Constructlings (Final)

For all games that are now over.
Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Re: Constructlings (Year 2, month 7, week 1)

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:40 am

Would be kind of interesting to use that lizard, code name: Salamander, to fuel a furnace.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Mint will cook more fish
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:55 pm

I just noticed why goats don't like rain. They seem to melt into some sort of goat-colored substance from it. :lol: Just look at this turn's picture.
Davecom3 wrote:Would be kind of interesting to use that lizard, code name: Salamander, to fuel a furnace.
I doubt it is hot on the outside. Though we could use it as a lighter.

Nerre
Game Master

Constructlings (Year 2, month 7, week 2)

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:29 am

Year 2, month 7, week 2:
"all water and similar fluids rise by 1d2 blocks."

Events:
- the water rises again by 2 blocks, or would have if Kach had not dug the new tunnel. So it only rises by 1 block, while a steady and strong current runs through the tunnel.
- the rest of the log floats towards the tunnel, but does not block it.

Bob:
Bob feels with the little lizard and hands it the coal Kach brought him. The lizard swallows it greedily and seems to be happy after it. It burps a little flame. Is it one of the mysterious salamanders Bob has heard about? Just then, a little stream of water runs out of the tunnel, getting stronger and stronger. The salamander panics and tries to climb the rock face again, but it fails. So instead, it jumps on Bob, burning the skin on one leg and arm slightly, then his head as it reaches it. Bob feels like he takes 2 hp damage, but then the salamander licks him, which feels like being tortured with red hot iron. But suddenly the pain fades, and Bob feels fine again. When he looks down, the water around his feet emits lots of steam. He doesn't feel it's chill as much as he did while diving. But the stream get's stronger, and he starts to slip on the wet obsidian, which is smooth where it is not sharp like hell. Slowly he is pushed to the right. "Oh no! Hold tight little thing!" he says. "Help!" he shouts, but the other goblins cannot reach him, as the tunnel is fully filled with water now. He slips and is quickly carried away by the water, then spitted over the edge. He sees a huge rock, engulfed in a see of dark obsidian, overlayed by water running down the mountain side. It is coming closer far to quick, and a second before he hits it his eye catches a few surprised looking hobgoblins right on said rock, hectically jumping out of the way of his fall. Then he hits the rock, and all goes black. Then he finds himself crashing into water, heavy, viscous water, shining very bright. He cannot really keep his eyes open, so bright is it. He has to blink and narrow his eyes to slits all the time. Is he dead? He spots something darker in some distance and swims toward it. When he feels it, he climbs on it, and it feels much colder, not as warm as the strange water. Slowly, his eyes adjust to the light. The salamander sits on his lap now. What magic is that? He is sitting on a rock edge at a lava lake, his feet only a hand above the lava. It feels warm, but not hot. Did he just swim through that?

Chopper:
Chopper warns Kach and Bob, but it seems Bob did not hear it or listen to him fast enough. He and worker 1 cut of 2 blocks of log and move them into the cave with the help of the flood. It might be turned into a wooden anvil.

Kach:
Kach brings 2 briquets to Bob and before he leaves him and his new friend. He also hands his Pick to Tar. Then he focuses on making a sword mold. He has a brilliant idea and manages to craft a reusable sword mould out of two construction stones. But there is not enough time to melt iron into it. Luckily Hgon was busy and did melt all 4 iron that remained. The sword workpiece only needs to cool down and a proper handle.

Mint:
Mint cooks 4 fish.

Tar:
The emerald shards cut into the wood, similar to glas, but a bit sturdier. Tar manages to craft them onto a stick, receiving a sharp emerald shard razor. Next week he can test it on a goat.

Zaul:
Zaul starts to climb up, he makes it halfway to the surface. He can already hear the goats again.

Worker 1:
Chopper and worker 1 cut of 2 blocks of log and move them into the cave with the help of the flood. It might be turned into a wooden anvil.

Worker 2:
Worker 2 mines 1 iron and 2 construction stone.

Worker 3:
Worker 3 chops up 2 log and gains 8 lumber.

Hobgoblin Hgon:
Hgon did melt the remaining 3 iron and the iron worker 2 mines this week. He pours 2 of them into the new sword mould, and 2 just on the floor to create some kind of plate for the anvil. Both pieces need to cool down and can be processed next week.

Discoveries:

Information:
- 7 constructlings eat this turn (5 players, 2 NPC). Worker 2 eats this turn. The hobgoblin eats. 10 food is consumed.

Ressources: Link
Characters:
.[tabs: Team ressources]
Units:
21 food (pine seeds)
7 briquet
Blocks:
2 fish (6 food)
2 meat (cooked, 8 food)
1 seaweed (9 food)
1 wooden bucket
3 blocks of portable ladder
4 blocks of portable ladder
16 blocks of portable ladder
3 basic wooden spear
1 chest
10 construction stone
1 hammer
1 lion skin
2 log
136 lumber
1 mould (sword, reusable)
2 wooden bucket
2 wooden bucket
Furnance (lower cave home):
1 fire (1 briquet, burns for this and 1 weeks)
Furnance (eastern sapplings):
1 ashes
[tabs: Bob]
Race: Constructling
Player: I'mBob
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Skills:
food provider 1 (collect 50% more food blocks)
you can buy for 10 xp: cooking 1 (cook 50% more raw food per week)
exploring 1 (+5 block swimming and 5 blocks crouching distance/turn, +1 jumping down and forward)
you can buy for 10 xp: mountaineer 1 (you can now climb 1 more block up without help, 2 with help)
stuntmen 1 (you can now jump down 2 more blocks without risk and jump over a 1 block larger gap)
SA: 3
FH: 2
Inventory (2.0 of 4.3):
1 basic wooden spear
1 hatchet (carpenter's)
[tabs: Chopper]
Player: CroverusRaven
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Skills:
arborist 1 (you grant a growth bonus to trees close to you)
you can buy for 10 xp: carpenter 1 (You can build common things slightly faster and you have a higher success chance when building new things)
wood cutting 1 (you can now cut up 3 blocks of wood per turn)
wood cutting 2 (you get 25% more lumber per block of wood)
FH: 1
Inventory (1.2 of 4.3):
2 food (pine seeds, wet)
1 wooden bucket
[tabs: Kach]
Race: Mineling
Player: LooksAtYouFunny
Stats:
3/3 hp
2 strength
2 constitution
Skills:
mining (iron) 1 (you can now mine 2 iron block per turn)
mining (stone) 2 (you can now mine 4 stone block per turn or destroy 8 )
SA: 2
2 turns until possible damage from being hungry/thirsty
Inventory (0.0 of 4.3):
[tabs: Mint]
Player: Nolandking
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Skills:
cooking 2 (cook 100% more raw food per week)
food provider 2 (collect 100% more food blocks)
you can get for 10 xp: gourmet cook (you can cook very fine food, worth much and it even can be used for diplomatic measures. 2 meals/week, cannot be stored)
you can get for 10 xp: nutritional expert (you attune your food to what a body really needs, granting random bonuses to people. 2 meals/week)
SA: 4
Inventory (2.0 of 4.3):
1 hatchet (carpenter's)
1 basic wooden spear
[tabs: Tar]
Player: Davecom3
Stats:
2/4 hp (3+1)
4 strength (3+1)
2 constitution (1+1)
Skills:
defender 1 (+1 constitution)
heaver 1 (can carry 1 block more than usual and is slowed down less by a load)
raider 1 (+1 strength)
Inventory (4.0 of 5.3):
1 basic wooden spear
1 hatchet (carpenter's)
1 pick
1 emerald shard razor
[tabs: Zaul]
Player: gamecreator
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Skills:
doctor 1 (healing yourself and others for 1 hp at 1xp/hp.)
inventor 1 (slightly increase chance of success while inventing)
you can get for 10 xp: heaver 1 (can carry 1 block more than usual and is slowed down less by a load)
you can get for 10 xp: herdsman 1 (Increased change to direct animals, slightly increased chance in breeding more of them)
tamer 1 (time to tame an animal is halved, chance to succeed increased slightly. More feral and agressive animals have a much smaller chance)
SA: 1
Inventory (3.3 of 4.3):
3 food (pine seeds)
1 basic wooden spear
1 pick
1 emerald[/tabs]Workers:
.[tabs: Worker 1 (spear & saw)]
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Inventory (2.0 of 4.3):
1 basic wooden spear
1 saw
[tabs: Worker 2 (pick)]
Stats:
3/3 hp
2 strength
2 constitution
1 turns until possible damage from being hungry/thirsty
Inventory (1.0 of 4.3):
1 pick
[tabs: Worker 3 (spear & hatchet)]
Stats:
2/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Inventory (2.0 of 4.3):
1 basic wooden spear
1 hatchet (carpenter's)
[tabs: Hobgoblin Hgon]
Race: hobgoblin
Stats:
6/14 hp (8+6)
5 strength
5 constitution
Inventory (2.0 of 7.0):
1 basic wooden spear
1 lion skin poncho (3/6 damage left, cumbersome for goblins)[/tabs]Possible Loot:
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:zzz:

gamecreator

Re: Constructlings (Year 2, month 7, week 2)

Post by gamecreator » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:26 am

Nerre, can you update Zaul's inventory? For one he can't have 5 food. And how much exactly his inventory weighs?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:39 pm

gamecreator wrote:Nerre, can you update Zaul's inventory? For one he can't have 5 food. And how much exactly his inventory weighs?
was a bit hectic today, was glad i could do an upgrade. Did skip the inventories, as they are not that important. think it is correct now.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Nerre wrote:
gamecreator wrote:Nerre, can you update Zaul's inventory? For one he can't have 5 food. And how much exactly his inventory weighs?
was a bit hectic today, was glad i could do an upgrade. Did skip the inventories, as they are not that important. think it is correct now.
with exception of the one iron that 2 mined yes... that is still missing... :( * post on its way.. some RP will be included
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:00 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
Nerre wrote:
with exception of the one iron that 2 mined yes... that is still missing... :( * post on its way.. some RP will be included
No, it was 3 iron + his iron and Hgon used 4. So it is already used up.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:03 pm

aaah okay, I misunderstood :S

ah well... sword making must wait then...

Kach asks Hgon "Thanks Hgon! Will you give me a hand one last time? I need to mount this plate on those logs over there, to make a good anvil!"

As he and the hobgoblin works he talks a little more (Diplomacy SA)

"So, I hope you feel at home here with us! I for one perfare working with you rather than being a slave.. I'll be honest, I've always feared Hobgoblins. but you seem like one with true honor, one who I can believe in! That is why I want to make you the first sword! I know, it might not be my best work, but I promise I'll improve upon it as I get better... I.. don't know, it just seem so more efficient and right this, the races of the warrior god, working together for a common goal! what do you think?"
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Ok, I don't understand what is going on with food in my inventory. Whatever, I don't want to.

Zaul continues on his way. If Tar would need any help in handling goats for shearing (or shaving), Zaul will provide it. He will give them seeds if necessary. If he has any time left, Zaul will mine some obsidian near the short ladder and study it.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Tar will attempt to use the emerald shard razor to shear/shave a goat.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Chopper goes back to the tree to saw some more lumber.

Vote Worker 1 helps Chopper with the saw.
Vote Worker 3 clears off the branches at what was the top of the tree.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:06 am

"You saved my life, little thing! I should stop calling you little thing and give you a name, I shall call you Ash.

But... Did I just swim inside lava? How is that possible? " Bob asks.

"Anyway, I must return to my friends. Are you coming with me, Ash?" Bob says. He than puts one of his legs in the lava to see if he can bear it's heat, and if yes he tries to swim out. If swimming is too hard and he does not think he can do it, he will go back to the small island.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am

Nolandking did not post yet. Please vote for him, I will give him a little more time.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Vote Mint catches more fish

Vote Worker 2 mines more iron

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Mint goes fishing again.

Nerre
Game Master

Constructlings (Year 2, month 7, week 3)

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:48 am

Year 2, month 7, week 3:
"all water and similar fluids fall back to their normal level. Seeds/spores turn into plants."

Events:
- the water level returns to normal after the rain stopped, the log slowly floats down on the retreating water. It is easier to cut up and chop now as the branches touch the ground of the lake again.
- where the branches of the tree do not obstruct the path of growth, the seaweed seeds turn into little plants.
- the newly planted seedling grows a bit, and so do the older trees.
- you discover some new things.

Bob:
Bob thanks the salamander Ash for saving him. It seems to listen and chirps, but Bob cannot understand it. Ash licks Bob again, but this time it does not hurt. Bob tests if he can still touch the lava without getting hurt, then he climbs in and tries to swim out. As the cave is a dead end, he has to dive to the left. While he is engulfed in the lava, he can see very well. It is bright, like watching into a camp fire, but he can see the cave walls around the lava tunnel. He hopes he will not run out of air and that he will find a way up. Swimming in the lava is a bit harder than in water, as it is much heavier, but he still can move in it. After some diving he reaches a branch in the lava tunnel.

Chopper:
Chopper and worker 1 continue to cut up the tree. They manage to cut up 8 blocks of wood, gaining 38 lumber.

Kach:
Kach and Hgon remove the iron plate from the floor and put it on a log. Then they hammer on the edges, bending them a bit so the plate is more likely to stay on the log. Kach also invests some more time and words into improving the relationship between the hobgoblin and the goblins. Hgon replies "You really seem to work more efficient like that, and it does not requiere guards so more people can work. It is not bad, still it is not what our society does. It works here and I like it, but don't expect others to follow. I was alone here, so you got much time to convince me, not only with words, but also with force, deeds and examples. But if more of my race come, don't expect them to listen to you. They will still see you as slaves. You have to convince them like me."

Mint:
Mint catches 4 fish with his expertice.

Tar:
Tar attempts to use the razor to shear a goat, but while the goats accept him being close, touching and holding them so firm is still too much for the goat he grabs. It buckles and jumps away. But Zaul, who just climbs out of Bob's cave, can provide some help and together they manage to hold the goat and shear it. Tar retrieves 2 units of wool. He can shear 3 more goats, then he has to wait a month. Cooldown added under information.

Zaul:
Zaul climbs up and helps Tar to shear a goat.

Worker 1:
Chopper and worker 1 continue to cut up the tree. They manage to cut up 8 blocks of wood, gaining 38 lumber.

Worker 2:
Worker 2 mines 1 iron and 2 construction stone.

Worker 3:
Worker 3 Worker 3 removes branches from the log, gaining 4 lumber.

Hobgoblin Hgon:
Kach and Hgon remove the iron plate from the floor and put it on a log. Then they hammer on the edges, bending them a bit so the plate is more likely to stay on the log. Kach also invests some more time and words into improving the relationship between the hobgoblin and the goblins. Hgon replies "You really seem to work more efficient like that, and it does not requiere guards so more people can work. It is not bad, still it is not what our society does. It works here and I like it, but don't expect others to follow. I was alone here, so you got much time to convince me, not only with words, but also with force, deeds and examples. But if more of my race come, don't expect them to listen to you. They will still see you as slaves. You have to convince them like me."

Discoveries:
Tar discovered wool: gathered from wooly animals like goats, sheep. Can be used to craft cloth, yarn and other things. Regrows after 1 month. (2/goat)
Bob discovered salamander: mystical creature. Can start fire, eats combustibles, grants the power to get in contact even with very hot things by licking.

Information:
- 7 constructlings eat this turn (5 players, 2 NPC). Kach eats this turn. The hobgoblin eats. 10 food is consumed.
- gamecreator: I took food from the team ressources and not your inventory in the past, corrected it last turn, which is why it just seemed to move from your inventory to the team ressources.
- goat shear cooldown for goat 1: can be sheared again in month 8, week 3.

Ressources: Link
Characters:
.[tabs: Team ressources]
Units:
21 food (pine seeds)
7 briquet
Blocks:
4 fish, raw (12 food when cooked)
1 meat (4 food)
1 seaweed (9 food)
1 wooden bucket
3 blocks of portable ladder
4 blocks of portable ladder
16 blocks of portable ladder
3 basic wooden spear
1 chest
12 construction stone
1 hammer
1 iron
1 lion skin
2 log
178 lumber
1 mould (sword, reusable)
2 wooden bucket
2 wooden bucket
Furnance (lower cave home):
1 fire (1 briquet, burns for this and 0 weeks)
Furnance (eastern sapplings):
1 ashes
[tabs: Bob]
Player: I'mBob
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Skills:
food provider 1 (collect 50% more food blocks)
you can buy for 10 xp: cooking 1 (cook 50% more raw food per week)
exploring 1 (+5 block swimming and 5 blocks crouching distance/turn, +1 jumping down and forward)
you can buy for 10 xp: mountaineer 1 (you can now climb 1 more block up without help, 2 with help)
stuntmen 1 (you can now jump down 2 more blocks without risk and jump over a 1 block larger gap)
Inventory (2.0 of 4.3):
1 basic wooden spear
1 hatchet (carpenter's)
[tabs: Chopper]
Player: CroverusRaven
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Skills:
arborist 1 (you grant a growth bonus to trees close to you)
you can buy for 10 xp: carpenter 1 (You can build common things slightly faster and you have a higher success chance when building new things)
wood cutting 1 (you can now cut up 3 blocks of wood per turn)
wood cutting 2 (you get 25% more lumber per block of wood)
FH: 1
Inventory (1.2 of 4.3):
2 food (pine seeds, wet)
1 wooden bucket
[tabs: Kach]
Player: LooksAtYouFunny
Stats:
3/3 hp
2 strength
2 constitution
Skills:
mining (iron) 1 (you can now mine 2 iron block per turn)
mining (stone) 2 (you can now mine 4 stone block per turn or destroy 8 )
SA: 2
2 turns until possible damage from being hungry/thirsty
Inventory (0.0 of 4.3):
[tabs: Mint]
Player: Nolandking
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Skills:
cooking 2 (cook 100% more raw food per week)
food provider 2 (collect 100% more food blocks)
you can get for 10 xp: gourmet cook (you can cook very fine food, worth much and it even can be used for diplomatic measures. 2 meals/week, cannot be stored)
you can get for 10 xp: nutritional expert (you attune your food to what a body really needs, granting random bonuses to people. 2 meals/week)
SA: 4
Inventory (2.0 of 4.3):
1 hatchet (carpenter's)
1 basic wooden spear
[tabs: Tar]
Player: Davecom3
Stats:
2/4 hp (3+1)
4 strength (3+1)
2 constitution (1+1)
Skills:
defender 1 (+1 constitution)
heaver 1 (can carry 1 block more than usual and is slowed down less by a load)
raider 1 (+1 strength)
Inventory (4.2 of 5.3):
1 basic wooden spear
1 hatchet (carpenter's)
1 pick
1 emerald shard razor
2 wool
[tabs: Zaul]
Player: gamecreator
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Skills:
doctor 1 (healing yourself and others for 1 hp at 1xp/hp.)
inventor 1 (slightly increase chance of success while inventing)
you can get for 10 xp: heaver 1 (can carry 1 block more than usual and is slowed down less by a load)
you can get for 10 xp: herdsman 1 (Increased change to direct animals, slightly increased chance in breeding more of them)
tamer 1 (time to tame an animal is halved, chance to succeed increased slightly. More feral and agressive animals have a much smaller chance)
SA: 1
Inventory (3.3 of 4.3):
3 food (pine seeds)
1 basic wooden spear
1 pick
1 emerald[/tabs]Workers:
.[tabs: Worker 1 (spear & saw)]
Stats:
3/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Inventory (2.0 of 4.3):
1 basic wooden spear
1 saw
[tabs: Worker 2 (pick)]
Stats:
3/3 hp
2 strength
2 constitution
1 turns until possible damage from being hungry/thirsty
Inventory (1.0 of 4.3):
1 pick
[tabs: Worker 3 (spear & hatchet)]
Stats:
2/3 hp
3 strength
1 constitution
Inventory (2.0 of 4.3):
1 basic wooden spear
1 hatchet (carpenter's)
[tabs: Hobgoblin Hgon]
Race: hobgoblin
Stats:
6/14 hp (8+6)
5 strength
5 constitution
Inventory (2.0 of 7.0):
1 basic wooden spear
1 lion skin poncho (3/6 damage left, cumbersome for goblins)[/tabs]Possible Loot:
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamecreator

Re: Constructlings (Year 2, month 7, week 3)

Post by gamecreator » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:36 am

"Do you think we can make some ropes out of wool? They sure will come in handy." Zaul talks to Tar.
If Tar wants to shear more goats, Zaul will help him and feed some seeds to a goat Tar is shearing, so it will get used to shearing quicker.
Otherwise Zaul will mine and study some obsidian nearby.
Last edited by gamecreator on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:56 am

► Show Spoiler
Tar will continue to shear goats. "Yeah, I imagine it could be used for string or rope if we wanted, though my intention had been to make us a bit of armor," Tar will reply.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:24 am

If no material is added to the item name, the default for many metal tools is iron.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:06 am

Bob will pick the upper stream and will keep swimming.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:11 am

► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:47 am

Mint spent 10XP on gourmet cook skill and goes back to cooking the fishs he caught.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:54 am

► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:56 am

► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF