GAL: Q4 - Completed (please move eventually)

For all games that are now over.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Q4 - Completed (please move eventually)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 am

Quarg, that is more a thinks question than for me, however you could try putting them both into the chest and with a chance of getting back a combo item.....

I will add the items to the trapper keeper based on Chucks division, I will also be adding a new tab called Q# Group or...Group of Q4, with any ideas still in limbo or for selling in it, just to keep track, you'll understand when you see it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:56 am

@Quarg - Unless Badge has a specific reason to say otherwise, I'm going to rule that a no. A cloak would be different (it's essentially a neck accessory), but since both wizard's robe's and chainmail are "body armour" it's one or the other I'm afraid.

(ninja'd!)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:58 am

Or see what I can get from the magic box eh?
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:05 am

Or see what you get from the magic box :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 am

Quarg wrote:I think there are a few items currently in Limbo that Gathers wants as her own...
I thought the consensus was that no one cares about the 'credit' except her, and that she doesn't get a pass to print money by selling water or whatever. Walks can get as much 'credit' for that as she wants, but I/Laughs were more likely to give that credit and praise her actions with the ants before the whole 'make sure I get credit, I want everyone to know that I was the one who made it happen' thing. Laughs/I is now tempted to refer to her as Walks, the Ant Whisperer, or Walks with Ants in a sarcastic tone.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:04 am

alright, well, Im not specifically tracking group items, you guys will have to figure out what you want to do with those, and, im gonna roll a d6..with a list of names
1. Laughs
2. Quarg
3. Chuck
4. Synch
5. Soars
6. Gathers

Roll = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4561704/

Congrats Quarg, you get the seemingly worthless wizard slippers....

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:59 am

thinkslogically wrote:Anything you earn from a trophy will be split between the entire returning group unless there's unanimous agreement to reward particular people for some reason (maybe someone was truly heroic or took down a monster solo or something. Again though, it's up to you).
I'm fine with that. An equal share of a reward or glory (if any) is all I wanted for Walks.
If some of you weren't so busy accusing me of being greedy and had actually read my posts (I pointed out twice already that I just misunderstood Chuck's initial post of loot distribution), you would have noticed that I just didn't want the group to hand over the 3 items to become property of the GAL 'for free'. But apparently assuming all kinds of stuff I never wrote and being unfriendly to me was much more fun... :roll:
Quarg wrote:Now then, it was Williams plan to use the water basin to support a brewery and bath house addition to the tavern...for weary members of the GAL...and increase our personal revenues. Especially from Non-GAL visitors...(drinking water will be supplied free of charge)
That's a great idea, I'm fine with that, too. But can the basin please remain property of the group that went on the quest?
I would like Walks to be able to keep using it as long as she lives at the HQ, and not have Savage or anyone else have the right to trade it away, if he feels like it. (E.g. to the trolls that deliver the beer, because they need a fresh water source or whatever.)

Also, I have been PMing with WearsHats (his char has the healing amulet) and badge and TL about an idea I had: PERHAPS trying to combine the endless water basin with the healing amulet, to hopefully end up with a basin of never ending healing potion. The GMs could still limit the amount of potion that is available on each quest by a sudden shortage of suitable containers (e.g. vials) and/or the strength of the healing potion that is produced, and or the amount or healing potion that is produced (e.g. the basin continues to give endless water supply, but only every X days/turns there will be healing potion in it), so it doesn't get too powerful.
Since we all are co-owners of the basin, if I understood it correctly, I wanted to run this idea by you first. (Wears thinks the idea is interesting and he might agree to doing it, if I understood him correctly.)
Also, we might want to try the chest & key out a bit, to see what results are possible, before we decide whether or not we want to risk losing the basin and/or the amulet (as Wears pointed out, we could just end up with an amulet that gives off water, just as easily.)
What do you think of this?

Likewise I would like the chest & key remain property of the quest 4 group. If you guys don't like the idea of the fee, then we don't have to do it. I was just thinking it might be a good way to earn some cash, since we haven't found any during the quest and Ralf is going to want some for his efforts to split the 2 handed shields, if that's possible at all. But with recent developments (badge wrote that we each get 25 Gold from Robert - the guy with the table with wheels for legs), there's no need for that either.
Or we could do it (e.g. charge 0.1 gold per use of the chest) and donate the earnings to rebuild the inn, after the dragon ruins it with his landing, do you like that idea?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:03 pm

My test of: slippers plus stick = Wand of Sleep...

Says that we should not assume at all that water + amulet of healing = some healing liquid...

Also we sort of have the means to get more healing medication already with the mouse chef working on his corpse flowers...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:08 pm

perhaps with some more uses of the chest, you'll gather more numbers and have a better idea of the potential things that the chest can do....I'm being vague on purpose.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:13 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:
Quarg wrote:Now then, it was Williams plan to use the water basin to support a brewery and bath house addition to the tavern...for weary members of the GAL...and increase our personal revenues. Especially from Non-GAL visitors...(drinking water will be supplied free of charge)
That's a great idea, I'm fine with that, too. But can the basin please remain property of the group that went on the quest?
I would like Walks to be able to keep using it as long as she lives at the HQ, and not have Savage or anyone else have the right to trade it away, if he feels like it. (E.g. to the trolls that deliver the beer, because they need a fresh water source or whatever.)
Oh I understand now! I should have clarified: anything you donate to the GAL will remain in the GAL for players to use and admire. I will not have Savage arbitrarily permanently trade away any of your stuff to NPCs without permission from you guys*. I may use them as quest hooks, but I'm not going to randomly steal things from you to sell to other NPCs that I control anyway for imaginary money I can create on a whim. That would be a little too weird. :lol:

* Unless it's breaking the game, but I'll probably give you a heads up on that.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:14 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:perhaps with some more uses of the chest, you'll gather more numbers and have a better idea of the potential things that the chest can do....I'm being vague on purpose.
I don't have that many objects to experiment with there...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 pm

I will not forcibly input my thoughts on whether or not you should charge for using the chest, I will say however, that if you don't charge for the chest, you may find out the statistics faster than if you do charge.

Because, I would rather not pay you for a chance to use the chest if i don't know what the stats are....just saying...

perhaps you could instead charge people a certain amount of gold for lifetime access to it, instead of per use.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:20 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I will not forcibly input my thoughts on whether or not you should charge for using the chest, I will say however, that if you don't charge for the chest, you may find out the statistics faster than if you do charge.

Because, I would rather not pay you for a chance to use the chest if i don't know what the stats are....just saying...

perhaps you could instead charge people a certain amount of gold for lifetime access to it, instead of per use.
Or we could just charge a low price for 'Good' results.... :P
Say 0.1 gold if the object is useful...
No charge if it turns into crap...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:24 pm

I was thinking about that, but i didn't want to be the one who suggested it.....though if you only charged for good results, i would insist that you made it a base price as opposed to changing it based on how good/useful the item was on creation.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:29 pm

@Badge & everyone: This is all players choice as far as I'm concerned and something that can be figured out with experimentation. If charging for the box is something you want to do, then go for it. Let the market (other players) decide if there's a demand for it. If so, good for you; if not, well, you live and learn. As far as I'm concerned, your stuff is your stuff, and this is your game to play however you want. If you want to become traders instead of / as well as adventurers then fire on!

I am going to stop following this thread for updates shortly though, so once you decide what you're planning, please make your actions in the GAL HQ :)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:30 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I was thinking about that, but i didn't want to be the one who suggested it.....though if you only charged for good results, i would insist that you made it a base price as opposed to changing it based on how good/useful the item was on creation.
I was thinking a base price myself...I really wouldn't want to get into arguments about how valuable some object is...

After all how much for a Sleepy Wand? :zzz:

In the right hands quite useful ;) ...in the wrong hands...completely useless... :oops:

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Back in Civ 5, Kelten could have used the sleepy wand on Madmartin in order to have pony babies. :cheer:

and now i've gotten us way way off point..

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:40 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Back in Civ 5, Kelten could have used the sleepy wand on Madmartin in order to have pony babies. :cheer:

and now i've gotten us way way off point..
Pony rape...this forum is becoming more and more robot chicken...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:50 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:perhaps with some more uses of the chest, you'll gather more numbers and have a better idea of the potential things that the chest can do....I'm being vague on purpose.
Which is why I'm holding off and letting someone else be the test guinea pig.

As far as charging for it, the money system doesn't seem worth it. Honestly there is no need to grind and grind and grind in order to get enough gold to buy some ultimate item. Money isn't a big deal. Its more of a casual system. So why complicate things by making people pay? I'd rather not be that anal about money. Besides, people are already giving up their items. I say free to all. Keep it casual.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:45 pm

How is there so much discussion about all this? Jeez.

Loot has been divided up. 3 items left over which we shall see if they're magic at a later stage with the glasses. Anything non-magical we can sell and split the proceeds. All communal items (chest, basin etc) should be free for every goblin to use. Lets have a bit more community spirit, people.

And remember, everyone gets an equal 1/6 of the glory! Although, I am willing to sell my 1/6th of the glory. Any takers?
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:32 pm

I just want a way to monetize our treasure to pay for beer folks!

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Quarg wrote:I just want a way to monetize our treasure to pay for beer folks!
We don't drink for free?! But we're heroes!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:41 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:If some of you weren't so busy accusing me of being greedy and had actually read my posts (I pointed out twice already that I just misunderstood Chuck's initial post of loot distribution), you would have noticed that I just didn't want the group to hand over the 3 items to become property of the GAL 'for free'. But apparently assuming all kinds of stuff I never wrote and being unfriendly to me was much more fun...
It's entirely possibly that I misread and misunderstood your intent, much of that hooplah went down while I was coming off being sick, so may not have been reading as carefully as I should. Personally, I'm not motivated by credit, if other GAL/forum members haven't been following this quest, I don't care if they know the details of who did what, they'll know that we defeated the wizard without any of us dying, and if they want to get the full story from us, they can buy a round of ale. Laughs got his ears from the wizard, and has added to his weaponry and armor, he's a happy goblin. He'd likely sell his 1/6th of glory to the highest bidder as well.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:00 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:If some of you weren't so busy accusing me of being greedy and had actually read my posts (I pointed out twice already that I just misunderstood Chuck's initial post of loot distribution), you would have noticed that I just didn't want the group to hand over the 3 items to become property of the GAL 'for free'. But apparently assuming all kinds of stuff I never wrote and being unfriendly to me was much more fun...
I wasn't accusing you of greed sorry, I was accusing you of being narcissistic and vainglorious.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Synch wrote:
Quarg wrote:I just want a way to monetize our treasure to pay for beer folks!
We don't drink for free?! But we're heroes!
Nope...that's how Savage makes us earn our keep!

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr