Civ V OOC: And the Rest is History.....

For all games that are now over.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Civ V OOC: The Times They are a Chang'n

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:16 am

Okay....I have a question that I would like some of you enchanters to think about.

Is it possible to draw the magical essence out of all of some of these "magic" items and put it into something else (or someone else)? We have all of this loot that no one can use and/or is fairly useless in its current form. If we could suck out the magic and put it into the new armor thats been made, or maybe store it in crystals to use later. What do you think?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:41 am

Hmm.. I think it is.. but I would like to mention that while it is in the for it is now (magic item) it is still a "stable" resource.. not sure if crystals are stable or lose power over time...
That said... I'd like if some one would do this (charge some crystals) and plant them in the ground around Merix... his way maybe increase his ability to "scan the area"..

So far I really like this being a tree thing... it has given us valuable information both about our dragon lady and given us the dire wolfs... it also enables us to "ask" animals and spirits about both information and permission..
In base.. Merix right now gran anyone in the area the ability to talk to both animals and spirits, without any problem.. and also to see if they lie or what they feel... this I can live with, even if it limits my own possibilities..

Does anyone have suggestions as what merix should do next?

oh.. and Nikohl: Just a suggestion, you are Tranced and have a FH (no ) and also an full action bar... using Trance + FH + Action bar+ 15 AP will allow for the current maximum effect possible in the game, really game changers.. just a little suggestion :)

Also
SaruSama:
I also Spend a SA to Awaken Bitter Moon and the 2 next largest of the Dire Wolf Pack. Once I've awakened him I ask Bitter Moon if he would be so kind as to allow me to use either him or another member of his pack as a permanent mount.
Please do this near Marix, so you can ask the dire wolfs first if they want it.. no need to risk alienating them...
-Best regards LAYF

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:01 am

You forgot that AP can't be used on FHs, Looks. This is the reason Narasimha will definitely not be using an FH for her current action, as it has a Truly Difficult rating, from what Aegis has implied.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:08 am

actually LAYF, you can't use FH and +15 AP....but you could also use EXP as a +5 per point to increase. :) just saying.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:12 am

I've edited to change my thing to a FH, since I'm mostly trying to trade for stuff for Hummingbird to muck about with, so it shouldn't be "really scarily hard" or anything, and a FH might be more interesting. If I was doing something that needed to not fail, I'd probably leave it as a SA, but as it's just a trade request a FH might be worth a punt :)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Anybody want to encourage me to use the strain in a specific way? While I am strongly tempted to use the strain on Narasimha(If I use it on any PC, it will be her.), I can definitely see advantages in other areas.

If we put it in the lake, we would get the bonus HP spread farther so we don't lose it quickly in one fell swoop and we do get a barrier against the Cerebri and other demonic presences in the temple, but likely our enemies are also getting their water from the same source, maybe swimming in it.

If we use it to power up the Alpha, she would get more power than others of us, but she may choose to depart at any time.

We could use it in the same fashion as the Oasis Hearth bracers, but I don't think we want to repeat the last game. And there's druids heading our way who probably would be quite irritated with us perverting nature in such a way. Giant plants all of the sudden could also risk entangling our Flying Castle.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:33 pm

You could give it to medic the tree. Giving him god like powers but him still being rooted to one spot. Also, because he is a tree he might start making fruit which may reproduce these same properties.

Best to ask layf first of course.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:38 am

Badge's idea actually sounds like it could have the most interesting effects (fruit that acts as cure light wounds? Sweet) but it might risk stacking Interesting on top of Interesting and resulting in Everyone Being Interested.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:12 am

Welp.. that I'll fully leave up to you guys... 3 reasons:
1: Merix have given himself 100% to the good of his people, so if they think it will be good and he can't see proves it wont, he will go(or.. well... eh.. stay I guess) with it---
2: I like these chances, risk takings... after all.. if it goes wrong, its only a game, And I've had fun with him... can allways make a new char...
3: Healing fruit does sound like a cool factor.. and merix can always protect himself with lightning....

so yea... up to you guys, but thanks for the "heads up"
-Best regards LAYF

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Selfish as it may seem (because it totally is) Myron would want it because there is a chance it could help him resist Naras Withering Touch. That boy has been Blue Balled for how many years now? Anything female & Wemic is looking good.
I'm still reading shifters.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Doesn't look like our GM wants to go in that direction, D34dlock.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 pm

I do agree that any reproductive actions are well above unnerving to write about. I figured he woldent write it in, and jusl let more pop like in the old games

But we haven't had ANY newborn's this game. It is a bit unerving Did loth make us all sterile? That would explain some things
Click here if you want to beat me up!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:29 am

To Everyone,

Please Enjoy:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:18 am

Sorry for the double, but i would like to speak about other things.

I would like everyone's opinion on something. I would like to create a new chest labeled To Sacrifice and then place in it all things that we don't hold dearly or care that much about. Not this month but the next, Kermit will be sacrificing as much stuff as possible for two purposes. 1. To Strengthen Ehlonna, and 2. To maybe get the black dragon off of our backs due to..less treasures. Due to their magical use, I'm leaving diamonds alone.

Here is the full list of treasure and some of my thoughts on what we don't really need.
► Show Spoiler
To be Sacrificed Chest: four large gold ingots (100 GP each), sixteen tigereye gems (30 GP each), one large amethyst (180 GP), one large solid gold idol (2000 GP), a large statue of a blue flame on a heavy stone base that's encrusted with sapphires (requires six grippli to carry) (5325 GP), bronze bracelet studded with agates (180 GP), a very large copper idol (800 GP), one ruby gem (175 GP), one huge hematite (200), a topaz (150), an opal (600), ten pairs of emerald earrings (800 each), three matching white gold amulets (2000 each, as a set 9500), a large white gold diadem (5000), one emerald (3000 GP), 14 large chunks of Quartz (100 GP each).

Leather Armor +1, Sky Blue Spirit Candle, one yew wand, one large cold iron locket, large hourglass with black beads for sand, one large bright blue shawl, eight gold shortswords, seventeen redwood giant greatclubs, seven very large horse hoof daggers.

Prayer Book to Carnox, Kobold-sized Tower Shield, one huge steel mirror, sixteen grey-brown wool overcoats, three boxes of exotic "mini-wyrm food", 11 skaven crossbows.

If you would like to add something or take something away, please tell me as i don't want to upset anyone who has plans for some of this stuff.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Re: Civ V OOC: The desolation of Black Dragons

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:52 am

It might be wise to find out what that small ferret figurine does first if possible. and I don't know if those knuckles will be included in the totem. Also, some eof those valuables may be useful for trade purposes.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:15 pm

this is why i asked first and didn't try to just sneak this in at the end right before an update. I can very easily nix the figurine and knuckles.

As for the gemstones, I would think that the more of them we can get rid of, the better our chances that the black dragon will leave us alone, as our valuables is what she wants.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Or we can just get a look at her plans and try to strike her before she's ready for us. If we can copy her plans well enough, or if we just acquire her plans, then we may even have the humans helping get rid of her. I don't really see a reason we'd want a black dragon hanging around, honestly.

And there's always the chance she uses the valuables we give her to prepare to attack us, given she does view us as a threat and she likely has a chaotic nature. Any agreement we made with her could be broken at her whim once she felt we'd outlived our purpose in her plans.

Were she a metallic dragon, I'd be much more willing to offer tribute than with her real status as a black dragon. I might even allow a lawful evil dragon to coexist in our area, but she's more likely to be chaotic. I also think it will take some time for her to find a way to deal with Narasimha's Dominate Monster effect, and if we can figure out when she's likely to be ready, we can plan to strike her before then. Before she's ready to deal with the problems she knows about, she's not likely to attack us.
Last edited by Davecom3 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:59 pm

what what what? Clarification Time...

I'm sacrificing this stuff to Ehlonna...not some stupid Black Dragon Bitch.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Dragon's still likely to want to attack us so dual reason likely doesn't work. I don't mind attempting to hurry Ehlonna's recovery through sacrifice, but I think Maraxia's likely to plot against us until we're weaker than her.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 pm

After that she will destroy us
I'm still reading shifters.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:24 pm

clearly we must kill her.

I wish there was a portal that needs opening that i could open with the abilities i got from the cards...hrmmm

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Maybe Merix could try to call a dryad now that he's sort of a tree. Or maybe try to create a different mobile plant race, though I'm not sure if that would work. Even if it did, it's possible he wouldn't get to control any of the creatures added, though Aegis might allow it, making it so Merix would have more options.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 pm

is this going back to the regen strain?

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Quick question: why do we think the black dragon lady is evil? Are all drow evil? Are all goblins evil? Do we say that all individuals of a monster manual entry follow that suggested alignment? Have we seen this particular black dragon DO anything evil?

By all means be cautious. The odds may be against us alignment wise. But, some of you have moved straight to murder all threats mode.

Given that she talked to us once, I don't yet see this dragon as the 'burn first, pillage later' type, yet. So why not TRY talking? Are we so ignoble as to be moved by fear of a possible threat?
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:12 pm

given that she is plotting against us.....

..Drizzit wasn't evil...right? :shock: