2 pm Eastern Standard Time?

Then that should work for me also.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The keystone Chronicles

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am

I can potentially make that, but I'll need to check :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Just a two player session today, but it was fun! We spent all the time doing dwarven diplomacy :lol:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:13 pm

And we were elves...it is surprising that we didn't just get some sharp pointy metal stabby diplomacy...but we just kept lying our respective a** off...and I with a Cha of 8 was the face of the party...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Uthar and the cat handled it just fine! Dinnus isn't that kind of persuader, but his style did work on the librarian.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:34 pm

We got an idea of when/if we are playing this week?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:37 pm

I'ts not looking like we're going to be playing this week or the next one, judging by the doodles. Though quarg hasn't put in anything yet, so we might do another two player session next week..? Though ideally we get more people available :P

I'll probably get new doodles for further weeks up somewhere next week.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 pm

After next week I probably won't be available again until the end of July at the earliest!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Are all of you guys in schedules that perpetually don't overlap? :roll:

We'll probably squeeze something in next week then, assuming at least Quarg is available- Then you two guys can finish up the dwarven city assuming no one else joins... :P

Shame though. They'd get to miss the joys of dwarven bureaucracy :roll:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Sorry for the tardiness on that but my travel arrangements for June/early July just finalized so now I can answer....

Only available this Sunday...

I will be out of town the weekend before July 4th and the weekend of July 4th...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:16 am

Sunday works for me, same time as last week.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:45 am

Ah, that's a bit annoying... I suppose we should play this sunday then, since it seems peeps won't be available for a good time afterwards?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:22 am

Any chance we could look to arrange these further in advance? Or just set like one day a month when there's be a game on? Doing it week by week usually means I have plans already by the time we get to the doodle poll, (which is fine and I don't mind :) ) but it'd be easier to plan, at least for me if we had a bit more routine/advance warning.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:34 am

Well, I try to do like ~3 doodles at a time or so, so at least some of those dates are three-four weeks in advance, though admittedly some would be on shorter notice. Still, three weeks sounds like it should be plenty of advance notice..?

If you guys want me to make doodles to plan even further in advance I'd gladly do so of course, but it seems a bit excessive. Planning something monthly is an option too, but are all of us capable of guaranteeing we'd be free on, for example, the first weekend of every month?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:08 pm

My availability varies due to work commitments truthfully...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:41 am

And mine by family commitments. If we could firm it up a week in advance I would appreciate it. I try to fill in the doodles early but we usually don't decide until the Friday when we are playing which makes it tricky.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:45 am

Yeah, that I'll admit I'm far more lax in. So I understand you guys would appreciate we pin down the moment at least a week in advance? More?

I'll get some new doodles up soonish and we can look at those... Sadly I don't think this week or the next shall be happening :s

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:27 am

Yep.

So Quarg and I on Sunday is a no go?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:30 am

No session this weekend, or the next. Hopefully soon after though!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:37 am

Yeah definitely- knowing it's definitely happening a couple of weeks or a week in advance at least would be really helpful :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:23 am

Firstly and most importantly: doodles! Let's try and fill these in as soon as we all can, and then we can pin down dates for certain. :)

5/7 https://doodle.com/poll/awhcezarfpuzre37
12/7 https://doodle.com/poll/tu6atdrnisseug9f
19/7 https://doodle.com/poll/qu3ff92ycwpp3r3u

And with that done, something way overdue...

Session 6 summary

The elven city taken care off, Dinnus and Uther decide to travel to the dwarven city to figure out what needs be done for the seal stored there. After arriving and going through the initial bureaucracy, which involved getting their entry permit and a good amount of paperwork, soon they started going through the city. Their search was solely for information however, and what happened to king Krendoran and his seal. Not wanting to ask directly where the king's treasure would be located, they find a historian with the intent of figuring out the history of what happened to this old king. Through a somewhat lengthy process, they eventually seem to discover everything there's to know.

The original king had a vault built under his castle, which was where this seal was kept securely as well. However, many generations down the line came another king, that died unexpectedly... And with no heir. With no clear next ruler, and none of the major houses managing to agree on who should be king, it was eventually decided a committee of sorts would be formed. Named simply "The company", five houses would each put a part of money toward maintenance on the city, while needing to decide, usually by majority vote, to implement decisions.

Naturally this meant things rarely happened.

Rudd crafts: Gold smiths and craftsmen, who focus mostly on the creation of such things as jewelry and trinkets.
Gren farms: Responsible for the brewing of beer, and maintaining the various underground farms
Noir/White mining: Two families that both own portions of the underground mining complex, White focusing on rare minerals such as gold and silver, while Noir predominantly wants the processing of raw ore.
Blu forges: Mostly smiths-men and construction workers

Seeing they'd need to convince these houses to get legitimate access into the king's vault, they visit Blu first, convincing him with a clever trick they need access to the vault. With further tricks they manage to convince him to also call in a favor with Gren, after which they go one by one by the three other houses... From those, they find themselves outright blocked entry by White, "kindly" dismissed by Rudd after learning that they had made an allegiance with one of their rivals, but finally managed to secure a third vote from the Noir family.

Later, on the emergency meeting, they found they still had to argue however- As Gren stated the favor was only to have the emergency meeting started, and never quite said he'd be agreeing to whatever was discussed. With some further arguing of their cause however, they can get the dwarven lords to agree they should be inspecting their vaults for potential intruders- And with just a little bit more, finally managed to strike a deal with the White family. A favor for a favor - They had apparently some issues with a threat in their mines, and should the adventurers be willing to help investigate them, they'd hand over the final vote they need to join the inspection of the vault.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:25 am

I won't be able to join for any of the doodle dates :(

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:27 am

:(

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Still awaiting those other votes, assuming peeps are available?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:10 pm

It's... Looking like we'll be having a bit of a pause going on, with people being preoccupied? Not a big deal, though a shame. When do you guys think you'll be available again, on average?