1st November, 2013 - Sorry

Discuss the comic here!
spiderwrangler
Game Master

1st November, 2013 - Sorry

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Oh Minmax...

I'm assuming the hand is hollow on the Hammace, but still looks like a heavy weapon to haul around...

Also, the shiny wall is a cool effect/angle.

Permanent link 01-11-2013
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

01st November, 2013 - Back against the wall!

Post by LAYF » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Well, it does look like it hurts :(
-Best regards LAYF

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Re: 1st Novemeber - Sorry

Post by WastesTime » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:22 pm

And the heartbreaking moment goes on and on...

Also - I'm not quite sure but is Minmax leaning against a one-way glass? Maybe Kin can see him now while he cannot see her. She'll see his tears..and ...and think...argghhh, I'm like a drowning man catching at the straws...

And just to remind everybody and induce further moments of "awwww, hell no! Sniff...sniff", here is Minmax's first interaction with Kin http://www.goblinscomic.org/05312010/
Last edited by WastesTime on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

Buta
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: 01st November, 2013 - Sorry

Post by Buta » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Poor Minmax. I just want to him a big hug. :(

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Re: 1st Novemeber - Sorry

Post by stevedj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:31 pm

WastesTime wrote:And the heartbreaking moment goes on and on...

Also - I'm not quite sure but is Minmax leaning against a one-way glass? Maybe Kin can see him now while he cannot see her. She'll see his tears..and ...and think...argghhh, I'm like a drowning man catching at the straws...

And just to remind everybody and induce further moments of "awwww, hell no! Sniff...sniff", here is Minamx's first interaction with Kin http://www.goblinscomic.org/05312010/
Or, she will finally "see" his pain and anguish...?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Man, that's harsh. I don't see how this will get better. Also, why is Kin brewing the tea now? They can't all get out, and she would have to redo the maze all by herself. Wouldn't it be better to reset the maze, then have them win the next time and she brews the tea after they get out of the maze?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Sutremaine
Whispers Softly

Post by Sutremaine » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Minmax looks a bit startled at being touched by Forgath...

Also, something occured to me about Kin's though processes regarding the necklace. She clutches at it when she's allowing Minmax to boost her up past the Oblivion hole above the zombie corridor, so perhaps her thoughts on it are: "Whenever I feel uncertain about Minmax, all I need to do is remember the necklace." Somebody in one of the last two topics pointed out that if Minmax were to obliviate the leash or collar, Kin would have no memory of why she obeyed Goblinslayer's orders. If Kin is using the necklace to reinforce and fuel her good perceptions of Minmax, then removing it from existence is removing a very important aspect of each of her interactions with Minmax.

Ruby is correct in saying that the necklace controls Kin's behaviour, but is incorrect in calling it a leash (due to the connotations of the word). Kin has chosen to use the necklace to control her own behaviour, and because she's the one in control it's no leash.

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Damnably dusty around here. Poor dumb likable sap, It wouldn't be such a tragedy if he didn't actually really mean to do well underneath his over-weaning self conceit. If he was just some oblivious self regarding bully, he could just shrug and say "Her loss".

Capital writing, quite the top of the Web-comic game, Mr Thunt.

miados
Of Few Words

Post by miados » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:49 pm

SamWiser wrote:Man, that's harsh. I don't see how this will get better. Also, why is Kin brewing the tea now? They can't all get out, and she would have to redo the maze all by herself. Wouldn't it be better to reset the maze, then have them win the next time and she brews the tea after they get out of the maze?
Our kin is going to be doing the maze with the other kins and keep all her memories and exp since they altered the maze due to psymax.

Maur
Of Few Words

Post by Maur » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Sutremaine wrote:Also, something occured to me about Kin's though processes regarding the necklace. She clutches at it when she's allowing Minmax to boost her up past the Oblivion hole above the zombie corridor.
Went back to look at it, since i missed it. Indeed, or more precisely, she grabs it when MM asks her to trust him. I guess that was a bit of foreshadowing.

Sad update.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: 1st November, 2013 - Sorry

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Nice to see MM realizes just how much damage he did. Maybe he teleports to Complains with a new outlook on life.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Maur
Of Few Words

Post by Maur » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:Nice to see MM realizes just how much damage he did. Maybe he teleports to Complains with a new outlook on life.
Likely, anger and frustration?

This is not going to end well, i am afraid (what a suprise!). They wont have Kin with them, so the easy way to parley with GAP is out. I am guessing there will be a lot of screaming and not a good day for Forgath, to misquote certain wall, after FM met GAP and Kore.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:24 pm

SamWiser wrote:Man, that's harsh. I don't see how this will get better. Also, why is Kin brewing the tea now? They can't all get out, and she would have to redo the maze all by herself. Wouldn't it be better to reset the maze, then have them win the next time and she brews the tea after they get out of the maze?
They already covered this, sort of.

The four Kins are going to smash their counters and redo the maze over and over gaining experience. Then they are going to use their Kinly brains to rework the teleportation pad so that it leaves all four Kins together in the same universe.

It's not clear what will happen to the teapot when the maze resets. If it lets them keep treasures they will lose the teapot, but they could just pick it a second time and use the same trick to send the other Forgaths and Minmaxes back to their own universes. Or the Forgath and Minmax could win and just return alone--they'd have to adjust the teleport pad for that, otherwise the Kins would leave with them I think.

If they can never figure out how to stay together, then they could use the teleport pad to go back to their respective universes with a teapot with all their experience. This would require four runs of course, but by that time they would all be able to win the maze easily as they know the shortcut into the ceiling.

I think it very likely that we will see at least Kin-Kin again, if not Onyx, Ruby, and Sapphire.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Oh Minmax, you really have a good heart.
Click here if you want to beat me up!

a77
Remains Silent

Post by a77 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:49 pm

One think to remember, the oblivion hole/rift cant be total oblivion, because then Psionic Minmax would have used it to obliterate himself, cant think the supreme master of the maze will have missed the rifts/hole. Minmax arm and sword coming out from the oblivion hole/rift at random intervals. It might be possibly that the KEN necleas will com back.... especially if one is to reset/tamper with the maze.

Croabadrake
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Croabadrake » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 pm

My mind keeps trying to come up with all of the horrible paths that this could take from here on out :'(

The most prominent of which is Ruby meeting up with Kin, Kin hugging her or something and admitting that she was right, Minmax seeing this and spotting Ruby giving him a smug look, Minmax realizing that Ruby is responsible and then attacking her, and in the following conflict Kin dies trying to protect Ruby.

The tea is brewed, they take the only option to leave and Minmax has even more trauma to take out on goblins and an overarmored dwarf.

Javada
Remains Silent

Post by Javada » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:57 pm

I wonder at what point, if ever, a comment like "Where's your necklace?" or "I know you are mad, but you could have waited until we left to destroy the necklace" will be made by Forgath, or maybe Onyx or Sapphire, to Kin. Or maybe something silly like "Well, goodbye 'Ken'." Probably never at this rate, but one can hope.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:59 pm

So what are all the doors for? There's one coming in from the Maze, but where would the others go?

Grim Levity
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Grim Levity

Post by Grim Levity » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Javada wrote:I wonder at what point, if ever, a comment like "Where's your necklace?" or "I know you are mad, but you could have waited until we left to destroy the necklace" will be made by Forgath, or maybe Onyx or Sapphire, to Kin. Or maybe something silly like "Well, goodbye 'Ken'." Probably never at this rate, but one can hope.
That won't happen, at least for a while. The other Kins besides Ruby probably didn't take enough notice to bring it to mind despite it falling into an Oblivion-hole and since it was put in the hole, it's unlikely anyone else will think about it in the face of the dramatic mess that's just occurred. At best, Forgath will someday murmur, "Wait... who's 'Ken'? Why did I ask that?"

Iron Sun 254
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Iron Sun 254 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:11 pm

I feel so sad for the big lug. I'm sure Kin is hurting too. Even under her anger, she's feeling a lot of sadness right now. In the real world people who do really stupid things sometimes get a chance to fix things. These two are of different races and the magic teapot mayseparate them for good. As much as I want a happy ending for these two, I think it'll be hard to get there.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity....that's where I live, baby!

Greydoor
Remains Silent

Post by Greydoor » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:13 pm

So, what's the point in continuing to read this comic if every little pleasant thing done to them will be undone?

I was hoping that Chief would pull through and be stronger for it.

I was hoping K'selis would survive.

I was hoping Dies would have the stones to fight for himself.

And I was hoping that Kin and Minmax would be alright, but this is seeming incredibly unlikely. And if we're being honest, discards anything either of them gained.

Mithcoriel
Mutters to Themself

Post by Mithcoriel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Javada wrote:I wonder at what point, if ever, a comment like "Where's your necklace?" or "I know you are mad, but you could have waited until we left to destroy the necklace" will be made by Forgath, or maybe Onyx or Sapphire, to Kin. Or maybe something silly like "Well, goodbye 'Ken'." Probably never at this rate, but one can hope.
None of them remember the necklace ever existed. This is completely impossible.

Tama
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Tama » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm beginning to feel the same way as Greydoor. If every little good thing is soon smashed cruelly into unrecognizable powder, why am I still reading this?! CAN NOTHING GOOD STAY GOOD?!
Stop that right meow.

jbrecken
Whispers Softly

Post by jbrecken » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Did her tell her Minmax is sorry?

Greydoor
Remains Silent

Post by Greydoor » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:34 pm

It makes it really hard to care about what'll happen next.