The keystone Chronicles

Quarg

Re: The keystone Chronicles

Post by Quarg » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:58 am

I can be there...and see some Bugs Bunny on Saturday Morning too....!!!
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:03 am

Hey M0rt, can you make me a new character sheet for tomorrow please? I'll need to set it up today I guess :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:22 am

I'm away from home all day but I'll do it asap

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:29 am

No worries :) Take your time!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:16 am

Ok, I've made Flint: a Mountain Dwarf Abjuration Wizard who's basically a health and safety guy with War Caster.

If you're ok with it, he uses a warhammer for his arcane focus, wears a breastplate (from racial bonuses), and is built around being able to detect and navigate traps etc (with magic, not DEX) but is otherwise a straight, probably-not-very-good wizard :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:26 am

Hey guys, sorry for the way late announcement, but something came up at the last moment. Session can still go through, but it'd very likely be cut short - I expect around two hours or so. Though I'll try and stall as much as possible :shifty:

Up to you guys if you think that's worth it, or if we should look for the next time. I need to post some new doodles again soon regardless, and also catch up on the recaps :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Way overdue, here we go!

Doodles!
30/8: https://doodle.com/poll/ie2w7p4qxcfhp42w
6/9: https://doodle.com/poll/d6dck8y6gvafzyvs
14/9: https://doodle.com/poll/utzx3rc9czk5g4xa

Session 8 summary
After spending the night at the Blu household, the group entered the vaults together, joined by the five guild heads and their most entrusted bodyguards... It not taking long for them to try and take the main route, and immediately triggering a trap that turned many of the surrounding armor stands to life. This luckily did not prove too much of a problem, as they decided to split up and check out two of the separate side paths... Avoiding traps on each side, one side fell in minor conflict with the head of the white clan, who came to the apparent decision he'd be joining the other group, and departing... Just as the two groups find themselves engaging spectators- The young cousin of a beholder- They hear his screams coming back from the entrance. It had appeared that he had tried to go down a floor by himself, and promptly invoked the ire of some more spectators. What was worse, in a rush to try and help, only Gray and some of the guards arrived, while others had to come from all the way across the floor... And Dinnus had been found exploring a dug out passage that went much further than he expected. Uther and Krannoc arrived only just too late for Gray and one of the guards, slain by those two spectators..! They got vengeance, and took this time to properly regroup. The rest of the nobles angrily dragging along the Rudd clan member, who had already begun looting some of the items in one of the storage rooms.

Session 9 summary
As a first matter of business after these attacks, the clan leaders were sent away- Luckily, voluntarily, after their fellow member had died. Before they left the Blu clan member addressed Krannoc, thanking him profusely for saving the life of his own guard- And upon request, agreed to spare as many healing potions as could be gathered on first notice. A hour later backup arrived, some more guards reinforcing the fray, as others carted over the bodies... One of them carrying four healing potions, the only ones that could be found quickly - With the promise of further aid, after enough time to gather a greater force. Time the adventurers did not have... Joined with these reinforcements was also Flint- A bureaucratic dwarf that was very disgruntled with the current state of affairs.

Going down a floor, they at first spent their time trying to crack open several of the side doors, but soon found it to be a rather useless effort. Fighting a couple more spectators, and accidentally triggering a couple more statues, finally they seem to find the staircase down another level- Heavily guarded! Another spectator, but joined by another guest... A whole horde of strange, imp-like creatures, which while apparently quite weak invoked a headache just by being near, something that was being made use of..! Through some clever play however, they managed to deal with the threat without too many issues, leaving them only with the final staircase down...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:28 am

Don't forget to vote guys :o Dusk, Thinks?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:26 am

I can do the 1st Sept, but not sure about the other dates at the moment...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:01 am

Alright, looking at the available dates and... It's kind of mean to Rodgeir, but it's looking like first of September is the best option for now, but it seems we'd be ending at the moment Rodgeir becomes available... To be fair, it's the only time where three people are available, and it'd also mean we can just resume straight from where we last left off without needing to explain why people disappear/reappear, and finish the session properly :P

So 1/9 at 3pm it is! There'll be some more loot (finally I bet :P) in this session, but don't worry Rodgeir, I'll make sure to relay that to you OOC so you don't get left out. :) (We can maybe arrange OOC what happened to Dinnus as well..?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:39 am

Thanks for the concern Mort!

I may be able to join, it is just harder and I would need to take a dinner pause at around 17:30. I will test the waters, otherwise I would be happy to have a short OOC "What the "#¤% is Dinnus doing?" session.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:20 am

If you can make it, even better! :)

We'll pin down the first for now, in a good week or so, and might be able to do one of the following two weeks depending on what gets answered when you guys know more.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:31 am

Yeah, I'm off on travel from the 3rd to the 19th of September so I will be unavailable....
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 am

I have gotten tentative approval to play on Sunday. I will let you know on Saturday if that changes.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:01 am

We have a storm coming in (Dorian). Should be ok, but might have to be shuttering up on Sunday. We'll see :S

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:37 am

Looking good to be there. Gotta take a break for dinner around 17:30 though

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:28 am

Hey, I'm going to need to skip this one today- sorry for the late notice :S

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:16 am

No problem, I understand. Hope everything is alright over there on your end. :)

Also don't forget to vote for the other two doodles guys, so we can maybe play on one of those dates too:

6/9: https://doodle.com/poll/d6dck8y6gvafzyvs
14/9: https://doodle.com/poll/utzx3rc9czk5g4xa

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:13 am

Sorry, sorry! Something came up and I had to leave the house for a few hours! I completely forgot to let you guys know.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:39 pm

It's alright, can't be helped I suppose. Just try and make sure to let know about the other dates asap so we can hopefully arrange to play on one of those :)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Done the doodle for this weekend - can't make it sadly :(

Next weekend is more likely, but I'm not sure on times yet. I'll let you know as soon as I've got it sorted.

Did you manage to have a game without me and Thinks there?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:56 pm

Sadly not. Heading up to the finish of this little dungeon thing, and I'd much prefer to not do it with just two players.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm

If we want to do this weekend still we'd probably want to fill in the doodle soon, but it's likely only happening if both Thinks and Quarg can both go. Maybe next week might work out a bit better? (I just realized I can't do next week friday, but I think that probably doesn't matter much?)

I'll create some more doodles for weeks after that soon too.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:48 pm

Mmm. This week at least is not looking like it'd work out :S Let's try and get for next week filled out asap, and I'm going to get more doodles ready tomorrow.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:21 pm