The keystone Chronicles

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The keystone Chronicles

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:31 pm

Alright, done! Assigned the character to him, so he can take a look if he'd like :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:45 pm

Sent him a link to the general discord so you can chat him up as needs be.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Good thing! :)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:48 am

So I can do the 12th because I'm out on the 11th
And glad to know we got another player...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:27 am

I'm a solid maybe on the 12th. When would you want to know by, Mort?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:36 am

Seems like we're doing a session then yes, it'd be great if you could make it! If you let me know in advance I can also make sure everything is setup for you included :)

As for time, starting 7pm CET again?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:51 am

Good for me! Did you want me to confirm with the new guy?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:20 am

Is that 1pm EST? I'll check with the oh and let you know.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:19 pm

I think it is yes! And it'd be good to know if he can make it yes :)

Also just remembered I still haven't done the recap of last session... :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:10 pm

Session 12 summary

After a relatively uneventful trip through a definitely not haunted forest, the adventurers arrived at the keep in question, led by their new best friend Dorian. There, after going through the many fields of crop-growing, hillbilly skeletons, they arrived at the actual keep in question... Where they found the "necromancer" to be a bit more than just that. Finding themselves facing a lich who, of all people, introduces himself as "Grimbald"- The wizard that originally helped create the seals.

After some enigmatic "testing", and posing some "questions", slowly a bigger picture was being revealed by him. As he noted to the adventurers, that in his opinion, fixing the seals was but a "temporary" solution- Especially if they did not know who was responsible for breaking them in the first place. Though with that, came the admission that he HAD broken his own seal- With the intent of having someone eventually come and check it out, for he has a plan that would fix this problem once and for all, claiming to have been modifying the seals to for a new purpose: to deal with the original threat once and for all.

This however also required explanation as to what his plan was exactly, and the why, inadvertently also explaining how he came to be as he currently was. Telling the adventurers that the story of the Keystone... Was a complete fabrication. Or at least, a retelling of the truth. No goddess died that day, and left behind the Keystone. Instead, Grimbald proposed that the threat that had "slain" the goddess, was the one who had created the Keystone in the first place. And for this eldritch aberration, the Keystone was nothing more but it's "way in". Though the revelations did not end there, as he continued to tell that Chron was very much the same as the entity that was now trapped by the seals, and only helped because he held some kind of vendetta against the entity that is now trapped. Only pretending to be a "good" god as that will most easily keep people in his graces. But when push came to shove, Grimbald claims he was forced to stay behind undead, just in case his future wisdom would be required.

But now he proposed his plan: having remade the seals over several iterations, to deal with the keystone, rig it to explode... Right after returning it to it's sender, in the little pocket dimension it was kept.

Though even he admitted he could hardly force the adventurers to go along with his plan, cursed as he was to stay in the keep- Agreeing for now to have Dorian help him navigate the dungeon, as he himself made preparations for the adventurers to use should they agree to his plan. Sadly, it was not as straightforward as hoped, as Dorian admitted that a couple centuries ago, during another fit of boredom, Grimbald went through a... "Puzzle making" phase. Luckily, he still knew the basic instructions, and the adventurers caught on quickly, only to discover the "room guardians" had previous runins with Dorian... Who, apparently, figured the best way to get the necessary items to continue to the lower level was... To beat it out of them.

After appeasing the elementals by beating Dorian up instead (and beating up one cranky earth elemental), the adventurers collected some of the loot within the halls, before continuing forward, descending further into the dungeon...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:25 am

He says he is most likely a go for 12th.

Thanks for update! Does this mean we won't need to go to the dragonborn seal? That wasn't clear to me.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:21 am

I'm not sure if that was explicitly mentioned yet, so afraid I can't answer it. It was vaguely implied that his plan somehow included them, however.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:28 am

Ah okay, it sounded like he just wanted us to go back and change the seals to blow things up. It wasn't clear to me if we needed to fix a broken seal to do that. Based on your answer I am guessing it will still be required!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Ok, I'm good for Sunday if it's still on

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Yup, gonna be fun! :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:11 am

Session starts in ~50 minutes, see you all there :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Great session everyone! Remind me to plan a new session, and write the summary, sometime soon :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:19 pm

Thanks for organising m0rt! It was great fun playing again :D

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:01 am

What are the chances that there will be flooding when we wake up? Oh and is it possible to put Doran's head by the door while we sleep so we don't need to keep a watch :P.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:00 pm

next session will be an underwater one. Also, yes. :roll:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:57 pm

He needs to prove he is best friend material Mort. You know that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:58 pm

Alright everyone, we should be planning a new session! Which of the coming couple weekends would work for everyone?

And also...

Session 13 summary
The group, feeling suddenly reinforced, continued further down into the dungeon, Dorian assuring them it should be a breeze... Or it should have, were it not for a portal that, according to the undead should definitely have been closed, was not- After a small skirmish they managed to close it, before going to investigate the likely culprit, an aberration that was supposed to be prisoner. They meet it... In the form of it jumping on Dorian, and inflicting a series of strikes fast enough to decapitate the man! Being careful, (and expending several fireballs from the wand), they manage to take it out with it only getting the chance to do such a serious flurry of blows once more, concluding that it had appeared to break out from the cage it had put in, a bit stronger than anticipated... Who is also stronger than anticipated seems to be Dorian, continuing to speak despite being, well, a head. After a couple attempts to sew him back on, they take their friend in the best method possible... By kicking and rolling his head.

after some further exploration they eventually come across a chasm, going through one more battle and deciding they need to take some time to patch themselves up- Though not before exploring the chasm area for some loot, as they retreated to the "guest room" to rest up and recover for the final bit of delving...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:43 pm

New week is no good for me but the weekend after should be okay.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:55 am

So start of February? Works for me. Others?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:33 pm

I'm swamped for at least the next 2 weeks and still very much getting over a chest infection so I'm probably out until mid Feb I'm afraid.