Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:46 am

I thought i already looked inside of my bench?mm, okay, i shall look inside the bench before i wander off (will edit above post)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:48 am

I just had you scanning looking for the items you said you wanted... bench 4 happened to have them, you therefore got dibs on that bench and may claim anything in it for yourself.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:58 am

Okay, i edited my previous action to include: Looking in the drawers, putting on my clothes.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Away from home today, working from my phone. Gabe will move over to the next available workbench and search for what he needs: metal suitable for a propeller, and tools to shape it. He will also look to see what else there is. If he finds what he needs, he will start work. You can assume that he'll be at it for today if others are ready and nothing major happens.

To August:

"Oh, nothing. Sorry." He shoots a nervous glance at the huge knife, but looks away and gets back to his own business.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:50 pm

WearsHats wrote:"Oh, nothing. Sorry." He shoots a nervous glance at the huge knife, but looks away and gets back to his own business.
"Mr. Treger!", August says with a slight edge in his voice. "If you harbour any suspicions regarding my trustworthyness and whether I am a danger to this group, I demand you voice them immediatly, so the issue can be dealt with."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Hiero checks bench #8 and it's drawers, trying not to step on the skeleton again.
"Damn, I wish I could somehow create energy. Electrical, steam, maybe mechanical,...hmm." he mumbles around.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:zzz:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:47 pm

*I'm sorry, my brain is toast, please have Bunn Bunn help someone appropriate this round... I simply cannot think past the letter A.
-Best regards LAYF

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Ursula will hmm to herself in thought, then put the clank arm on 'her' workbench, before returning to the deceased man in the armour. "We can't leave this body here, it's unsanitary. But the armour, we could use that - even if only as production materials for something else. Castlina, you've been ever so helpful already, but you don't happen to know where we could dispose of Legless here, do you? I would, ordinarily, propose some kind of burial... but we're hardly in an ordinary situation here. Is there a refuse facility nearby, perhaps?"

While she speaks, Ursula will begin to extract the skeletal remains from the leather armour.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:16 pm

"It is a skeleton, not a corpse. It's unsanitary times are long gone. But I agree. Although my sense of piety is not the best in town, we should put it somewhere where it can rest."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Sam searches the rest of Workbench 4 and finds:
► Show Spoiler
"You don't mind, I suppose do you Cas? If i remove this lock...perhaps while I'm at it i can give the door controls back over to you with a better locking mechanism".

"No, that would be quite alright."

Now that the door is open, Sam is able to better access the mechanisms that hold the lock in place. He's able to remove a few bolts and screws, and with a bit more work will be able to get it out of the door.
► Show Spoiler
August, itching to use his blades, gets started cutting the perfectly fine leather apron into a bunch of leather straps, with the intent to fashion them into a series of straps and holsters to hold his blades.
► Show Spoiler
Gabe, leaving the remains where they lay, turns to the workbench he'd originally been headed to and searching it, finds:
► Show Spoiler
Some of the items may be useful in crafting propeller blades, but nothing that immediately screams 'propeller' to his eye.

In addition to the metal flask he found previously, Hiero searches the accessible portions of Workbench 8 and finds:
► Show Spoiler
There are a few other drawers that could be searched, but not without moving what is left of the body reclining against them.

Bunn Bunn, rapidly loosing interest in long dead bodies, wanders over to have a look at the workbench between Hiero's and August's. He finds:
► Show Spoiler
Ursula drops the clank arm off at her workbench and returns to remove the armor from the skeletal remains. Which turns out to be pretty easy, as the bones dis-articulate as she lifts the armor, leaving her holding a slightly stained set of Leather Armor.

"Castlina, you've been ever so helpful already, but you don't happen to know where we could dispose of Legless here, do you?"

"Well dear, you could drop him down the forge shaft and I can incinerate him for you... or if you'd rather, the stream that carries away your operational byproducts would probably be enough to carry the bones away if you wished to drop them in there."
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:02 pm

To August: "I don't mean to offend. You haven't done anything. I'm just generally nervous around people with large knives. It's something I picked up from carrying heavy packages through dark alleys."

To Ursula: "I found a leather needle here if you want to work on your backpack some more."

Gabe will inventory the next unexplored workbench (6, I guess?), hoping to find what he needs. He will also keep an eye out for a broom and dustpan to help clean up the disintegrated skeleton.
Last edited by WearsHats on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changing action
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:38 am

August will keep working on his holsters.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:28 am

"The forge it is then! A fiery funeral for this long dead fellow." Ursula dons some of the gloves that are lying around, and starts moving the bones into the forge. "I also found a needle, but thank you for offering. If the rest of you want your sacks turning into satchels, I am happy to oblige - I'll just need some strap material. I rather have the hang of sewing now, I feel."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:48 am

Hiero puts the metal flask on desk 8 and attaches the flint and steel to his clothes and pockets the pencil, puts on the leather apron and the fingerless gloves. Then he helps Ursula to move the corpse into the furnance. He looks for wood or coal, any combustible close by that look like they are ment to be used in the furnance. And he also looks for cinder. If he can find none he will try to use some moss to ignite the fire "Did anybody spot combustibles or cinder?".
"They didn't give me a sack in the first place. Don't know why they kept my clothes. Maybe cause there were a lot of cables and devices build in to work with during the clank charging."
Last edited by Nerre on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 am

To Ursula: "Okay. I thought a leather needle might be more suited to the task, but if you've got what you need, that's great. If you wouldn't mind, I think a backpack would be very helpful. Is there anything I can help you with?"

To Heiro: "You said you needed some kind of power? Repairing my own little steam engine has helped me remember the basics. I've got a couple of projects of my own, but if you can find the materials I can help get you started. You'll need a boiler, some fuel, pipes, linkages, and, depending on what you're doing, valves, pistons, or turbines. If you can't find those, they'll have to be forged. I don't remember how to do that, but at least one of us is going to learn at some point."

To Castlina: "I noticed that there doesn't seem to be much furniture in the other room. Did the last group sleep on the floor? I think I'd like to make myself a hammock if there isn't a bed. Do you know where I could find enough rope to do that? Or maybe a little rope and some sturdy sheets of cloth? Also, is there a way for me to attach it to the ceiling?"

Gabe, seeing that cleanup of the skeleton is already underway, will turn around and help with that.

(I guess the bones are more intact than I'd originally read them to be.)

► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Haring the talk of a power source and looking over the flint and steal on a chain an idea strikes Bunn Bunn "Uhohm.. ehh... Castlina? mam? sorry for not introducing myself earlier, its just.. well, everything in here is so interesting that I was taken by it! but my name is Bunn Aquarium, or Bunn Bunn if you will! could you by any chance tell me if there are more chains in here? you see I'm thinking of building a pendulum of sorts, to rewind mechanical contraptions or run others, so that we may automate that kind of tasks... oh... and some lead weights, have anyone seen any lead weights? or other heavy objects that could be hung from chains?"

Going around Bunn Bunn will look in another workbench "Have anyone found any gears or springs by any chance? oh and ehm, Mrs. Ursula, could a bother you for another piece of paper and to borrow your pen maybe? I need to do some calculations!"

Bunn Bunn will collect any chains, weights and framework materials along with springs, gears and leavers at workbench 9 if he finds any. on his way he will try to make a sketch plan for a HUGE pendulum driven gear with mainsprings and release handles.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Edited@LAYF

To Heiro: "You said you needed some kind of power? Repairing my own little steam engine has helped me remember the basics. I've got a couple of projects of my own, but if you can find the materials I can help get you started. You'll need a boiler, some fuel, pipes, linkages, and, depending on what you're doing, valves, pistons, or turbines. If you can't find those, they'll have to be forged. I don't remember how to do that, but at least one of us is going to learn at some point."

"Thank you. I was already looking for some of those parts, but as my memory about steam has been wiped so much I hardly remember how to cook or boil tea, I appreciate your offer. I will look for the required components."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:10 am

Sam continues to fidget with the lock in order to remove it as in tact as possible.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Not gonna get to an update tonight, but hope to have one up tomorrow AM. To hold you over, here's the clank arm that Ursula found...
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:17 am

August has fun watching his blade part the leather... it isn't flesh, but it'll do for now. Unfortunately, he must have gotten caught up in thinking about cutting other things and doesn't make a lot of progress this turn.
► Show Spoiler
Ursula dons a pair of gloves and gets busy moving the bones with the help of Hiero and Gabe. They notice that the fine etchings or scratch marks can be found on every surface of the bones.

Hiero asks about finding something to light the forge...
"No need for that, dears! Just toss them in and I'll take care of the rest!"

Gabe asks about sleeping arrangements, and where he might find the supplies to build a hammock.
"Those long mounds of moss served past occupants well enough for their recharge cycles, but if you wish to create your own, you might be able to find something suitable in the shelving in the corner. That's where they kept most of the bits and pieces they weren't working on at their benches. Though you'll likely find it pretty picked over... The first lot was pretty clever, and made a bunch of devices out of the best things that were left here... then they turned on each other before fleeing and pursuing each other outside of my control. The last lot wasn't nearly as clever, but they did take the more useful things that were left... but from the screaming, I don't think they made it far, so you might be able to regain some of those things without going to far. Don't get your hopes up too high, but there are some supplies you might be able to use."

Sam keeps plugging away at the lock, managing to get a bit more loose and freed up this turn.
► Show Spoiler

Bunn attempts to loot his workbench for springs, levers and other materials for the project he has in mind... the best he can find is the crowbar. However, he is able to use the quill and ink along with the 'toilet paper' Ursula gave him earlier to work on a sketch of what he wants to build. He listens carefully to what Castlina says about the supplies on the shelves.

Hiero notices a bit of stained, folded parchment stuck in the pool of blood as they move the last of the bones away from his workbench.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:29 am

Sam, happy to be doing something as opposed to being forced to do nothing while thinking about their current predicament, hums quietly to himself becoming somewhat lost in his work as he carefully fiddles and pries at the lock in an effort to remove it.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:27 am

"Castlina, do you know what made these markings on the bones? Were there rats here?"

Gabe takes a closer look at the markings attempting to discern if there's any pattern to them.

► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am

While continuing his work, Auguts will take a look at the scratch marks on the bones, and see if he can discern what caused them.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Ursula will stop piling bones into the forge since people appear to want to look at them, and will instead venture over to the shelves that Castlina mentioned.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 am

Hmm... Bunn Bunn not sure what to do goes over and inspect the shelves... shortly after he will turn around "Well, I'm blank, I need some other things to make this work, can I help any of you?"
if no one specifically ask, Bunn Bunn will inspect the forge Bunn Bunn goes to help remove the lock
-Best regards LAYF