Which major character dies next?

Discuss the comic here!

Poll: Who, of the following, dies* next?

Forgath
13%
Minmax
5%
Kin
13%
Psimax
40%
Onyx, Ruby or Sapphire
26%
Other main character
3%

Total votes: 62

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Re: Which major character dies next?

Post by Liesmith » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Taco was an alternate of Biscuit who fell into an oblivion hole, which is why none of you remember him.

He was so named because his favorite food was pizza.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

wonderdrow
Mutters to Themself

Post by wonderdrow » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:46 am

Maybe MinMax will use the golden naginata from reality 38 to smash PsiMax into an oblivion hole.

But I suppose it would be both cool and a letdown if he would use the 38 ways to kill someone with his tumb on PsiMax.

I doubt it would be someone from the kinship 3.5 or forgath.
Because Psimax is obviously still seeing Oblivious as the primairy concern to deal with.
Else he would have teleported to the machine room already.

apotato
Knows Everything

Post by apotato » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:38 am

judgen wrote:Hopefully the entire Minmax party so we can get back to the goblins part of "goblins". Why is this side quest even in goblins? is there a plan to tie them up again and if not why not make a new separate comic about Minmax that people can read. I personally could care less about what happens to them and wish to know what is going on with the goblins.
i echo this sentiment
no matter how you spin this sideplot, it's just a convenient way to catch minmax and forgath upto GAP's levels, without having to explain a long period of time

thankfully it's nearly done and we can get back to a story where the fundamental rules of the universe aren't manipulated as a weapon.

as for who bites the bullet next, most likely one of the 4 kins. psimax needs to stop kin156 from messing with his machine. when he gets there and finds 4 of them somebody will get splished

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 am

apotato wrote:
judgen wrote:Hopefully the entire Minmax party so we can get back to the goblins part of "goblins". Why is this side quest even in goblins? is there a plan to tie them up again and if not why not make a new separate comic about Minmax that people can read. I personally could care less about what happens to them and wish to know what is going on with the goblins.
i echo this sentiment
no matter how you spin this sideplot, it's just a convenient way to catch minmax and forgath upto GAP's levels, without having to explain a long period of time

thankfully it's nearly done and we can get back to a story where the fundamental rules of the universe aren't manipulated as a weapon.

as for who bites the bullet next, most likely one of the 4 kins. psimax needs to stop kin156 from messing with his machine. when he gets there and finds 4 of them somebody will get splished
But perhaps Minmax and/or Kin are going to join the GAP on in the Dragon's Maw crawl after they help kill Kore? This isn't a side-plot, it's a way to bring two of the three plot strands together. Now, Dies Horribly and friends, that is a pointless subplot (until Duv becomes a pivotal challenge for the GAP...).
Thunt has had all the plot for the entire story planned out for 9 years or more. I don't believe anything as intricate or time-consuming as the MoM is an irrelevant side-plot.

apotato
Knows Everything

Post by apotato » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:08 am

consider it from another angle then.

these characters enter a dungeon crawl they literally cant fail for essentially free experience. they experience two million lifetimes but by that virtue alone they do so near instantaneously or else they cease to be relevant to the plot anymore.

from an outsiders perspective we see minmax take a whizz on a big sword, then his party walks into it's blade. a few hours or so later they all walk out again 2-3 levels higher than when they entered.

any other external outcome isn't possible. if the characters experience all 2million lifetimes as per normal, i worked out if 1 run = 24 hours, they just spent 5000+ years thus they just exited relevance to the core story. they cant instantaneously exit as they enter or else they could pass hints to the members yet to enter. so most likely outcome is they exit after the elapsed time of the succesful run

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Yay for those that guessed this - we win the internet! :cheer:
All hail the power of the stick!

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 am

Does it really count if he's still alive?
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler