The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:09 am

Mehr takes the extended hand, "I expect it to be dangerous. Though the Morleys would maintain their territory, these lizardmen seem to be reaching all places."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:19 am

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Tired after her long day, Gwen is the first to turn in, hanging a hammock between two beams in the mid-deck level and slumping unceremoniously into it. One by one, the others follow suit.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
The next morning dawns bright and hot as you begin your journey away from Hightown and upriver into the wilds.

The day is yours! How would you like to spend the first day of your trip?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Mehr spends his time practicing his sorcery, carefully plucking at the mental threads of energy he twines into spells, working as he does in times of inactivity to develop his understanding of his power, seeking partly to understand how the writhing energies can be turned to new focuses, but more to gain an understanding of how he can subdue the chaotic powers he sometimes unleashes.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Gwen groans as she wakes up, rubbing her head. She stays on the ground for a little while before getting up, the others probably notice her on the wooden floor rather than the hammock before she starts to get up. She's not sure what the last part of her nightmare was about, but it sounded...familiar. She mutters something under her breath as she gets breakfast and hopefully some coffee.

She briefly talks to others, but only if they talk to her first wanting some peace and quiet as her head is throbbing and trying to figure things out. After a few minuites her headache not going away she brings out her book and decides to read it so that she doesn't get too bored and to hopefully ease the pain after resting. After she feels better she goes to try to find Merhiv, seeing that he is practicing she asks him "Hey, I was wondering if...I can join you? I need to find a way to be ...less dangerous with magic."
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edits

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Kal will ask around if anyone knows anything about that hill to the east. He will also ask the captain if there is anything he can do to help run or maintain the ship. He'll take part in sparring practice if asked. He'll help Korrik with the new shirt. If there's time and material, he'll spend some time practicing with his wood or leather tools.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:24 pm

"Of course you may participate. Seeking to better oneself is always admirable, but there is little I can do to aid you. My magic is of a different sort."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:15 pm

I gladly accept Kal's help with mending my shirt.

"Feel like a bit of exercise after this? I'm not used to being an official passenger, I find it... boring."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:29 pm

"Sure. What do you have in mind? I could do with some sparring practice if we're heading into hostile territory."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:33 pm

When Gwen goes to practice she pulls up minor illusions, using them as targets. She sets one up far away as possible in the air as to not actually hurt anything as she fires eldrich blasts upon them, the illusion fades as the blasts soar through them. After a couple hours she shakes her head. "Yea this is not going to work.
I...I'm going to...go now."
Her mannerisms make her seem uneasy as she leaves. Gwen goes down to a private area on the ship, trying to make sure she is not heard or followed before she brings out her her book and starts muttering some sort of incantation in an ancient alien tongue.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:27 pm

"Sparring works for me!"

I hop down, move to a clear section of deck and spin my quarterstaff with a grin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:32 pm

((Do you want to roll dice?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:46 pm

((I'm open to whatever you and Wears would prefer, though I wouldn't mind rolling some combat dice. The only attack I've made so far was on a pigeon. Guess I should be glad you're not advancing levels on combat XP alone!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:57 pm

((I'm okay with rolling dice. A little tedious on mobile, but doable. Maybe just a few sample rounds rather than rolling for every 6 seconds?))

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:05 pm

((Sure, go ahead. Since it's sparring, none of the hits will do any damage, since you'll presumably be tempering your strikes to using just the flat of the blade / stopping short of doing any real damage. You guys go ahead and start - I'll keep an eye and narrate anything you guys don't do yourselves, but have at it :) ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:08 pm

I extend a hand and give a "c'mon" motion, grinning so Kal knows the taunt isn't maliciously intended.

((I'd like to Dodge and then just wait for Kal to make the first attack to give him disadvantage on his attack.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Kal nods, smiling, gets out his axe, and readies himself. When he sees Korrik is ready, he takes a one-handed swing at him.
1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 pm

As the axe comes in, I sidestep, spinning my staff as I turn, bringing it down across the half-elf's shoulders.

Quarterstaff: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23

Using the momentum, I kick out at his knee, but don't time it quite right and he's able to jerk back in time.

Unarmed: Kick: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:47 pm

"Well struck! That's a technique I never encountered at home."

Kal takes the hit in good spirits and swings again with a one-armed backhand.

1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

"As you can see, I can do with the practice..."

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:52 pm

"Better me than a-" *thwak*

Quarterstaff: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

"-lizardfolk!"

Unarmed: Palm strike: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

I grin as I circle around Kal again, managing to connect again with a smack to the thigh with the quarterstaff, but missing on an open palm headed for his abdomen.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:00 pm

"Indeed! Though hopefully they're not as fast as you, my friend."

1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8

... I am not rolling well. Good thing it's just sparring. (But am I supposed to have disadvantage at any point?)

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:14 pm

((I was only Dodging on your first attack, but since it didn't hit, disadvantage didn't matter. On each of my turns, I've been using my action to attack, I can't use my bonus action to Dodge until I unlock ki.))

"I hope not! I'm just a little guy,-"

Quarterstaff: Swing at the arm: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

"-I have to be quick!"

Unarmed: Backhand: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

The paladin manages to duck out of the way of my staff, but I catch him with a backhand that thumps against him as I circle once him again.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Varsk carefully rolls out of his hammock and joins the crew for breakfast (assuming there is one, otherwise he eats some dry rations from his pack and water).

While eating he watches the sparring session closely before going to to Riana and asking her what she knows about the road/terrain from Lover's Pass to the Morley territory.

Otherwise he will stay out of the sun and try to find a spot with a breeze watching the shore and scanning the near horizon. Having not really been outside a city much he isn't sure what to look for...
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:38 pm

"In these wilds, we must all be fast. And alert."

1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:28 am

I open my eyes, and find my face is pressed against wooden planking... how did I get down here? With a groan, I roll to my back and sit up to get my bearings, my vision still swimming.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler