Rating wars II: Electric boogaloo (Finals)

For all games that are now over.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Rating wars II: Electric boogaloo (round 1)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 am

Le sigh, I thought it would be safe to start it up a bit earlier to make it more convenient and end the contest on mondays so the last few days are situated around the weekend. Yes, you can still sign up- Just be quick about it. :P

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 am

Name: Mazugord
Nicknames/aliases: none
Eye color: Cat like-black eyes.
Hair color: No hair, but scales color is green.
Race: Half-Dragon, father is a green dragon and mother is a human.
Appearance: Mazugord is a half dragon. He is humanoid in shape, however he does have some symbols of an half dragon. He have green scales all over his body, a reptilian tail and small wings that are capable of short distance flyin. He wears leather armor and a 2 handed sword.
Weapons/powers: Mazugord uses mainly his sword, but takes advantages of his draconic shape. He often uses his tail to trip the opponent, his wings for gliding and soing some short distance flying (his wings are too small to be used for actual flying). He uses his breath weapons once in a while, but not too much since he does not want his opponents to know about what he is capable of.
Biography: Mazugord is the second child of the same parents. His father was a dragon and his mother a human. His dragon father was in love with Mazugord mom's and transformed into a human form so he can live with her. The two had a first child called "Bazolrd". Mazugord's parents didn't want Bazolrd to find out that his parent is a dragon, because they thought he would kill them, living in a society where dragons are unholy beasts. So they chose to cast a transformation spell on him, so he wont know what he really is. A few years later, Mazugord was born. Mazugord's parents didn't noticed and Bazolrd saw the baby-half-dragon. He thought his mom had an affair with someone else and went to the local paladin and told him about it so he will destroy the baby dragon.
When the paladin reached their's home, Mazugord's father had most to change to his true form in order to fight the paladin. When he was killed in the combat Bazolrd true form was revealed, and he understood what mistake he has done. He took the baby Mazugord and ran away.

Mazugord and Bazlord always lived together away from society in a forest. For many years, as half-dragons age slower than other races, they knew nothing about what is going in the world. One day they heard a group of adventurers talking about some stone. Mazugord has decided to look for the stone so he can possibly revive his father.

Reason for wanting the Stone: Mazugord wants the stone to revive his dead father, who sacrificed his life for him. He always wanted to meet him and from what he heard about the stone, chances are high it can revive him.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:26 pm

LOL look at all of you using dnd to inspire your characters!

I sure didn't. Mort say "anything goes" so... anything went. My imagination was like "YAY FREE TIME!!!! RUNNN!!!" and it ran. And I got Naklin. lol.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Yeah. There was nothing wrong with inspiring upon D&D, but in the end, everything was allowed. :P :)

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:39 pm

It actually didn't even cross my mind to refer to DnD structures. lol.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Eh, DnD just seemed like a nice platform to base things off of because it was (or still is?) popular.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:24 pm

I think I was just happy to run away from stats :) haha.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm

I did not use stats, just the general idea.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:07 am

I wish I had time to play. I even know what I would use. Death cap, my 12 foot tall 4 armed 4 legged winged quarter-celestial, quarter-dragon myconid (mushroom person... don't ask how it works... it just does thanks to an amused GM and a crazy game) who I haven't touched in 4-5 years. He'd probably have started to recover from his coma by now...

Hrmmm... should I try to give it a shot?
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:49 am

Well, in the end it's your choice. I can technically keep signups open until... Let's say Sunday. That being said, nobody is forcing you if you think you wouldn't have the time/motivation for it. :)

Do it. Do iiiiiiiit

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:05 am

So uh...does this change when the writing is due?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 am

So, Burns, to clarify: is your guy actually immune to mind stuff? If yes, is this a total immunity, a general resistance, or is he only immune to certain parts (like the waking dreamscape or domination)?

Also, does he summon the zombies out of nowhere, or does he need a cemetery or other source to take the bodies from? Or can he do both?
Also also, are the illusions sound and light only, or can they exert a physical force on things? For example, could illusionary arrows or clubs have a slight impact of some sort, or would they just phase through everything they touched?
Also also also, presumably he has a phylactery, right? Can I know what it is, or should I make up my own if I want to include it in the fight?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:31 am

No- Writing is still due Monday, 11.59pm forum time.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:34 am

M0rtimer wrote:No- Writing is still due Monday, 11.59pm forum time.
Err...what's "forum time" in GMT?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 am

I believe it's... -6GMT I think, doing some quick calculation. That pretty much means it would already be Tuesday morning for me, but that would be perfect since I could post soon afterwards then. :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 am

Dusk9 wrote:So, Burns, to clarify: is your guy actually immune to mind stuff? If yes, is this a total immunity, a general resistance, or is he only immune to certain parts (like the waking dreamscape or domination)?

Also, does he summon the zombies out of nowhere, or does he need a cemetery or other source to take the bodies from? Or can he do both?
Also also, are the illusions sound and light only, or can they exert a physical force on things? For example, could illusionary arrows or clubs have a slight impact of some sort, or would they just phase through everything they touched?
Also also also, presumably he has a phylactery, right? Can I know what it is, or should I make up my own if I want to include it in the fight?
Hm....I supposed that perhaps your guy had away around from immunity from mind affecting things (and it was for immunity to ALL mind affecting)

He needs corpses. But there are several bodies around. Nice mobile soon to be corpses.... Hm...as for illusions, they are mostly light and sound only but there are a few things that can affect reality like shadow conjuration, shadow evocation and other shadow spells. So some of the illusion things can actually affect you.

If his body was destroyed he'd rather forfeit than have somebody actually destroy him. It's not on him, it's probably at his home, hidden away with a lot of various traps and such.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Good luck to all you participants writing this weekend. ;)

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 pm

I can not wait to read everyone's submissions. Gives me some idea of how much of a chance I have at winning (Which is going to be nigh-impossible.) :)
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:11 am

And I'm done. Mort, my entry is in the mail. Enjoy.
"Winter is coming"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 am

Well, I just finished my first draft. Now to edit it, rewrite it, edit it again, and proofread a few dozen times. Yay! :grin: :roll:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:55 am

...I am hoping that I can get mine done on time :( But....it doesn't look like it due to time zone. I shouldn't have joined in the first place...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Done, and submitted. It's pity that Burns won't be able to post hers though :(

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Okay i need to know exactly when writing is due.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:44 pm

8 hours and 15 minutes from writing this. Good luck.

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:58 pm

GO BURNS!
"Winter is coming"