CTF Game 3: MVP voting closed. That's a wrap!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: CTF Game 3: Turn 2 (Aww, I miss you, too!)

Post by Krulle » Wed May 06, 2015 12:35 am

That's what the first stand-off round at the border is for.
No actual tussles, just a lot of stumbling. On all three sides. (red/blue/GM)

Now, for the real tussles, let's take it to the blue side. Offense is the best defense.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: CTF Game 3: Turn 3 (First contact!)

Post by WearsHats » Wed May 06, 2015 11:09 pm

We've got a bit of excitement for you today, folks! Which means your friendly neighborhood GM has to do some math. Darn it.

For the most part, the red team focuses on defense as the blue team advances. Pats Dragons and Yells At Others cheer on their teammates, but no contact is made on their side of the field. Boar Slayer begins sprinting towards the blue team's home column as Has No Name retreats, hoping to keep pace. Tumbles Down a Hill also wants to advance, but Bomb Diggety guards, initiating our first tussle!
► Show Spoiler
Tumbles is pinned! He must respawn in his home column.

Bomb Diggety wins one point for the blue team, 1 XP for winning a tussle, and 1 XP for sending Tumbles back to his home column.

Score: 1 to 0!

The second half of the turn has more excitement!

Stands Firm tackles C6 as Pats Dragons tackles south.
► Show Spoiler
Pats escapes!

Meanwhile, Yells At Others tackles north to meet his teammate.

Down at the bottom of the field, Has No Name makes a desperate grab at the rapidly fleeing Boar Slayer.
► Show Spoiler
Amazingly, No Name just manages to grab Boar Slayer's ankle, tripping the sprinting goblin before he can advance any further. Boar Slayer is pinned! He must respawn in his home column.

Has No Name wins one point for the blue team, 1 XP for winning a tussle, and 1 XP for sending Boar Slayer back to his home column.

Score: 2 to 0!

Righteous Charger, Stands Firm, Pats Dragons, and Yells At Others all have -1 to tussles next turn due to missed tackles.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 07, 2015 1:34 am

I'll remind you again, with pleasure: I don't get a minus 1 for missed tackles, ever. (Tackle Stamina 2) (Dreamer)

Also: I cannot cheer, but am cheered (image correct, text wrong)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu May 07, 2015 2:19 am

Fixed. Thanks.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 07, 2015 5:44 am

not that it matters in this instance, but the defender bonus should be +2 not +1
Defender. Gets +10% when Guarding or Tackling on own half.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu May 07, 2015 7:49 am

I did notice it was a +2. Could have sworn I wrote it right. Not sure what happened.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 07, 2015 7:55 am

Reminder: because it happens again and again: sending PMs to a whole group is done by selecting the group on the right side and pressing "add"
[url=https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2108047#p12884469]Ather[/url] on the phpBB forums wrote:[...] when making a New PM, select the Group's Name from the List given on the right side :
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CTF Game 3: Turn 4 (Dice Horribly)

Post by WearsHats » Thu May 07, 2015 10:58 pm

The players seem to be mostly converging on the red team's upper flag. CarvesAPumpkin retreats the flag square itself as Boar Slayer and Tumbles Down a Hill spawn on either side of it. Yells At Others tackles up with Pats Dragons cheering him on, but there's no one there. Most of the blue team advance, with the notable exception of Bomb Diggety, who retreats as Dreamer chases him.

In the second half of the turn, the red team continues to have no luck. (Moose, I swear this isn't revenge for how practice game 1 went...)

Stands Firm and Nerre advance on the flag square as CarvesAPumpkin and Tumbles Down a Hill defend. Boar Slayer decides the best defense is a good offense, but there's no one in front of him as he tackles ahead.

Righteous Charger tackles C6. Yells At Others would have guarded, but unfortunately tackling into the square in the first half ended his turn.
► Show Spoiler
Righteous Charger wins! He earns a point for the blue team and 1 XP for winning the tussle.

Yells At Others must spend the first half of next turn standing up.

Score: 3 to 0!

Bomb Diggety begins that old favorite, the turnaround tackle, heading for D4! But, at the same time, Dreamer launches a tackle at D3!
► Show Spoiler
Bomb Diggety wins! He lands on D4. Dreamer must respawn in his home column.

Bomb Diggety wins a point for the blue team, 1 XP for winning a tussle, and 1 XP for sending Dreamer back to his side of the field.

Score: 4 to 0!

The red team is just having no luck.

Boar Slayer and Has No Name have -1 to tussles next turn due to missed tackles.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 07, 2015 11:03 pm

what do you mean blue team has no luck? they stole all our luck.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 pm

What I mean is that I'm dyslexic. Fixing. Hopefully, that's the worst error this time.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Well at least you did not accidentally gave your opponents your move. :lol:

But i believe we have +10 bonus for being much better than the blue team in every way.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 07, 2015 11:22 pm

Don't forget people get a cumulate 5% guard penalty as well... ;)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 07, 2015 11:27 pm

sshhh... don't tell the other team that!!!!
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri May 08, 2015 12:35 am

Regarding XP: Dreamer did get uncontested to D4 (first half-turn), so should have received 1 advancement XP....
He did not get to D3, so my hoped-for 2 XP are not there (yet)....
► Show Spoiler
Let's see when we get out first dice win. Not even the "missed tackles" dice throws went in our favour. [edit] not true: Pats escaped a tackle in this turn.[/edit]
Oh, poor blue, when the dice will turn around you'll be weeping. We just need to find into the game.

Q @ Wears: How do you decide who gets which side of the dice? I've seen us getting the lower numbers for win (first half-turn), and I've seen you giving red the lower numbers for winning the dice throw.
The attacker gets the lower numbers?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri May 08, 2015 1:04 am

You're right about the XP. I'll fix that later.

As for dice order: Whoever has the net bonus gets the lower numbers. That makes it easier to double check that I've done the math right. Whatever the net bonus is, it gets added to 10. My dyslexia can cause stupid arithmetic errors to crop up, but I know a net bonus of +4 means you get 1-14. The ones column matches, so we're good, and I don't have to worry that I've done the subtraction and distribution right. The roll is totally random, so it doesn't matter if you have 1-6 or 15-20.

If it's even, like it was between you and Knuckles, the person whose action I'm evaluating gets the lower numbers. So, basically, whoever is tackling. If you're both tackling, blue gets the lower numbers.

In any case, I always decide before rolling the die.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri May 08, 2015 3:20 am

I just wanted to know. That's all. Thanks for explaining.
I just want it to be applied the same in all cases, and that you seem to do.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CTF Game 3: Turn 5 (Crit Happens)

Post by WearsHats » Fri May 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Before we begin: Two of our players will be busy this weekend and unable to play. They have each designated a proxy to control their characters until they get back. If anyone else wants to do the same, you may. However, if more than a couple of you are going to be away, I would suggest we pause the game until people are ready to play again. Think about it, talk amongst yourselves, and let me know.

Righteous Charger sprints ahead, with Bomb Diggety following right behind as Dreamer spawns in front of them and Hides Cloth lines up behind them. Boar Slayer, having nimbly faked the other team out by totally not accidentally posting his move to the full player list, advances towards the center line. CarvesAPumpkin isn't sure what to do, so his captain tells him to move up. (He confirms just as the update is about to be posted.) Stands Firm guards, with Nerre cheering him on. Down at the bottom, with everyone else in the area moving for the red side of the field, Pats Dragons begins sprinting past them towards blue territory.

Nerre tackles C6 as Yells At Others tackles out to C5.
► Show Spoiler
Yells At Others escapes.

Tumbles Down a Hill, Nerre, and Yells At Others all tackle row C, but manage to miss each other. Righteous Charger sprints past Dreamer as the defender moves ahead, winding up in the same square as Bomb Diggety. Down at the bottom, Pats Dragons makes it to blue territory while up at the top Boar Slayer continues his advance. But the real action is in the red team's upper flag square...

Stands Firm tackles into the flag square as CarvesAPumpkin, at his captain's urging, turns around to counter-tackle! Our two orange rookie defenders leap at each other...
► Show Spoiler
Against the odds, Stands Firm wins!

Stands Firm wins a point for the blue team for winning the tussle, another point for reaching the flag square, 1 XP for winning the tussle, and 1 advancement XP!

CarvesAPumpkin must spend the first half of next turn standing up.

Score: 6 to 0!

Tumbles Down a Hill, Nerre, and Yells At Others have -1 to tussles next turn due to missed tackles. Bomb Diggety and Pats Dragons have -1 to tussles next turn for sprinting and cannot sprint again for 2 turns. Righteous Charger cannot sprint again for 2 turns.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 pm

...sooo...what happens if a team wins and another gets 0 points? All because of the stupid dice?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri May 08, 2015 10:30 pm

You get to play again. With a different team.

But we're early yet. The game goes to 21. A successful flag capture would just about tie up the score. And there are bound to be more tussles. Blue team has a lead, but it's still anyone's game.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 08, 2015 10:36 pm

If the dice continue as they were...we stand no chance.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri May 08, 2015 10:49 pm

It happens. Happened to us in game 1. I still had fun, though. And with a game this big, you never know what will happen.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat May 09, 2015 1:54 am

And I keep forgetting that Attackers can sprint on the opponents half....

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat May 09, 2015 1:58 am

Just to let you know: I asked Chuck if he could send in a move for my char in Case I don't make it, and he agreed. I will try to send in something myself, but as I cannot guarantee it this weekend, I asked Chuck and Wears if it was okay.
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat May 09, 2015 3:59 am

Damn it, seems I did send it to all. Sending to groups is very hard it seems. Argh! Now I have to come up with another move. :(
:zzz:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat May 09, 2015 4:22 am

Nerre should of had a 50% chance to hit Yells. Why was there no roll for this?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10