I need contest ideas

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: I need contest ideas

Post by Wolfie » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:02 am

WearsHats wrote:Sounds good.

I was thinking of making fic prompt contests a monthly thing, but an art contest would be good, too. I'm not an artist, though, so I don't think I'm the right one to choose the medium/focus.
I could do it :D

I kinda like the comic panel idea.. since it levels the playing field. Anyone with an internet connection and MS Paint/GIMP/etc can do it.

What ya think?
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 am

What are you thinking of? We used to have the "Fun with out of context panels" thread. Recently resurrected as How I remember this scene... Is that what you had in mind?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:48 am

that's exactly what I had in mind, since there's already an interest in it..
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:05 am

DP b/c it's been 24 hours.

If it doesn't step on your Toes, Wears, I would like to start the Fan Comic contest on Aug 1 and run it for 2-3 weeks, with a poll. Entrants would email me their entries and I would add them to the thread so they'll be anonymous.

Not quite sure what to put up as the prize, other than a custom title (to a non Mod).

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:40 am

Of course not. I don't own boards contests. Be cool to have some more. Badge or something would be cool. Our first contest was for nothing more than bragging rights. But, like I said, I can put my ebook codes up for a prize, too.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:45 am

I'd leave the e-book codes up for the fan fic contests.

And I know you don't own the board contests, but I feel like I'm stepping on your toes. :) Just being silly, I guess.

Editted to add: I've posted the contest and made it global, in case you hadn't seen.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:50 pm

I did see. Nice. You may, however, want to edit the title to let people know that you don't have to be an artist to participate. I know I can't draw, so I probably wouldn't have opened the thread if we hadn't already been talking about it.

► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:23 am

Hmm... well... I have one thing that I'll gladly give to a contest if one of you wants them for prizes... I got the PDF, codes for the two first Goblin e-books and the Hyper Halfling from the Kickstarter, but I already got the two first Goblin books... so I'd gladly give those codes up for a contest... :)
-Best regards LAYF

SuzanneLerner
Remains Silent
UStream Username: SuzanneLerner

Post by SuzanneLerner » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:51 pm

<nothing to see here>

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:03 pm

SuzanneLerner wrote:A contest can be held to do a make over of the characters in goblins and their miniature plastics resemblance can be made to display. Lets see who does the best make over. with brilliant ideas.
details about this
The link does not seem to have to much with miniatures...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

miados
Of Few Words

Post by miados » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:12 am

How about one where we take a single panel (maybe more if there are silent panels for filler) and people fill in what they are saying in an attempt to make it funny and or interesting.

billcowher57
Remains Silent

Post by billcowher57 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:10 am

I have to suggest you that i had also played funny misspelled emails contest on Over Knighted site. This site has really amazing contests to play and also you can win money prizes.