Obliviate Kin's Leash?

Discuss the comic here!
JudeWMire
Remains Silent

Obliviate Kin's Leash?

Post by JudeWMire » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:20 am

Hey, would it be possible to carefully stick Kin's leash/collar into an oblivion hole and if you did would it erase her memory of the trauma she suffered as a result of it?

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Obliviate Kin's Leash?

Post by gamecreator » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:23 am

No. To both questions.

JudeWMire
Remains Silent

Post by JudeWMire » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:36 am

Cool. Got it. Care to explain why?

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:54 am

It was heavily discussed already.
1) Kin's collar is around her neck. How can you possibly safely stick it into oblivion hole while keeping Kin out of the hole?
2) Oblivion holes erase the memories about object, but they do nothing to erase the consequences of it's existence. This was explained by Thunt (in blog post, IIRC) and repeated every time oblivion was discussed on forums (which is quite often).

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:28 pm

One problem mentioned in the forums is that Kin would possibly remember the torture inflicted by Goblinslayer, but not why she allowed it to happen, causing even greater trauma.

Sapphire, who's mind is effectively broken, is a good example of the dangers of using extra-natural forces to destroy unwanted memories.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler