Nov 6 2013 Update: "Damn Spiders!"

Discuss the comic here!
Iron Sun 254
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Nov 6 2013 Update: "Damn Spiders!"

Post by Iron Sun 254 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 pm

This may turn out well after all. She clearly sees him, it's just not clear to her.

Please oh please. Let these crazy kids find love.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity....that's where I live, baby!

Quild
Whispers Softly

Post by Quild » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Drakonim wrote:I'm not quite sure if this is 'seeing' cause it comes out of nowhere. There hasn't really been a change between Kin and Minmax (except for the huge trustbreak) that in my eyes would validate the sudden copying of behavior and even pain. Remember that Minmax started 'seeing' her during the tower battle which would have meant that Kin would have been swinging her arms around during the entire gear scene, or that Minmax would have just swiped at the wall at an imaginary spider (I know we don't see it so it could have happened). My theory is that Thunt is just showing us that Kin is also torn up about it and that they are feeling the same about what has happened.

I'm not entirely convinced of my own theory cause of the exact same body stances even in the crouching, also Kin doesn't have a spider bite on her hand where Minmax's wound is.
Well, I think only the pain is a sign that Kin can "see" MM. The rest just shows how connnected they are.
MM "saw" Kin a brief instant when she was at an apex of pain (he didn't felt the pain though).

Drakonim
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Drakonim » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Quild wrote:
Drakonim wrote:I'm not quite sure if this is 'seeing' cause it comes out of nowhere. There hasn't really been a change between Kin and Minmax (except for the huge trustbreak) that in my eyes would validate the sudden copying of behavior and even pain. Remember that Minmax started 'seeing' her during the tower battle which would have meant that Kin would have been swinging her arms around during the entire gear scene, or that Minmax would have just swiped at the wall at an imaginary spider (I know we don't see it so it could have happened). My theory is that Thunt is just showing us that Kin is also torn up about it and that they are feeling the same about what has happened.

I'm not entirely convinced of my own theory cause of the exact same body stances even in the crouching, also Kin doesn't have a spider bite on her hand where Minmax's wound is.
Well, I think only the pain is a sign that Kin can "see" MM. The rest just shows how connnected they are.
MM "saw" Kin a brief instant when she was at an apex of pain (he didn't felt the pain though).
That's true but he said "I see you" not I saw you and the fact that he immediately realised what he did in the last couple of updates is proof to me that he still sees her or at least during moments of great emotional or physical distress. That could also be another explanation that it only happens during those moments and that the distress Minmax is feeling right now is seeping through to Kin.

I'm carefully hopeful so the fall won't be too big

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Ah... hope. That weapon used by writers the world over to tear their reader's hearts out. ;)

*hope* *hope* *hope* *hope* *hope*

Mithcoriel
Mutters to Themself

Post by Mithcoriel » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm still extremely convinced that Kin won't be with them when they teleport to the goblins. Cause if she is, she'll tell Minmax and Forgath that these goblins are her friends, and they'll all team up and be best buds. It would be too good. If she isn't, Forgath and Minmax can at least start off being antagonists, maybe only team up with them very reluctantly, etc.
It is for this fact alone that I assume Minmax and Kin will not resolve their issue enough to leave together.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Iron Sun 254 wrote:This may turn out well after all. She clearly sees him, it's just not clear to her.

Please oh please. Let these crazy kids find love.
They already found it...Psimax was right about that. It's just that Kin doesn't understand what love is, and has probably never experienced the True Seeing part of Yuan Ti physiology (I'm guessing it's very similar to the "Recognition" that occurs between Elfquest elves)

The question is...what happens if Minmax exits the maze while Kin is inside while they're in this state? Will Minmax feel everything that happens to Kin in the remaining time she's in the maze in that instant? that could be a pretty nasty sensory overload if she goes through a hundred or so maze runs before exiting...she wouldn't be as affected, since to her, Minmax is effectively "in stasis" until she exits.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:40 pm

I think the important thing is where the hell did that spider come from?
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Kamos wrote:I think the important thing is where the hell did that spider come from?
Well when a mommy spider eats a daddy spider....
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Reads Comic, gains real hope for first time in many weeks, comes to read what fellow sufferers are hoping . . . thinks that impulse through for a minute . . . spurns reading thread like it was a seething pit of infectious anti-hope.

:lol:

SHE LOVES HIM TOO. True love is allowed to forgive any fault, and also it redeems any fault too !. They will be so happy together that even Ruby will be all "AWWWWW, Fluffy Kittens and Cute Puppies, I am happy they are happy !" * and she will say sorry to MinMax and Thank him for the Lesson she learned from him and "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well", *Runs away into his fantasyland of choice, with hands over ears, going "LALALALALALAICAN'THEARYOULALALALALA" and not fooling himself one tiny bit*

:'( :'( :'( :'(

* Of course, she would really go "AWWWWW, Fluffy Kittens and Cute Puppies, hey, girls, someone delivered Lunch, bring the Beer !"

Mithcoriel
Mutters to Themself

Post by Mithcoriel » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Have you noticed she changed her hairstyle again? When was the last time she had that particular one? That oughta tell us something about her mood.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:06 pm

What would appear to be an overreaction to the spider on Kin's part makes sense to me. She's in grief. She likely feels heartbroken and betrayed. It makes as much sense for her to let out those feelings on a minor antagonist as it does for Minmax to punch the wall, if not more. I would suggest that the reason she isn't becoming verbose is that that is a nervous reaction (one some people have) and at the moment that isn't the emotion she is suffering on account of.

Edit: I'd also like to congratulate those who suggested that Minmax would intentionally harm himself and cause her to see him.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Nov 6 Update: "Damn Spiders!"

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm

PatchworkBBC wrote:EDIT: Also, this whole "wait five days at a time for each new comic" is killing me. Patience is not my strong suit.
Well, if you want something to do, there's always the games forum... :)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Yamadasan
Mutters to Themself

Post by Yamadasan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Now I did not post this earlier in the week/comic cycle, as I did not have too much information to back this up. This confirms that Thunt at least knows about it however, and is probably eluding towards it.

Remember back when Minmax and Kin first met? They mimic'ed each other, similar to what happened in this comic here.

This is something real couples, who are emotionally intune, generally do. They will both tend to fall into similar body language type actiony things. Like both would sit cross legged, or if one leans on the right arm the other does it too, their arms are both folded or what have you.

This isn't conscious, it's just what happens when two people are like, really really close, at least emotionally. Minmax and Kin had this during their very first conversation, which would hint at true love.

I DONE TOLD YAH! THESE TWO AIN'T EVEN NEEEEAR DONE HERE IN THIS ARC! THEY'RE ESCAPING AS HAPPY AS LENNIE SMALLS IN A FIELD OF RABBITS, YAH HEAR GEORGE?

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:41 pm

RedwoodElf wrote:
Kamos wrote:I think the important thing is where the hell did that spider come from?
Well when a mommy spider eats a daddy spider....
Go on...
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

GuessesWildly
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GuessesWildly » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Minmax's new weapon (dagger?) is a chekov's gun and I think I finally understood where it will be used.
Why was it displayed in this comic? Is it forshadowing something? I believe so.
The weapon functions as a very powerful weapon against the wielder's own race, and there are currently 4 Yuan-Ti (Kins).
I believe that if and when Kin figures out what Ruby did, she will use Minmax's new weapon to great effect.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Yamadasan wrote:I DONE TOLD YAH! THESE TWO AIN'T EVEN NEEEEAR DONE HERE IN THIS ARC! THEY'RE ESCAPING AS HAPPY AS LENNIE SMALLS IN A FIELD OF RABBITS, YAH HEAR GEORGE?
As happy as Lennie? Does that mean Forgath is going to have to put Minmax down because he can't help but hurt the people he loves? (Including the pretty lady he just wanted to keep from leaving?)

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Mithcoriel wrote:Have you noticed she changed her hairstyle again? When was the last time she had that particular one? That oughta tell us something about her mood.
Nope - she's still a Greenette (pun on Brunette)

1) How will recreated bodyparts survive outside the Maze? Will memories & experience also survive outside of the Maze?

My thought is that the characters that return from that pocket maze will do so with the artefact, and nothing else. No super sized amounts of XP, no massive levelling, no +8 bling. All those things stay within the pocket universe. My evidence of this - the Maze of Many is known as a place where there are artefacts, not a guaranteed way of getting levels without effort (or even with effort) as the winners would always walk out saying they aced the maze in one go.

2) That dumb MinMax and intelligent Kin see each other, does not mean that they can communicate this between each other. I still expect a sad outcome. Mostly because I still don't think Kin is a 'player' character - tempting though it is.

3) Kin's phobia against spiders might have arisen from the SkorpiKin experience. Although, I just think she is finding reasons that her feelings are caused by the physical world around her - considering the prospect that she can See a Human would just be impossible to accept with the memory of the KEN neclace being lost

3a) would it not be great if Kin were to touch that pole thing with gears, and the necklace reforms with the memories of it ... meaning that the object is considered 'part' of the person in the same way the beard is part of a Dwarf ... that would be sooo cool!

4) there is no four. I just wanted to see if anyone else though there might be a four ... :fume:

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:13 pm

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Hmm, would seem we got the future reconciliation pretty well established now, but now a separation would be even more heart-wrenching. :(

Brings Cupcakes
Of Few Words

Post by Brings Cupcakes » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Each of them is feeling the other's pain as well as their own, which has got to be a near-paralyzing vicious cycle of distress.

If Minmax and Forgath leave, they'll be in a separate universe than Kin. It's hard to believe that the link could be maintained in that circumstance, "love conquers all" notwithstanding. The time differential alone would be problematic. It's possible that Kin won't realize what's been happening until the Seeing is suddenly (and gut-wrenchingly) cut off.

Dagazzard
Of Few Words

Post by Dagazzard » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:01 pm

In regard to the "seeing" coming from nowhere... When Kin was in great pain, Minmax felt it too. Minmax wasn't in great pain then, but he is now. So Kin is feeling it too. That's why it's happening now and not in the past.

Mad Mick
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Mad Mick » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:07 pm

I love this update. Kin must be incredibly confused right now. She's very smart, so she should understand that things aren't quite right. Perhaps when she sees Minmax's wound, she'll understand what's happened (although maybe Forgath will heal him first - heh heh heh (= ).

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: Nov 6 Update: "Damn Spiders!"

Post by Glemp » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:13 pm

stevedj wrote:
Jochi wrote:
Ziprath wrote:Did Kin just feel the pain of Minmax punching the wall?
Looks that way. So much for the collar suppressing her "seeing" perception along with whatever other "racial abilities".
Maybe just her perception of her perception. :D
I wonder - has Kin ever "seen" one of her kind before? That is, perhaps this is the first time she's been in love, and she doesn't recognize the feeling?
She said that True Seeing is pretty rare all on its own, never mind cross-species (which has never happened before). So it's likely neither she nor anyone she knew in her clan did it. Though how such a monogamous mechanic works in the 'giant sex ball' mating process must be quite interesting.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Sure... blame the spider.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: <-- rolling all 8 eyes...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

MapsGroxily
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by MapsGroxily » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Sonofacrap, she Sees him!

And just because of how this has to end, I know it won't matter, it's just going to tug at our heartstrings all the harder. ;_;

I think the Seeing thing goes a bit deeper than just body language and pain - when Kin is very stressed, she often uses larger and more complex vocabulary, but here, when she's clearly very stressed out, she does NOT. As others have said, I think this is influenced by Minmax and the Seeing thing.