Raptor at Heart - Full; waiting list open.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Re: Raptor at Heart - Full; waiting list open.

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:15 pm

that and the info given is effectively all you're supposed to get from them before shit hits the fan for the first time. /hint

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:57 pm

nikohl wrote:Double post because DINO DOODLE~! (Sketchy and made to be on the internet by the power of Phone Camera hence the quality)

[img]

Mereneth, please tell me what's wrong about it. Obviously it's a pretty quick doodle and I screwed up the feet because I forgot to draw the pointy claws so I added them in at the end. But I basically want to know if the actual build is wrong and in what way, and where there should be more or less feathers, so I can go from there. Once we've got the basic idea of what they look like as a species down, I can then start drawing character variations and thinking about colour and stuff, if people want their particular dino drawn.
Aside from some basic stuff it looks pretty good. I like the elbow feathers; it adds a nice cosmetic touch without being the full arm feathering.

The virus seems to have been some one day thing, so now that i'm feeling better i'll get to work on the last two depictions. I'd have had them done already, but my net has been out so haven't been able to look at the character descriptions. I have the intro post written up, too, so we'll be able to begin very soon.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Re: Raptor at Heart - Startup recruitment

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Theis2 wrote:.
John:

John becomes an adult female Velociraptor with a bronze scale-hide and cream-tan overtones. 'His' spine is streaked with cream colored slashes that bleeds into the overall bronze of 'his' hide. Standing at an even 6' in height and muscled with tightly woven sinew, 'he' seems to be a force to be reckoned with. 'His' feathering is mostly cream colored while his feather stock sports the bronze of 'his' hide. 'His' eye ridge feathers are nearly silken in nature, adding a vibrant grace to the raptor visage. The feathering down his neck is equally soft. The feathers along 'his' tail are in direct opposition and stand out firmly, leaving an impression of sharpness to them.

John first sees the unfamiliar leaves of the bush his head is under, but he hears the chirrups and barks of other velociraptors.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Re: Raptor at Heart - Startup recruitment

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 pm

nikohl wrote:But are you going to mind if (later on, when we're more settled into our raptor bodies and know our own body language) we post such things as: Brigitte raised her head, bristled her feathers, and hissed in a way that unmistakeably implied "Back off, asshole."
Figured i'd also say that this kind of communication isn't off the table and you are welcome to do this a little later on. As you said, once you're presumably more settled in.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Re: Raptor at Heart - 7/8 slots filled

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 pm

kurik wrote:.
Brock:

Brock becomes a young adult, Male velociraptor. Lean muscles coat his frame that cause his hide to 'flow' when he moves, giving off an aura of grace and agility. His scale-hide is dark red, mottled with browns and tan that stand out most where bone or joint stretch his hide around them. He reaches 5'11" in height, though whether this is his final height or not cannot be readily depicted. His feathering sports a more vibrant shade of his red hide, adding a certain level of seeming aggression to his eyes where the ridge feathers highlight them. His tail feathers are softer in appearance, giving his tail a slightly fluffy visual.

The first thing he sees are five other raptors standing over him and, unaware of their presence, the others around him. The blood on a pale blue raptors throat is only barely dry, suggesting a recent kill.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:19 pm

► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:24 pm

kurik wrote:
► Show Spoiler
xD glad you like! Mind, it isn't so much the whole tail that is fluffy!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 pm

About who should bite the dust first...
Mereneth wrote:Niyazaki Arita- Japan - Male - 20 - delivery boy - High School drop out - Last thing he remembers is being inches from a pair of oncoming headlights

Anoki of the Wolves- Arizona - Female - 27 - Native american - Black Jack Dealer - Dropped a coin in the slots after getting off the clock and has it light up like a christmas tree as she hit the jackpot

Allysa Bergen- Georgia - Female - 10th Grade - 16 - B student - Teacher announced pop quiz

Douglas Henders- Male - North Carolina - 92 - Army vet - Was in hospital with a failing heart and was in the middle of a painful heart attack.

Jorge Arroyo- Male - Brazil - 23 - Drug dealer - Was handing a check over to a church with his life earnings up to that point as a donation. Was made to kill a child by his boss and was planning on offing himself once he got home.

3 of these NPCs WILL die very early on, but you guys can choose which one will be your 'Welcome to the Cretaceous' confetti.

All of their raptor forms are early adult except for Allysa, who will be a raptor youth. Their hides will sport either dark green, rust red or caramelized cream mixtures with supporting undertone shades.

Theis2, i'll get your depiction done asap. Sorry for the delay.
I would like to keep Douglas (because he probably still knows a thing or two about tactics and killing off individuals of the same or similar species. Also I'd love to see what an experienced mind could do with a young body...) and Anoki (just because she seems to have luck on her side).
I'm not so fond of Allysa (I think we will have a hard enough time without having to babysit someone OTHER than ourselves o:) ) Jorge , the drug dealer (because he did knowingly and willingly something that would harm his fellow men, just in order to get money, that's pretty destructive imho, and not an attitude I would like to have in our group; also, if he wants to off himself BEFORE the raptor experience, he might not be mentally stable enough to stomach the drastic changes in his life and just jump in front of the subway equivalent of that time period, anyways...) and Niyazaki the delivery guy (for no particular reason, there's just nothing there that jumps out at me saying "we need THAT guy! :shrug: "; although it WOULD be cool, if he got the idea that he died and went to heaven, and heaven is everyone being a dinosaur! :lol: A bit more seriously, though, I'd love to see him get a second chance, car accidents are horrible.) so I guess I vote for the three of them to kick the bucket.

@ GM: does that mean that we have 8 PC raptors, 2 NPC raptors and that's the whole... flock (is that the correct word for a bunch of dinosaurs with feathers?) or are there some more (but not eligible to bite the dust at the beginning)?

In any way, I am glad you are over that virus thing and feeling better. Yay for your immune system! :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Yeah, 8 and 2 will be the starting active numbers after basic herd thinning. I've actually been referring to them as a pack, though I think it wouldn't sound bad either way if anyone has preferences.

Once you read the intro you may catch on to a few details about the NPC numbers, though player numbers will always max out at 8.

Poor Allysa...no one likes her lol. Current tally has her as the most likely to bite it first, though still have 4 more possible votes.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Yay! Theis and I are now both in the gender-bending raptor club. Woo Hoo! :Dance:
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:16 pm

SamWiser wrote:Yay! Theis and I are now both in the gender-bending raptor club. Woo Hoo! :Dance:
Hope you two have no issue with it lol. I did make a warning of it!

Besides, it'll make for some amusing RP moments lol

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm fine with it, I just won't be mating any time soon. I don't think that will be a problem for a while now though.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:46 am

RP will start in 24 hours, if you haven't, best get your vote in.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 am

Just like to state that the concept is interesting, the descriptions are awesome, and if I were to see some characters actually drawn and colored appropriately I'd be totally in awe. Well, I'm in it already anyway, but yeah.

Just tagging here for a possible sign up, but that won't likely happen soon as I have a lot on my plate right now.

Good luck to the players on surviving, and to the GM to have at least as much fun time and success as this game already suggests!
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:Just like to state that the concept is interesting, the descriptions are awesome, and if I were to see some characters actually drawn and colored appropriately I'd be totally in awe. Well, I'm in it already anyway, but yeah.

Just tagging here for a possible sign up, but that won't likely happen soon as I have a lot on my plate right now.

Good luck to the players on surviving, and to the GM to have at least as much fun time and success as this game already suggests!
First time doing something like this, so I do hope everyone enjoys it.

Well, as things stand now there is a waiting list. If you want, you could be put on that till/if a spot opens. Glad that you're interested!

As to art, Nikohl is planning on making an effort to do the characters; you can see her sample on page two. I've not got a hand for actual drawing, sadly, but I do have the eye for it. I could turn players to an artist or two who i've gotten art done by before [when i had a job] if they were interested in commissioning their characters drawn up if they wanted more art than just from Nik's efforts.

I think an ultimate goal would be to one day have Thunt draw one of my characters. I'd be beyond ecstatic xD

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:53 am

SamWiser wrote:Yay! Theis and I are now both in the gender-bending raptor club. Woo Hoo! :Dance:
SamWiser wrote:I'm fine with it, I just won't be mating any time soon. I don't think that will be a problem for a while now though.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one and agreeing on the last part as well :P (well it might depend on how reproducing works.. If I remember correctly many birds have a cloaca which need to touch each other through a "cloaca kiss" which is done mostly like a usual kiss.. Just with the butt. :roll: )

I have no one I wanted to kill of those 5 and been a bit preoccupied because I'm leaving my home for a month to visit my family. But I should have plenty of time from tomorrow more or less. :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:13 am

Sorry to disappoint, but you two are brood mothers nao.

Kidding. For all I care, if it gets that far somehow[Characters develop bonds, what have you], that kind of stuff can just be assumed. I'm pretty sure RPing raptors having a sexual encounter might break some forum rule or another lol.

Anyhow, that puts the vote at 2 not choosing out of 5 who have.

Also, I noticed at least two of you, if not some unspoken watchers, have taken a sneak peak at the opening post xD And here I thought that it would be possible to have it 'up' before the game began and leave things a 'surprise' xD [i don't mind at all, btw. Teasing!]

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:41 am

Mereneth wrote:
nikohl wrote:DINO DOODLE~!
Aside from some basic stuff it looks pretty good. I like the elbow feathers; it adds a nice cosmetic touch without being the full arm feathering.
Please to specify what basic stuff? I intend to get it to a reasonably polished stage even if it's only for my Brigitte-raptor, so feedback is appreciated.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:09 am

I hope that as we react to our environment and try to do things that you will take into account things that we shouldn't be able to do. After reading the intro I've begun typing up my intro. Hopefully that's okay, I only have 2 pages in word so far.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 pm

nikohl wrote:
Mereneth wrote:
nikohl wrote:DINO DOODLE~!
Please to specify what basic stuff? I intend to get it to a reasonably polished stage even if it's only for my Brigitte-raptor, so feedback is appreciated.
the snout is a little long.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:08 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I hope that as we react to our environment and try to do things that you will take into account things that we shouldn't be able to do. After reading the intro I've begun typing up my intro. Hopefully that's okay, I only have 2 pages in word so far.
I don't think it will be a problem. If you'd like, you could let me read it before you post it.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:13 pm

While not all votes are in, the majority has spoken and the unfortunate victim has been chosen. Results will be released via RP!

12 hours till the game opens!

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Mereneth wrote:While not all votes are in, the majority has spoken and the unfortunate victim has been chosen. Results will be released via RP!

12 hours till the game opens!
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:55 pm

I realize how absurd a 4am start time is, so I'm going to open the floor early. You may now begin posting!

RP thread

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:25 am

Updated the front post to link character descriptions to forum name and depictions to character name