The Planescape of the Wind, and The Wise Man's Torment

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

The Planescape of the Wind, and The Wise Man's Torment

Post by Liesmith » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 pm

For fans of Planescape: Torment and/or The Kingkiller Chronicle, you may want to be aware of this:

A new Torment game, made by much of the same team from the original, including Brian Fargo. They've already exceeded their original donation goal, but if they make it up to 3.25 million dollars, they'll get Pat Rothfuss on the design team. I believe I speak for the entire internet when I say that this is something that should happen immediately.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

ThroughTheWell

Re: The Planescape of the Wind, and The Wise Man's Torment

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:23 am

Off the top of my head, I'd say Pat on an extra project is a bad thing. It would delay book 3, or it would delay this game, or both. Pat is not known for speed.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm

I don't think it would delay book 3 much, since it's due out next year (or 2025, if you listen to Pat himself) and it's already written. I don't mind if it delays the game, because I've already waited forever and a day for it, and I'm willing to wait even longer to begin writing my Kvothe/Fallout fanfiction.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Well, Pat on his blog seems to think that fun = faster work. If so, good for all of us.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.