Goblins Minesweepers - Character Recreation

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - Character Recreation

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:26 am

gamecreator wrote:(I would very much like second visions)
Yeah, well who wouldn't? >:-P

Seriously, I don't want to spend money Stumbles doesn't really have to spend, especially not on a skill I don't really want him to have all that urgently (it's pretty much useless until/unless other players ask for help, so I'd be completely at their whim, concerning this skill). And the only skill I offered for trade was resist, and you don't seen to want that, so I honestly don't think we'll reach any kind of agreement here.

Now if you would be so kind and pick whatever you want to buy, so I can choose from the remaining items? :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:05 am

Hmm, not sure about what kind of bonus to get from the battle paint, maybe something along the weaponize that was offered to Gamecreator except mine would suck compared to his option :P

I would also like to reroll all my skills :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:22 am

GathersIngredients wrote:if I understood Wears & L&S correctly the "gives XP indirectly" will NOT work with the basic version you are offering.
...you sneaky editor. I don't know about others, but you understood me incorrectly. You get XP from helping people.
GathersIngredients wrote:And the only skill I offered for trade was resist, and you don't seen to want that, so I honestly don't think we'll reach any kind of agreement here.
No, you did not offer anything. But you are right, I'm not interested in Resist.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:39 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:
WearsHats wrote:I have no idea what I'm doing. Hard to think. So, what the heck. Let's reroll my tokens and see what happens.
Rerolls for 1st level up:
Run (class roll), Punish (trait roll), Warning, Dodge

Rerolls for 2nd level up:
Disarm (class roll), Rescue (trait roll), Greed, +1 Tile (Neutral)

You can take 2 skills from each batch. I assume you still stick to Heroic Spelunker, right?
What do Warning, Dodge, and Disarm do? Warning involves a PM if you're about to step on a mine, right? Can't remember the details, though.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:44 am

Wears,
LooksAndSmiles wrote:Dodge (Neutral, Survival): Gives 17% (or 1/6) chance to dodge an incoming physical attack, be it melee or ranged. Possible upgrades: better % chances, dodge other attack types (1 new type / level: traps, ambush first strikes, non-mind spells, 1 mine explosion / level).
Looks, I'm buying Intricately Designed Battle Paint of Airily Movements +1 and Ankle Bracelets of Speed +1.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:50 pm

gamecreator wrote:
GathersIngredients wrote:if I understood Wears & L&S correctly the "gives XP indirectly" will NOT work with the basic version you are offering.
...you sneaky editor. I don't know about others, but you understood me incorrectly. You get XP from helping people.
Exactly. I get XP for helping people (like killing monsters, pulling them out of the swamp, etc.), not for using the answer a call skill. (The call skill just enables me to get there fast, and like I already pointed out, it relies heavily on the other players to as for help, in the first place.)
gamecreator wrote:
GathersIngredients wrote:And the only skill I offered for trade was resist, and you don't seen to want that, so I honestly don't think we'll reach any kind of agreement here.
No, you did not offer anything. But you are right, I'm not interested in Resist.
GathersIngredients wrote:What did call do again? Some other player (on the map) had to ask for assistance and then you can appear on a square next to them. Right? A discovered square or an unknown square, or either?

@ L&S could anyone buy the stuff you rolled for GC? LIke the Goat Cowl +2 or the lucky gloves of rude gestures +2 for Stumbles? (If he had enough money, that is.)

I'm pretty sure I'd like to make the trade: greed for claim.

I can imagine parting with the resist skill. Anyone interested in that?

@ gc, what price do you call for the call token?
Actually I did. Just above the question what price you have in mind for the call token. :lol:
And no, I didn't edit that in sneakily. Just color coded it now for your convenience.

@ looks: now that GC has made his choice, I would like Stumbles to buy the lucky gloves of rude gestures. He'll sell either the pointy stick or, if possible to only sell 2 of them 2 of his 13 flags (I bought a 3 pack for 3 gold, not sure if the selling back works in singles; I prefer the latter option, but am okay with the former if selling flags singularly doesn't work). :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:20 pm

@Theis
If you go for the true neutral warrior route, do you have a favored weapon? <swords>, <shields>, or <unarmed> would suite your equipment.
Your mask / paint rolls:
► Show Spoiler
Your Skill token rerolls:

First level up rerolls:
Brothers-in-arms (Class), Dodge, Battle Ready, Weaponize

Second level up rerolls:
Weapon Proficiency (Class), Detect Traps, Enchant, Encouraging Shout

You can choose 2 tokens of each batch. Note that as a True Neutral, some skill tokens appear in the batch even though you cannot use them (e.g. Detect Traps is Spelunker Only or Enchant which is Caster Only), but maybe the other player would trade them with you? :).

Skill explanations for new skills appearing in that list:
► Show Spoiler
@Gathers
No, selling individual flags do not work. I took the sword and the 10ft pole in the price since you cannot use those anyway (I assume you wanted that so, too.), and the pointy stick.
Now you own the gloves. Character sheet will be updated when the next map starts. (Which happens as soon as everyone is sorted out.)

@GC
Your shopping is noted. Character sheet will be updated when the next map starts.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:52 pm

Are there skill descriptions I've missed somewhere? Still looking for what Disarm does and how Warning works. Do not see either in this thread.

ETA: Found the old skill descriptions. Still cannot find Disarm. No idea if it works on mines or enemies.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Directly from the resource thread:
LooksAndSmiles wrote:Warning: The player recieves a warning before stepping or spawning on a tile that has a mine below. The token goes inactive and can be used again in 25 turns.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Yeah, found that, thanks. The resource thread wasn't linked to this one that I could find, but I dug it up and linked it above. (Edited it in while you were posting.)

So I'll take Run, Warning, Rescue, and either Disarm or the +1. Hmm. Oh, and the Boots of Speed.

► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Disarm was described in the post where gc's got his item list, copying for your convenience:
Disarm Traps(Spelunker, agility): Spelunker only. Requires [tool](like [lock picks]) or pointy stick. The player can disarm 1 easy revealed trap in movement distance, and gains equal XP of trap difficulty. Traps that are harder get +20% fail chance per difficulty level difference.
Possible upgrades: remove the item neccessity, increase simultaneously disarmable trap count, increase solveable trap difficulty.
Please decide which tokens to take, "either" is quite hard to pin down (Schr├Âdinger's cat and whatnot). :)

Waiting for theis to pick his tokens (and paint if he decides to buy one of those), then we can start the next round! I assume noone else has any task / question yet as it's been quiet for a while now.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:20 pm

But in the reroll it's called just Disarm. A single word "Traps" can change the meaning quite a lot, don't you think? :)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:48 pm

And a mine doesn't count as a trap, I presume.

(And, of course, if I take it, that just makes it more likely that you'll choose to sprinkle the map with traps.)

So, thanks. That was the info I was waiting for to make the decision of which. I'll take the +1 token. Going to leave it for now. I'll decide what to level up later. Might as well wait until I level up again, see what I get.

► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:20 pm

gamecreator wrote:But in the reroll it's called just Disarm. A single word "Traps" can change the meaning quite a lot, don't you think? :)
Well, now that you say it, it indeed sounds a bit ambigous. There is no "Disarm" skill token at the moment, well, not in your reach anyway. ("Claim" works like a disarm, though, in a way. ;) )

@Wears:
Whether or not you take the skill, it does not affect the amount of traps on a map, it's 0-3 on easy maps, and escalates only on bigger maps or more players. It makes no sense to trap a scene fully when only 4-5 of you are lurking around. It would only make it... annoying.

And yes, mines do not count as traps.
These are not fixed rules, but think of the map as something like this:
[tiles] are the places which are mostly adjacent to each other, and you can move around on these. They can contain many different things, like [map objects] which you can interact with (switches, for example), [treasure] which is a random gift revealed once you step there, [monsters] which will be generally lying in ambush (or visible all the time when they roam), [traps] which trigger in specific circumstances but mostly by standing there, and of course [mines] or the lack thereof. [NPCs] and such will generally exist outside of the map and could be interacted with regardless of map position, but they will depend on some map events, of course. Sometimes you will see [items] lying around, or they could drop after battles or so. They are like [treasure], but visible. When I make item / skill descriptions I try to adhere to these terms as good as I can. These categories are distinct from each other, so in doubt ask if something belongs together, or not. :)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:16 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:They can contain many different things, like [map objects] which you can interact with (switches, for example), [treasure] which is a random gift revealed once you step there, [monsters] which will be generally lying in ambush (or visible all the time when they roam), [traps] which trigger in specific circumstances but mostly by standing there, and of course [mines] or the lack thereof.
Can there be several of these on the same tile?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:56 am

Erm, when you explained about the +1 tile, you wrote that it can be MELDED with another skill. Does that mean if I equip e.g. Visions and the +1 tile, I can't use them both together, I have to combine them (permanently, I assume?) and then equip the visions +1 to be able to take advantage of the + 1 tile thingy?

In any case, when can I do the melding? Does it cost me anything?
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:29 am

It's the same as combining two of the same skill to level it up. The same word "meld" is used, you can see it in the new rules. It does not cost you anything (except skill tokens, of course). I think you must have both tokens unequipped for that (i.e. be able to unequip and access them), so there are limitations as to when.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:02 pm

@gc: I do not intend to clutter up single tiles, so while technically there's no problem on putting many things in one tile, it will not likely happen.

@gathers: In the previous game (if any of you remember) you could do skill combos by having the two skills in the active slot and trying to use them together. This is still viable in the current game, but I added an extra optional step: "melding". In this step you basically make 1 token out of the two, with the effects added together (e.g.: a level up if you meld two same type tokens). Melding cannot be undone. You can meld anything off-map, but you can only meld the active tokens on-map.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:45 pm

So basically if you decide to meld skills into a combo, you get free skill slots at expense of losing individual skill properties.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:58 am

I'll take the mask of awareness.
¨
My favoured "weapon" would be a shield

Choosing the brothers in arms and battle ready (not sure what the last one does though) at level 1. for level 2 I'll take weapon proficiency and encouraging shout.

Also I would like to loose the +2 skill of lateness that got melded with exams.. :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:18 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:@gathers: In the previous game (if any of you remember) you could do skill combos by having the two skills in the active slot and trying to use them together. This is still viable in the current game, but I added an extra optional step: "melding". In this step you basically make 1 token out of the two, with the effects added together (e.g.: a level up if you meld two same type tokens). Melding cannot be undone. You can meld anything off-map, but you can only meld the active tokens on-map.
Thanks for the explanation. But I still don't know if I can just equip the +1 token AND other tokens, too, and use the +1 token to enhance the other (active) tokens that way, or not.
If melding is required to profit from the +1 token.

Maybe leaving that open to be found out via experimentation was your intention, though, I dunno. :shrug:
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:42 am

Well, if you equip +1 along the other tokens, you would be able to meld them any time. It's easier to find a skill slot for this when you have four of them, than when you have three.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:21 am

@Theis:
Gotcha. Weapon Profiency rolled the following ability for you to use:
Stand Ground: Requires a shield (and an available "Weapon Proficiency" token in an active slot). Ignores the first incoming physical attack, and player becomes indominable for the turn ( = immune to stuns, knock ups, push backs from physical sources). Using this ability is a major action.

Also, I think I forgot to put down the Battle Ready description in there. In any case:
Battle Ready(Warrior, Agile): Warrior only. Provides a free First Strike for the player when a) steps on a tile with monsters lying in ambush, b) spawns on the map next to an enemy. This token is learnable.

(Learnable tokens turn into permanent abilities once you learn them, which can happen once every level, starting from level 5. As soon as a token hits it's maximum level, it becomes learnable. Different tokens have different max. levels hence I'm not stating them as learnable from the start. Warning: learning a token makes it unavailable for combos or arbitrary buffs and also add permanent character features!)

@Gathers: Yes, I'd like to see you guys experiment instead of getting told. :)

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:23 am

Could I bring back Blitz Craig and reroll his tokens, going for an sword-specialty Agility Warrior? If that doesn't all check out, let me know :)
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Sure, and welcome back!

Your token rerolls:
for the Level 1 batch:
Stone Skin (Class drop), Battle Ready (Primary Trait drop), Warning, Dodge

for the Level 2 batch:
Weapon Mastery (Class drop), Run (PT drop), Run, Dodge

You may take 2 of each batch.
► Show Spoiler