April 26th 2013 - Its Better To.

Discuss the comic here!
MapsGroxily
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: April 26th 2013 - Its Better To.

Post by MapsGroxily » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Marnath wrote:
Mithcoriel wrote:For the past couple of updates I kept thinking: "It can't get any worse now. Oh wait it just did! But it can't get any worse now. Oh wait it just did!"
First Forgath's mace destroyed so they can't fight back, the keys destroyed so they can't win, and now Kin badly injured.

Who do you guys think is more dangerous, Psimax or Kore?
Psimax, obviously. He could just make Kore's weapons go splish. There's really nothing that Kore could do to him.
Unless Kore's armor is impervious to the splish's. I wouldn't put it past him, I mean he can take out entire ARMIES, surely he has gone against a Psion at least once?

Croabadrake
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Croabadrake » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:40 pm

My headcanon until the updates past this prove otherwise:
Forgath kills PsiMax, and killing such a high-level character gives him enough XP to rise straight to 13th level, allowing him to quickly use Regenerate on Kin to save her and her tail.

...this is, of course, more or less just my own personal fantasy to sustain me until the events are over.

Kennerly
Mutters to Themself

Post by Kennerly » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Meanwhile Herbert is explaining to whoever is playing Minmax that he can't possible know what happened to Kin!

silverblob5
Remains Silent

Post by silverblob5 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Finally signed up to post this:

There is still a solution: throw Psimax into the winners' circle. He "wins", the maze and all it's remaining occupants (including Kin) are reset, and without the threat of oblivion, the maze functions as it was meant to and 'our' reality eventually wins normally and exits.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Well... I dislike being proven right on that panel that Thunt said he was concerned over. (Those in the chat will remember me making reference to the last Kin who tried to use her tail as a weapon against PsiMax. :'( )

I'm thinking this might be the reason the FAQ page has reference to Thunt stating that resurrection is possible, but really hard. I do find it hard to see MinMax decide to go after Names at this point, though. Not unless that's the way he'll cope with things.

Also... MinMax is certainly seeing Kin now. :(

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 pm

On another note: I was wondering why the Prince-Adam-MinMax (hereafter known as PrinceMax) didn't turn into HeMax during the tower battle as it would have served him better. Then I looked closer and it appears that PrinceMax has lost his Sword of Grayskull somewhere in the maze and is therefore unable to transform into HeMax.

I'm just waiting on the alternate universe where MinMax is a superhuman realtor so we can have Re/Max.

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POST:
silverblob5 wrote:Finally signed up to post this:

There is still a solution: throw Psimax into the winners' circle. He "wins", the maze and all it's remaining occupants (including Kin) are reset, and without the threat of oblivion, the maze functions as it was meant to and 'our' reality eventually wins normally and exits.
But then we have to sit through another year or two of FMK in the Maze without any of the suspense that PsyMax provides. Me no want.
Last edited by BeanDip on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Kennerly wrote:Meanwhile Herbert is explaining to whoever is playing Minmax that he can't possible know what happened to Kin!
Heh.

By the way, if they manage to get out of the maze, they will be "unharmed", right? So it's just a rush to the (bitter) end...
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:04 pm

I like that idea.

In either case... wow. Kin is not looking good. Not in the negatives HP-wise, but that must have done a lot of damage. We know Minmax took Extra Rage as a feat (IIRC), and I think it's the only way he'll find a way to break through the ceiling and bumrush Psimax before he has a chance to fade to vapor.

Something else occurred to me. Mercy killing if Psimax is slain and Kin is dying (especially if they can't get to the river or heal her with the Anymug's cup of potion). Minmax pulls a Saves-A-Fox and mercykills, Forgath goes "For the love of Herbert..." and the two argue and end up parting ways as enemies.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:

I like that idea.

In either case... wow. Kin is not looking good. Not in the negatives HP-wise, but that must have done a lot of damage. We know Minmax took Extra Rage as a feat (IIRC), and I think it's the only way he'll find a way to break through the ceiling and bumrush Psimax before he has a chance to fade to vapor.

Something else occurred to me. Mercy killing if Psimax is slain and Kin is dying (especially if they can't get to the river or heal her with the Anymug's cup of potion). Minmax pulls a Saves-A-Fox and mercykills, Forgath goes "For the love of Herbert..." and the two argue and end up parting ways as enemies.
Flip that. Forgath may mercy kill kin right as minmax breaks into the room. They would def be enemies then.

Byzantine2
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Byzantine2 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Wouldn't throwing him into an oblivion portal undo that harm he jut caused Kin?

Kroottastic
Remains Silent

Post by Kroottastic » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:41 pm

So. I have a feeling. To win this fight... They might some how force Psymax to win the maze. I am not sure how at this point. But it just feels right. Force him to win, reset the maze. And continue on like this horrible encounter never happened.

Only just saw the idea was suggest above! I was slow on the draw.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Byzantine2 wrote:Wouldn't throwing him into an oblivion portal undo that harm he jut caused Kin?
The Oblivion-Lite(tm) holes don't work that way. It'd be more like erasing him from the drawn panels without redrawing anything else. In Thunt's blog about them he said if you threw your mother into one you'd still exist, you'd just never have had a mother.

CheeseToastofDeath
Wins a Fan Art Contest
UStream Username: CheeseToastofDeath

Post by CheeseToastofDeath » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:46 pm

When Thunt mentioned he was afraid to draw that panel, and it was after showing Kin attacking Psimax, I suspected what would happen. The timing of the feed cutting out is almost too perfect...
Now, I admit I'm not clear on the mechanics of healing potions, but I'm pretty sure she's got a bunch of additional organs in her tail, which are now gone. I think healing potion works as though the body's healing processes were applied on an injury at hyper-accelerated speed, explaining why it can't regenerate anything. Giving her the healing potion would stop the bleeding, but she'd die soon anyway. The only hope is either that Psimax didn't do as much damage as it looks like he did, and she's 'merely' crippled forever, or that the Maze has a regeneration item of some sort in the treasure room. Also nagging in my mind is a third, weird option. Suppose Kin knows about a really powerful good aligned Cleric, and teleports herself there to get regenerated?
Last edited by CheeseToastofDeath on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earthen
Pipes Up Sometimes
UStream Username: Earthen_

Post by Earthen » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:48 pm

DrinksTooMuchCoffee is correct. See the following link for Thunt's explanation of oblivion holes:
http://www.goblinscomic.com/oblivion-holes-explained/

Also, I love the fact that so many of us posting on this thread have the "Remains Silent" title. This strip has gotten even the quiet ones talking.
Last edited by Earthen on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all mad here.

LordsBreed
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: LordsBreed

Post by LordsBreed » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:48 pm

That was touched on in another forum, for the last update I think?

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:54 pm

The snake monster may finally die. But the seeds of evil have already been placed in the human and dwarf and they will need to die too.

Likesblue
Remains Silent

Post by Likesblue » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:00 pm

I wonder if Minmax will find his way up there and be the only one left alive. Teleporting to the only person he can think of, Names. Maybe he'll take his rage out on Kore or something. :(
IÔÇÖm guessing the original duo will make it out. SO MANY OPTIONS!!!!!

Also, I don't know if the healing potion will help Kin much. Snakes (and I know she's not just a snake) have organs running down the length of their body. So depending on how "snake like" she is, she's just lost at lest her genital and anus. Maybe even some colon.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:18 pm

I am traumatized now. :(

WhichWayDidHeGo
Mutters to Themself

Post by WhichWayDidHeGo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:26 pm

To preserve my sanity and peace of mind, Goblins will now be moved to my "Comics to Check Every Six Months" file. Not an insult to Thunt, said file includes Lackadaisy.

Actually, that's two files labelled "January 1" and "July 1". See y'all then.

:'( :x :paranoia:
"O Heracles! The valor of man is vanquished!"
- Archidamus son of Agesilaus, King of Sparta, when @ 350 B.C. he first saw a catapult shot

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Hmm...considering that a typical goblin's life sucks and then ends violently, it would be appropriate for everyone in the comic to suffer similarly.

I didn't initially mean that seriously, but now I'm having trouble pulling out a happy ending for anyone. Oh well, I'll just be even more happy when they do. :)

kijihir
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by kijihir » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Just to warn you, the text in the spoiler is a wee bit ranty, so please forgive.
► Show Spoiler
I predict a very sad lunch tomorrow with my Goblins-loving friends....
Last edited by kijihir on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Orangebottle
Remains Silent

Post by Orangebottle » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Guys.
Guys, Kin will be fine.
I registered just to say this.

"I just drank some and it healed all of my wounds."

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:

I like that idea.

That was his last rage off the day he just finished burning through. And he's still in the middle of a huge melee. However, he's still a barbarian, and if there's one thing I know about them it's that once they decide to do something they do it. i still have no idea how he's going to make it through the battle and to the finish room, but I'm sure he will. That being said, I'm positive that "I see you" is going to be a heartbreakingly sad moment,, rather than the heartwarming one we all assumed...

EDIT FOR ORANGEBOTTLE:
Aye, healthpotions in the Thuntverse DO heal all wounds, but that's more in the sense of restoring hitpoints. Not regrowing lost limbs or mending bones.
Last edited by Orga the Strange on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Page three of the thread, and no one has questioned how Minmax is able to sense that Kin is in mortal danger? Did I miss something out are you all just still dealing with what happened to Kin?

Oh, and yes, Trex, Psimax basically was about to rape her. That's the word I was avoiding in the thread about the last page. It's why the last page left me in shock. Given all she's been through (and the fact that Psimax almost certainly knows her history), grabbing that leash in order to force her compliance is tantamount to rape, even if it's not actually a sexual act. He is forcibly taking control of her mind and body, and he's using the same mechanism to do it as Goblinslayer used to rape her.

I was really liking this page. The connection to the axe and the rope (which I guess should have tipped me off), the acknowledgement that this was rape, the mirroring of the page where Psimax was introduced, Kin managing to turn the tables. That would have been really satisfying.

But this. I don't know what to say or where this is going.

As others have said, the maze could reset, but that doesn't seem like Thunt's way. They don't know about the Orb of Bloodlight, so that's not likely.

I guess we'll have to see. I trust Thunt to make this work. To make it a satisfying story. But "dark" barely begins to describe this scene.

Wow.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Hyuuint
Remains Silent

Post by Hyuuint » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Gahhhhh, whole heartedly agreed twice over with the folks who are getting a depressed feel from all this. I know, I know, not the style of he comic so far, but I sure As hell hope SOMETHING happens to make all this a little right, ya know?

Further sucks that I am one of many who finds kin as one of the better chars. My reason: she is smart but not with a superiority complex, nor (at times) an inferiority complex either. (I know, sounds oxymoronic, but can personally attest to such a predicament)

Also, to the post above, I think the wounds there were a little superficial compared to half a body being demi-obliterated :'(

Edit: I hate typing on a phone sometimes.