Pokemon Tabletop United: Trinity Isles

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United: Trinity Isles

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 am

Some or the fairy moves are also messed up and have status when they should have special.

I guess i should detail what classes i am going for. Pokethrope (caterpie), Glamour Weaver, Coordinator (cute), Style expert (cute), and prob type ace (fairy)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:46 am

Hey, can we apply Poke-edges and the effects of features we start with to our Starter Pokemon?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:55 am

I already decided to say yes to Theis who is considering hatcher considering the hatcher starting feature, so yes.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:26 am

Where is the pokethrope class?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:42 am

Poketrophe is a homebrew that me and Burns discussed over skype. Essentially, it means your character is part pokemon. I decided that I'd allow it, but being limited in choice.

I then jokingly suggested she should go with a butterfree and glamour weaver for the fairy wings, and she went with it. :roll:

You can find the poketrophe class here: http://arcran.wikidot.com/pokethrope

Oh by the way, everyone will be starting with 3000 pokecoins. Whatever currency it might be. (Though you won't get to spend any until after the "introducory tournament")

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:43 am

http://arcran.wikidot.com/pokethrope

You need morts permission, and a reason to be one.

And i went for it because it is halarious. And surprisingly useful, once i am able to use status moves

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:16 am

Er, that's an out-of-date version: the most up-to-date version's found in the PDF found here

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 am

Let me give a look through that and see if it changes anything...

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:29 am

It does. It's basically a balance overhaul, since the one linked in the wiki is kinda broken as-is. Basically, Domestication now has a heck of a drawback, and utilizing Stances locks out all other classes until the Stance is dropped. Basically, you can use Pokethrope or you can use your normal trainer classes, but you can't use both at the same time. The whole thing's basically been brought down to saner levels.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:35 am

Looking it through, looks fine to me. You're right in that poketrophe itself was probably a bit too powerful, hence that I was being strict on what pokemon would be allowed. (and the butterfree line isn't too powerful)

It does remind me though Burns, that you'll need to make sure that somehow any abilities/moves/capabilities you get are kept separate from those you get from other classes, considering you'll only have access to them while in a stance. (And won't have access to any others.) You'll also need to get the features and such implemented in your sheet. You can either do that, or give me permissions and I'll see what I can do once I have time.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:09 am

Poketrophe looks interesting, though the only thing I can think of is making a shedinja Poketrophe/lasher/hunter/roughneck. That way they really will be a soulless bastard.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 am

Not sure how one becomes one of those though, because of the shedig process.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 am

Not to mention shedinja would definitely be on my "not allow" list.

That or when you become a ninjask the shedinja is your evil double clone... :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:17 pm

On another note... With it having been a few days, and no one having shown any interest (besides Sam in a different thread, and he may still join if he'd want to), I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that this is all we're having. And with 8 (or 9 if Sam joins/Someone else shows up) that's pretty much an ideal number.

So with that being said... We'll only be able to start at least the 6th since I'll be leaving in two days. (and will be gone most of tomorrow, hence that I'm posting this now.)

But if everyone can prepare their sheets and other stuff by the 6th, we'll be able to start soon after.

I'll be able to answer any more questions tomorrow, but from then on until the 6th I won't have much internet access, and any detailed answers for that time until the 6th are pretty much a no.

So what I'd like is a filled in sheet, a backstory, and the additions I requested. (That being mainly the legendary list.)

Hope you guys are as excited as I am. :)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Sorry, I am definitely interested. I've been trying to read through the book but haven't had much time due to work. I'll probably need some help with character creation, but I hope to have the character basics down before I go to sleep tonight. I still need to finish looking at classes and see which ones I like.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 pm

*attempts to point to earlier when Scynch was creatig a character*

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:06 pm

I'll be using that, though I may have a few questions. First off, after looking through the classes, the ones that appealed to me the most were Rogue, Rider, Warper, and Ace Trainer (not necessarily in that order), with Survivalist and Enduring Soul being backups for the 5th class.

Is that build doable? Or will I be stretched too thin focusing on all of those skill at once?

Now I'm going to look at the pokedex to see how awesome the legendaries are. :woot
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 pm

It looks good. You'd only need Acrobatics, Guile, Command, and a dash of Focus (for Warper) for your four main selections, and since Rogue grants extra skills, you should easily be able to cover that. Generally, so long as your classes have overlapping skills (and yours do), you won't be stretching yourself thin. It's only when you have classes with completely different skill sets that you run into issues.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 am

Now I'm going to look at the pokedex to see how awesome the legendaries are.
Don't forget to take a look at the blessed and damned as well then... :roll:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:53 am

So, question, Mortimer.

How hard will you hit me if I start with a Lucario?

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:01 am

Can you guys let me know if I've done something wrong with my document please.

I've started with Survivalist/Enduring Soul and am heading to Rider, but I wonder if I should drop Survivalist - it doesn't seem that great. Maybe a Roughneck/Rider then head for Enduring Soul. So many choices!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:18 am

Hmm... Why not a riolu, exactly?

Synch, that is looking just fine to me. :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:19 am

I considered the natural theory talent myself but I changed it. You have to manually set it to put in the mind bonus to survival as well.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:33 am

M0rtimer wrote:Hmm... Why not a riolu, exactly?
Technically, he would be starting with a Riolu. One that had been evolved via Inspired Growth. :lol:

Actually, I'm probably going to go with a training feature. Especially with the build I have in mind for it, starting off with a Lucario would be so broken it wouldn't even be funny. (Lucario, Pedigree, Mixed Sweeper, and Mentor = a L10 murder machine. Not kidding in the slightest, we'd be talking about a pokemon starting off with 82 stat points, high capabilities, and some seriously dangerous moves, where most pokemon will only be starting with ~50 total stat points and very limited mobility and movepool.)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 am

Yeah, I'd probably be inclined to the "No. Bad Nioca" side myself. :roll:

Honestly, I was mostly asking since I was wondering if you were going for an aura user build after all, and wanted the lucario for it's aura reader ability. With that being said, that not being the case I am slightly hesitant to allow a riolu in the first place, though I'll barely allow it. Though I'm not gonna allow you to use a forced evolution beforehand for the exact reason you outlined.

If you'd want to pick up the feature and use it somewhere along the game though, I guess I can't stop you... :roll: