Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:16 am

So far I've only spoken for on the 8th of Febuary
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The keystone Chronicles

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:54 pm

Oh right, I should probably respond to this and settle an actual date, huh.

I'm afraid I might have obligations this weekend myself, so... Would 15 february work for most of you guys?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:47 am

The 15th in the evening (around 19 CET) should work, earlier in the day I have obligations.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:54 am

Well, 15 or 16 february would both be fine :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:05 am

Got stuff going both days during the day! Kids have things they need to go to and we are looking at a new house and...you don't need to know the details :D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:11 pm

I think I can make either day, but I have a big deadline on the 19th so will depend a little on that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Well, let's set the date on the 15th for now, 7pm CET. Moving it to Sunday is fine if necessary, but defaulting to saturday for now because then I don't have to worry about going to bed on time :P

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Sounds good, I'll inform Lee.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:27 am

He gave a 95% chance of being available then.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:32 am

Still on for the 15th @ 19 CET?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:05 am

Yup!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Ok so o have to take my car to the garage on sat and don't know when I'll need to pick it up yet. I'll plan on coming in for the game, but might need to hop out early ish (by 10pm CET). Hopefully that will work ok?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:02 am

We'll have to see, hopefully not a big issue! :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:03 am

Session later today, see you guys then! :)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:27 am

Unfortunately my morning activity ran long and it looks like I am going to be late because bad traffic about 20 to 30 min

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:55 am

I will also be a few minutes late - I locked myself out and am just waiting to get back in.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Another good session everyone! I'll try to do the recap and plan for next session soon. I'll have a couple occupied weekends coming up, but hopefully we can manage something! :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:07 am

Thanks! It was fun!

Are we going to level up this reset?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:15 am

Ah, yes! Everyone does get a level :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:31 am

Great, I will let Lee know!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:11 am

Alright guys, over the coming weeks, which ones do you all think you might be available? 7/8 march won't be an option for me, besides that I should be able to.

Session 14 summary

After a long rest, the party was once again ready to continue, discovering that in their time resting, Dinnus earlier efforts to mess up the Lich's home were beginning to show off: a pathway of water beginning to flood down! Eventually they traced it back to the bottomless pit (after making sure to check every corner, just in case), where they saw it flood down.

Now, Doran's message that the vault was down there still seemed to fill the adventurers with worry, as they thought about... Alternative methods to investigate. Lowering Ort, the most important character, on a rope that was way too long to discover the "bottomless" pit is more like a very deep pit with a layer of magical darkness obscuring it... And some kind of "guardian" for the vault beneath it. Of course, this was not enough, so they decided to lower their best friends (head) as well- Only to end up losing him down there.

They further considered other methods, including using one of their magical tools to teleport down there, though wondering how they would all get down. Finally, after five hours of playing, they decide to try the door on the other side of the pit. It's a simple staircase down.

Arriving down, they find the vault slightly flooded, and it's mechanical guardian perhaps a bit on the fritz because of it. Briefly they try to convince it to let him through. After it became obvious Doran is as useful as ever and forgot his password however (and the bot would not recognize him because he was just a head), and a weak attempt of trying security questions (which apparently needs two weeks of processing time), they find themselves rushing in, hiding as they can... Eventually turning the security grid to lower the shield. And, after taking too long one time to allow it to regenerate, dogpile it on the second attempt - Taking it down before it even gets a chance to release it's special counterattack!

With the guardian out of the way, they quickly went through unlocking the two doors, claiming all the loot within for themselves, and fixing the one seal there, before returning to the Lich. It's around this time that, talking with the lich, Dinnus realized after the reset all his damage would be reverted... Maybe the books would stay stolen however? He'd just have to come back when all is said and done. As for now, the Lich shared the full details of the plan with the adventurers:

The Keystone was located right above the gate (golem)- His plan to use a heavily modified spell to mold straight through the earth, opening a hole large enough for the Keystone itself to drop though. Of course, then came the part where they'd need to both make it so the keystone could actually travel through, and rig it to blow on the other side. Here Grimbald reveals that he's been altering the seals slightly over the years, over many iterations of enchanting them. If they were to all be brought together, and attached to the keystone, the process could be started.

Easier said than done, of course, though the Lich helped where he could. For the elven city he relayed there should be a lantern of sorts that should make passage through the maze trivial, in the hands of the royal family - And that they should presumably try and get their hands on it, first. The dwarven vault might be easier because some of their previous exploration, assuming they could simply use the secret passage in. His own would be easy - He could even arrange for Doran to bring the seal to the little village. The only remaining troublesome bit being the stone stored away in the old Dragonborn city, given how it was three days of walking away... They'd barely have the time to make that one work, unless they figure something out. On top of all that the Lich tried to subtly warn the city might not take kindly with "interference" to their stone, and to think of a plan there, as well.

With all this however, the adventurers started to consider where to go next - Grimbald helping as he could...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:20 am

Thanks for the session! I honestly feel we should have spent more time trying to lower people down into the darkness...

I am okay for next weekend (29th/1st), then the 15th/16th and the 21st/22nd . After this I will be unable to play again until after the 18th of April.

As always, after 19 CET works best for me.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:12 am

so guys, does this weekend work for anyone, or perhaps the 15th?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:31 am

Saturday only,
I've got a meeting on Sunday already

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:50 pm

So status folks?