3.5 dnd game.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Re: 3.5 dnd game.

Post by Tea » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:59 am

Okay, I have the one weapon, is there anything against using the equipment fund to cover a second (looking at a scythe or sickle to go with the crossbow I ended up choosing)?

Otherwise, short of dealing with the daily bit, I believe I'm done.

While I'm at it, some ideas.
pull an Indian Jones and the Temple of Doomesque reaching into people to get at their innards (on second thought, this one could be worked with, perhaps a pretty good chance to miss and then a pretty good chance not to hit a vital organ, and somehow not completely ignoring armor would probably be good too.)
Force-pushing things (limited to nearby, lighter-weight objects, can't preform complicated maneuvers, requires concentration)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:06 am

You can use the equipment fund for extra weapons if you wish.

As for your dailies those sound alright but the heart grabbing one is going to be a little less fetal.
Here is an example of how your daily might work.

Flesh pull: ( You reach out and grab your oppenent and yank out some of his flesh.)
Minor action.
Attack: BAB+ STR
DMG: You do 1d6+STR and the oppenent is shaken for a round and takes -2 to checks. The oppenent is also dealt bleeding damage that does 1 point of damage a round until the wound is healed.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:51 pm

I have a lot of combat-oriented bits going, so as interesting as a life of disembowelment would be, maybe something a little different.

Speak(Eavesdrop on) with Vermin: like speak with anything else, except for anything defined as vermin (which seems to be limited to the bugs, at least according to the Enlarge Vermin spell). Can only be used on a single species at a time but not limited to one creature of that species. (a single ant is probably pretty useless, but maybe the ant colony knows where a store of food or a group of enemies is)

Out of interest, are we treating dailies more of an inherent ability or were they learned/gained later?

Otherwise, I am done. Shall I send it to you (a preferred format?) or just put it up here. (or just keep it to myself, but I think a final check to make sure everythingÔÇÖs in order would probably be a good idea anyway).

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:21 pm

The speak with animals is fine. The dailys can be treated as something your taught or you just have a inherent ability. Whatever your preference. As you grow in level ( and your dailies grow in strength.) it can either be your power growing stronger or your just learning. Whatever makes sense for the power.

You can post a sheet here. When we start i'll make a OOC thread and post all the sheets there.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:26 pm

[I figured out most of the basic stuff and then fed it into a generator, IÔÇÖve double checked a couple of the numbers and theyÔÇÖre consistent with what I came up, was going to do it all by hand but towards the end it was getting to the point where it was just faster to let the computers crunch things]
[phew, lots of formatting]

Name: ├äkk ├£rgeshkÔÇÖ [for the sake of not whipping out the special characters panel every time I have to type, IÔÇÖm calling him Akk, and he really doesnÔÇÖt expect anyone else to have a high enough opinion of him to bother with fancy marks over some of the letters]
Male Half-Orc Cleric 4
Chaotic Neutral
Diety: Grummesh

Strength 13 (+1)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 6 (-2)

Size: Medium
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 210 lb
Skin: Gray
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black Wavy; Beardless

Domains: Strength War
Energy: Negative [Harmful / Rebukes Undead]
Total Hit Points: 31
Speed: 20 feet [armor]
Armor Class: 15 = 10 +4 [scale] +1 [dexterity]
Touch AC: 11
Flat-footed: 14
Initiative modifier: +1 = +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +6 = 4 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +2 = 1 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save: +7 = 4 [base] +3 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +4 = 3 [base] +1 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +4 = 3 [base] +1 [strength]
Attack (missile): +4 = 3 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +4 = 3 [base] +1 [strength]

Light load: 50 lb. or less
Medium load: 51-100 lb.
Heavy load: 101-150 lb.
Lift over head: 150 lb.
Lift off ground: 300 lb.
Push or drag: 750 lb.

Languages
Common, Orc, Abyssal (from cleric), Undercommon (from orc)

Weapons and Armor
Scythe [18 gp 2d4, crit x4, 10 lb., two-handed, piercing or slashing]
Heavy Crossbow (simple) [50gp 1d10 19ÔÇô20/├ù2 120 ft. 8 lb.]
Scale mail [medium; +4 AC; max dex +3; check penalty -4; 30 lb.]

Feats:
(chosen)
Endurance
Empower Spell
(from cleric, domains)
Weapon Focus x1 [war domain, sect weapon spear/longspear]

(* = check penalty for wearing armor)
Skill Name Key Ability Skill Modifier Ability Modifier Ranks Misc. Modifier
Appraise Int 0 = +0
Balance Dex* 2 = +1 +1
Bluff Cha -2 = -2
Climb Str* 1 = +1
Concentration Con 5 = +2 +3
Craft_1 Int 0 = +0
Craft_2 Int 0 = +0
Craft_3 Int 0 = +0
Diplomacy Cha -2 = -2
Disguise Cha -2 = -2
Escape Artist Dex* 1 = +1
Forgery Int 0 = +0
Gather Information Cha -2 = -2
Heal Wis 5 = +3 +2
Hide Dex* 1 = +1
Intimidate Cha -2 = -2
Jump Str* -5 = +1 -6 [speed 20]
Listen Wis 3 = +3
Move Silently Dex* 1 = +1
Perform_1 Cha -2 = -2
Perform_2 Cha -2 = -2
Perform_3 Cha -2 = -2
Perform_4 Cha -2 = -2
Perform_5 Cha -2 = -2
Ride Dex 1 = +1
Search Int 0 = +0
Sense Motive Wis 5 = +3 +2
Spot Wis 3 = +3
Survival Wis 4.5 = +3 +1.5
Swim Str** 1 = +1
Use Rope Dex 1 = +1

[
Zero-level Cleric spells: 5 per day
First-level Cleric spells: 4 (3+1) per day +1 from a domain:
Second-level Cleric spells: 3 (2+1) per day +1 from a domain:
Prayer: hour during sunset

Half-Orc:
+2 strength / -2 intelligence / -2 charisma (already included)
Darkvision (see 60 feet in pitch-dark)

Cleric:
Alignment Aura [chaos and evil]
Spontaneous Casting (harm)
Rebuke Undead (1x/day)
High wisdom (bonus spells)
Domains: War:
Strength:

Class HP rolled
Level 1:
Cleric 8
Level 2:
Cleric 8
Level 3:
Cleric 3
Level 4:
Cleric 4 +1 to strength

├äkk ├£rgeshkÔÇÖ's Equipment:
Cost(gp) Weight(lb) Item Name
18 48 Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above) (cost listed is only for the scythe)
3 3 Crossbow bolts (quiver of 10) x3
2 2 Backpack
.5 3 Blanket, winter x1
1 2 Caltrops
2 5 Crowbar
.1 Fishhook
1 Flint and steel
1 4 Grappling hook
.01 1 Mug
.2 8 Pole
20 10 Rope (50', silk) x2
.5 Sewing needle
1 4 Waterskins x1

50 1 Healer kit
1 Holy symbol (wooden)

Total
cost: 101.31 91lb
remainder: 48.69

More about ├äkk ├£rgeshkÔÇÖ:
Background: raised mostly by his orkish mother, human father either never showed up or left very early on. Whatever the relationship was between his parents, it was certainly not one of love (the idea is currently ranging from he was a patron of hers in the red-light district, to he simply raped her). He hates his father vehemently, and set out to find him and kill him (this may or may not tie into him taking up being a cleric) only to find out that the man had already been killed. Shortly after that point he now finds himself (wherever heÔÇÖs being put in this game). He tends to be pretty close-lipped about himself and has pretty much come to terms with the fact that he will probably die young (as a precaution, he assumes everyone he meets would gladly slit his throat given the opportunity)
[IÔÇÖll develop it more later if desired]

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:35 am

Alright i'll start working on the intro post. I'll try to piece together your backgrounds to see where you start off.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Er Jacon, do you have my character's changed background? Also I will link to his new sheet when I get a chance...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Quarg wrote:Well typically I use http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm to generate scores and characters...

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards ... opic=420.0 is a guide for making Clerics...

And here is the current background 'story' which will need editing to fit into Godor...
► Show Spoiler
This is the changed background right? It did get cut off at the end though.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:24 pm

I did a quick introduction to get us started. If your not happy with the way I started you let me know.
I just wanna get the ball rolling cause once I get a idea of how my players are my ideas become better and i'll be able to fill out the world better.
Plus I think it was time to get started.
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1255

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:17 am

Sorry double post.

You are free to create your own intro to whatever you may like. I'll edit to make it fit. My only request is that it's somewhere in the town and theirs a reason for you to visit the governor soon.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:17 am

First, I thought the Imperials were pulling back not setting up a new depot...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 am

No, I don't think that came up. The imperials are setting up a base of operations on Gordor to see if it's worth pouring more resources into.
Here's the brief quotes I found in the thread describing the setting.
Just throwing this out there, I have setting set that I've played on the forums before but I've also considered the setting where the empire first landed on Gordor where everything is still filled with hostile tribes and strong monsters. Think very conquistadors and Aztecs with magic. I'm even tinkering with the idea of adding flintlock pistols to the setting. Would their be a interest in this setting or are you happy with the one already set. ( The new one might be useful if I have players from my previous gordor play wanting to join,)

Sorry for any confusion.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:52 am

Er based my inital character story on...
Imperials:
The imperials serve the emperor who they believe is chosen by their gods. Most imperials are human and lived on the continent of Olberdan. They have huge mines of steel and iron so almost every soldier in the army is clad in at least breastplate unlike many other armies. Imperials are lawful by nature and consider themselves civilized over many other smaller kingdoms. Their nobles are often lavished with fashionable robes and jewelry while the common foot soldier lives comfortably and the peasants are almost never without food at least in the homeland.
Many imperials believe their way of governing is superior and some natives agree since the imperials have established safe roads from monsters and protection over towns. However imperials have more rights than the common native ( They are allowed to wear metal armor and use metal weapons unlike many tribals who need permits to do so.) and sometimes they lorde this over the natives causing grudges between the two. The imperials have also banned the religion of the natives as heresy so druids and worshippers of the old gods either keep it hidden or live in the woods.
Thanks to their well trained and equipped armies and the aid of their addicted orc foot soldier the empire is one of the biggest nations in the world. However due to several wars they have withdrawn several legions of imperial soldiers from Gordor leaving it strained to keep up with their formal protections of towns and road and leaving it vulnerable to a revolt
I'm going to change a few things, but mostly details regarding his backstory and why he's here...
(Also need to work on a familiar for himself)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:02 pm

Oh yeah,...I er...somehow ended up drawing last week, okay, more of a quick sketch that I'm not really planning on finishing anytime in the future (attempting to start up attempt 2, but I can't say I can make any promises), I want to make a few minor changes, but otherwise, I think I'm keeping most of what I came up with.
► Show Spoiler
one half-colored,way less than-half-finished half-orc

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Looks good. A little skinny for a typical orc but your str scores are lower than normal so it makes sense.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:50 pm

That one's me, I don't really draw burly people. Working on another one in which he gets quite a bit burlier and more haggard. Trying to keep the rest of him pretty consistent though.