The keystone Chronicles

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The keystone Chronicles

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:24 am

Doesn't look like we have the best possible schedule for this week, but I see Dusk and Rodgeir are both available this Friday. Steven should be as well, so we'll be holding our next session then! This Friday, starting at 8pm. No response from Quarg yet, he's of course also welcome if he can make it at that time, but otherwise we'd be playing with three players. I'll figure out a reason why Tim suddenly rejoins the others :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:58 am

Ok sounds good :) enjoy!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 am

Sorry Thinks! Hopefully next time :)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed May 01, 2019 7:45 pm

Quarg might be available depending on what time...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 02, 2019 1:02 am

Hey Quarg, seems like you're available this friday as well, so you're more than welcome to join! :)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu May 02, 2019 5:36 pm

The world accomidated that by moving my 2:00 to 1:00

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 03, 2019 8:46 am

Hey guys, sorry for the rather late notice, but I'm afraid I gotta cancel today's session. I'm not feeling all too well, which isn't conductive to hosting a session!

(Feels rather dumb, but I blame mostly nerves. Last day of work today at my now officially old job, and I barely slept because of it- I know I shouldn't have been nervous, all went extremely well... But say that to my brain hah..!)

Assuming people are interested maybe we can make one of the next two days work still..? Doesn't look like we have any days that really fit well for at least most of us though :S

Quarg, Rodgeir have an idea for availability next week yet? Just to look at options and see what is or isn't possible.

Also, what are your guys general schedules throughout the week..? Any of you that'd be available during those times? I'm asking because I'll be available for a couple weeks while inbetween jobs, so that's an option for a while. (Though I doubt we'd be able to make that happen, I might as well ask.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 03, 2019 8:58 am

Sunday morning is a possibility for me, but tomorrow is out now.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri May 03, 2019 9:37 am

Yeah, the life of the employed over here is that I'm at work for most of your evenings...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:44 am

Can't do this weekend, but next should be doable. During the week I should be free most days after 6pm UK time (7pm your time Mort).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun May 05, 2019 9:50 am

Wouldn't necessarily even have to be the weekend- I'm between jobs at the moment, so even through the day would be possible! With that said, I'm not expecting that to work out since I presume there's going to be innate incompatibilities what with people needing to work.

Quarg, could you fill in this when you get the chance? Would be good to plan out the next session asap! https://doodle.com/poll/qerknayv3qie335d

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 06, 2019 5:17 am

Alright, thanks Quarg- Seems we have a perfect spot to play this Sunday 7pm! :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Important bit first: new doodles! Starting two weeks from now, given I'll be gone this week!

https://doodle.com/poll/hbry454u8tcq53d7
https://doodle.com/poll/b9t8kbyhq2atp3qq

Session 5 summary

As the group was taking a moment to do a short rest, Gray decided to venture out, only planning to explore a "short" while as others mended their wounds... And predictably, somehow ended up getting terribly lost. His friends, rather than look for him, decide to simply continue...Especially as they suddenly find themselves joined by a dwarven cleric, Krannoc Firebrand, who had tracked them down. He explained it was Father Elrond that had recruited him, knowing he was skilled in the process of mending. With his aid, they continued.

And almost immediately ended up walking into a skeletal minotaur, who almost decapitated the new cleric in a single hit. Immediately followed up by walking into a jelly, that for a moment looked like it would dissolve everyone at the same time. It did guard some loot which they claimed for themselves, before taking a long rest.

The next morning, their continued exploration found them going down another hallway filled with "rock"-throwing monkeys. After beating them off they continued- Finding another dead end, though with a strange, golden "monkey idol". Figuring this can't obviously be cursed, they continued searching.

On their route they ended up fighting yet another minotaur- As another monkey showed up! But this time around, ended up... Helping the adventurers? It showed up again later, seemingly guiding them in the right direction... At least, the one time they ignored it they ended up fighting another jelly. But eventually, they seemed to find their way to the center of the labyrinth.

Here, they found prince Loreal once more. At least, someone who pretended to be him- The "Elven prince" at first pretending that he had arranged everything, but seeing that failing, quickly changed his tactic to trying to make a deal instead: simply proposing the adventurers should turn around, and his "master" would in turn guarantee them tickets to the feywild- For them to enjoy their lives "far away from this mess."

Naturally, the adventurers declined, and the prince turned to trying to charm the adventurers... Finding all his attempts fail, as the adventurers were having one hell of a time beating him down. In a last attempt he disappeared, before later reappearing in his true form: revealing himself to be an incubus, that tried, but failed, to hold back the adventurers as he was slain.

Having done so, the cleric worked to finish the ritual to restore the seal- The enchantments on the stone tablet returning to their usual state, and buying the adventurers another day.

Post session summary

With another seal broken, everyone reaches level 5!

The following loot was found beneath the tree:
150 pieces of gold
1 potion of healing
1 scroll of charm person
1 keoghtom's ointment
1 potion of poison

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 14, 2019 12:29 am

Dinnus level 5 HP: 1d10+4 = [9] = 13

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 14, 2019 10:44 am

I think I'm going to be out for the next 3-4 weeks (travelling home) but I'll catch up if I can when I'm back at the start of June.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 14, 2019 11:28 am

A shame, but hoping to see you again then! :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 22, 2019 11:36 am

Dusk, will you be available for this weekend or the next? At the moment it's looking like things are not the best :S

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:19 pm

Sorry, not this weekend. Next weekend is possible, but only after 6pm GMT on Sunday 2nd May.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 22, 2019 2:38 pm

It's looking like these next two weeks won't be possible then. Well no worries, if peeps are busy so be it. I'll get more doodles up soonish and we'll start seeing when we can play :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 30, 2019 5:01 am

New doodles! Let's see if any of these weeks end up working out... Make sure to check the date, this coming week is being skipped because I again won't be available myself to host :)

https://doodle.com/poll/c5wmvf5r6vdaz5mm
https://doodle.com/poll/8hc3srzwwgkxt52h
https://doodle.com/poll/xu8e4myxvf3wmawy

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 am

Yeah, need to talk with boss about next few weeks of schedule...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:08 am

Will get to this when I'm back (Thurs) but can't do this coming weekend anyway :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:00 am

Sorry, was at a conference until Thursday so my visits to the page were limited. I have filled when I can play in.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:43 am

Hmm... Next couple weeks also aren't looking promising..? Best option we got for a while seems to be this Saturday, 7pm. Would be with three players, assuming my friend can show up. And admittedly he's had an awful track record with this. If you read this I'm calling you out Steven.

Does that sound good for you, Quarg, Rodgeir?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:45 am

Should be fine for me.