November 27, 2013: Loss, and the definition of said word.

Discuss the comic here!
Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Re: November 27, 2013: Loss, and the definition of said word

Post by Insane Kitty » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Nerre wrote:Oh, I was thinking maybe in a old ruleset, still playing in 2.0. I just did not get 11 classes when counting in my head. 11 Classes? I thought it were only around 6, which is why I wrote 6. Sorry. Yes, 11 is far to high.

But, 6th level worth of exp would be about 1 level of experience in all classes. (remember that you need more and more experience per level as you progress)

11th level would put you around 5th in all classes if you had them all I think. Sorry been a long, LONG time since I played AD&D
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

WhispersToSquirrels
Of Few Words

Post by WhispersToSquirrels » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Glemp wrote:Depending on how Kore defines Evil, he may go against Minmax because MM's motivation is revenge, a morally 'impure' reason to adventure (hint: there is only one adventurer who has a pure reason; his name begins with a 'K' and ends with 'mineral-containing rock').
So according to Kore, MinMax is no true adventurer. :)
"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!"

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 am

Insane Kitty wrote:
Nerre wrote:Oh, I was thinking maybe in a old ruleset, still playing in 2.0. I just did not get 11 classes when counting in my head. 11 Classes? I thought it were only around 6, which is why I wrote 6. Sorry. Yes, 11 is far to high.
But, 6th level worth of exp would be about 1 level of experience in all classes. (remember that you need more and more experience per level as you progress)

11th level would put you around 5th in all classes if you had them all I think. Sorry been a long, LONG time since I played AD&D
Except that's not how it works anymore. You don't divide the XP into classes individually, you advance one level at a time, with +1 to one class each time you level up. A character with 11 classes would have to add a new class every level until he was level 11, at which point he would be first level in all classes and could start adding additional levels. To be level 2 in all classes, he would have to reach level 22, and he would suck at all of them.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

OnceUponATime
Whispers Softly

Post by OnceUponATime » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:43 am

RedwoodElf wrote: you advance one level at a time, with +1 to one class each time you level up. A character with 11 classes would have to add a new class every level until he was level 11, at which point he would be first level in all classes and could start adding additional levels. To be level 2 in all classes, he would have to reach level 22, and he would suck at all of them.
except no, nice sir (http://www.goblinscomic.org/02032006/).
me right now:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:46 am

WhispersToSquirrels wrote:
Glemp wrote:Depending on how Kore defines Evil, he may go against Minmax because MM's motivation is revenge, a morally 'impure' reason to adventure (hint: there is only one adventurer who has a pure reason; his name begins with a 'K' and ends with 'mineral-containing rock').
So according to Kore, MinMax is no true adventurer. :)
:D
Never thought of that.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:15 am

OnceUponATime wrote:
RedwoodElf wrote: you advance one level at a time, with +1 to one class each time you level up. A character with 11 classes would have to add a new class every level until he was level 11, at which point he would be first level in all classes and could start adding additional levels. To be level 2 in all classes, he would have to reach level 22, and he would suck at all of them.
except no, nice sir (http://www.goblinscomic.org/02032006/).
me right now:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
That's artistic license...there are lots of things in the comic that won't work in the actual game (Klik and Junior, for example, don't even roll initiative.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Madfox11
Mutters to Themself

Post by Madfox11 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:20 am

I would say the comic stepped away from making fun of the game mechanics a long time ago and is now more about the story and story tropes instead of D&D mechanics ;) After all, nobody rolled initiative since the demon thingie.

JustRight
Eleventy-one
UStream Username: Frank Erickson, M.D.

Post by JustRight » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:51 am

wertsir wrote:It just occurred to me that kore is going to be killed by forgath using Minmax's axe of racism.
It doesn't have to be Forgath using Racist Axe, it could be Kin showing up just in time and using her now invincible tail. Maybe she holds Kore down and squeezes until his helmet comes off and we see his face...
"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble"
- Sam Spade

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:39 pm

All Kin has to do is show up and get shot full of bolts by Kore. MM and Complains would both shout "Kin," then do a double-take at each other. Complains would shout "We have to save her" and they would all be on the same side. I can't imagine that she isn't going to reason out that something got deleted. I wonder if MM can remember Kin's necklace now that he's out of the maze?
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Complains didn't know Kin. Chief got to know her fairly well and Big Ears tried to save her. I think she may have shouted at everyone in the wagon with some shouting back but not a whole lot of interaction.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Only Chief talked to Kin in the sense of getting to know her. The others will likely recognize her if she appears, but not if they just hear Minmax say her name like in some scenarios people are predicting. Chief said her name to the others but without explaining who it had been (and thought she was dead).
Complains also tried to save her when she first fell, but his arm gave out again.
Scene starting here http://www.goblinscomic.org/08242009/ for quick ref.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....