Ninjas - Recruitment (Training Started)

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Ninjas - Recruitment (Training Started)

Post by Nerre » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:31 am

Roleplay is fine. In here, or per PM or in the game thread? :D

Roshi, kind of sad about not getting a spot in the training this morning, returns to the master blacksmith to continue his training. Maybe today he will manage to finish the final 10 of the 100 folds of his first long sword. Knifes and short swords are so much faster to do.
:zzz:

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:26 am

I'll open a Roleplay thread in the gaming section tonight when I get home, and will post the reactions there too (as I'm behind).
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:50 am

Well, you don't have to if you are short of time. You got so many games, you don't have to open a RP section only for the two of us (nikohl and me), at least not on my behalf. But if you want to do it anyway, thanks. :)
:zzz:

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:19 am

Nerre wrote:Well, you don't have to if you are short of time. You got so many games, you don't have to open a RP section only for the two of us (nikohl and me), at least not on my behalf. But if you want to do it anyway, thanks. :)
Well, writing up text answers takes a lot less times than drawing the updates, so that is not the chokepoint of the system.

As for the games, once this round of Borglins is finished I won't make a new one, since it isn't work out like I wanted it to be. I'll have to reconsider and rework some mechanics in it, and that would take time... The minesweepers pretty much runs itself once the map is ready, in that sense it's not an overhead.

Also, the roleplaying does good to my GMing, storytelling skills too, at least it gives me a plenty of ideas for what to include.

"Short of time" only means that don't expect twenty pages daily, although if there are many RPers who can entertain themselves and each other, I'm not against it. :D
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:36 am

I'd probably enjoy it, too... If I'm ever feeling up to snuff again...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:31 am

well... I'd like to continue the RP'ing.. Its fun.. and that way I can be part of the world anyways :P
-Best regards LAYF

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:51 am

I like the RP'ing too! Should I change the character I'm RP'ing though?
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:58 am

hmm... i'm not 100%, but i think you can keep using this character... as i understand it, its supposed to show their pre-ninja days.....
-Best regards LAYF

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:03 am

@Wolfie:
Whatever you feel comfortable with. It started out as "pre-ninja" era for your character, and the actual game assumes that you are already involved in the ninja-ship in a way. We can RP the time that has passed in-between, we can jump to the current events too, or you can start a brand new RP character if you feel like, but be aware that they won't be able to enter the "real" game as you are already in.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:42 pm

I hope to continue exploring Ichiro's progression towards embracing Sakura as who he really is, since it's pre-game :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:45 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:@Wolfie:
Whatever you feel comfortable with. It started out as "pre-ninja" era for your character, and the actual game assumes that you are already involved in the ninja-ship in a way. We can RP the time that has passed in-between, we can jump to the current events too, or you can start a brand new RP character if you feel like, but be aware that they won't be able to enter the "real" game as you are already in.
That works for me, she can find this person whom her father asked her to and then up to how she became ninja and fell in with the current group. :ninja:

Will you incorporate the towns and whatnot that we're RP'ing into your map? I don't want to say she's heading northeast when all that's to the northeast is a huge ocean or desert, etc. (Or I can go back and edit the towns to be one from your map/world for better flow)
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Well, I asked LAYF to make a good japanese-style map for me, it's in progress. But yes, towns will be arranged to fit the RP, so don't worry about directions.

I'm making an update for the game then re-open the RP.

EDIT:

LAYF just sent me the map half-way through development. I pissed myself, it's so awesome. Off to get fresh diapers, and I'm ready to write your RP replies in the shiny new thread for it.