LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - Character Recreation

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Used spoiler tags for brevity.

@Wears
► Show Spoiler
@gamecreator
I assume you still go for one item for 46 coins, right?
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:18 pm

No, I do not. As I said, less than 46 coins is acceptable. Exact value is up to you. If you feel that it would be better to offer items like example boots, then do that.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:20 pm

Hmn. Boots of speed or tin foil hat? I don't currently have any movement skills. Would the boots do anything for me? Or would I have to wait to level up?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:59 pm

@Wears:
No, boots of speed wouldn't add anything to you just yet in that case (which is an error of my part since I tried to make sure every item is useful. Ah well. Gonna reroll it if nothing else is to your liking). You could try to reroll all of your skills though, since if you go for the heroic spelunker you will get a spelunker and a heroic token at each level since they don't have much in common. (means 4 tokens surely in category for your level 2). Also you are about 3 XP away from leveling up, you could even gamble in the hope of getting something fitting.

@gamecreator
Yes, but you see, it is still far too many combinations. I mean, my random algorithm is something along this way:

basic item of Something = basic item cost + few golds, depending on buff strength: + 0-4 coin cost
extra levels: +n*5 coin per level
extra quality: coin cost depends on rolled quality class.

So up to 46 gold means the following cases:
10-15 base gold item (jewellery and pricey base items, like magic stuff) of Something up to +3, or with quality boost ranging from small to large and even with +1/2 to level
6 base gold item (pricy base item) with guaranteed quality and of Something buffs, in a (good quality, +3) - (awesome quality, +1) range
4 base gold item (normal base item) with guaranteed quality and of Something buffs, in a (pretty good quality, +3) - (awesome quality, +1/2) range.

So by your request and by my mechanics I have to roll separately for everything, which would mean a lot more calculation for me (I had not finished the automatization just yet), and the result is pretty doubtful: what if you get only a bunch of 10-20 coin items and none is to your liking? What if you get a good 40 coins item but you cannot have it since you oggle more for a 20 and a 15 coin cost pair of items?
With so many possibilities I think the random roll will be more of a let down than a worthwhile gamble, and that's why I would prefer some exact numbers. Like gloves for 25 coins and masks for the rest, or 3 item types for 20,15,10 cost, or two items for 30 and 16 coins, etc. Easier for me, and more secure for you. :)
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:55 pm

You're saying I could cash in all four current tokens and reroll them? I assume that would be all or nothing. I couldn't keep Call and trade in the other two. Might still be worth it.

Or I could take the boots of speed and see what happens when I level up.

I don't know.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:54 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote: Yes, but you see, it is still far too many combinations. I mean, my random algorithm is something along this way:
I see. But you also said that one item for 46 coins may be game-breaking and that items can only get one type of bonus. I don't want either of that, but I don't know enough to determine correct item value.
Fine, if you must have exact item value, be it 23 coins. Just roll something already, because this is getting ridiculous >:-P . I want to see items!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:19 am

► Show Spoiler
Okay wait, what?
We can keep all the skills that we already have. Can we USE them, too, no matter our class?
So only the use of ITEMS are class specific, is that right?
And we are allowed to keep all the skills we have OR turn them ALL in? Or partial trading allowed, too? And what about the greed skill to claim convert option? Is that being able to do "alone"?
And the items we have now, we are allowed to trade in for gold/other items. Does that apply only to those we wouldn't be able to use because of the new classes, or ANY item?
Also, could you please refresh my memory and give the link to the "shop" where the prices to every item in gold coins is written down?
Apparently, Stumbles has a +1 Tile (Neutral) skill token. It is meant to be combined with other skills. So... could I combine it with Visions and then use the visions skill to get info about 2 squares, instead of one, in the future? Or combine it with jump and then jump 2 tiles (or one tile diagonally, if I remember the skill correctly), as if I had jump 2? Did I understand the combination of tokens right?
Or combine it with lure and the target will move faster towards me, then?
What about rescue, can I combine that with the +1 Tile (Neutral) skill token? Or the claim skill, so I could claim weapons from enemies from further away than melee range? Oh, the possibilities!

... WAIT.... Can any other tokens be combined? >:D
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:34 pm

@Wears
WearsHats wrote:You're saying I could cash in all four current tokens and reroll them? I assume that would be all or nothing. I couldn't keep Call and trade in the other two. Might still be worth it.
Yep, all or nothing.

@gc
gamecreator wrote:I see. But you also said that one item for 46 coins may be game-breaking and that items can only get one type of bonus. I don't want either of that, but I don't know enough to determine correct item value.
Fine, if you must have exact item value, be it 23 coins. Just roll something already, because this is getting ridiculous >:-P . I want to see items!
Actually, 46 golds are not that game breaking, Just rolled some, but I still think it's better to buy more items instead. Giving one example then some 23 coin rolls.
► Show Spoiler
@Gathers
Spoilered for brevity.
► Show Spoiler
EDIT: Edited some item descriptions for clarity.
Last edited by LooksAndSmiles on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:54 pm

I don't quite understand what hollow earrings do. Do they provide additional skill slots?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 am

► Show Spoiler
Oookay. So I looked up the values of the items in Stumbles' inventory in the shop link you gave me. If he sold everything he had (except the extra flags), he'd have 29 coins. If he only sells the stuff he can't use, he'd have 21 coins..
What about the wreath, can he sell that (before it disappears in the next round, anyways)? If so, what's it worth?
What about the skill tokens, can those be sold for coins? Or even more interesting: BOUGHT for coins?

Also, since NONE of your skill descriptions so far (in this post here at least) says "Some class/trait only." or "Requires X", could you please enlighten me on the skill tokens that Stumbles has, whether or not a heroic caster can use them? Because I have a hard time trying to decide on complete re-roll or not, until I know how many of my skills I'd actually be able to use.

Can we get a magical sword that is suited for non-warriors? Like with built in warrior skill (weapon-proficiency) enchantment? o:) What would that cost?
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:41 am

GathersIngredients wrote: What about the skill tokens, can those be sold for coins? Or even more interesting: BOUGHT for coins?
If nothing changed, we are yet to unlock this. But this doesn't mean we can't trade among ourselves. You have my attention. What skills can you offer?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Can't answer you that until I know which of the skill Stumbles currently possess would actually be usable by him.
Do you wish to sell any skills?

Also, my bad, for some reason I thought that the "pebble teleportation something" was a skill, not an item, hence that selling skills was already being done. :wall:
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:20 pm

@gc:
the hollow earrings work kinda like active slots. It says: "Can hold skill tokens up to level 2 together", so you could either put in a lvl 2 token, or two lvl 1 tokens, no enchanting or anything special required.

@gathers:
- none of your current skills have class / trait requirement.
- you cannot sell / buy skill tokens yet, that has to be unlocked on a later map.
- Swords, even magical ones count as [weapons] and thus won't be available for mundane casters. HOWEVER, at level five there will be this "Focus" thing I hinted about earlier. One of the focusable direction will be "battle mage", which basically will allow a caster to wield weapons and related skills. :)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:19 pm

What would happen if I had two Jump tokens? Would I be able to jump two times in a turn? Also I always forget: does Jump allows you to jump only over level tiles or over any amount of tiles up to level?
GathersIngredients wrote:Do you wish to sell any skills?
Not really, though I might sell Call.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:47 pm

gamecreator wrote:What would happen if I had two Jump tokens? Would I be able to jump two times in a turn?
That is a thing one should try out to know the answer. :) It might not be that simple, though.
gamecreator wrote:Also I always forget: does Jump allows you to jump only over level tiles or over any amount of tiles up to level?
Any up to level.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:51 am

Hmmm... I can use Visions, right? What is considered a map item, how many are there usually? And what about +2 to leaping skills: if I had two Jumps, would both get +2 (though I suspect this is another thing to try out)?

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:10 am

@gathers (sorry I forgot to answer this)
The flower wreath is a quest item, it will disappear to move the story ahead.

@gc:
- Yes, you can use visions.
- Map items come in two flavors: lying around the map, like pile of bones on the last map, or burrowed under the earth, as treasures. I guess [treasure] would have been a better term to use at the item descriptions, will see to it. I generally only put 0-2 treasure per map.
- Items that generally give bonus to other skills (and do not provide a skill on their own) give the bonus to every instance of the active tokens, but do NOT give bonus to item sourced tokens. So, if you have 2 jump tokens in your active slots, then both of them receive the bonus. If you have a jump token, and have a second jump from an item, then only the active token gets the bonus, regardless that you have two jump tokens, technically. Also, if you happen to have a token in your backpack, or slotted into an equipment, or utilized in any other way not in the active slots, that is also an unaffected token. This is to make my life easier.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:46 am

Interesting... I'm very tempted to buy this battle paint just for the skill bonus, its other bonuses don't look very useful to me. But first I want to see what Gathers says about buying Call.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:44 pm

I have no idea what I'm doing. Hard to think. So, what the heck. Let's reroll my tokens and see what happens.

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:56 pm

What did call do again? Some other player (on the map) had to ask for assistance and then you can appear on a square next to them. Right? A discovered square or an unknown square, or either?

@ L&S could anyone buy the stuff you rolled for GC? LIke the Goat Cowl +2 or the lucky gloves of rude gestures +2 for Stumbles? (If he had enough money, that is.)

I'm pretty sure I'd like to make the trade: greed for claim.

I can imagine parting with the resist skill. Anyone interested in that?

@ gc, what price do you call for the call token?
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Yes, someone calls for you, and you teleport to their location as a free action. Level one lets you appear only on a known tile. Level two lets you appear on any adjacent tile.

► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Pretty powerful movement skill on heavily trapped maps, and it gives you XP indirectly. I'm not sure about its value myself, but I think... 10 coins? I just want to buy three items :P .
Last edited by gamecreator on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:27 pm

WearsHats wrote:I have no idea what I'm doing. Hard to think. So, what the heck. Let's reroll my tokens and see what happens.
Rerolls for 1st level up:
Run (class roll), Punish (trait roll), Warning, Dodge

Rerolls for 2nd level up:
Disarm (class roll), Rescue (trait roll), Greed, +1 Tile (Neutral)

You can take 2 skills from each batch. I assume you still stick to Heroic Spelunker, right?

@Gathers:
-Yes, but GC has first claim. It makes my life easier (less rolling). Also, if you guys feel generous, you could add up your money to buy an item, and will sort out who owns what to whom later.
-Yes, Call works like that (as Wears said). Level 3 makes you be able to join anywhere within 2 movement distance from the caller.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:43 pm

gamecreator wrote:10 coins? I just want to buy three items :P .
no dice, I can't afford that. (I want to buy an item myself. o:) )
gamecreator wrote:Pretty powerful movement skill on heavily trapped maps, and it gives you XP indirectly.
also... a) we don't know how "heavily trapped" the map will be, and b) if I understood Wears & L&S correctly the "gives XP indirectly" will NOT work with the basic version you are offering.
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Or I can exchange this skill for some other (I would very much like second visions), of course I would add some money if your skill happens to be better. Or I can lend you money :D .