Getting back slowly COMPLETED Take 4 Round 19 REQUEST MOVE!

For all games that are now over.
BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Re: Getting back slowly COMPLETED AT Take 4 Round 19

Post by BeanDip » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:19 pm

friedkitty wrote:Well I have to say I THOROUGHLY enjoyed that. Poo on the naysayers who say they don't like the modern games. I think there is plaenty of interst, look at the Sidious Diabola game. It didn't stop due to lack of interest, but lack of the GM to do it justice at this time, so they chose to end it.
Yeah. >___< It's both disappointing and disheartening for a first-time GM to have to end your game like that but it was much more fair to the players and myself. Next game will be better, promise.

Also, people don't like Modern Games? O_o I'd never heard that. I have a few idea that are modern-based so that's disappointing to hear.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 pm

I prefer fantasy / sci-fi games to 'realistic' ones, but I don't care about the time period or the technology level much, as long as it's not massively complex :) Anyway, I very much enjoyed what I read of this game and what we saw of Sidus Diabola (nice and sci fi!).

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:42 pm

What about modern fantasy? Present day but supernatural. Elves buying and selling coffee and goblins working as in mail rooms, dragon delivery services, warlocks working as locksmiths, that sort of dealie?

Or could just be that you're normal humans thrust into the hidden world of the supernatural but that seems cliche.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 pm

I suspect my comments are being misinterpreted and magnified. I specificaly dislike horror, yet I played this. I prefer scifi or fantasy to modern. I do not dislike modern. Shadowrun-ish would be cool. In short, potential GMs should post their game idea and see if they get players. If they do, then any other people's opinions is irrelevant.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:57 pm

@TTW - it was LAYF who mentioned it I think. I don't think your comments could be taken any worse than mine at any rate!

@Beandip - if it's done well, I'll give anything a shot :) Hell, most superheros are modern fantasy (just not elves). Though I'm not sure about picture-based horror games... I scare easily. After the scene with the little girl doll massacre (in this game) I stopped following for about a month :lol:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Ah... I guess my wording was a bit wrong two...
There does not seem to be AS big an interest in modern games... it is not gone... but in general, people do seem to favor supernatural / natural....

Well the two doors Fried askes about... one was the home of Kurt.. nothing in there but a lot of blood and a note to him.
The other was a trap room filled with dangers.. non lethal.. but things such as spikes to the foot, or nails that gets hammered into the hand or lower arm....
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Not to get my own or anyone elses hopes up. But with the end of this, will it be possible to get back to the God game that you had created. Not to rush your fragile state of mind into anything too complex or involved. (this is meant as a pope pope fun fun, not in a prod prod meanie-butt kind of way)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Not to get my own or anyone else hopes up. But with the end of this, will it be possible to get back to the God game that you had created. Not to rush your fragile state of mind into anything too complex or involved. (this is meant as a pope pope fun fun, not in a prod prod meanie-butt kind of way)
I know... I really want to.. but I cannot take up a full time game more.. I already have problems keeping up with both of the others..
So instead I'm going to make another "Temp game" a game without ABSOLUTE need to update, and where the rules can change...
In this case.. it will be a test game for my NEXT real game (The one I'll make when all 4 others are over)..

The reason I keep making these Temp games, is simply that they allow my mind to wander... they can update twice a day, or once a year, and I wont feel bad for it....
yet I can use them when I need to be creative and make something new.. the other 4 games does require an amount of loyalty from my side.. and that can sadly be a bit boring for me... so I make these other games to not run dead in those games, That I do, in fact love, just.... having to do them sometimes gets to the hairs of me... that makes it nice to have something i don't HAVE to do... many times I've sad an thought.. "I simply cant handle to update MyrMen today.. but I should...." Then I sit down and update "Getting back" its easy, its relaxing... and after making it.. sometimes I suddently feel like updating both MyrMen and The horde.... so I make all 3 updates.. and post them at the same time... MEGA UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That makes me so happy :cheer:

So... not getting back to the God game nor the horror maze just yet..... sorry...
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Getting back slowly COMPLETED Take 4 Round 19 REQUEST MO

Post by LAYF » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:36 pm

I would like to request a move of this game to the completed games section :)
-Best regards LAYF