, and it also gives us a means of carrying it if we want to take it back to the trader.))
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:03 pm

hey there little buddy wanna tag along costa asks as he pets the pup and takes the gear, taking one quick peek around to see if he missed anything, he heads outside walking towards the river
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:03 am

"NO! TRY TO GET AROUND MANTAGAR! So far the webs keep the mosquitos at bay, don't destroy them!" Remedy shouts, fearing what might happen if Mantagar would just storm into the webs. They might come down on not only him, but also on the goblins.

Remedy looks for a way out of the web that is not going back. Maybe they can find a route to slip sideways into the forest and walk along the web instead of working their way through. That way they would still be able to use it against mosquitos if they would get swarmed.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:22 am

Steals sighs as the others decides to go back, but follows along as to not be swarmed by spiders.

"I think it might be possible to go forward and have the web block the mosquitos, but we have to take down the web hoping that the barrier will stay behind. We'll also get surplus silk we could sell for the trader.. The most dangerous thing would be the first moments before we have cleared out some space so we can stand properly. We have to do that quickly so when the spiders come, we can fight back in full force rather than covering below the web. Leaves seems to have a good way to take down some web and collect it for later. We could also try to take down the current mosquito swarm though it's a very risky move even when all of us are together with the current swarm."

He'll then pick up a couple of branches and stow away his sword as to not accidently turn the web into an inferno.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:45 am

Remedy looks to either side, it's pretty dense, the only clear path is backwards... once Steals moves, she can follow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 176)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 176

Mantagar, hearing All calling to him, hacks through the couple of mosquito laden webs before him and pushes forward.

"How far ar... oh, there you are!"

He grins as he spots All and Mines within their own cloud of smoke.

"Glad the grass is working for you, I've not seen them this thick in a while."

Steals backs out of the silk tunnel back into the cloud of smoke from the braid Mines is holding. He steps out of the way to let the others retreat as well, and manages to find a rather nice stick to replace his Burning Blade for the time being.

Remedy presumably backs up after not finding a way to go to either side rather than sitting there like a lump and blocking Leaves from backing out of the silken tunnel.

For a moment she thought she was able to read minds, but the odd feeling passes.

Leaves finishes backing out and attempts to tell the others that the way through is impenetrable before getting to work with his blade and a old dry rotted stick to twist up some of the web and enlarge the passage for the minotaur. At the shaking of the web, the small handful of spiders working on wrapping up mosquitoes pause and turn towards him... for a long moment it seems as if they are just looking at him and considering what to do with him. Then one of them leaves its silken bundle and begins heading back up the the trail through the canopy to one side. The other spiders follow suite and soon the web is free of any arachnids. Where they are going none of the goblins can say for sure.

Costa grabs the bucket, bowl and short knife and urges the pup to follow. He can't say that he missed anything, there are lots of other items in the minotaur's home, but everything else seems about as it did when they visited him earlier. He hopes the tools he has will be sufficient for collecting the necessary items, and heads towards the trail, reaching the rust and metal ring that surrounds the clearing, the pup bounding through the grass and occasionally nipping at his heels.

► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
HP:4/4
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:48 am

Steals looks at the braid in Mines hand and frowns as it burns away.

"Hey Mantagar, I hope you have more of that mosquito grass, because we are going to need it you are coming with us and Mines is about to burn the last of it. The path ahead of us is filled with the web. Everyone except Mantagar could crawl in and be safe from potential mosquito attacks, but our mobility is limited and we would just be food for the spiders potentially. We could try to get far enough in and quickly remove as much web as possible so that we can stand up and fight. Hopefully the web won't collapse down on us and it still functions as a barrier against the swarm. Alternatively we start removing web now and continue on forcefully. But first priority is going to get rid of that damn swarm following us around."

Steals waits for the others decision/vote
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:19 am

"Oh... This is the last of what I have... It looks like most of them are stuck, we should be able to fight off what's left? "
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:23 am

"Well, everyone get your weapons out then. Does anyone need healing?"