GAL: Quest 1 (Completed)

For all games that are now over.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 4)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:51 pm

Turn 4

"Ow!"

The rats all swarm together to attack Odd, dealing 2 DAM but he and Walks are able to easily dispatch another rat. Only 2 to go! (The corpses can be looted when the battle's over).

Mines retreats down the ladder.

"I assume that button in the floor is some kind of anti-gnome trap correct?"
"DUNNO. THAT WAS LEFT HERE BY THE PREVIOUS DUNGEON TENANTS, AND WE'VE JUST BEEN AVOIDING IT. IT'S NOT EXACTLY HARD TO SPOT AFTER ALL... THEY LEFT A FEW THINGS BEHIND ACTUALLY, YOU MIGHT WANT TO WATCH OUT FOR THOSE."

-------------------------------------

Stats & Loot
.[tabs: Odd Duck]
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
HP: 2/5

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
[tabs: Walks With The Wind]
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
[tabs: william]

ITEMS: none
[tabs: Mines Flagons]
HP: 4/5

ITEMS: none[/tabs]
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:00 pm

I will try to basically golf-club swing one of the rats off the ledge so that there is only one up there with us anymore.

And will try very hard to not die. (if climbing on top of one of the boxes would help me defensively I will do it, but the priority is getting one of the rats out of there)

Edit: as stated earlier, once all the rats are either dead or not a threat, I will open one of the boxes
Last edited by SGTdude on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Mines will cautiously climb down the second ladder.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 pm

William nods, "Ah, well I think I hear some of my friends needing me...so excuse me for a moment."

William will then jump over the red button, and continue up the ladder. He will grab a dead rat and assist in attacking one of the live rats by swinging the dead rat by its tail. Or attempting to create a dead rat flail...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Walks keeps on stabbing the rats with her pointy stick with the already established method.
If all are dead and she can still do something, pick up a rat corpse, then examine the chests for traps.

Either update schedule is fine for me. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also, did Walks heal since she got damage from the rats? She's at 5/5 now, but I remember her being at 4/5 before. Just checking.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 5)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:59 am

Turn 5

The rats for some reason find Odd extremely tasty, and team up to attack him again. Fortunately they only manage do 1DAM.

Odd and Walks don't manage to knock the rats off the ledge, but do attack and kill another rat. William can't loot the rats until the battle's over, but he punches the last one anyway for good measure. It glares at him.

Mines heads down the ladder to check out the next room.

---------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Stats & Loot
HP: 1/5

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am

I will climb on the box I am standing in front of and open the top-most box, thinking maybe I can climb inside to keep from getting nibbled to death.

[OOC: there is a tiny line of red near the troll guard, i thought it was maybe like a message on the wall but it looks like leftover from the goblin who was standing there. Also, on seeing the next room: :shock: yeah i will definitely be resting or something before I go into that deathtrap]

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:21 am

Yes, that is an art error and nothing to worry about :) Just an incomplete deletion by the looks of it!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:50 am

William will attack the last rat....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:11 am

Walks keeps on stabbing the last rat. She tries to shield Odd from taking damage, if the rat attack him.

If all are dead and she can still do something, pick up a rat corpse, then examine the chests for traps.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:43 pm

Mines will walk up to the guard troll. "Hi there. Are those the underpants gnomes I've been hearing about? And what's with the bridge here?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Turn 6

Odd escapes from the battle by fleeing on top of the chests while Walks and William team up to murder the final rat! Victory!!

Down below, Mines sidles up to the troll, and the two gnomes on the far side start jeering.

"Hey you! Take a bath! I can smell you from here!"
"Yeah stinky! You stink worse than the trolls!"
"SHUTTUP!!! FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS! SHUT UP!"
"Hi there. Are those the underpants gnomes I've been hearing about? And what's with the bridge here?"
"Hi! I'm not supposed to let anyone come down here, but it's been SUCH a long time since I've had anyone to talk to who didn't make me want to stab my own eardrums I figure I can make an exception. You're not going to cause trouble are you? Cos then I'd have to kill you! HAHAHAH! Only kidding. Well, not really. Anyway, yes, those are the gnomes who've been stealing our laundry, and the reason I've got to stand here and guard the bridge. Not that I mind of course, it's a noble profession for a troll after all. This particular bridge is a Mark 3.iv 'Henchman'. It's a security device with controls at each end to extend the bridge or retract it at a second's notice so you can drop someone into the acid pit if they try and break into your lair! Pretty sweet, don't you think? Anyway, if I leave, those gnomes will get across and steal our socks again, but they won't leave either in case any of our lot try and cross, which means that we have a stalemate. And let me tell you, stalemates make for the WORST kind of guard duty.

...You don't talk much do you friend?"

----------------------------------------------------

Stats & Loot

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 6)

Post by SGTdude » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:51 pm

I will open the top-most box and loot.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Walks picks up a rat corpse, then examines the chests for traps. If she's still able to do something after that, she loots one of the chests.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:47 pm

William will check a chest for a trap and loot if available...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:50 pm

"I just didn't want to overwhelm you with the introduction. I tried that with the guard upstairs, and it didn't seem to go very well. Speaking of introductions, my name is Mines Flagons. Thanks for letting me stay down here.

That is one impressive bridge you've got here. I don't think I've seen a bridge that clever before. Sorry you're stuck with the gnomes, but I've got to agree that guarding a bridge is just classic troll. Good for you.

Say, did you know there's a giant gnome-eating spider directly below us? I'm not sure if you can see it. Also, do you know anything about those moths floating above the acid pit?
"

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 7)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Turn 7

The goblins find the chests are completely untrapped. Inside, William finds a shortbow with a quiver of 6 arrows, Walks finds 2 healing potions, and Odd finds a shirt of leather armour.

"I just didn't want to overwhelm you with the introduction. I tried that with the guard upstairs, and it didn't seem to go very well. Speaking of introductions, my name is Mines Flagons. Thanks for letting me stay down here. That is one impressive bridge you've got here. I don't think I've seen a bridge that clever before. Sorry you're stuck with the gnomes, but I've got to agree that guarding a bridge is just classic troll. Good for you. Say, did you know there's a giant gnome-eating spider directly below us? I'm not sure if you can see it. Also, do you know anything about those moths floating above the acid pit?"
"Pleasure to meet you! I'm Rork. Yeah, we've known about that spider for a while. Been calling him Nibbles cos it really winds up the gnomes HAHAHAHAH! I think he used to feed in the forests and caves around here but since we've moved he seems to have been eating more of the gnomes and avoiding us. Pretty funny if you think about it! As for the 'moths' as you call them, you want to stay away from those guys. They'll give you quite a sting if you get too close!"

-------------------------------------------

Shortbow: Provides ranged ATT. Cannot be used in melee.
Arrows: +1 ATT
Healing Potion: Heals 2-4HP
Leather Armour: +1 DEF

Stats & Loot

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Healing potions (x2, Restore 2-4HP)

ITEMS:
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x6, +1 ATT)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:25 pm

I will put on the armor and go back for the other pointy stick with the skull (someone else might need it, or mine might break). I will offer it Walks in exchange for one of the healing potions and then (regardless of her decision) will proceed down the other ladder and sit down to rest until I have some hp back (hoping that is in fact the non-magical way to heal)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 pm

William will see if looting the rats corpse will be of any benefit before he goes back down and carefully step over the button in the floor before talking to the Troll at the Door.
"Listen I need to talk to the Trolls on the other side of the door, but your under orders not to open it until this gnome problem is taken care of. So what if me and my associates can assist you in ending these gnome raids upon your laundry? Because I know that you Trolls have some outstanding debts that have not been properly taken care of, though it appears the reason is your under seige."
Last edited by Quarg on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Walks will pick up as many rat corpses as she can (leaving one for every other goblin who WANTS one) and then tries to disassemble one of the chests.
She does not want to trade a healing potion for a pointy stick with a skull.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Thanks for the tip, Rork. Now, I'm probably going to regret this, but, if you don't mind, I'm going to try talking to the gnomes. This stalemate isn't helping anyone. Maybe we can work something out.

Hello over there! Can you hear me? Can we talk? I'd like to help, if I can.

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:31 pm

[ooc- understandable Gathers, Im just trying to not die. Can I gain hp from eating a rat? Or can you tell me how I can get hp back at all?]

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:56 pm

So, since I didn't specify how healing works yet, I suppose I'd better!

Healing can only be done by using items (e.g. potions, magic or special stuff I haven't come up with yet). Since these dungeons are all intended to be short and sweet, allowing you to nap for several turns would kind of defeat the purpose.

Eating random things won't usually heal you either, but if you take stuff back to the inn / GAL HQ at the end of your adventure you can try and combine different things in the kitchen to make your own potions and what have you.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:21 pm

[ooc- yay me! Gathers can we make some kind of deal so I dont die in the first dungeon?]

I will edit my action to, instead of going downstairs to rest, going up to get one of the rats left over. Maybe I can cook it if I ever make it back to the inn.
Last edited by SGTdude on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:03 pm

[OOC: How about Walks gives you a healing potion now, and someday your char will give her one healing potion of at least the same quality back? I wasn't planning on hogging them to myself, but since you seemed to want to go down the 'grabby' road, picking up another pointy stick and skulls when other have no weapon at all yet, I didn't want to trade something that could safe Walks' life for something she already has.]
► Show Spoiler