No votes
Submission 7
67%

Total votes: 9

Nerre
Game Master

Re: (Still Open) August Art Contest - Rearrange the Panels

Post by Nerre » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:05 am

I am really looking forward to finally seeing all the contributions before I go into holidays. :)
:zzz:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: (Voting Open) August Art Contest

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:46 am

You know, I'm totally a straight hetero-sexual, happily married man and think that being gay is a sin (granted this is simply my opinion and I choose not to put up a big fuss about it and march through the streets with signs, cause thats stupid <--- another opinion of mine)
► Show Spoiler
.....but, even so, I have to say that I think submission 7 is the best one. Does this make me a hypocrite?

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:19 am

Well, I'm confused...Are there 4 submissions or 7. Is Submission 2 broken up into 4 seperate submissions or is it one big one?

I want to vote for the kissing couple, but don't know whether to vote for 7 or 4.

:? :shrug:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 am

Well, if you click to zoom on the images, there are 7, So...i think there was some confusion. Submission 1 is image 1, Submission 2-5 is image 2, Submission 6 is image 3 and submission 7 is image 4.

Which means:
Voting for 1 is for IMAGE 1
Voting for 2, 3, 4 or 5 is for IMAGE 2
Voting for 6 is for IMAGE 3
Voting for 7 is for IMAGE 4

fifty
Whispers Softly

Post by fifty » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:49 pm

ahh, OK was a bit confusing as to which vote went for which image.. thanks for the explanation BadgeAddict :)
Orbis Terrarum - British swords, sorcery & science - now on DrivethruRPG :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:42 am

Wow. They're all so great.
"I declare my dodge on you!" Hahahahahaha. :D

I'm split between submissions 2 and 4.
Submission 4 could have done without the reference to Russia, but otherwise I love it.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:18 am

I think submission 4 (or 7) was true to itself by making the Russian reference......unless you are suggesting that not all people who support gay rights are uppity pricks, which means not all atheists are religion hating douche-bags and not all Christians are bible-thumping assholes....but whatever....

I'm sorry if I'm seemingly overly controversial or offensive, im having an off week.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:23 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Well, if you click to zoom on the images, there are 7, So...i think there was some confusion. Submission 1 is image 1, Submission 2-5 is image 2, Submission 6 is image 3 and submission 7 is image 4.

Which means:
Voting for 1 is for IMAGE 1
Voting for 2, 3, 4 or 5 is for IMAGE 2
Voting for 6 is for IMAGE 3
Voting for 7 is for IMAGE 4

Actually, I had left 3 open spots for additional submissions and there just happened to be 7 pictures.

Submission 2 is one long submission
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Well, then I humbly apologize for my wrongness...

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Where do you find this comic font? I've always had to resort to cutting and pasting words (and sometimes individual letters) from the actual comic to make remixes...oout takes forever, and it really grumps my style.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Excuse me, Wolfie, I sent you a PM
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Liesmith wrote:Where do you find this comic font? I've always had to resort to cutting and pasting words (and sometimes individual letters) from the actual comic to make remixes...oout takes forever, and it really grumps my style.
According to the main Transcriptions thread, the primary Goblins font is Anime Ace 2, but Not-Walter and some other dramatic flourishes use Deathrattle.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks, WearsHats! I will abuse the hell out of this information!
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:43 am

Thank SpeaksWithMistakes for the information. He originally gave it to the transcriptions team (then the German translation team on the old forum)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am

Now that I returned from my holidays and read through this, I am totally confused. And missed the end of the voting. There are 4 submissions, of which 3 are empty spots, but submission 7 (which is an empty spot) has 66% ? Who did win now? Submission #4 cause people thought it was #7 or #3 cause there is no #7? :shrug:
Take panels from Goblinscomic and rearrange them to make your own comic.
This did sound like a sumission can be any number of panels, so I am confused by one sumission being split into 4 for the voting instead of counting as one submission.

Yes, it's Anime Ace 2, somebody found it out back in the times we did the german translation. :)

Also thumbs up for sumission 4. Russia (government+laws, not the people) is really becoming strange lately. Like the foreplay for some end time movie...
:zzz: