Pokemon: Darkness Awakens

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Pokemon: Darkness Awakens

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:15 am

Only a few lucky people win the chance to board the S.S. Abominable after filling out a form and spending money to have a chance at willing. Parents buy the chance for their children to board the ship because not only do they get to see the Professor, and traveling to the Coral region, but they will also get the opportunity of getting a pokemon themselves based on the form they filled out. There are other ways of obtaining your first pokemon but those are expensive or highly illegal. Only registered pokemon professors can give out a pokemon as a starter, if someone finds an abandoned pokemon they should go to their nearest pokemon police station with the pokemon to have them be set in the wild of have someone else to take care of them. Illegal obtaining of pokemon would result in a fine and the taking way of that pokemon.

The Form

What is your name?
What type is the best?
What is your three favourite non legendary pokemon?
What is your favourite legendary pokemon?
Who is the most beniviolent person alive? Huh this one is already filled out. It says "THE POKEMON PROFFESSOR!!"

----------------------------------------
PTU rules. Trainers are level 1, starters are level 5.

Rules for starters (The professor is pretty strict on what starters you can pick)
-no ghost pokemon
-no teleporting pokemon
-no amorphous or shapeshifting pokemon
-no pseudo legendaries or fossil pokemon
-no single stage pokemon
-must be an underdog pokemon
-must be approved by me

Oh and I must warn you. It is not going to be a normal game.

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Pokemon: Darkness Awakens

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Vince Jason
Dragon
Absol, Arcanine, Luxray
Reshiram

I'll start out with a Growlithe or Shinx.
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Either is fine, which one do you chose?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Growlithe. I'll have a sheet ready in a bit.

There we go, sheet.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:32 am

Syana Taen
Normal, she guesses.
Whirlipede (Looks so cool!) Jigglypuff (Nice to hold) and Ursaring
Jiraichi

I'm not entirely sure what "Underdog" is, but I'd like to take Venipede, if that's alright.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:13 am

An underdog pokemon is ome with 45 base stat or less. Venipede is fine.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:42 pm

Is Dlover's format the standard for character sheets in this campaign? (As in, should my character follow it)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Errr yes but he needs two edges. Um one moment. http://www.mediafire.com/download/lbbtm ... U+1.05.zip

here be the ptu rules

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Yeah, I've not finished with everything. Haven't yet decided what to do with my last to edges. As for being a standard sheet, there are lots of sheets that can be used for PTU. I prefer the one I'm using because a couple of us have actually gone through it and fixed the problems we've found. You should be able to just copy my sheet and fill in your own details. Keep in mind, any grey cells have calculations in them, don't put anything in them or they break.
My game:

My characters:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:21 pm

I do have the PTU rules, just didn't notice the Underdog in the Capabilities section.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Oh, will we be using any of the expansion packs, or just the base game?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:23 pm

....yes...and no. It is complicated. I wont stop you from dabbling into them starting buuuuuut.....

....i said too much already :shifty:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:38 pm

Hmm... I'll probably reconsider things. I'd like to try Game of Throhs stuff, but the dark elementalist class doesn't match what I've got. Might go for Dragon instead of Dark, keep the Command aspect. Yeah, that sounds good.

You'll probably want to check that I'm not thinking of anything not applicable to the setting. Right now I've got Smith for making basic gear, and a couple of the Herald of Pride/Dragon Elementalist features... Ooh, once I get Leo, my Growlithe, ember, he'll have Firestarter, I could use that as fluff for not needing a proper forge to heat metals.
My game:

My characters:

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:44 am

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:29 am

A couple of things missing (That aren't essential):
Sheet name for your pokemon. I name each individual sheet as the pokemon it's for.
Pokedex entry. Just swap out the info from my pokemon to yours. Alternatively, just keep track of the numbers and species, since the unique species owned plays a part in your trainer's level.
Trainer Combat "active pokemon team" section. It just refers to your entries in the pokedex. Not actually any functional use.

You're wrong about not doing anything I haven't, by the way. I never gave a description for my background. I'm not sure I even put a name to it before you copied the sheet. You're officially better at fleshing out details.

Edit: I've now taken the time to flesh out my background and story. If anybody actually cares about inconsequential details, behold the travesty that is my writing.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Runs, your pokemon stats are not following base relations. If a pokemons speed is naturally higher than def it must be higher after givig it stats. Right now your satt is more than your sdef When naturally the sdef is higher please fix it

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Yup, fixed it. I actually don't want to pump Satk, I just forgot to change stats and copied Dlover's allocations.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Pretty sure venipedes do not get flash fire as a basic ability :p

Also...errr it maybe a while before you can catch pokemon. I wont stop ya if that is what you want to do, but i guess i forgot to give you guys a heads up

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:42 am

Can one experience train Pokemon that they haven't caught?

EDIT: Also fixed.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:45 am

No. Sorry.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:00 am

Ah, no problem. I'll change the Edge then.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Dlover wrote:Trainer Combat "active pokemon team" section. It just refers to your entries in the pokedex. Not actually any functional use.
It's mostly to signal to the GM which pokemon you've got active and present. It's truncated from my own version of it, which also gives you a measure of how healthy said active team is (I didn't include it in the basic version because it links to information in my personal variant of the pokedex; getting it to work requires directly altering the spreadsheet forumulae for each pokemon.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:43 am

Nioca wrote:[It's mostly to signal to the GM which pokemon you've got active and present.
Yeah, that's true. Never really considered the necessity of that, though I probably would have just labelled the sheet names themselves to indicate being in storage.
Nioca wrote:It's truncated from my own version of it, which also gives you a measure of how healthy said active team is (I didn't include it in the basic version because it links to information in my personal variant of the pokedex; getting it to work requires directly altering the spreadsheet forumulae for each pokemon.
I think I know what you mean. If I understand correctly, I do a similar thing with the contest sheets. Certainly not something people replicating the sheet should be expected to do.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:05 am

The Form

Callum Yew
Normal
Lopunny, Gardevior, and Swanna
Meoletta step form
"THE POKEMON PROFFESSOR!!" The kind winderful benefactor of the Pokemon Professor without a doubt.

Buneary would be my starter of choice if accaptable.

also going to revist this when I'm not half asleep, sorry for typos.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:35 am

Bumerary is approved.