The keystone Chronicles

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The keystone Chronicles

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:01 am

So, two things;

One, I'm probably not going to be available for the next three weekends. I'm basically fully booked. It's looking like my only free time is going to be after 6pm UK time on Sunday 28th.

And two, while I've had a ton of fun playing as Tim, I'd be happy to reroll a new character too. He's not the most...sensible character ever, and I don't want to make a pattern of him running into danger. Plus it looks like a proper full-time spellcaster or healer might be something the group needs :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:11 am

Session 3 summary

Following the reset, the adventurers were left confused, but realising something ought to be done... Uther, Rohorn and Timothy instantly went back to the church, figuring there they might find the head priest that holds more information. Here they meet each other by circumstance- Their other friends likely having tried other avenues first, and missing each other in the process. They find no priest there, but do learn of where he should be. Investigating, they find father Elrond holding a ceremony for the dead, and manage to talk to him afterwards. The adventurers revelation fills the old man with shock and confusion, though he seemed to know exactly what it was the adventurers were talking about.

He agreed to aid the adventurers, and immediately returned to the chapel- There he revealed a hidden passage, that lead as an immediate shortcut to the temple before. The adventurers were ready for more combat, but found the hall currently abandoned: it seemed the ritual had not yet started. While Elrond would begin a ceremony to try and amend what was broken, the adventurers decided to go up the passage they had came down from last time- To make sure they would not be interrupted.

The adventurers found themselves interrupting a dark ceremony, a woman just mere seconds away from being sacrificed by more of the cultists. Spotted, and with little hesitation to interrupt, they initiated battle as the woman's life was threatened... Tim, rashly decided to play hero and rushed in- And while initially doing well, dodging multiple attacks, the tides turned when one of cultists paralyzed him under the effect of the spells. There he was ganged upon, and while he managed briefly to escape and retreat, it was ultimately futile... As one of the leaders managed to get a hold of him while unconscious, and carved him a new "smile".

Still, the remaining ones soon managed to clean up and get appropriate revenge for their fallen comrade, before returning back to the original site. There they allowed the ritual to finish, though father Elrond revealed that with all the seals apparently having been broken, all of them would need to be fixed before the gate could be fully closed again. The golem confirmed that if the seals could be fixed, one by one, this would remain even after the "reset"- And so the adventurers went to learn what they could about these remaining seals

Session 3 post-session
The adventurers joined father Elrond, and his "disciple", the elf Maria, in the library to investigate a multitude of books for the information they need. In ancient tomes, and even rewritten versions given the age, they find some obscure information... It seemed that the information they need is so old no one has been "keeping up" on it for a long time, left forgotten. A lot of information may be outdated now, but in essence they find this:

-The first seal was given to Krendoran the first, great dwarven king, who added it to his own hoard for protection. It likely has remained in their capital for all this time- Though where exactly it is now, among all the descendants of this first king of old, would be a mystery to be investigated.
-The second seal was given to Aesir the wise, elven king, who constructed a magical labyrinth to guard it. This labyrinth one remembers actually still exists today- Though whether anyone remains who recalls the secret passages and navigation of the now deadly labyrinth is another matter entirely.
-The third seal was given to Grimbald, a great human scholar who supposedly was a major help with the actual creation of the seals. He took this to his private sanctum, somewhere in the middle of nowhere- A rough estimate reveals it'd be at least a days travel from the nearest waystone. And of course, it has been so long no one knows for sure if anyone still resides there, or how the man would have arranged for it's defense- If anything.
-The fourth seal was given to Morhadur the mighty, leader of a tribe of dragonborn, who sought to guard the seal with might alone. This... Apparently didn't work out as planned. In many years past now, their tribe was wiped out in orc raids, and their waystone destroyed so no help could come. Now, the closest way to travel would take three days, and be a rather perilous journey...

It appeared the adventurers did at least have some more time, at least. As the clock picked past midnight, no reset came just yet... It seemed the ritual that had been performed had spared them one more day.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 am

Also if you guys have a vague idea of what you plan to do next session (be that investigating one of those sites closer or something else) that'd be good so I know what to have prepped. :shifty:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Well I know that the somewhat wise Uther would think either going to Krendoran or Aesir...as those two more 'accessible' seals based on the descriptions since the team has 48 hours before reset...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:11 pm

I'll go with the crowd who were at the last session(s) and let them decide. But I agree that getting the easy ones first is a good plan :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Same, Dinnus wouldn't have any idea.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:56 pm

After that monkey business where are Grey and Uthar sitting health wise? You both have second wind so I am guessing that neither of you needs any healing, and would either benefit from a short rest?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm about half HP I think. A shirt rest wouldn't go amiss, but I should also be ok without for a while unless we meet another charging Minotaur.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Uther is an elf he doesn't rest but meditate in the way...Yeah...little damage on Uther at the moment

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:18 am

Yesterday was a fun session if perhaps a bit short. I'll be making sure to do some work to hopefully have it perform better by next time! While I'd be working on it would you guys prefer two wide hallways or is the one tile wide a good limitation..?

I'll be making another session summary and doodle soon too!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:56 am

With three players it's manageable, but if we had more it'd be annoying to deal with constantly. Maybe 10-for wide corridors could be standard and you can drop it to 5 feet (or less) just where you want to include choke points?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:01 am

Potentially... I'm looking to just resize the map, that would require actual editing :p

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:47 am

Lol! Then never mind :D

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:20 pm

So we on for this weekend or?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:39 pm

For this week... Seems we don't have input from Thinks yet? If she can, we should have four players again, so then we play. Otherwise we skip a week.

Doodle: https://doodle.com/poll/f9ztdnzgmvzchkm6

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:18 pm

I will be able to let you know tomorrow morning if I can or not. There's another Saturday morning event I promised I'd go to, but I don't know if it's happening...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:08 am

This week Sunday would be preferable. Kinda made plans since it didn't look like Saturday was happening.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:14 am

Yeah, Saturday atm is looking like it won't be an option from the doodle at least. There's no pressure though, if you can't make it we'll just skip a week and meet up hopefully the next one. (That should also give me the time to actually work on the map after the last time has been hell. :shifty: )

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:19 am

All right, Sat is ok for me and I think I can do Sunday morning if that's the plan.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Ow wait, I mischecked- Looking at marked times it seems you guys are only ready to start playing at around 7pm? I know that's too late for my friend at least, and that'd be early afternoon for Thinks, so it's looking like we have another skipped week.

No problem though! I'm gonna set up a couple new doodles soon to arrange the next session. :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:36 pm

ok, sounds good :) Next week-ish it is.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:37 pm

Duly noted.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:34 pm

I will give all of your best to Mickey and team...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 pm

To start off with the most important thing first: new doodles!

https://doodle.com/poll/qb79mfbuch4weykh
https://doodle.com/poll/qerknayv3qie335d

(No doodle for three weeks from now- I'll be on vacation!))

Session 4 summary
After the party had largely reassembled, plans were made to tackle one of four seals, the decision made to first travel to the Elven kingdom. For this they traveled through the waystone for the first time... As a group, at least. Dinnus had been there before, and could easily serve as the "navigator" for the travel this time.

Arriving, they were briefly halted by some guards, kindly asked to provide information as to their stay there... And with some persuasion, eventually were helped to be brought to someone who knew more of the labyrinth they needed more info about, the local vizier. The man seemed surprised to hear of the fact that the adventurers knew of the seal that was kept in the labyrinth, but was a bit more willing to help them with that information. As much use as he was- All he could really tell them was that there used to be a lamp that offered safe passage through the place, but nowadays no one remained that knew the place, and that it had wickered out of control.

On further probing he also comes to reveal someone else had asked about the labyrinth in recent times, though assures them the person in question could be of no threat- None other than the elven prince, Lauriel himself. Mentioning him he seems almost annoyed by something relating to the man in question... Though it is not probed further in favor of trying to get in contact with him in person. That, and the adventurers had decided to reveal the full extent of what was going on... At which point it became quite clear the man was now considering them crazy.

The adventurers sadly find their progress into the castle blocked by the guards, who after some persuasion agree to hand over one of the cultist pendants to the prince, though at no rush... The adventurers now turning to the laybrinth outside the city. A relatively short walk away they find the massive tree, and it's hedge-covered roots forming the labyrinth. This is also where we leave them off- Having traversed through part of the labyrinth having fought off some skeletons, minotaurs, and a bunch of monkeys throwing... "Rocks". Much of the labyrinth seemed to remain...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:31 am

Bumping this up quickly, haven't gotten a response yet on those doodles :o