GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:56 pm

A set of chain covered in leather scales could work. As far as gold, Moric promised a purse of gold upon completion with bonuses for extra silk, if you wanted to track him down and see about collecting... ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:30 pm

I'll throw Leaves copper blades into the lot to be sold to Mantagar and add it into the pool for group gold.

Ok so how about a plan for loot? I propose, everyone selects the items they want in order, both magical and mundane. (Lets say 3 for now.) Then we do first round of loot and everyone gets the item they want first, or in the case of two people with the same we roll off. Then second round, then third and so on.

Leaves

Magical Items:
1. Ring of Swift Slaying.
2. Invisibility cloak
3. Fever dirk.

Mundane items:
1. Muddy black leathers
2. Black Thieves shoes
3. Stinky silk.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:16 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Epilogue

Mantagar has a look at the bronze daggers and blades they have collected. "Lets see, fourteen of the small blades, and six daggers. Scrap weight isn't a whole lot on them, I could probably do six gold?"

"Steals, I might be able to upgrade that heavy chain further if I had the material to apply steel scales over top of it. The lighter chain Remedy is wearing will be improved by leather scales, but it wouldn't gain you much on yours. If you can provide the metal to fashion the scales from, and some gold, I could certainly do that for you. If you don't have it now, we could always consider it a future project."
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

.[tabs:Costa]
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]

► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Synch wrote:Ok so how about a plan for loot? I propose, everyone selects the items they want in order, both magical and mundane. (Lets say 3 for now.) Then we do first round of loot and everyone gets the item they want first, or in the case of two people with the same we roll off. Then second round, then third and so on.
Sorry Synch, but I don't like this method. While most chars brough several magical items into this quest, all my char had was a tapestry rod. In my first and only mission before this epic one, I only got a long metal staff, nothing else.
I got lucky and have a lot now, yes, but I also started with almost nothing (except the borrowed axe - thanks again), so I don't see why the distribution should only be fair within this quest, and not overall.

There are two Items I want to keep. The first is the amulet, which would be the same as asking Asks to hand away Bloodsong. It is too deep connected with the char, and she got it so early it feels like 2-3 quests ago. The second item is the dirk. I did hope for an armor or weapon upgrade all through the quest, as I either had to use the berserk axe without any amor - until the amulet showed up - or use the most basic iron sword which almost dealt no damage. The axe did good damage, but also made Remdy kind of reckless to a degree where she almost didn't listen to me as her player. ;)
So I am really happy with the dagger now, which I can use together with a shield.
We can talk about the rest, but I don't like to "get ordered" to hand off things cause somebody calls dibs faster after a majority voted for a system, for which I did't vote. Feels too passive-agressive. I am sure we can sort it out without any system by just talking and balancing.

Sure, I could throw my shield in with the cloak into the random-cube, hoping for a blur-shield. Or do the same with the chainmail instead. But I see it is better of in the hands of our rogue-like-chars, as Remedy as a tank is unlikely to profit from being hard to see. By the way: the cloak doesn't make you invisible. Just a bit blurry. I think Spider made the effect based on this effect: (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blur.htm)
The orbs with the blood will be thrown in the next campfire, as Ormila highly recommended, so take them out. The Glass sphere maybe could be used with a ranged weapon like bow. But with bad luck it could turn out as a glass bow. So maybe we should use it more as a spell-equivalent item for our mage-like-chars.
You see, no need to call dibs. Just asks and talk.

The prismatic snakes - I would like to use those to craft my Leather Scaled Chainshirt. Maybe it will add some "damage of <kind> when hit" effect. The indigo adds insanity, which is not good for melee effects, so I will only use yellow (acid) and orange (electricity). Somebody could try to boost his bow with the insanity snake skin. Driving an enemy insane might result in him attacking his own people or himself with some luck or making him flee. But only good for ranged I think. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/confusion.htm)

Amber and Scale Necklace (strong) => Remedy
Wicked Looking Dirk: +2 ATT, chance to bypass DEF, plus a low to moderate enchantment => Remedy
Dark Cloak (low to moderate) => whoever needs it most.
Glass Sphere: Point it at an enemy and will it to hurt them (very strong) => whoever needs it most.
Four orbs of blood on a string (moderate) => destruction
Yellow, Orange and Indigo Prismatic snake corpses - Fangs contain natural magic that matches color => indigo: whoever needs it most. => yellow, orange: Remedy
:zzz:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:38 pm

Nerre wrote: Sorry Synch, but I don't like this method. While most chars brough several magical items into this quest, all my char had was a tapestry rod. In my first and only mission before this epic one, I only got a long metal staff, nothing else.
I got lucky and have a lot now, yes, but I also started with almost nothing (except the borrowed axe - thanks again), so I don't see why the distribution should only be fair within this quest, and not overall.

There are two Items I want to keep. The first is the amulet, which would be the same as asking Asks to hand away Bloodsong. It is too deep connected with the char, and she got it so early it feels like 2-3 quests ago. The second item is the dirk. I did hope for an armor or weapon upgrade all through the quest, as I either had to use the berserk axe without any amor - until the amulet showed up - or use the most basic iron sword which almost dealt no damage. The axe did good damage, but also made Remdy kind of reckless to a degree where she almost didn't listen to me as her player. ;)
So I am really happy with the dagger now, which I can use together with a shield.
We can talk about the rest, but I don't like to "get ordered" to hand off things cause somebody calls dibs faster after a majority voted for a system, for which I did't vote. Feels too passive-agressive. I am sure we can sort it out without any system by just talking and balancing.
I don't see the problem here. If we all put a ranking of what items we want, and we go round by round, everyone is going to get an equal amount, which only seems fair.
Secondly, if you put amulet as your #1 and the dirk as your #2, you're more than likely in line to get them. I don't have either as my #1 or #2, so you've got no objections from me. As I've said, my #1 and #2 are my ring and the cloak. I've just never been fully comfortable with the Finders Keepers rule, it seems silly that whoever 'loots the room' first gets to keep whatever they grabbed. Especially if you're in a timezone where you naturally end up posting last.

But anyways, happy to go with talking and balancing. Whatever works.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:43 pm

((It's only the fangs that hold residual snake effects, and trigger on striking something, so less useful on armor...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:07 pm

I thought you could somehow apply it to the item cause of the minor magic nature. Hm.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:22 pm

PS: Would it work to put them on the shield as spikes? Maybe surrounded by a bit of metal so they don't break during the first use?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm

They could be affixed to a shield, but generally would not be contacting your enemy, unless you are forgoing it's defensive use to use it as a weapon.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Wait Nerre, I didn't read your post properly. Are you actually implying that you started with less so you should get more? Is that right?
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:40 pm

I wrote something long but then the forum session got lost. Well, here again in short.

You said
Synch wrote:But anyways, happy to go with talking and balancing. Whatever works.
Stick with it. If you want the dirk, TALK and say it but don't try to use some equivocator methods to make me seem the unfair one. It is withing limits fairer to allow chars to catch up than just to share everything evenly all the time. Almost every game concept I know includes that for a good reason.
This is the same as "should the rich pay more taxes?". Yes, they should within limits, cause it is fair to allow people to catch up. Have you every run a game as GM with very imbalanced chars? You can eithe create mobs that onehit the weak so the strong get a challenge, or run the game in peace of cake mode. I faintly remember that the power level of the players should be kept at bay and be balanced to avoid such a situation.

It's not my fault I only got in a short loot-free prequel GAL quest. First the dice abandoned me, then it was the other forum-problem which kept me out of the game. This is the first real GAL quest I could play during all those years I am in this forum. You complain about fair loot splitting? I complain about fair participation-distribution. There are several kinds of fairness, but you currently stubbornly only advocate one!
Sorry that I do not trust the dice and your ill-conceived idea. We still would have to pick in turns during the suggested rounds, cause items only exist once, and I just don't want to risk ending up last again. Your system - especially if everybody makes the full 1-2-3 list in advance - could end up with some people getting nothing of their list while others would get everything. There are items only 1 or 2 want, while others are interessting for everybody. This is why I suggested talking it out. I agree on not liking the Finders Keepers, and I was forced to play against my normal roleplaying behaviour. Normally, I only loot after a battle. Or pick up a weapon if I lost mine at most. So how about just posting priority lists instead of stubbornly discussing the method of distribution? Then we talk about the lists and see where it leads us.
You wrote you are always behind cause you are from NZ. I got the same problem cause I'm in germany. Since I am in the forum, only a small part of the day overlaps with the majority which is US if I go to bed before midnight. Actually, I am even behind you, cause my day starts after yours.

Snych, I like you, but right now you giving me a hard time.
Like a politian, words but no action. Post a list, tell us what you want. I will do it too.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:54 pm

((I thought you guys were going to get everything ID'd before you fought over who got what?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:58 pm

(I did, but Synch just cannot let the topic go, and I did not want to let his implication stay there without objection)

Here is my list as an example, sorted by priority:
magical:
Amber and Scale Necklace (strong)
Wicked Looking Dirk: +2 ATT, chance to bypass DEF, plus a low to moderate enchantment
Runed Leather Gloves (moderate aura) (if the effect fits to Remedy)
Chain Shirt (moderate aura)
Ring of Swift Slaying (if the effect fits to Remedy)
Yellow, Orange Prismatic snake corpses

Mundane:
light chainmail to craft the +2 def scale chainmail
cone helmet

I could go to 2H tank with enough DEF, but not with the berserker axe, as it costs too much DEF for the ATK it grants. And the normal mace is too weak. Won't trade away shield and feaver enchant only to end up with the same ATK. Wish I had Echo Mace. Then I would not care much about the dirk. Does your dual wielding say anything like "daggers only"? Or could you use the rapier for one of the hands? It is a dexterity weapon after all in D&D.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:32 pm

The reason why I'm trying to be clear about this is that I got shafted in my last quest because we decided to do "Finders Keepers" and got one item because I always posted last due to time zone. I loaned that one item to you. So in fact, I started this game with NO magical items, and you started with one (mine.) Hows that for disadvantaged?!

I think you don't understand my concept. Theres no way someone will end up with no items. Lets say both you and I wanted the dirk in Round 1. If we roll off and I lose, then I get the second item on my list in Round 1. And so on. So in Round 1, regardless of what happens, everyone gets a magical item.

Anyways, I wasn't dictating. It was a proposed idea. You are the one who had a hissy-fit about your amulet being yours and writing a lengthy whinging reply. You blame me about "not letting the topic go" but you're the one who keeps replying and complaining.

Whatever, I'm over it. Jesus, all I tried to do was propose a fair system. Someone allocate me loot, I'll stay out of this. Nerre seems to have an idea about how it should all go.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:47 pm

:tfacepalm:

Perhaps I should have stepped in a bit more early on? I just don't feel like it's my place to tell you who gets what, nor should I have to... Had I allowed you perfect knowledge of everything (ie, given you IDs on items as you found them), it would be easier for you to have lobbied for certain items from the start, but I prefer the RP aspect of finding a magical item and not knowing what exactly it does.

All that being said, I am providing my thoughts on items below, none of which are intended to be mandates from the GM, just observations from a spectator with a bit more knowledge about what it is you have on your hands.

Skeletal Arm Wand - Costa currently has it, I don't think it particularly fits any of the character's backstories, so he's as good an owner as any, and its the only magical item he's picked up this quest.

Amber and Scale Necklace - Remedy has worn it the majority of the quest, from a certain perspective, it fulfills the name her clan's Teller gave her at birth of "Remedies the Pain", and while it would be equally applicable to any character mechanics wise, I don't see that it really is a better fit for anyone else.

Light Armor and conical helmet - current plan seems to be to upgrade and size these for Remedy?

Fever Dirk - A strong weapon to be sure, but I feel like it's a bit of a dubious thematic fit for Remedy... if she's pursuing a goal of becoming a healer, a weapon that CAUSES people she stabs to become sick seems like it's sending her down a dark path. If that's where you want her to end up, that's a different matter, just from the background for your character, I saw her as going for more of the tank/protector/healer route.

Dark Cloak - As suggested, it isn't a cloak of invisibility, the rogue vanishing into the woods was an inherent ability of his own, and while similar, not exactly the same as the blur effect. Flavorwise, it pulls the shadows around the wearer, making it harder to hit them.

Glass Sphere - While a quite powerful damage dealing item (think of it as similar to a wand in its use), without revealing its nature, it's not a strong thematic fit to any of the goblins, though would be able to potentially be used to good effect by any wielder.

Four blood orbs on a string - Only really good for someone who wants to be able to cast touch ranged spells on Mantagar, All, Steals or Leaves at any distance.

Prismatic Snake fangs (all colors) - of limited use on their own, but do have color-themed magic effects. If applied to a weapon where the fangs would strike, they would have an effect... a skilled magic user may be able to utilize the fangs for their magic in other ways... (I don't know the rules for the combo cube, but that may be a possibility too).

Elegant Rapier - A non-magical, but well made blade that would be an upgrade for either Remedy or Leaves (and Mines, but not a good thematic fit for a Dawnstar follower?, and doesn't improve All, Steals or Costa).

Flasks of Healing Booze - Usable by anyone, perhaps the best thematic fit to Steals?

Chain Shirt - (the one All is wearing), a good item for any character, seems to have triggered an effect when the wearer is struck, so someone who is drawing melee hits from enemies would benefit the most.

Runed Leather Gloves - best fit would be to Mines or All, and while he would benefit more, that is mostly due to All being better equipped already.

Mother's Twisted Staff - seems to make enemies sick, and/or attack their allies. Usable by anyone, but not likely to replace primary weapons for anyone. If Remedy is going the dark voodoo route that has been alluded to, might be a good fit for her.

Elf Thrall's Wooden Staff - Currently would only be useful to Mines or Steals.

Green, Pink, Blue, Grey Potions - varied effects, none that are tight thematic ties to any of the character backstories, but may have general use or sale value.

Healing potions, mudhoney - everyone can use healing potions, everyone except Costa can use mudhoney...

Muddy Black Leathers - The bonus +1 against melee is flavored on various straps and reinforcing bits supporting dodging movements that would overbalance one otherwise. As the sneaky sort, Leaves is a good fit, enough that I don't think it would warrant someone else having them instead.

Ring of Swift Slaying - Mechanic fit to anyone who kills enemies, and while arguably stronger with a single, higher ATT weapon rather than dual wield (which, keep in mind, other GMs may not allow), Leaves has had it since the beginning, and I don't see someone else having a better thematic fit to it.

Wrap of the Swamp Witch - Occasionally prevents damage and heals, so usable by anyone. If Leaves keeps his Black Leathers, they occupy both body and legs slots... I allowed the wrap to occupy the waist slot, but other GMs may feel different, and rule that as essentially a skirt, that it would be a legs item, rather than being able to wear it over top. Without invoking clothing gender norms, the best fit otherwise might be to Mines, as it has a chance to prevent damage to him and give heals that would free up his heal casting for helping allies?

Ring of Identification - usable by anyone, though the regaining of 0/1 HP after the HP reduction ends would make it easiest for Mines to use as he has the ability to heal the damage (or, make sure you're questing with him or someone else who can heal). However, that's not a great fit to his theme. Remedy, assuming she has the Scale Amulet, would be able to make decent use of it... while the amulet didn't prevent the damage, as Nerre noted, she does seem to occasionally heal on her own...

Knobbed Mace - A solid weapon for someone looking to go with a 2-hand weapon, doesn't improve for All, Steals or Costa, not a good thematic fit for Leaves, may work for a Remedy Tank... may work for Mines (though that would give Wears a "knobbed mace" in GAL and SCH :lol: ), or could possibly be sold/comboed.

Black Chainshirt - current plan seems to be modifying this to fit Steals? If so, I'd recommend the Steel-Reinforced Leather Armor going to Costa, as he's basically naked except for a sheath and a currently non-functional sword.

Dwarf's Pendant - No thematically better fits to warrant Steals not retaining it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:46 pm

A possible distribution... or at least a starting point to get this resolved?

Costa - Skeletal Arm Wand, Reinforced Leather Armor, Glass Sphere

Remedy - Amber and Scale Necklace, Leather Scale Chain, Conical Helmet, Mother's Staff, Rapier

All - Magic Chainshirt, Runed Leather Gloves

Leaves - Ring of Swift Slaying, Dark Cloak, Black Leathers, Fever Dirk

Steals - Flasks of Healing Booze, Scaled Black Chain, Dwarf's Pendant

Mines - Ring of Identification, Elf Thrall's Staff, Leather Wrap, Knobbed Mace

Destroy: Blood Orbs

Generally distribute:
Prismatic Fangs ?
Potions and Mudhoney ? (or All keeps?)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:27 am

Sorry everyone, particularly bad day at work where boss humiliated me publicly, which did badly for my mood.

If you want the dirk Nerre I can swap for the rapier. You wanted it secondly, and Spider has proposed two items I like already.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:43 am

Nervermind than. Happens to all of us.
I have an idea: We could use some of the prismatical fangs on the rapier and see if it turns it into a magical weapon. If it does and both would be magical, I would not mind you taking the dirk and we could stick with Spiders suggestion with Remedy getting the rapier.
Could turn the weapon for example
Into this prismatic rapier (+2 ATK. Adds either fire, electricity or poison damage with equal chances)

PS: I ment to combine it in the combo cube and hope for the best.
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:46 am

PS: I just read this:
"Four blood orbs on a string - Only really good for someone who wants to be able to cast touch ranged spells on Mantagar, All, Steals or Leaves at any distance."

We could only burn the Mantagar orb and give the other three to our healer. Then he could heal 3 of us even if he is elsewhere. ;)
Or we stick with burning them. Should be up to All, Steals and Leaves. It's their blood.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:17 am

(He'd have to be in the same quest, couldn't have Mines sitting in HQ spam healing the orbs... ;) ... If they get into the wrong hands, however.... That could be bad. )
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Final Epilogue)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:05 am

((If that's close enough for a preliminary distribution, we can call it fine and send you back to HQ. Nikohl indicated to me out of forum that it's fine, Theis didn't seem to have any major wants or needs that haven't been addressed, and Mines was happy with whatever as long as he got his rope. Asks hasn't popped back in, so I'm assuming he's fine with whatever, as long as he gets Bloodsong back (defense was his biggest need, and he'd be getting that). If the two of you are good for now (the rapier/dirk could be considered pending if you want, and you can sort it out later), and Theis is ok with things, you lot can get back to the HQ before the bard is gone.))

Because I don't want to go through figuring out which leather/metal is contributed to upgrade the armor, Ormila realizes that she dropped a tree on a henchman a while ago, and has some broken and crumpled metal and leather armor that is of no good for anything else but scrap, and she gives it to Mantagar to use.

Mantagar thanks her for the meal, takes some measurements, grabs the chainshirts and helmet, materials from Ormila and bids you all farewell. He promises to visit in a few weeks with Costa and Ormila.

He has an uneventful journey back to his forge, where he finds the goblin and pup playing in the grass. Together they grab the bowl and blade and head into the woods, eventually arriving at the yellow leaved plant that the minotaur had described. They carefully collect a bowl of leaves, being certain not to get the flesh corrosive sap on themselves and return to the forge. As they unwrap Bloodsong from her linens, her muffled screaming grows louder.

"...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."

They notice that where once there was a only a jagged patch of troll skin close to the hilt of the blade, and the rest had been dangling viscera that the blade had fused with, the blade was now sheathed in troll flesh that was covered by a pebbly green skin. Indeed, if Remedy were to inspect the patch of troll hide she'd collected, she would also notice that it was now covered on all sides by newly grown skin.

The minotaur and goblin form the clay into a sheath around both blade and troll flesh, and pack the inside with the yellow leaves, the troll flesh developing pock marks where the sap contacts it. Closing the clay off in front of the hilt, but leaving a vent hole to release gasses, they sword wrapped in troll, wrapped in leaves, wrapped in clay out to harden overnight. Thankfully, with clay around the blade and wrapping linens back around her hilt, much of the screaming is muffled. The next day, with the clay hardened, Mantagar gently stokes up his forge and kiln fires the clay sheath. As the heat penetrates, fire hardening the clay into ceramic, the leaves react further with the troll flesh, and a noxious yellow green vapor jets from the vent hole and up the chimney. Eventually it ceases, and the minotaur removes the blade from the forge, laying her across the anvil to cool. The screaming has stopped, replaced instead with quiet sobbing, that elicits a matching cry from Costa, who doesn't like to see his life partner in pain.

When the clay has cooled, the minotaur hands Costa a smaller forging hammer and grips the hilt to hold it still for the goblin, giving him a nod to swing away. It takes a few blows, but the ceramic shatters and falls to either side of the anvil. The blade and the inside of the ceramic sheath is covered with blackened charred goo, but a swipe of a rag reveals shining metal underneath. Sobbing with relief, Costa drops the hammer and cradles the blade in his arms, rocking her back and forth and mumbling about how sorry he was, and what a good job she did. His tears become a stream when he finally hears her voice able to speak words, she assures him that she would do anything for him, and an eternity fused to nasty troll flesh wouldn't be too long if it meant keeping him safe. Mantagar leaves a clean rag and some oil for the goblin to clean and tend to the blade once they've finished their reunion, and takes a walk in the woods with the pup.

In a series of montage shots over the next few weeks, Costa reestablishes his bond with his blade, she's not come out of the experience unscarred, but it seems that most of the damage seems to be psychological rather than physical. He does what he can to reassure her and make her feel safe, and there does seem to be some improvement, though her mood swings much more wildly than before her troll encounter. When he is not tending to his blade, the goblin serves as an apprentice to the minotaur blacksmith, helping him in the commissioned work for his questing companions. Mantagar fills him in on everything he missed, the squirrels chasing the others, the swarm of mosquitoes, working their way through the webs, Moric's shadiness, the henchmen arriving and the final battle with the spiders and druid on their side. Eventually they finish what work they can, both the custom items and a few others that Mantagar has the supplies for, and they load up the cart in preparation of the trip back to the GAL.

Costa suggests that there might be some less well equipped members that might still be able to make use of the crude arms and armor that the minotaur had acquired from the hoppers and thralls, so they leave that in the cart, loading it up with the blacksmith's sharpening wheel and the gear they'd worked on. Before they leave, Mantagar hands the goblin a cloth wrapped bundle.

"This was my hammer when I was an apprentice smith...I... I want you to have it. I know you've got a life of adventure, rather than smithing ahead of you, but hopefully you find it useful."

Costa unwraps the Apprentice Blacksmith's Hammer and thanks his large friend, who seems to be struggling with his emotion, resorting to "C'mon, lets get going."
► Show Spoiler
As the cart rumbles out from the clearing they head up the trail, stopping and loading any bodies into one side of the cart. They are getting pretty ripe by now. The pair (plus the pup) make a detour and head out into the swamp, following the dancing wisps, picking up the scattered remains of the dead swamp hoppers and the more intact bodies of dead thralls. It seems the scavengers of the swamp don't like the taste of thrall any more than Bloodsong. When they get to the tower on the island in the middle of the swamp, the continue gathering bodies and begin building a bonfire to burn the corpses. It is Costa who makes the unnerving discovery that the body of the troll is not where they left it... instead there are old tracks from a large set of feet heading into the swamp. They finish burning the bodies and head back to the forest trail, picking up the stakes along the way.

Acting on an idea he got from Mines suggestion, the minotaur pulls up his signs and places them at the start of the stone pathway into the swamp. If they arouse more interest than they deter, future adventurers may head into the swamp rather than on to his clearing... Perhaps Ormila has some way for him to better disguise the trail heading to his forge...?

The druid meanwhile, has finished work on the custom items requested by the goblins, and with time to spare waiting for the blacksmith and sixth goblin's arrival, imbues them with a little something extra. Her spiders work on repairing web and clearing them of the remaining mosquitoes, who seem to have settled back down to relatively normal mosquito behavior since the defeat of Mother. As the spiders finish making a meal of the henchmen, she collects the silken husks and cuts them open and extracts the gear. Uncertain whether human skeletons have any market value for goblins, she bundles them up to take along just in case. Her spiders drag back the bodies of three thralls in black leather armor, she strips and cleans the gear before disposing of the bodies in the forest.

When Mantagar arrives, introductions to Costa are made, and the trio (plus pup) head back to the crossroads to head to the Goblin Adventuring League Headquarters.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please mo

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 am

absolutly supurb ending my friend ! I loved it a great end to a even greater adventure ! I really enjoyed it even if I was so scarce on my posts

now to get back tothe GAL get me some new gear wait for pup to grow big and ride him into battle xd
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Thanks! Timeline wise, Costa, Mantagar and Ormila won't be returning to the GAL until sometime after the others arrive, since they will be introduced as available traders once Thinks is able to do a HQ update post.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Leaves thanks Ormila for the scarf-mask, placing the necessary gold coins in her hand, and gives Mantagar a thankful handshake and a manly hug and pat on the shoulder before making his way with the others back to the Inn.

((THANK YOU SPIDER!!!))
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:19 pm

She'll collect the gold from you when they get to the GAL Inn in a few weeks, the final epilogue would have taken place after you guys left.

(Essentially, they will be showing up whenever Thinks gets settled into her new place in Florida and has the time to do a proper GAL HQ update, but until then you guys can go back, tell the tale of your quest to the others at HQ, barter with the bard and current trader before they leave, ask the old man to try IDing things, pay the bard to ID things, etc.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler