For all games that are now over.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 41

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Turn 41

"Stop Fighting! This is unnecessary. William can you do something!"
"Back off you bloodly fool!"

William zaps Solomon with the last charge in his wand of slumber, but he's not fast enough to stop the two of them from fighting. Drinks hits Solomon hard with his axe, but Solomon is stronger and hits Drinks hard again, knocking him to 0HP! Drinks has shuffled off his mortal coil and is now an ex-goblin.

Drinks is now the second casualty of the GAL and this apparently extremely dangerous dungeon. Solomon, stunned by the sleep spell, slumps back to the floor and reels in confusion.

Back upstairs, Walks decides to get the hell out of here.

"What is done is done. Don't beat yourself up about it, but try to do better in the future. Perhaps you could at least mention that the pool isn't safe to swim in, next time?"

Her advice is met with renewed howls of sorrow from the little ferryman.

"But... Why would anyone - .... Oh never mind. It honestly never occurred to us that anyone would ever WANT to try swimming in that disgusting pool. Seemed like overkill to actually warn folk. But hey ho, now we know."
"Also, do you think you could ferry me across, please? I will pay with the ring, if it is all the same to you."
<sigh> "Hold on. Lucky for you I can paddle this thing myself!"

The ferryman paddles over, accepts Walks's ring in payment and gives her a Return Ferry Ticket in exchange.

"I'm going to assume I don't need to tell you to keep your hands INSIDE the raft."

Walks finally reaches the far bank. Cautiously, she moves into the next area....

And finds herself clear of the dungeon! A little path leads onwards to the Druidess's hut, where she should be able to finally get the supplies they came here for!

--------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Congratulations Gathers! Walks has made it through the main part of the dungeon! If you want to carry on and visit the druidess / healer, you can do that here.
@Quarg / Patdragon: If you guys particularly want to visit the druidess, you'll need to cross the pond as well.
@All: If you want to hang around and deal with any unfinished business in this particular dungeon (e.g. making a safe path for other GAL members) you are very welcome to do so.

INVENTORIES

.[tabs: Walks]

Stats:
ATT: 3 (axe) / 2 (bow)
DEF: 1
HP: 2/6

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Skull
  • Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Return Ferry Ticket
[tabs: William]

Stats:
ATT: 3
DEF: 3
HP: 4/5

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
  • LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic), currently full of Mystery Mushroom Spores
  • Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 1/3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)
[tabs: Righteous]

Stats: DECEASED

Items:
  • Solomon's whistle: Golden.
  • Scorpion Blade: +2ATT, 25% chance to poison an enemy. 1H dagger.
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1H, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • 2-handed shield (+1 DEF)
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down) [re-activates on turn 48]
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • Empty pouch: x3
  • Pouch of mushroom spores

[tabs: Drinks]

Stats:
DECEASED!

Items:
  • Ring of Transmogrification: Transforms the wearer
  • Simple Axe (+1 ATT) (1-handed)
  • Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
[tabs: Forges]

Stats:
DEF: 2
HP: 4/6

Items:
  • Rope
  • Human? bones: Taken from 2 skeletons
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • Preserved Human Ear Necklace
  • A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
  • 3 important looking letters
  • "My first wand" wand
  • Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
  • 3 books of Evil Badness
  • Mace (+2 ATT)(1-handed)
  • Leather Jerkin (+1 DEF)
[/tabs]

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:03 pm

The ghost of the goblin known as Drinks will stay and hunt Solomon forever...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:40 pm

kida wrote:The ghost of the goblin known as Drinks will stay and hunt Solomon forever...
Hah! Fair enough :) And the next quest in the GAL will be brought to you by Solomon, who desperately needs someone to help with an exorcism :P

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
kida wrote:The ghost of the goblin known as Drinks will stay and hunt Solomon forever...
Hah! Fair enough :) And the next quest in the GAL will be brought to you by Solomon, who desperately needs someone to help with an exorcism :P
:lol:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:10 pm

William decides that since this dungeon has taken out two lives of his fellows he will first climb back up and assist Forges in getting back across or leaving...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Welcome to the statue club kida. Although I haven't seen a statue for you yet. Maybe TL was only planning on killing me and wasn't prepared to make you a statue?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:10 am

Walks sighs at the comment of the ferryman. "Well, actually I fell into a pool of acid before, so no matter how mucky this water is, a chance to wash off the residues of that would still have been an improvement." She soothingly pats the shoulder of the sobbing one and offers him a comforting hug, if he wants it.
She decides to stick around and wait for William and Forges, if they plan on coming with her. Only if they have no intention in joining her, she'll move onto the druidess' place.

OOC: Did we get a way of PAYING for the stuff we're supposed to buy, too, or will the involved parties handle that, like with the beer quest?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 am

OOC: It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the Barman gave you all his savings to do this quest and bring back a cure.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:29 am

ooc: Good thing drinks and Righteous weren't carrying the cash then....
Debating what to do here...got this far and kinda wanna see the druid, but i'm limited on trading options...
so lets see if i can convince them for a free trip across if not, might be worth joining forces William and see if we can take on the left over bugs and open the chest or go back to mushroom spore harvesting..

Forges heads right and calls to the ferrymen still a little sad but his resolve almost set on seeing who they came to see or at least gaining something other than some dead rats on this trip.

"Erm I know this might not be the best time to say this but... I did over hear you a while back saying this is the safest ferry in this swamp and you have a money back guaranty. Well we've already lost person to this crossing, so would you mind if the ring my friend gave you was good enough for a 2 for 1 deal to get me across as well. Plus I don't really have anything I can part with or that you would want unless I can actually give you some money, by the way if you trade in things do you have any things for sale or trade."
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 am

Well, same goes for me really...but I'm likely going to try and recover the ropes at least...we need those...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 42

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:57 am

Turn 42

William climbs back up to the top of the ladder, while Solomon remains seated, apparently stunned and drooling. Since he doesn't try to cross, Forges tosses his end of the rope back to William and goes right to chat to the ferrymen.

Walks returns to the dungeon and pats the sobbing ferryman on the shoulder while she waits for the others to appear.

"Well, actually I fell into a pool of acid before, so no matter how mucky this water is, a chance to wash off the residues of that would still have been an improvement."
"Well, we didn't know THAT either!"

"Erm I know this might not be the best time to say this but... I did over hear you a while back saying this is the safest ferry in this swamp and you have a money back guaranty. Well we've already lost person to this crossing, so would you mind if the ring my friend gave you was good enough for a 2 for 1 deal to get me across as well. Plus I don't really have anything I can part with or that you would want unless I can actually give you some money, by the way if you trade in things do you have any things for sale or trade."
"It IS the safest ferry in this swamp! Your friend was... lost... while trying to swim, which was really nothing to do with our ferry... However, I am a businessman, and your friend did mention that you lot were from some Goblin Adventurer's League. If you agreed to send all your future business with the Healer past us at the normal price, I'm sure we could let you across today on a "2 for 1". Sound good?

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Welcome to the statue club kida. Although I haven't seen a statue for you yet. Maybe TL was only planning on killing me and wasn't prepared to make you a statue?
So you've made a few comments along these lines in more than one of my games and I wanted to make something explicitly clear, for everyone's benefit:

I do not plan the deaths of any PC.

I set up rooms, assign stats & mechanics to the stuff inside and then leave you guys to deal with it however you want. There is no favouritism and I don't cheat to screw you over. I go out of my way to make sure these games are run fairly for everyone who plays. In fact, I'm actually more likely to lean the other way to avoid random deaths. However, I'm not going to pull my punches if you guys trigger something dangerous. If it leads to a PC death, well, that's just the dangers of being an adventurer, right?

Drink's "statue" didn't get made because my RL world is really busy at the moment and I didn't have time before. It is on its way to the HQ now.

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Skull
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Return Ferry Ticket

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic), currently full of Mystery Mushroom Spores
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 1/3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down) [re-activates on turn 48]
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:
DECEASED!

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • Rope
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:08 am

William recovers the rope then empties his robe full of spores down on Soloman...."Here you go Sol old buddy old pal..." Hopefully you'll be insane enough to go down that damn passage...

William will then go back towards the mushroom room...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:05 am

► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:26 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:23 am

"Sounds good enough to me"

Forges goes across to the other side to see walks and the druid.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:27 am

Walks gives the distraught ferryman one last comforting pat on his shoulder and proceeds to the druidess with Forges.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 43

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Turn 43

"Here you go Sol old buddy old pal..."

William dumps his cloak full of spores onto Solomon, who visibly reels from the effects. He topples over onto the ground and twitches...

Then, he heads back to the mushroom room. Finally, the spore cloud appears to have settled out. If they're going to clear a usable path through to the Healer from the GAL, someone is probably going to need to get rid of these things...

"Sounds good enough to me"

Forges agrees to the ticket price and heads out to visit the Druidess with Walks.

---------------------------------------

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Skull
  • Return Ferry Ticket

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic)

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:
DECEASED!

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • Rope
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:36 pm

William carefully navigates to the first mushroom without touching the other mushrooms again and collects any remaining sleeping spores storing them in the chest for later retrieval.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Forges keeps fluctuating between saddened and angry because of the deaths but ends up being a little excited when they enter the druids.

"Ah ha druid healer I presume. We've had a hell of a time getting here, lets hope you can help us. We have a goblin who was extremely injured and is just not healing right, our magical token was only just keeping him stable so we think something very serious is wrong, maybe it was the strange weapon that harmed him. Can you help us? We can't lose another goblin on this quest."
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Walks walks into the hut after Forges, bows and says "Greetings, druidess." if the need arises, she describes the wounds and/or weapons (that caused the wounds) of the injured goblin to the best of her knowledge. If the healer still can't make heads or tails of that, she'll humbly ask if a house call would be possible.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 44

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Turn 44

William VERY carefully creeps past the mushrooms and VERY carefully harvests some of the sleep-inducing spores from the left-hand one. He starts to feel a little light-headed, but manages to hold it together.

"Greetings, druidess."
"Ah ha druid healer I presume. We've had a hell of a time getting here, lets hope you can help us. We have a goblin who was extremely injured and is just not healing right, our magical token was only just keeping him stable so we think something very serious is wrong, maybe it was the strange weapon that harmed him. Can you help us? We can't lose another goblin on this quest."

The druidess blinks in surprise at having two unexpected visitors and doesn't say anything for a really long time.

"Right. Yes. Well. Um... Right. If you don't know the poison, then the best I can do is a general restorative. It should work fine unless it's something really unusual, but I don't suppose it's likely that your patient has come into contact with Celatran sand spiders lately and that's really the only thing that might be contraindicative to this particular remedy. The patient HASN'T come into contact with Celatran sand spiders has he? No of course he hasn't. That would be ridiculous. Very low probability. Mind and check though. Right. Here you go then. That'll be 10 GP. Oh, and if he HAS contacted Celatran sand spiders I would be very interested in an ecological report. Not that it is likely. Not at all. Still, it would be very interesting."

The druidess turns away from the goblins and starts leafing through one of her many, many books.

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Skull
  • Return Ferry Ticket

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic): Contains sleep spores.

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:
DECEASED!

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • Rope
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:49 pm

William realizes that he needs the damn rope that he left back there at Soloman's hole and goes very very carefully back there to collect the rope...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:40 pm

Forges wonders briefly to himself who the little guy ran to to get help if not the druid as her reaction was not for expecting anyone, maybe she has a short memory.

"umm Thank you mam....one other thing, while we're here do you have anything that removes curses. I was cursed with this wooden ear and i have two friends that were cursed to turn into some form of badger if they drink mud-honey and we met this guy in the tunnel who seems only to be able to speak lies. None of these are very serious mind, I mean we can all live full lives if we don't find a curse remover, but I thought i'd ask anyway. Plus do you sell any other things we have an adventuring guild near by that might be interested in doing business from time to time "

ooc: the barman gave us 16gp i think so that leaves 6 to split between the surviving three.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:23 am

So: I am heading off to a teeny Scottish island tomorrow to teach on a fieldwork course. I am hoping that I'll be able to get an update done tomorrow morning for you, because you guys are basically finished here and it would be good to let you head back to the GAL HQ in the meantime if you want to.

Anyway, for the next 2 weeks it's likely that I'm going to have fairly sporadic access to the internet. I'll update if and when I can, but I don't know how much work I'm going to need to do in the evenings yet. If it's a relaxed group of students it should be fine; if they're stressy and want tons of help... maybe not so much. We shall see what happens!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 45

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:33 am

Turn 45

William VERY carefully creeps back past the mushrooms again and goes and retrieves his rope. Solomon looks like he's out for the count.

"umm Thank you mam....one other thing, while we're here do you have anything that removes curses. I was cursed with this wooden ear and i have two friends that were cursed to turn into some form of badger if they drink mud-honey and we met this guy in the tunnel who seems only to be able to speak lies. None of these are very serious mind, I mean we can all live full lives if we don't find a curse remover, but I thought i'd ask anyway. Plus do you sell any other things we have an adventuring guild near by that might be interested in doing business from time to time."

"Hmmmm? Oh? That's interesting."

The druidess leans in and prods Forges's ear.

"Looks like a fairly standard transmogrification curse to me. Unfortunately, it's not within my realms of expertise to fix. I could chop it off and patch you up good as new if you like, but'll you need to find a cleric for curse removals if you want it reversed. Same for the mud-honey thing I imagine. I don't suppose you would be able to bring me a sample by any chance? I've often heard of mudhoney's strange properties but never managed to get my hands on any.

... Was there anything else?"

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Skull
  • Return Ferry Ticket

Stats:

Items:
  • Rope
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic): Contains sleep spores.

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:
DECEASED!

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • Rope
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]