Thuntworld Serial Killers Round 82 - Game over

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers Round 82 - First Kill up

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Well I have absolutely no clue who it could be. So time to blindfold myself and throw a dart at someone at random... I'm sorry, was that in your eye Dlover?

Regardless, I'm thinking he's referring to a character he's playing on this forum with his kill. I would have no idea what character though, if I'm even right with that.

Abstain (Dlover, Jib, Bob)
Bob (Whirdcheese)
Dlover (M0rtimer)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:20 pm

... So, you think I'm referencing to one of my characters, but you don't know who? I'll narrow it down if'n you'd like; I only have three characters on this forum, and one of them may as well be excluded. Not that much variety to choose from.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:21 pm

He selected at random, Dlover. Or, at least, that's what he's saying.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Yes. I picked at random (you) but I think the killer is (most likely) referring to a character he plays, out of the way he writes, unless it is supposed to reference to something else in which case I don't know what.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Ah, okay then.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Well this is awkward. Only one of you voted out of all nine of you. Bob it seems Cheese has decided that you must die. So with a heavy slash from my blade the evil dragon was destroyed once and for all. Also that wimpy mustached dragon got killed too. :p

Kill of the loner
I stand with the crowd, one of the first to arrive at the scene of the death. I sense the chaos and worry they are feeling, and imitate it to blend in, though I hardly need to pretend to be dismayed by death. I turn to leave, feigning illness, and catch sight of a man who seems familiar. Whether I have seen him before on the road, or perhaps I recognised his mind, he seems to be my next target. I take a moment to memorise what his mind feels like, to allow me to find him later, then return to my room, resolving to wait for night before I strike, when I shall not need to see the pain.

Darkness falls, and I creep from my room, blade at the ready. It is easy to find this one, for his mind seems to be in turmoil. I find him alone at the bar, a bow strung over his shoulder. Taking the time to examine him and his movements, I can see he is a half-breed, his body does not all match together perfectly, as though his two halves disliked each other. Perhaps this chaos is what drove him to violence. Regardless of his reasons, I move to send him from this world. I am distracted by a commotion from the entrance, as a group of people burst through the door, grab my target and run off with him. Recovering from my surprise, I follow them outside to see the man I was about to kill being lynched. These brutes are even killing each other, it's appalling. From the inn's door, I see one figure slinking away from the group. I may as well make use of this opportunity, so I send my knife flying across the courtyard, plunging into his neck. The blade and hilt become slick with blood, another reason to avoid being up close, and I resolve to leave it on the body. Retrieving it and trying to clean the bloody knife would draw suspicion to me, and they will find no finger prints on the blade, no hint of my presence at all.

Victim: M0rtimer

Players:
1. Bob - lynched
2. Dlover
3. Davecom3
4. Lunix
5. Jib
6. gamecreator
7.WhirdCheese
8. Loki
9. M0rtimer - Knifed

Updates will be at 9pm EST from now on
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers Round 82 - Second Kill up

Post by WhirdCheese » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:14 pm

All the mentions of chaos made me think of Civilization. Not sure who other than me plays that though.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:26 pm

"Wait I was too late for voting? Woops..."

"Anyways... If the chaos is referring to the Civilization game, Loki seems to be the only one playing it beside me. Except I'm dead. Or am I?"

"However, taking his character into account over there, I don't think it'd be a fit with how is telling it here. So while possible, it seems doubtful. It also seems our killer is either not an old player, or chose not to refer to me as "a rat". One of both."

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Frak I didn't notice the second page. I rolled a d2 and it still came out to you Bob
My Kickstarter

Lunix
Mutters to Themself

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers Round 82 - Sign Ups

Post by Lunix » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Theonewhoisodd wrote:My companions disagreed, but there have been cases of their disagreeing with my views before, and they have come around. I feel they will do so again.
Would seem to imply a veteran, particularly one that's found out the killer early but had to convince the rest to jump on the bandwagon. Not sure who that would imply, though.
Theonewhoisodd wrote:I can certainly be thankful for my ability to strike from a distance, as I do not think I could stand to be near the pitiful souls as the fall.
[...]
I stand in the dark, sensing the position of my opponent, ready to strike. I keep a blade at my side, waiting for the right moment. He crosses the room, still growing accustomed to the dark as I send the knife through the air to strike him in the chest, aiming for a fast kill. I strike true, as I always do. It seems I could almost change the direction mid-flight, should I need to.
Oh joy. Heat-seeking throwing knives. We're doomed. :P

In all seriousness, though, I feel like this is either a major herring, or a major clue -- and I'm leaning toward the latter, given that this spans the bulk of the dummy. (And was brought up again in the kill that went live while I was typing this out. Curse you, procrastination.) Doesn't hurt (help?) that gamecreator's avatar is Tenshi Hinanawi from the Touhou series, where physics-defying knives are often used as bullets and upper-torso shots are the only ones that matter. ... Also there's a mind reader adept at mimicking those she reads.

(Loki, who shares a name with the Chaotic Evil god of chaotic chaos, is my second bet.) :P

gamecreator (Lunix)
Avvy by GitP's Serpentine.

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:32 pm

I vote for Loki

Chaotic god of chaos and also the only survivor other than me in Civilization.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:23 pm

Lunix wrote:Would seem to imply a veteran, particularly one that's found out the killer early but had to convince the rest to jump on the bandwagon. Not sure who that would imply, though.
Have the innocents won a round on these forums yet? We probably would have had to win for that to be a valid clue.

So, clues point toward both Loki and GameCreator. As is usual, I have next to no clue who the better choice of voting is, so it's a coin toss, I guess? And the result is Loki.

GameCreator......1....(Lunix)
Loki................2....(WhirdCheese, Dlover)
My game:

My characters:

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 am

Seems legit

gamecreator....2....(Lunix, Jib)
Loki..............2....(WhircCheese, Dlover)
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 am

WhirdCheese, that statement's not accurate. Both Jibjib and I have participated in the Civilization game.

I suppose I'll add my vote against Loki as I'm not aware enough of the series that gamecreator's avatar comes from to readily verify the claim made about it, although there is enough known about Loki to connect him to chaos.

Loki..............3....(WhircCheese, Dlover, Davecom3)

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:31 am

Lunix, Tenshi's bullets are ball-shaped. So are Satori's. So are almost everyone's. Also your guess looks quite farfetched.

Lunix............1....(gamecreator)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:37 am

The killer writes the kills, GM handles the lynchings and rulings. As well as anything else they feel like, because of rule 0.

Edit: 'the kills' being everything from "Kill of ..." to "Victim: ..."
My game:

My characters:

Loki
Of Few Words

Post by Loki » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 am

Self-preservation and whatnot.

gamecreator....3....(Lunix, Jib, Loki)
Lunix............1....(gamecreator)
ÔÇ£Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos, IÔÇÖm an agent of chaos , and you know the thing about chaos? ItÔÇÖs fair."

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:06 am

I changed my mind. I don't want to die.

Loki..............4....(WhirdCheese, Dlover, Davecom3, gamecreator)
gamecreator....3....(Lunix, Jib, Loki)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:11 am

"Actually scrap what I said it's definitely a regular."

"The whole kill M0rt first thing and all that." :roll:

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 am

Because it's too much fun not to kill the rat king :p
My Kickstarter

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 pm

So, in other words, you're basically accusing Dlover, M0rt? I don't believe we've ever been in games of TWSK together, and, of the people still alive, I think Dlover's the only potential killer who has been in these games longer than me.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

It's a sad day when I'm considered the most experienced in... Well, anything.
My game:

My characters:

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Well Loki it looks like your time is finally up. Thor is coming to end your pitiful existance. Nothing personal but the dwarves definitely don't like you or your tree creations. Huh? Who new burning deity smelled like chicken.

By the way guys I'm sorry it took so long to get this up the time got away from me because of my sick nephew.

Also Loki wasn't the killer.

Kill of the Loner
These people do not even seem surprised by the deaths around them. They act as if this is a common occurrence. As the crowd moves from the lynching to the fresh murder, I inconspicuously tag along, I go to stand at the front, where the others will not see the distaste evident on my face. There is talk of failing to catch the killer, mention that they lynched the wrong person. I understand now that the earlier violence they had exhibited upon my target was an attempt to stop the deaths, though they seem to have chosen purely at random. This insanity, an attempt to manipulate chance in order to find the correct person, it is ridiculous. I cannot fathom how this course of action could seem rational to them. Yet, in order to disguise myself, I may need to imitate them, ugly as their minds may be.

The crowd breaks up, and everyone retires for the night, not bothering to bury the bodies. I move toward the docks, where I can be alone, and one of them follows me. This seems ideal, another target already. I may have no weapon with me, but against a solitary target I am certain of my abilities. I stop near a fair sized vessel, harpoons lining its edges, allowing the man to walk past. I can feel his eyes running over me, as though he hunted me, but I am the master of the hunt. He passes me by as I watch the boat before me, as though I had taken an interest in it. I can read his thoughts, of hostility and violence. He acted passively earlier, but I cannot expect him to remain as such.

I stand erect as I pass out of his sight, bringing one of the harpoons to my shoulder and casting it toward him. Punching through his chest, he is sent to his knees, gasping for breath, clutching at his chest where the point emerges. This death would be slow and painful, I can see. His mind is clouded by fear and pain, and he is not thinking straight, but even so, I cannot leave him in this way, in this pain. I pull the harpoon from his chest and plunge it through his head, ending his suffering quickly. I turn and return swiftly to the Inn, before others become suspicious of my absence.

Victim: Jibjib

Players:
1. Bob - lynched
2. Dlover
3. Davecom3
4. Lunix
5. Jib - Harpooned
6. gamecreator
7.WhirdCheese
8. Loki - lynched
9. M0rtimer - Knifed
My Kickstarter

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Well... Backup plan? I dunno, never am any good at finding clues.

Also: Apparently nine people is ideal. The killer will have to get all of us killed in order to succeed.
My game:

My characters:

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers Round 82 - Third Kill up

Post by WhirdCheese » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Why so many herrings towards me? I mean

"I go to stand at the front"

Plus there's a bunch of things like this is a new player.

Um... now that I've accused myself I'm going to accuse the first voter of Gamecreator.

Lunix.....1....(Cheese)