Thuntworld Serial Killers- Round 80 Part 2 (Killer Wins!)

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers- Round 80 Part 2 (Second Kill

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:32 am

Weird... Sorry I thought I had voted for herds with everyone else...

Um, I got nothing. I'm posting from my phone, so no way to analyze everything.

Gonna go with Bob.

Bob........ (Croverus)

Lunix
Mutters to Themself

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers- Round 80 Part 2 (Third Kill U

Post by Lunix » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm

I ... I just don't know who to lynch anymore! Maybe Herds was right?

Bob.......1......(Croverus)
Dlover....1......(Lunix)
Avvy by GitP's Serpentine.

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

If anyone is interested I am currently working on muddling through both the old forum and the old new forum to get all of the TWSK games transferred into the Completed TWSK sub-forum.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:10 pm

I still haven't seen anything that points towards anybody directly, but I'll keep working on it, and if I see anything I'll let you guys know. My thought that the accent marks being a kind of clue hasn't shed any light so far, either. Frankly,I'm about ready to give up on that idea providing us with any insight on our killer, as if it is a clue, it still seems way too difficult to figure it out.

Bob.......2......(Croverus, Davecom3)
Dlover....1......(Lunix)

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers- Round 80 Part 2 (Second Kill

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:15 am

lingrem wrote:The rest of you... think about that. The murderer is helping clean up his own mess, and you aren't helping me keep the new Gobl'Inn clean what so ever. Be ashamed of yourselves![/color]
Look, I'mma dog, what do you want me to do to help clean up? Lick myself? No way in hell that's happening, I keep rolling in the dead people, and they taste horrid!

In other words: Arf arf woof urf bark yap rurgle narf.

In words you may understand: I Have no clue who the killer is, and it's at the point where my eyes hardly pick up the accents in the kill. Hmm, maybe... KILL THE FOREIGNER! What? That could explain the accents.

Bob.......2......(Croverus, Davecom3)
Dlover....1......(Lunix)
Lunix.....1.....(Dlover)

Code: Select all

├Ünfortunate people; I see ├┐ou doing littl├¬ to save yourselves when there is great need for speed. A tw├¼sted metal spoon now sticks out of your killer's next victim; DoubleFried's soul now swirling down into oblivion. ├æow, if ├┐ou list├¬n car├½fully, you can st├»ll hear the cries of those who went ├║nsaved war├▒ing you, tales of the abyss into which you are heading, warning you back from the dark cloud that awaits you. G├Á on, then; and take heed; s├│ as to find the one who did this deed, spilling blood as if a sort of eternal poison. Y├┤u ne├¬d to be aware of your killer`s heart`s desire; and if you hold any hop├®s of remaining safe, you must prevent the killer's final fantasy from reaching fruition.
And yeah, I see nothing the the code.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 am

Quick notice on Lingrem's behalf - cable is out across her entire town, and she's not sure when it will be repaired. It might be a while before she's able to post again. Hopefully not too long...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:00 am

This round is cursed.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:45 am

Well, at least, we have a bit longer to work out whatever clues our killer might have left us.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 am

Seems internet is back up - I'll make the update tonight when I get home!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:55 am

Bob... your silence this round had apparently made you veeeerry suspicious to everyone. Sorry to say it.. but well, you'll be continuing that silence in your grave.

The rest of you: are you actually working all together here? I'm beginning to think that you're intentionally trying to ruin the reputation of the Gobl'Inn!

And least you didn't totally trash the place...

But you let the DOG roll around in the dead bodies?!?! Remind me to never, ever, hire any of you to look after the Inn for me, alright?

Kill of the Outcast

├ìt it obvious that you are in need of a great deal of help; and I suppose ├«t is upto me to help you along your path as you attempt to select your killer. You ├▒eed to tak├½ more stock in what has b├¬en said as you start your search. As it stands ├¢ou seem to be down to the wire; and ├¼t fails to be apparent that you are doing more than clutching at random straws. ├ïven though there have been a mult├»tude ├Áf clues given, it seems that if you are left t├ your own dev├¼ces, you will simply flounder.
Yoür killer has already made hîs next move, cookìng Croverus in a waffle iron. And so it seems that ít will be too late for him; în any case. I was going to leave you all with some properly seasoñed troglodytë jerky, straight from thê delta, although it seems your killer has something else in mind. Croverus seems to have been baked into a gigantic waffle, the iron's plates marking what looks like a huge game of tic~tac-toe right across thê tôp of hìs skin, so stick to your guns and catch the killer before your time is up as well.

Victim:CroverusRaven

.................. my waffle iron? Really Outcast, my WAFFLE IRON?! you HAD to go and contaminate my waffle iron when I was stuck without access here????

1. Bob Lynched by silence
2. Loki Murdered
3. Davecom3
4. DoubleFried Spooned
5. Oddity Lynched
6. Lunix
7. Dlover
8. WhirdCheese Grilled after lynching
9. HerdsCats Herded
10. Orga T. Strange Knifed
11. CroverusRaven Cooked
----------------------------------------
Last chance guys! Sorry for the delay in the round though :(

I'mBob
Game Master

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers- Round 80 Part 2 (Fourth Kill

Post by I'mBob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:09 am

It's Lunix In my opinion. Not really sure why but I think it's him.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Lunix
Mutters to Themself

Post by Lunix » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:51 pm

I? You wound me, sir dragon.

This latest kill would seem to imply that no one has even tried to accuse the real killer thus far. And since Dlover and I pointed at each other last round ...

Davecom3....1....(Lunix)

(Mexican standoff gogogo!)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Or maybe the killer was pointing to the fact we haven't come up with any solid hints. I'm not sure, and I'm also not sure we should take the killer's word for it if he's implying what you think. After all, that would seem to me to be much too blatant a clue for it to be much more than a mislead.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Also, a Mexican stand-off would only be possible if the killer allowed it. Is there something you're dying to tell us, Lunix?

Lunix
Mutters to Themself

Post by Lunix » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Oooh, did I just hit a nerve? Yeah, definitely voting for you then. :P

By "Mexican standoff" I was referring to that there's only 3 of us left, all pointing at each other. First one to get 2 votes against him dies horribly. And two ways out of three we get the wrong guy, game over, killer wins with a clean sweep.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:37 pm

That's the problem with the setup you're suggesting, though. There's absolutely nothing stopping the killer from switching later on, so doing a Mexican standoff gives the killer the game. It's tactically unsound. Makes me extremely suspiciou of you.

Davecom3....1....(Lunix)
Lunix.............1...(Davecom)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Also, perhaps down to the wire has something to do with you, given UNIX and Linux are computer operating systems, wherein wires likely play a heavy part. Your name seems to be some sort of amalgam of those.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Still saying the accents indicate the new guy. Foreigner to the forum, foreign people normally have a strange accent. Y'see?

Davecom3....1....(Lunix)
Lunix..........2...(Davecom, Dlover)

Though if it does turn into a Mexican standoff, I'm bringing my raptor. And the Death Star. That's only banned from official competitions.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Sorry Lunix... I know you're new to these parts, but you'll not be forgotten! Even if you were thrown out to the dogs.... Dlover, the way that you tore him apart... that wasn't very kind of you! You shouldn't play with your food like that!

Kill of the Outcast

├ôn that fi├▒al day, as you citizens flailed about hopelessly, I watched one yo├╗ng goblin as he finish├¬d the game he had been playing on his video console, something called "O├║tcast 3: The Fork of Spear"; finally sla├┐ing the fin├ól boss, a massive doberman, and approached the bar to find out when the regulars would get in. He t├▓tally ├»gnored the fact that Dl├Áver's heart now was la├¢ing ├»n a bowl of peanuts, although the sight was terribl├¢ disturbing t├Á me. Instead; he turned h├«s attention back to h├¼s console where the words "Davecom3 signing out" were flashing, and then, as the console turned itself off, the Inn and all its surroundings faded to black, the scenario ending and a new player awaiting his, or perhaps her, turn.

Victim:Dlover

What?? Even the dog is Dead? Dave!!! You horrid man, have you really been trying to get the Inn closed down when it's only just reopened? What do you think you're doing putting a heart into a bowl of peanuts? That's contamination! You are going to have to pay for the professional cleaners to come in here and clean up your mess buddy!

Killer Wins!

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Re: Thuntworld Serial Killers- Round 80 Part 2 (Killer Wins!

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Man, I never guessed that the Virtual Reality machine would work so well that you'd be fooled by it even after the simulation ended.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm

rofl... I forgot that part when I remembered that I needed to post the update :P

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Kind of disappointed in the results this round, honestly. If they'd run a forum search on "rats" or "fork", or caught the clues that pointed to the console and searched for "console" on the forums, they'd have definitely caught me. For some reason, though, they didn't even spend the time to do that. I admit the code was complex, especially if they have no access to a console, perhaps even a North American PS3, though I'm not sure one would be required. Still, it might have been breakable, being a simple cypher, brought about by hitting L2 and hiding the words in each sentence.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Seriously, who's going to search for the words rat or fork, form all of the words in those kills?
My game:

My characters:

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 am

You guys had remarked on the rat comment, which might have seemed out of place. That said, you immediately assumed it was a connection to m0rt, rather than something mostly quoted from the forum. The fact you guys did clue in on rat, as it tends to be a keyword to refer to m0rt, should have given you enough incentive to search for the word. Or, maybe, it could have drawn you to look for players who have participated in one of m0rt's games. Whether you would have made anything of the fork is hard to say,though, as you've tried to find killers by murder weapon before.

As for clues that would link you to consoles, I thought "final fantasy" would be a big one, intermingled with "twisted metal", "oblivion", "need for speed", "tales of the abyss", "dark cloud", and "eternal poison" I'd hoped you guys would have a chance of drawing something from that. Then, I'd also hoped you might continue looking for clues to the console if you had any leanings that direction, and mentioned "start", "select" up, down, left, right, delta, and a giant tic-tac-toe board which would logically be made of Xs, Os, and squares. Further, had you any memories of the April's Fool prank on the last board, or had you paid any attention to the characters in our Minesweeper game, you might have worked out thatproperly seasoned troglodyte jerky would be some "Salty Lizard".The clues were there. You just seemed to overlook them all. You did have time to try them as possible leads, and since you didn't make any progress on the cypher, I'm surprised you didn't seem to attempt to follow the other leads.