Civ V OOC: And the Rest is History.....

For all games that are now over.
Alaen
Converses Frequently

Re: CivilizationVOOC: La r├®sistance des poneys

Post by Alaen » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 am

Yeah the rift is really starting to irritate me, while it is a roleplay opportunity imo its currently only really fun for the "loyalist" as they dont really have to fear getting killed any moment.
I also dont really like the direction the handling of the action points is taking right now. :|

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:04 am

Well, if that's how people feel, I'll stop trying to distribute it and just take what I need instead..
The only reason I try to distribute it is because me and Aegis seem to be on the same time zone, or I'm just online to much!
So I try to make it so at least 3 different people get something out of it, and not just the first poster... that is the problem with time zones!
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 am

hah, Aegis is on his own time zone.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:41 am

no it MIIIIINE.. muhahahahahaaaa!
-Best regards LAYF

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Aegis is on Mountain (dew) Time. Hee Hee.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Alaen wrote:Yeah the rift is really starting to irritate me, while it is a roleplay opportunity imo its currently only really fun for the "loyalist" as they dont really have to fear getting killed any moment.
I also dont really like the direction the handling of the action points is taking right now. :|
That is how I feel, and I am basically only playing now because one of my characters is in the mix of it. :meh:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Personally, I don't think its the rebellion that is as annoying as the AP. As i said, last game, the irritating point was leadership and their damn baby making. This time around it seems like it will be AP.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Hoo boy, some of those die rolls for 600.12 were horrible. I tried everything I could to keep Nightshade alive but it just wasn't to be. The Destined for Greatness part is not going away so fast though and I'm not done with her yet, but for now she's an NPC until something... else happens in the next few months.

I wouldn't call the Drow pointlessly evil, I think this is tame compared to what they -might- do were they home.

I like the mercenary troupe idea though, and depending on what is found in the ruins of Webspun Point and if the artifact (the Ashen Sky) is retrieved... might give me a reason to use Hexographer after all...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:33 pm

I hate the ap. I hate them.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Well imo killing of the centaurs because they made a bit of trouble was not only a waste of "resources", but also a pretty dickish move especially since Burns has shown a vested interest in the survival of her people.
I just dont see the point in fighting among ourselves if there are much bigger dangers for all of us out there :|

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Alaen wrote:Well imo killing of the centaurs because they made a bit of trouble was not only a waste of "resources", but also a pretty dickish move especially since Burns has shown a vested interest in the survival of her people.
I just dont see the point in fighting among ourselves if there are much bigger dangers for all of us out there :|
I agree, if everyone comes back and swear loyality to the drow they should be allowed to live as slaves.
Killing the centaurs wasn't waste of resources because we have a flesh golem instead.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Yeah, i like the idea of a mercenary troupe as well, but we'll have to see what happens. By the way, have Belle and the other centaur reached Diramanths party with the news yet?

Also, what is experience for this game, and how do we spend it?

Edit: Yeah, the general disregard of the main drow leadership for the lives of the other races and even her own race was the main cause of the split. The 'Rebels' and the 'loyalists' aren't fighting each other yet, because Diramanth knows that such a fight would be very costly and almost certainly end badly for him and the rebels. At this point, the rebels are just trying to distance themselves from the drow leadership as much as possible, either by setting up their own settlement at Spiders roost, or if worst comes to worst, just escaping onto the surface.

Edit again: Yes, because returning when we don't have to and becoming slaves is such an enticing prospect. :|

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Thank you kida for pretty much summing up my gripe with the so called "loyalists" :meh:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:44 pm

...Yea. It is. That sounds like an even worse idea. :meh: Would you rather have your people be enslaved? >.<

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 pm

madmartin26 wrote: Edit again: Yes, because returning when we don't have to and becoming slaves is such an enticing prospect. :|
Well the drow leader of the slaves could bargin special privlidges for himself ;)

I think the main problem is that people(badge) doesn't accept they lost the first vote for the dominant race

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:56 pm

madmartin26 wrote:Yeah, i like the idea of a mercenary troupe as well, but we'll have to see what happens. By the way, have Belle and the other centaur reached Diramanths party with the news yet?

Also, what is experience for this game, and how do we spend it?

Edit: Yeah, the general disregard of the main drow leadership for the lives of the other races and even her own race was the main cause of the split. The 'Rebels' and the 'loyalists' aren't fighting each other yet, because Diramanth knows that such a fight would be very costly and almost certainly end badly for him and the rebels. At this point, the rebels are just trying to distance themselves from the drow leadership as much as possible, either by setting up their own settlement at Spiders roost, or if worst comes to worst, just escaping onto the surface.

Edit again: Yes, because returning when we don't have to and becoming slaves is such an enticing prospect. :|
Stop talking like this is your rebellion...its mine and you stole it. >:(

Honestly....im not bitter that grippli weren't the dominate tribe. I will tell you exactly why I am bitter. Madmartin came up with his own world effect "underdark connections" which screwed up my floating islands in the sky....If it wasn't for his stupid underdark, we would all be living happily, on and island...IN THE SKY.... :stab: Ahhhh....

And i blame him for this, which is why him taking claim to my idea for a rebellion is pissing me off enough to throw diramanth off a cliff into hot burning magma.

Am i perhaps getting way way to into this and allowing myself to get worked up.... why yes, yes i am... I hope I'm not turning anyone away from this game, but aren't we all allowed to have our angry moments. let me have mine.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:11 pm

I don't see why you are arguing, just as long as we have rebels.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:17 pm

I'm not arguing, I'm venting.....anyways....If people want the rebellion to end so bad then they should spend the SA to stop the rebellion from happening.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:47 pm

My opinion does not matter much at the moment, but I really wanted everyone to escape to the floating island. Unfortunately people STILL are not there, and the 1st serveral attempts failed. That kind of put that just out of reach, which left the rest of the game to play.

Free the flying island, and if my pony comes back, I just might be good and happy under an open sky. Or, I could die AGAIN while holding back the skaven and aberation hordes in my own speecial hell.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:50 pm

We cant really stop the rebellion because technically there is no rebellion. IIRC the "rebels" have not really been agressive in any way toward the "loyalists".

Also Badge sorry if this sounds harsh but I really dont get what your deal is with martin supposedly "stealing" the rebellion, as it is imo irellevant if you or he or you both lead this rebellion , and he has never declared himself "leader" anyway.
Its bad enough that this rebellion exists in the first place, we really dont need another split.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:56 pm

cough..cough..oh has he not? calling them his rebels is kind of the same thing as being el capitan of rebels.

And, as for the break up, yes, i suppose you could say that i simply and deeply hate (nay, loathe) drow, and you guys were treating these poor creatures terribly....so i took it upon myself to offer the ponies a way out, an escape, if you will.

In fact, you know, in a way, there is no rebellion at all.... There is simply one group that is fleeing, and another group that is trying to kill those who are fleeing.

Thats not a rebellion, thats dictatorship of one dominant species against another.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:01 pm

BadgeAddict wrote: Stop talking like this is your rebellion...its mine and you stole it. >:(
Sigh. Look, the reason I 'stole your rebellion' was because Diramanth thought that following your plan of rebellion(declaring everyone free, and trying to create a new society while immediately cutting off contact with the drow) would get everyone in the scouting party killed. I have never claimed that the rebellion was started by me(even if i may have started one later, it wasn't my intention to do it then), Diramanth just took responsibility for the leadership. Once he had convinced them that your plan was not the best way to do things, he put forward a plan the thought would keep everyone alive, and now he's dealing with the responsibility of making the plan work.
BadgeAddict wrote: Honestly....im not bitter that grippli weren't the dominate tribe. I will tell you exactly why I am bitter. Madmartin came up with his own world effect "underdark connections" which screwed up my floating islands in the sky....If it wasn't for his stupid underdark, we would all be living happily, on and island...IN THE SKY.... :stab: Ahhhh....
Mm. I'm not entirely happy with it either, when i first proposed underdark connections it was supposed to be that wherever we ended up we would have some way to get to the underdark, not that we would be in the underdark(For example, with the floating island we would have had a portal to the underdark, or if we were on the surface we would have a cave entrance to the underdark nearby), and i thought having connections to the underdark would be a good match for drow. That said, i don't think any of us got exactly what we wanted from the starting setup(I know that many are annoyed about some of the races being wiped out), so i think it's more important to deal with things as they are then get annoyed about how it could have been.
BadgeAddict wrote: And i blame him for this, which is why him taking claim to my idea for a rebellion is pissing me off enough to throw diramanth off a cliff into hot burning magma.
Again, i never claimed that the idea was mine, Diramanth only took responsibility for keeping the rebellion alive and intact, he never said it was his plan(In fact, he was opposed to it at the beginning, now he's just trying to make the best of it as much has he can. That said, if you do want to lead part of the rebellion, go ahead. Aegis said that they like you at least a little because you tried to find them food, and Diramanth would be happy to have the help and would not oppose you, as long as you tried to help the cause of the rebellion, trying to achieve the goals of staying alive and getting ready to rebel when they are ready, instead of trying to fracture it and (as Diramanth sees it) lead it to ruin.
BadgeAddict wrote: Am i perhaps getting way way to into this and allowing myself to get worked up.... why yes, yes i am... I hope I'm not turning anyone away from this game, but aren't we all allowed to have our angry moments. let me have mine.
Of course. Only reason i'm not far more annoyed is because I can see where you're coming from, even if i don't necessarily agree.

Edit: it took me way too long to reply so i haven't responded to the most recent posts, hopefully i'll be able to do that later.
Last edited by madmartin26 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:04 pm

actually, Kermit it seeking the help of the gods as we speak...and..now that I've vented my frustration, I feel better....thats how talking about it helps...

Hopefully my SA succeeds and a divine deity will help us out. Because most good aligned gods would probably be more than happy to piss off lloth or her minions. Im specifically hoping for http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Sarenrae or someone similar.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Sounds good to me, as i said before, we can use any help we can get. :)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:12 pm

wait? how did Nightshade die?
aegis wrote:Pony Attack on Nightshade (65+): 37 + 6 (VillageDefense 2) + 3 (Warfare 1) + 2 (Group 1) + 4 (Militia 2) = 52 vs Modded 62 (Base 65) (Action Failed)
Nightshade Saving Throw (15+): 12 + 2 (Failed Pony Attack) = 14 (Failed)
Nightshade Survives the Attack (50+): 4 (Dead... and critically.)
if the ponies attack failed! why did nightshade have to make saving throws in the first place? I don't follow?
-Best regards LAYF