GAL: Quest 1 (Completed)

For all games that are now over.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 11)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:35 am

Turn 11

"Splendid. Now, where's the hand sanitizer and what exactly should I wipe my feet on?"
"I think its more important that you'll deal with gnomes...the spider...eh, the spider is only going to become more problemaitc for everyone eventually anyway so it might be best if we deal with it."

Said sanitiser is quickly delivered while another gnome hastily gives Wears' feet a good scrubbing. She's not sure she's ever had them this clean! William and Odd are similarly scrubbed when they arrive.

"Also, can you tell me something about those green flying things, please? If I were to attack one of them, would the rest of them swarm me?"
"I dunno really, they seem to keep to themselves mostly. They dive into the acid when the spider's heading out to hunt, but I don't know if they'd be so wary of you lot. You're MUCH smaller."
"So what are the skeletons there for? And what is in the chest they are guarding?"
"Those things? They were ordered to guard that chest when the third-last guy to own the dungeon ran the place and they've never left. They never leave that ledge and we have plenty of our own things so we just leave them alone. That's the secret to happy, neighbourly relations when you live in a Very Deadly dungeon like this one!"
"What would happen if we found a way to blow the stingers towards the spider? Or lure the spider close to the stingers? Alteratively, how hard would it be to shoot the spider from across the acid pit?"
"Well like I said, the stingers will hide in the acid when the spider's roaming around, but they pop right back out again when she's gone! As for your shooting abilities, I would have to say I've got no idea!"

As Mines turns to leave, the gnomes retract the bridge again.

Mines heads back up the ladder.

---------------------------------------------------------

Stats & Loot [Items in red are currently equipped]
.[tabs: Odd Duck]
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 4/5

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)
Rat Corpse (x1)

[tabs: Walks With The Wind]

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Healing potions (x1, Restore 2-4HP)
Rat Corpses (x3)
Skull

[tabs: william]
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x6, +1 ATT)

Skull

[tabs: Mines Flagons]

ITEMS: none[/tabs]
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:46 am

Why am I upstairs?

I said I was following walks across the bridge.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 am

SGTdude wrote:Why am I upstairs?

I said I was following walks across the bridge.
Misread it as following Mines is why. Will edit that now.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:23 am

No problem. Thanks. I will also sanitize with the others.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:03 pm

William will let Walks lead in the negotiations but will take a look at the ladder nearby to see if it is loose or attached to the wall. At an appropriate time he wll note "We need to get the Trolls to bathe somewhere so that everyone is happy, the question is where or how to be build a bathing place for them. I mean lets be honest its better to have bathed Trolls than force them out and let some form of undead move in...those guys just smell rotten."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Mines will approach the door guard. I spoke to the gnomes. I think we may be able to work out a deal. Can I talk to the chief? I hear you've got a speaking tube for that.

Assuming he lets me use the speaking tube:

I spoke to the gnomes. They're stealing the laundry because of the smell. You want your laundry clean. They want it really clean. If we can work something out, you can both get what you want. Is there something you'd be willing to do for the gnomes in exchange for their doing your laundry (and returning it when it's done)? Maybe you could do something about that giant spider? Do you have any good archers? Or other ranged weapons?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:48 am

"Thanks." Walks says to the gnomes.
Since she can't really do any more negotiations until she gets word from the trolls, Walks attempts to talk to the skeletons: "Hi there, skeletons! Can you hear me? And can you answer? I was wondering if you would mind me taking a look at the contents of that chest. The gnomes told me that you were ordered to guard the chest, and I assure you that I have no interest in taking the chest nor do I want no harm to come to it. But, like everyone else, I do appreciate a good, clean, chest, hence I am offering you that I take a look inside and maybe clean out whatever nasty old filth is there. That way you could make sure that it doesn't rot from the inside or get contaminated or something. Wouldn't it be a shame if that happened to that lovely chest while you were supposed to be guarding it?"

She doesn't go any closer to the skeletons, though. (Not into melee range!)
If the skeletons show any signs of understanding her (specifically move, so she can get to the chest unharmed) or even answer to her, agreeing to her suggestion, she will check the chest for traps and disarm them, if any, then/else loot the chest, closing it neatly after that.
If the skeletons are attacking because she talked to them, she'll defend herself with the pointy stick.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 12)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Turn 12

"Thanks. "Hi there, skeletons! Can you hear me? And can you answer? I was wondering if you would mind me taking a look at the contents of that chest. The gnomes told me that you were ordered to guard the chest, and I assure you that I have no interest in taking the chest nor do I want no harm to come to it. But, like everyone else, I do appreciate a good, clean, chest, hence I am offering you that I take a look inside and maybe clean out whatever nasty old filth is there. That way you could make sure that it doesn't rot from the inside or get contaminated or something. Wouldn't it be a shame if that happened to that lovely chest while you were supposed to be guarding it?"
"We need to get the Trolls to bathe somewhere so that everyone is happy, the question is where or how to be build a bathing place for them. I mean lets be honest its better to have bathed Trolls than force them out and let some form of undead move in...those guys just smell rotten."

Walks cautiously approaches the skeletons. They seem completely uninterested in what she has to say and they hiss menacingly at her as she approaches. Neither of them leave the ledge though.

Odd gets his feet cleaned.

"I spoke to the gnomes. I think we may be able to work out a deal. Can I talk to the chief? I hear you've got a speaking tube for that."
"WHAT?!? OH, RIGHT THAT. HANG ON, I'LL PUT YOU THROUGH."
"This better be urgent! What is it?"
"GOT A GOBLIN HERE WHO WANTS TO TALK TO YOU 'BOUT THE GNOMES."
"Urgh... Did Savage send you? I thought he might send someone sooner or later... What do you want?"
"I spoke to the gnomes. They're stealing the laundry because of the smell. You want your laundry clean. They want it really clean. If we can work something out, you can both get what you want. Is there something you'd be willing to do for the gnomes in exchange for their doing your laundry (and returning it when it's done)? Maybe you could do something about that giant spider? Do you have any good archers? Or other ranged weapons?"
"Laundry?? LAUNDRY!? Well I'll be... Hah! Well, we'd be more than happy for the gnomes to keep doing it for us if that's all the problem was! But the payment you're suggesting... Well, that's a bit of a problem. Spiders are... well... icky. No way any of my lot are going near that thing! But listen, you've been decent enough about all this so far - how about YOU go and take care of the spider on our behalf and I'll throw in something extra for you lot when you've made the deal in addition to what we already owe Savage. What do you say?"

--------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)
Rat Corpse (x1)

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Rat Corpses (x3)
Skull

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x6, +1 ATT)

Skull

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:21 pm

"Guys, I think we are going to need some team effort here to bring down either the skeletons - hopefully the chest will contain something that will help us in the fight - or the flying acid things or both, before we can even try to get to the spider. Any volunteers? William, you could probably shoot the stingers with your bow & arrows, what do you think about that? " Walks asks the present company and listens to any replies.

If at least 2 goblins join her in this, Walks will attack the skeletons (preferable all goblins should aim to hit the same one to bring it down faster).
If William agrees to shoot a stinger, Walks will stand next to him and fend off any other stinger (or the same one if one arrow doesn't kill it) that will try to attack William because of that.

Taking into accord what the other players wrote, I came up with a new action for walks, please see below.

If no goblin wants to join in on any fight (or just one on the skeletons), Walks will ask the bridge troll, if he would be willing to lend his spear to her. "A big and muscular guy like you wouldn't need that to keep those tiny little gnomes at bay, anyways, now would you?"
► Show Spoiler
EDIT: Walks halts any agressive action towards the skeletons until Odd is done trying his version of diplomacy. If the skeletons attack him for that, Walks will join the fray with her trusty pointy stick. If holding up a skull in front of one's face doesn't work and William attacks the skeletons, Walks will join him in fight as well.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Missed it is why :)

If you still want one, I'll edit it into the next update if you include it in your post for this turn.

It'll be a +1 weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire (which will cause it to go out because fire DEFINITELY works that way); 10% chance of breaking. Or I guess you could just use it as a torch, like some sort of pleb :P.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:57 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:01 pm

William will turn to Odd "Hand over the extra stick...I want to save the arrows for the spider..."

William will then check to see if the ladder is bolted to the wall
► Show Spoiler
William will then join in any skeleton removal processes...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 10)

Post by SGTdude » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:19 pm

I will hand over one pointy stick. "I think since they will not attack unless we threaten them, we should plan how to handle the skeletons. Like...how do we get them down into that pit of acid?"

Suddenly a thought strikes him. Holding a skull in front of his face, Odd will approach (but not close enough to be in reach) and see if they have a less threatening reaction. If they seem to get ready to attack I will throw the skull at them and step back with pointy stick raised.

[Edit: Maybe it will work and they will let me get close. Maybe they will accuse me of murdering their brother. Either way I have to give it a shot right?]
Last edited by SGTdude on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:28 pm

@Quarg: Sorry! It's a wooden ladder and it's securely attached to the wall.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:08 pm

We might be able to do it. I'll have to consult with the others.

Mines
walks down to talk to the others. If we take care of the spider, we might just be able to sort this whole thing out and get something extra on the side. We have a bow and arrows. Any thoughts, guys?

To the gnomes: Just checking: If we (on behalf of the trolls) take care of your spider problem, will you clean the trolls' laundry and return it to them instead of just stealing it?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:41 am

Okay, seeing how you guys are planing to act this turn, I edited my post a bit.

Friendly suggestion @ SGTdude: Maybe you should condition your post in a way that Odd will fight the skeletons as well, if they don't react positive to his attempt to talk with them?
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:37 am

[Edited my post above.]
Last edited by SGTdude on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Afraid I've run out of time today a bit trying to get everything sorted out for the weekend away, so I'm afraid today will need to be a skip day. Back on Monday though! Have a cracking weekend :D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 13)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Turn 13

"We might be able to do it. I'll have to consult with the others."

Mines heads downstairs again where the others are debating strategies and stuff.

"If we take care of the spider, we might just be able to sort this whole thing out and get something extra on the side. We have a bow and arrows. Any thoughts, guys? Just checking: If we (on behalf of the trolls) take care of your spider problem, will you clean the trolls' laundry and return it to them instead of just stealing it?"
"Stealing!? STEALING?! My good man, I will not tolerate such slander against us! We do not STEAL! We borrow and then return things, most often in better condition than they started in! It's not our fault the trolls never let us back in again..."
"All right, calm down Pops! If the trolls figure out some way to deal with that spider, then I don't see why we couldn't come to some kind of permanent arrangement over the laundry. But they won't do it! The whole lot of them are terrified of that beastie and I can't say I blame them. It's horrifying!"

"Guys, I think we are going to need some team effort here to bring down either the skeletons - hopefully the chest will contain something that will help us in the fight - or the flying acid things or both, before we can even try to get to the spider. Any volunteers? William, you could probably shoot the stingers with your bow & arrows, what do you think about that? "
"Hand over the extra stick...I want to save the arrows for the spider..."
"I think since they will not attack unless we threaten them, we should plan how to handle the skeletons. Like...how do we get them down into that pit of acid?"

Odd holds the skull in front of his face and tries to pretend he's a skeleton to fool the other skeletons, but either they're too smart for him or they don't care. They continue to glare.

Fed up with all the waiting, William grabs a spare pointy stick from Odd and joins in the battle, closely followed by Walks. They each attack the right-hand skeleton, and do a little bit of damage. The skeletons strike back though, both clawing Walks viciously for 3DAM! Ouch!

---------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)
Rat Corpse (x1)

HP: 1/5

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
Rat Corpses (x3)
Skull

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x6, +1 ATT)
Skull

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Walks uses her potion and, if possible, retreats from the fight. Else, or if Odd and/or William want to keep on fighting the skeletons, she will stab them with her pointy stick again. Preferable the one that was hurt before.
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:49 pm

[Ooc: I was figuring I would just hold it up, not put the skull on ... which is WAY cooler!! I am totally keeping that look. ]

Odd will back up and say "try to lure them on to the bridge. "

He will also be ready to attack as the others retreat.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:01 pm

William will attempt to do a fighting retreat across the bridge...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:11 am

How did I get back up to 4HP? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

I'm sorry about my poor word choice. Of course it's not your fault that you couldn't get back across to return the laundry. (Although, really, you could have just offered to bring it back...)

Rork, looks like we're taking on the skeletons first. I'm going to go help my friends. Can you make sure the bridge stays on for us? At least until we're all back on this side. I think we're going to try to lure the skeletons onto the bridge and then drop them before they can get across.

Mines
will wait for Rork to indicate agreement, press the button to extend the bridge (if necessary), grab the other torch, and join up with the others in their fighting retreat, helping however he can.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:32 am

@wears: As far as I can tell, you only lost 1HP in the rat fight and nothing else bad has happened to you since then :)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 am

The rats bit me twice - in turns 2 & 3.

► Show Spoiler