Goblin's Civilization - New Edition

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Goblin's Civilization - New Edition

Post by Feytala » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Alright... Wanted to see if there is interest. Will be done with my Bachelor's Thesis in a few days for good or ill and need to contemplate what to do with all the free time (hah!). I stumbled - More or less by accident - Over the old CIV IV, as managed by Aegis J Hyena. Long story short, I'd like to do such a thing again, provided there is enough interest. If nobody else feels called to it, I might even do the Storytelling myself.

For those not knowing it (The game was in 2013 after all...), it is essentially a voting game in which the players determine the fate of a (goblin) tribe, though you CAN get individual characters ("heroes") too who then might be able to influence what is going on, research, have ideas, etc.

As I would cannibalize a lot of the old rules (Tech-Tree, Mystery-rolls, SAs, and FHs (Though I might heighten the regen frequency)), if you want to get a better overview, looking into the original game might give you an idea about what to expect:

https://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90

I am still contemplating if it should be done in the forum again or if there might be an option to get an ingame- and offgame-channel here. I am tending to Forum, but I do not want to exclude too many people.

So, if there is interest, leave a message. I have been pretty out of the forums for the last years, but have read a lot... And I like to think my English has improved quite a bit.

Also posted this on the Discord Server... Just to be sure.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Re: Goblin's Civilization - New Edition

Post by Feytala » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:42 pm

Well, I count that as a no. Not a single reaction. Sad...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:07 am

Forums have been pretty slow lately. You might try again when things get a little busier?

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:58 am

I might just start it anyway since I am motivated... Or yes, wait a week or three.^^ First stuff will probably be anyway the different worlds and "options of the state" I will offer for the player to choose from. Currently, I have ideas for a mixture of different (goblin)tribes who are kicked through a portal and will have to deal starting underground in a huge dungeon with no food, mostly no tools and constantly under pressure, but many opportunities for loot and recruiting other species... A matriarchic Amazone-like tribe (Once per year, the players can decide the approach how to get suitable males for making younglings... Which can reach from raids, over seduction to trading. Racial purity gives Bonuses, Crossbreeding opens up new races for PCs and of course tactical options... And they might get to choose if males are second class only, slaves or male children get sacrificed or sold. :D). One option more is a wild magic zone which is a cameo to Civ IV and gives Mutations, Magic Research going much faster, but more random events both positive and negative, also magic can go haywire... Another one would be rebellion-themed - Goblins are seen as slaves and fourth-class-citizens and need to group together and overthrow their oppressors first to carve out a niché for themselves before the actual state-building can start...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:04 am

You could maybe try over at the DnD beyond forums? There is a lot more activity there than here.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:26 am

I could try - I have no connection to it atm, though. Care to give the link?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:14 am

Sorry for the slow reply! Missed you'd asked a question.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-d-be ... ay-by-post

You can try there, mess around a bit and get a feel and then post your idea. There are similar open games going there!

I'm also active there with the same name as is Spiderwrangler.

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Post by Hope_Caswell » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:22 pm

Sounds like an interesting project.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:31 am

I'm going to pass this time. I barely have time to breath right now as I'm down 4 providers in my administrative area (technically I need 6 to be fully staffed). I'll probably pop in and watch how the game play goes. Maybe in the future, when things slow down. ( I figure that will happen the day after I open a snow cone stand in a certain netherly place. :roll: )

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm

Now I missed there actually was some interest... :D Alright. I take a look at D&D beyond and decide then to do it there or here.