Tempts Fate 11 (update 27 December!)

Discuss the comic here!
Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Tempts Fate 11 (update 27 December!)

Post by Kelten » Sat May 04, 2013 10:46 am

I know that thunt hasfinished this some time ago, but i never got to se the ending, escaping hell. Dose anyone have a link to it?
Yah, the name of the latest update made me remember ;-)

http://www.goblinscomic.com/tempts-fate-11/

edit:
ThroughTheWell wrote:New comic up today and a blog post that promisies some plotish sketches to lead to the final colored TF 11 page. Cool. I hope it works.
http://www.goblinscomic.com/the-search-for-tempts-fate/
http://www.goblinscomic.com/05172013/
Last edited by Kelten on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Click here if you want to beat me up!

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Tempts Fate 11

Post by WearsHats » Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 am

We discussed Tempts in this thread. There are links there to the pages that were posted. But no, the final page (escaping Hell) was never posted. Thunt said he'll get to it. But he's got his hands full trying to keep the comic up to date, preparing for the card game Kickstarter, and whatever else is happening in his personal/family life.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat May 04, 2013 11:06 am

Ok! that explains how I missed it :-p

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Sat May 04, 2013 11:55 am

Tempts Fate=Monster. He spread seeds of evil, and brutally treats humans and blue teddy bears. I suggest you all ask Thunt to replace him with a human hero who eliminates monsters, such as Psi max. Let Tempts fate die rather than escape!

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat May 04, 2013 3:53 pm

But he is our monster, we did pay for him to survive ;-)

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat May 04, 2013 4:06 pm

I know that overpowered characters are bad for me, but it's just so satisfying watching someone face difficult obstacles and steamroller them, especially in contrast to the main storyline.

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Mon May 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Tempts fate made a deal with an evil eye. Infernal seed of pure evil is now a part of him and will be his doom. If you support tempts fate, you support your own doom as well.

LurksQuietly
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by LurksQuietly » Tue May 07, 2013 4:17 am

Kore wrote:Tempts fate made a deal with an evil eye. Infernal seed of pure evil is now a part of him and will be his doom. If you support tempts fate, you support your own doom as well.
Kore, buddy... You're thinking about this all wrong. See, by HELPING support the success of Tempts Fate, we bring him (and all the goblins) closer to his inevitable doom at your hands. We're just trying to help you further your work, that's all!

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 am

Glemp wrote:I know that overpowered characters are bad for me, but it's just so satisfying watching someone face difficult obstacles and steamroller them, especially in contrast to the main storyline.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly my stance on the matter.
Kore wrote:
EVERYONE OUT OF THE THREAD RIGHT NOW

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 am

I've been trying to figure out is forum Kore is amusing or creepy. I can't quite decide. :shrug:
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed May 08, 2013 6:42 am

Sam, you forgot annoying....

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Wed May 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Tempts Fate 11... The Ending

Psi Max: "I am here to help you escape."
Tempts Fate: "Really? Thanks. What do I do?"
Psi Max: "Just jump into this hole I made and you will get out of hell".
Tempts Fate: "Ok, thank you."

Tempts Fate jumps into oblivion hole. The end.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Well, at thesame time Thunt should remove all references to Tempts from his site and forum(s)...

wonderdrow prposed something similar:
wonderdrow wrote:
► Show Spoiler
The answer is "no", then we continue as you proposed....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

lucretiaaos
Remains Silent

Post by lucretiaaos » Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 pm

I have to say, I LOVE this comic but it has, by far, the worst update time on any comic I read. Including comics with more updates. I find it hard to believe that other comic writers aren't just as busy. I mean, seriously, it's been OVER A YEAR since Tempts Fate 11 ended. If I were one of those who had made a large donation, I would be PISSED. Even the general comic is usually days late which I don't understand. Dude, if you can't keep up, drop it to once a week. I'd rather hand that then spend 2 days looking for a comic that isn't there yet.

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Wed May 15, 2013 4:46 pm

WearsHats wrote:We discussed Tempts in this thread. There are links there to the pages that were posted. But no, the final page (escaping Hell) was never posted. Thunt said he'll get to it. But he's got his hands full trying to keep the comic up to date, preparing for the card game Kickstarter, and whatever else is happening in his personal/family life.
At some point though that stops being a valid excuse. After a year and a half if you can't find time to even post the part of the project you have finished to your website, you need to admit to the people who paid for it that it's never going to get done. I'm not trying to bash Thunt, but you have to admit it's not a great way to inspire people to buy things from you.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 am

Oh, those that made larger donations got original art, i doubt there complaining ;-)

lucretiaaos
Remains Silent

Post by lucretiaaos » Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 am

Really? Because I care WAY more about how the story comes out than a sketch I can hang on my wall.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu May 16, 2013 5:22 pm

...im all for the sketch, not that I got one, a bit to expensive as im a student. Just wondering, did you donate at all? :?

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu May 16, 2013 8:45 pm

I think we may need to make this an FAQ entry somewhere, but Thunt has already said that the update schedule will not be dropping to one comic per week. But you know, if you only want to look for new comics once per week, you could always just do that. It might be less frustrating for you.

I take it you don't read Order of the Stick? Even before Rich injured his hand, the comic update frequency was basically "whenever." He has other health issues, and he updates when he can. Sometimes it's a lot; sometimes it's not. If people want to read his story, they wait and let him write when he can. Probably you shouldn't start reading it, either, if update frequency is problematic to you. Still, it's a really good story. I don't love it as much as I do Goblins, but it's close. :)

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Fri May 17, 2013 9:26 am

The 'delay' is not Thunt's fault, it is Tempt's Fate fault.

Do not associate with evil, do not get infected with it. Do not accept it in any part of your body, even your foot. Do not accept infernal character sheets. Or you too may be destroyed by evil.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Fri May 17, 2013 11:33 am

Look, the comic is totally free to read and be a part of, so you really can't complain. Just be patient! And as far as Tempts Fate goes, that was mostly a side project, I think. When THunt does manage to finish it, I doubt anyone will be disappointed. As for Kore, pretty sure you're gonna meet your doom at the hands of Senor Vorpal Kickass'ooooooooo!
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Well, if he ever wants to run another donation fund rally, he should have finished the one before.....
And no, Kickstarter does not count as a donation fund, as you actually buy something in case the Kickstarter target has been met. Therefore, Kickstarter is not a donation as Tempts Fate is.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri May 17, 2013 2:45 pm

New comic up today and a blog post that promisies some plotish sketches to lead to the final colored TF 11 page. Cool. I hope it works.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri May 17, 2013 3:27 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:New comic up today and a blog post that promisies some plotish sketches to lead to the final colored TF 11 page. Cool. I hope it works.
This should be added to the OP.

I wholeheartedly approve. Thunt, you have been forgiven, just don't screw this up too... ;)

May I suggest for someone to re-write this threads title whenever an update comes, and possibly get pinned? Or shall we start an entirely new thread for the "Searching for Tempts Fate" ?
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri May 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Well, this is the first time I saw the rest of the Tempts Fate (that's been drawn, that is), for some reason until now I only saw up to where he kerplodes Cerberus. Love the first shot of the lake fire monster :P and Thunt seriously needs to stop being so hard on himself. Poor dude.
I am high in fructose.