The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:33 am

The group rummage around the tower for ten minutes or so, and try to decide how best to disguise it but Varsk at least doesn't have any particularly revolutionary ideas for how to do it.

Perception checks please!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:37 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:02 am

Per: 1d20+1 = [4]+1 = 5

Mehr, after the stress of keeping alert while moving quietly, is completely unfocused.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:23 am

Gwen tries to think of something to hide the ruins in without being too obvious. Surv, per: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 am

A rare moment of clarity hits Merric and he's surprisingly perceptive.

Merric perception: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 am

((Are there any large leaved tropical plants around?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 am

Sure, why not :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 am

"Hey, can we make a roof out of those?"

I point at a nearby plant with large, water shedding leaves leaves.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:45 am

Extra? Perception check, yep still 9.

Varsk continues to find nothing but will go out and grab a bunch of big leaves Korrik points out to use as cover for the hole.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 am

Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Rodgeir wrote:"Says the madman who didn't explain why and how he was out here."
"I didn't? I guess I forgot to when I suddenly got violated by nature. My old life is gone in favor of serving the true god after he blessed me with his amazing radiance. I'm still not sure where the true god wants me to go or what is sought, but I've been getting closer to it."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 pm

"That's still on the table if you start that touchy-feely crap again," Syli growls in response as she glances around the ruins.

Perception (+5): 15

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:42 am

Varsk chuckles at Syli's comment while he tries to figure out a way to arrange the leaves in a natural way that blocks the rain without making lizardfolk go 'Hey look, someone is in the collapsed tower! We should kill them.'

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Mehriv and Varsk are far too focussed on camping to hear the faint sounds of footsteps crashing through the underbrush a few dozen metres to the north of you.

Fortunately, the others are paying more attention, and even through the heavy rain, you can hear a female voice loudly accompanying the crashing with a lot of swearing swearing. It doesn't sound like she's coming directly towards you, but she's making an awful lot of noise...

"Shitshitshitshitshitshit!!!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:40 pm

"Guys, do you hear that? There's someone out here and sounds like she needs help.
I don't know how long it will be before something catches up to her."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:03 pm

"May be our goal. We can't pass on this." Aware of the danger, but unable to risk letting their rescue objective get caught, or worse, Mehr calls out into the rain, "Angle this way! This way!" Knowing that his appearance may be misconstrued as that of the lizardfolk for a person in distress, Mehr moves into what little shelter they have, "Everyone on guard. Move her to safety and prepare to face her pursuers. Once she's in place so she won't bolt at sight of me I'll join you preparing to fight."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:11 pm

As Mehr makes a heck of a lot of noise, I dip out into the underbrush, looking and listening for the woman and whatever may be pursuing her.

Stealth: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
Perception: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Kal sneaks around towards her, hoping to get a look before he's spotted. Just like Mom taught him.

Stealth: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:28 pm

I spot Kal sneaking around to the side. Not bad for a tall guy in armor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 am

Varsk looks up from his patching work and sees everyone scrambling around after hearing the voice and yelling back to her. He notices that several people seem to have disappeared or are trying to hide. He wonders if they really want the first person this woman runs into be him. He also considers what might be running in behind her more quietly. Glancing around while most everyone is focused on the voice he moves very smoothly into the lengthening shadows of the surroundings, working his way around the tower area in cover so he will be directly to the left from where he expects the person belonging the voice to come out.

He then waits silently for the trouble that is certainly coming with, or just behind, the voice.

Stealth: 23

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:54 am

Merric grabs his bowl of water and pour it over himself, but instead of just getting soaked by it, it seems to create a layer of ice around him (casting armor of Agathys). He'll then sneak closer to the girl, trying to intercept where she's going. While doing so, he'll reach out to her with his mind.

"Worry not, there's safety from the scaled ones in the ruins. Just go [our direction] and you'll be safe, the halflings will protect you."

Merric stealth: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:56 am

Syli raises an eyebrow at everyone suddenly shouting and giving away their position. An eyebrow that goes even higher when nearly everyone proceeds to disappear or hide. "...so, what, she shows up, everyone just jumps outta the bush, goes 'booga booga booga'? That's the plan here?"

Syli sighs. "Well, guess I get to play welcoming committee." Trying to put on a (slightly forced) smile, she finds some ruined stonework to stand behind, to give her a bit of cover in case things go horribly wrong.

((If she got some arrows with her shiny new bow, she'll draw that as well)).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:46 am

((well this could get interesting! :lol: ))

After the hours spent creeping quietly through the forest trying to avoid detection, Mehriv's shouts through the rain unsettle at least some of the rest of the party. The crashing pauses for a moment, and then the woman seems to change direction and heads towards you, shouting as she comes:

"Who's there? Help! Help me! Please! Where are you?"

The rest of the party scatter, hiding themselves as best they can in the mud and pouring rain. Merric takes the opportunity to get even wetter, muttering as he quietly collects rainwater in his small bowl and carefully pours it over his head.

A lizardfolk horn blasts a long call through the trees to just to the west, and is answered by another just a little way to the north west (in the direction that the woman is coming from).

"What ruins? Where are you!?"

Syli grits her teeth and steps up behind a broken bit of wall near Mehriv, wishing she had some arrows to use with her new bow.

A few seconds later, a mud-covered, soaking wet human woman bursts out of the trees, stumbling over the stones and tree roots and gasping for breath. She is about 20 feet away from where Merric is hidden. At about the same time, an arrow bounces off a stone at her feet, and you hear shouting lizardfolk voices close behind her and close by to the west. It's muffled by the heavy rain, but anyone with a passive perception of 13+ (and Korrik since he was actively paying attention) hears:
► Show Spoiler
Merric hears a scream of terror from the bird in the spiderweb as the spider bites it.

Initiative please!

((I'll see what I can do about getting you guys a battle map))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:55 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 pm