Goblins Minesweepers - Character Recreation

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - Where Have All The Flagpoles Gone

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:46 am

bump?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi!

I'm sorry but I can't restart this thing before new year. I got back to the old workplace and even though the workload is not that heavy, I have other stuff I have to deal with (hidden thread is just one of those).

On the plus side, I won't have internet or work to do between the two holidays, so I will have time to finish up the update and post it as soon as I get back to the normal circle.

Assuming at that point anyone will stay to play and isn't fed up with all the empty promises. (And the ever-so-often breaking down games. Lul. Seriously I should just... stop. )

I also have to figure out what should happen to key figures (like Goska... haven't seen notimportant around for a while), as I do not want to strip them, but you guys are definitely behind without some of them.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:08 pm

The game will be back early January, as soon as I get back, and the daily routine sets in. Updates will likely be Tuesday - Friday( - Sunday)

However.

I'm not entirely satisfied with the current mechanics, so I will change up everything once again. Yeah, why not?

Okay, is anyone still here? ... :paranoia: ... No? ... Anyway.

Characters

The basic mechanics behind characters won't change. Each player gets once character, which likely dies (many times) and respawns later.
They earn gold for flagging, and XP for revealing tiles, killing monsters, or overcoming other hinderances. Leveling up gives them skill tokens, which they can use to learn abilities that help them around the map.

There are some minor tweaks from the current mechanics, aka DISREGARD ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT YOU KNEW BEFORE. Well, not everything, since the concept is basically the same, but it will work slightly differently.

Namely:

Character Classes

There are three base classes you must choose from, and can be only one:

1. Spelunker
A master of dungeoneering and exploring. They can use general equipment, and can use [tools]. Upon leveling up, a spelunker is guaranteed to get a token to improve their spelunking masteries. Some skills can be combined into skill combos / chains later on.

2. Warrior
Mines are boring, there are also monsters. Warriors can use general equipment, and can use [weapons]. They start with 1 extra hitpoint, which only counts in fights, mines still instakill anyone who steps on them. Upon leveling up, a warrior is guaranteed to get a token to improve a weapon mastery, and warriors can combine their weapon wielding with other skills for combo moves.

3. Caster
Because magic is always cool. Casters can use general equipment, and can work with [magic items]. Upon leveling up, a caster is guaranteed to get a token to widen or improve their exisiting magical repertoire. Casters above a certain level and with certain primary traits (see later) will unlock high-level spells.

Character Primary Traits
Every character can select one primary trait:
  • Agility:Upon leveling up, the character is guaranteed to get a token that is related to agility. For example (and not only) Spelunkers extra movement range, Warriors get dodge or double attack, Casters hasting or evasion spells, etc.
  • Survival:Upon leveling up, the character is guaranteed to get a token that helps in survival. Example: Spelunkers trap defuse, Warriors extra constitution, Casters 6th senses, etc.
  • Heroism:Upon leveling up, the character is guaranteed to get a token that directly lets them interact with other people. (Basically moved the heroic tokens in this group.)
  • True Neutrality: The character can get any kind of skill token upon leveling up, regardless of their character class. It does NOT mean that they can actually use them, but I'm sure there will be ways to put them to good use. (Or to trade in for something else.)
  • Earthly Needs: Instead of a token, the character can recieve a random item upon leveling up, with equal level to them. (So reaching level 3 will mean a [item (+3)].) This item will be always wearable/usable to the class of the character.
  • Divine (Caster Only): Upon leveling up, the character is guaranteed to get a divine-type magic token.
  • Dark (Caster Only): Upon leveling up, the character is guaranteed to get a dark-type magic token. Dark skills can no longer be used against fellow players.
Skill System
This goes under some minor adjustments, too.
- Upon leveling up, the player can choose 2 of 4 random tokens, and gets to instantly equip one. (same as before). However,
- From these 4 random tokens 1 or 2 will be "less random", depending on the character class and primary trait. It can happen that a token fulfills both requirements, in this case only this token will be "less random".
- In the case of players with earthly needs, 1 of these random tokens will be an item. (as stated above)
- Skills still have upper level caps (same as before), However:
- There is no longer a "lockdown" function to skills, and you cannot level them arbitrarily. If you recieve a same type of token (buying, trading, finding, leveling up), you can meld them for that +1 level.
- There is no longer an "equipped" and "unequipped" skill slot, but the mechanic stays. The only difference is that unequipped skill tokens will be put simply in the backpack, to avoid confusion. Players can decide before spawning which set of skills they bring to the field.

Equipment
The equipment system and usage was a bit chaotic so far, I tried to streamline this too.
Equipment is now grouped into [generic], [tool], [weapon], [magic]. The first category can be used by anyone, the others have class requirements, as stated above. I have not updated the related item list yet, and this won't likely happen before january, but I think it's mostly obvious which item belongs to where.

Also, to avoid equipment clutter, I'm bringing in "wearable slots", which are:
- Head (head): Caps, Hats, Helms, Helmets, Crowns, Tiaras, etc.
- Face (head): Masks and Battlepaints
- Shoulder (body): class and primary trait specific slot. Spelunker/Earthly need: extra space for an item. Warrior: weapon slot or shoulder pad. Caster: extra space for a magic item. Heroism: Cape
- Upper body (body): generic wearable items, e.g. light armor, tunic, etc.
- Lower body (legs): generic wearable items, e.g. trousers, skirts
- Legs (legs): generic wearable items, e.g. boots, sandals, slippers, socks.
- Jewelry slot (item dependent): Each character is entitled to wear one piece of jewelry, provided they have one. Does not count into the list above.
- Belt (requires a belt): 1-4 slots for small items.
- Palms Left/Right(hand): 1 equipment, which can occupy both hands, depending on size. Only one hand recieves active bonus from an item, even though both hands can have different items. For example, you can have a Sword and a Shield at the same time, but you have to decide whether you want to recieve the bonuses of one or the other. Upon learning ambidextrosity (a neutral 1 level skill token, earned randomly), both hands' items give the active bonuses / abilites.
- Hands (hand): 1 slot for generic hand gear like bandage, gloves, mittens, bracers, etc.
- Skill slots: Depending on character level, skill tokens go into these slots. These can be used on map. (Same as equipped skills before)
- Flags: Holds all kinds of flags for the character, same system as before.
- Backpack: Everything else goes here. Cannot be reached while being active on a map.

Note: If an item is asymmetric (e.g only a left hand bracelet, a right leg boot, etc.), it still occupies the whole slot and cannot be mixed with other "half" items. It will likely still give the whole bonus, the singleness will be a style element only.
I would ask every old player to revise their old characters and decide how can they be transferred to this new system. They get to keep everything they already have, and if something does not fit (e.g. you have a sword, but you want to be a caster so can't use it anyway), it can be traded in.

Also, equipment will now have clear enchantments, provided you manage to "win" the first map I'm putting out in january. So if you like moving around a lot, but don't feel like going a Spelunker, you can buy or make (enchant) a pair of boots with +1 (or more?) to movement, etc. Same goes for many skills. This was a goal in the previous system too, but I wanted to lock enchanting to specific "events" the players fulfill. However, seeing that spelunking was heavily favored, I felt the need to put this out there so you don't feel obliged to go down a route only because it seems to be the "best" from a hardcore gaming point of view.

Existing characters: (note that the last map has not been evaluated yet, this means you will get back your flags and the extra gold of course)
.[tabs:Blitz Craig]
Jibjib's Blitz Craig
Level 2, XP: 5. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 2/3: evil (use corpse),Run
Unused Skills 2/3: Run, evil (destroy)
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags, sword, jacket

Hammerspace: 10 coins
[tabs:DiesExplosively]
DiesasaYoungling's DiesExplosively
Level 0, XP: 9. Deaths: 0

Active Skills 0/1:
Unused Skills 0/1:
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags

Hammerspace 8 coins
[tabs: Explore-Randomly]
I'mBob's Explore-Randomly
Level 1, XP: 7. Deaths: 3

Active Skills 1/2: spelunky (dodge)
Unused Skills 1/2: Visions

Hammerspace empty
[tabs:Flags Fuses]
Nerre's Flags Fuses
Level 1, XP: 12. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 2/2: Visions, hero(return)
Unused Skills 0/2:
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags, Carved Figure of Hiccuping, big pile of bones

Hammerspace: 20 coins[/tabs]

.[tabs:Flags Mines]
WearsHats' Flags Mines
Level 2, XP: 17. Deaths: 3

Active Skills 3/3: Call (level 2), Treasure, Resist
Unused Skills 0/3:
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags, detector

Hammerspace: 8 coins
[tabs:*Goska Bluey*]
Davecom3's Goska Bluey
Level 3, XP: 14. Deaths: 2 - Leader Level 1 (2 LP)

Marks: Sign of Goodwill*
Active Skills 4/4: Jump, Rescue, Push, Resist
Unused Skills 2/4: Visions, spelunky (dodge)
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags, whip, Y-shaped stick

Hammerspace: 10 coins, candle, harmonica
*Sign of Goodwill:
Heals an ally (including self) for 2 HP, in a radius of 3 movement range. The leader can't perform another main action this turn, and gains 1 XP upon successful heal if the target is someone else. Additionaly, healing someone will remove one negative status effect.
[tabs:Oh See That Shiny]
Theis2's Oh See That Shiny
Level 2, XP: 15. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 3/3: Encourage, evil(greed), Warning
Unused Skills 1/3: spelunky(dodge)
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags, sword, Y-stick, shield, jacket, candy, mouldy bread, large shield

Hammerspace: 0 coins
[tabs: Questions]
Lee's Questions Everything
Level 1, XP: 7. Deaths: 0

Active Skills 1/2: hero (return)
Unused Skills 1/2: spelunky(dodge)

Hammerspace 12 coins[/tabs]

.[tabs: Schnitzel]
BadgeAddict's Supreme High Lord Schnitzel
Level 1, XP: 3. Deaths: 0

Active Skills 1/2: seer (enchant)
Unused Skills 1/2: hero (punish)

Hammerspace empty[tabs:Stumbles around]
GathersIngredients' Stumbles around
Level 3, XP: 10. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 3/4: Jump, evil(greed), Resist, evil(lure)
Unused Skills 3/4: Visions, Rescue, +1 Tile (Neutral)
Inventory: 13 / 13 flags, jacket, sword, 10ft pole, pink flower wreath

Hammerspace: 9 coins, frying pan, pointy stick
[tabs:Tries-and-Dies]
gamecreator's Tries-and-Dies
Level 2 XP: 12. Deaths: 4

Active Skills 3/3: Call, Jump (level 2), Visions
Unused Skills 0/3:
Inventory: 13 / 13 flags

Hammerspace: 34 coins, pebble of teleportation, 10ft pole, jacket, trousers, boots, whip
[tabs:White Metal]
kida's White Metal (white)
Level 2, XP: 19. Deaths: 1

Active Skills 3 / 3: Run (Level 1), Run, Power Surge
Unused Skills 3 / 3: , hero(return), Warning, Push
Inventory: 9 / 9 flags, trousers, sword, flute

Hammerspace: 9 coins[/tabs]

And some other characters who didn't play last time:
.[tabs:Finds Mines]
Arch Lich Burns' Finds Mines
Level 1, XP: 14. Deaths: 1

Active Skills 2/2: hero(return), Warning
Unused Skills 0/2:
Inventory: 9 / 9 flags, whip, fedora

Hammerspace: 4 coins, shield
[tabs:KABOOM]
DoubleFried's KABOOM
Level 0, XP: 3. Deaths: 1

Active Skills 0/1:
Unused Skills 0/1:

Hammerspace: empty
[tabs:No-Legs]
Zigit's No-Legs
Level 2, XP: 6. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 3/3: Warning, Jump (level 2), Answer the Call
Unused Skills 0/3:
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags, bow (9 arrows)

Hammerspace: 4 coins, frying pan, Y-stick, guitar
[tabs: Train Wreck]
WhirdCheese's Train Wreck
Level 0, XP: 0. Deaths: 0

Active Skills 0/1:
Unused Skills 0/1:

Hammerspace: empty[/tabs]
New players, I seriously doubt there are any of you out there. However, please wait until we figure out the "old ones" first, then I will see how many new players I can take in. I intend to make the first game with 5-7 players as a warm-up, so it is likely no new players are accepted at this point.

However, I will see in january how my workload and life allows me to put out more updates and / or games. It can happen that I can manage 2 games at the same time, but I cannot foretell it just yet.
Last edited by LooksAndSmiles on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:47 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:I think it's mostly obvious which item belongs to where.
No, it is not. Take, for example, my pebble of teleportation and 10ft pole. Are these items magic and tool respectively or are they generic?

Also, would you sum up results on flags from the last game? I placed a couple, would be nice to get something from it.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - Character Recreation

Post by WearsHats » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Without the skill trees and whatnot, it's hard to tell what's best, but I'll be a Heroic Spelunker. Do you need anything more?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Okay, remake of the item list (of the resources thread):

[generic]
boots, trousers, jacket, tophat, pointy stick, frying pan, mug, pile of bones, bag of marbles, candle,
piece of candy, a piece of mouldy bread, a tin of food (with / without an opener),
guitar, harmonica, flute

[tool]
fedora, whip, 10ft pole, detector, Y-stick

[weapon]
sword, shield, bow (+arrows)

[magic]
pebble of tp, shiny gem

Note that even though boots are generic, there might be [weapon] type boots out there that allow combat kicking and so. The list above only contains the items you have found/know so far.

I'm also allowing to trade in anything you wouldn't find an use for your class.
Wears, yes I know not knowing the skill trees kinda makes it awkward, but in the very first game people just went for "best" skills anyway, so I made it random the second time. Now it stays random but you have some influence on what to get.

For example you choose to be "Caster with Earthly Needs". You level up, and get the following 4: Exhaust token (dark)[Class Drop], Run (spelunky), Poison Resist (neutral), Magic Wand of Heal +3 [P. Trait drop]. You can still choose Run token and for example the poison resist, you are not bound to select the based drops. Skills that do not require a specific component (like a sword) a class cannot use, can be used by anyone.

Without revealing skill trees here is just an example:

Movement based tokens (examples):
  • Run, Jump, (Spelunky, you know these)
  • +1 Tile (neutral passive, can be melded with another skill)
  • Formation movement (Warrior): Declare it on another player within 5x5 radius. You are allowed to move in the same pattern as the target. This movement does not exhaust your regular movement. (so you can formation move with someone else then use your regular movement. Of course if you step on a mine in the process, you are interrupted, and of course, dead.)
  • Encouraging Shout (Hero): The hero invigorates all nearby allies, who gain an additional "main action" for the turn. The hero gains additional main actions for the next turn, equal to the number of invigorated allies - 1.
  • Haste (divine): Caster Only. Target player (including self) gains +skill level movement points for the turn, then this skill goes on a 5 turn cooldown. When casted on an ally, the caster shares the XP gained from the tiles revealed in the process.
  • Exhaust (dark): Caster Only. Target Non-allied creature loses all movement points for the turn, which is now granted for the Caster. Skill goes on 5 turn cooldown upon a successful cast.
So, there are some sweet skills in there, and we still haven't combined them or unlocked the high tier ones. Leveling up a skill gives the player a (somewhat limited) free choice to upgrade range, effectiveness, cooldown reduction, etc. of a certain skill. There are similar (not same) skills for each combination, and also there are the item enchantments. I'm really trying to make the basic concepts to work for everyone regardless of class/trait choice, although I understand that picking into something blindly is kind of unfavorable to known-and-working stuff.

I will add up your golds a bit later on. Bear with me. EDITED IN THE RESOLUTION OF THE LAST MAP. This includes: +1 XP for Wears for the finishing move, +1 XP for Goska for healing, tokens and items picked up based on claims in last posts, gold coins earned based on flagging.

Also, warriors get to choose a favoured weapon and Casters a favoured Magic Source (which can be voice, elements, etc. not only dark and divine. I have not worked out the skill trees for these yet, but I'm eager to do if there is a need to it).

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:18 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:[tool]
...whip...
Well, that's convenient. Tries is an Agile Spelunker then. And trade in that pebble of teleportation since I can't use it now.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:36 pm

Cool! I'd like to make No-Legs a Survivalist Warrior.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:21 am

Zigit wrote:Cool! I'd like to make No-Legs a Survivalist Warrior.
Want to take <Favoured Weapon : Bow>? It means that when leveling up, the guaranteed warrior skill token will be bow related, if it's not a generic warrior token. Note that you don't have to take this if you want to get skills for all kinds of weapons.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:54 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:
Zigit wrote:Cool! I'd like to make No-Legs a Survivalist Warrior.
Want to take <Favoured Weapon : Bow>? It means that when leveling up, the guaranteed warrior skill token will be bow related, if it's not a generic warrior token. Note that you don't have to take this if you want to get skills for all kinds of weapons.

Yes, please!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:48 am

Oh see that shiny will go a bit of a different route this time and become a dark caster (or should it be a caster of darkness?)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:04 am

So you're not going to attack the darkness? :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28 pm

I think I'd like Stumbles to become a heroic caster. Image Image
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:27 am

I will make some more magic items then since you both will have some spare gold from trading back the stuff you can't use. There will be a map (half-map? thingie) where you will be able to unlock the magic shop. (Magic doesn't come naturally to goblins. Yet. )

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:40 am

So, out of Stumbles things (13 / 13 flags, jacket, sword, 10ft pole, pink flower wreath, 9 coins, frying pan, pointy stick), he can't use the sword and the 10 ft pole. Anything else?

Also, do we get to keep the skill tokens we earned so far? Or pick new ones? Or start at level 1 again without any?
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:28 pm

I think I will go for devine caster, focusing on finding and defusing mines and not fighting. Can you tell me some more about it? :)
:zzz:

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:43 am

@Gathers:
- You get to keep every skill token you already have. The class and primary trait influences what will you likely get the next level up. (1-2 "not so random" from the 4 random tokens). You can re-roll all your skill tokens now if you want to, but then there is no changing back... >:) Of course, I'm offering everyone this one-time, irreversible full skillset re-roll, but I don't think any of you guys need it.
- Yes, that will be the change to your inventory. You will lose the flower wreath tho' when the game starts. Oh wait this is a spoiler :paranoia:

@Nerre: well, that sounds ok. Divine casting focuses on party / ally buffs mostly, along with the reveal and similar utility skills, of course. I add "focus" on level 5 (where you will be able to select specifically find/defusing mines), but I don't really want to talk about that until someone reaches the level. "Focus" will be available for Spelunkers and Warriors too, of course.

NEW ITEM RULES
- Items no longer can be destroyed by stepping on mines. This makes the "Greed" skill less useful, see below. However, items can still can get lost in certain circumstances, like destroyed in traps, combat, stolen, or if their function is based on their destruction.
- Items will be upgradable and enchantable once you guys get to it. This means there will be different "boots" and so on, which will behave differently. Current items stay as they are, as soon as you unlock enchanting this will be cleaned up and labeled properly. (I think I've said this one already, but worth repeating.)

SKILL CHANGE
Greed: (evil): Player can greedily declare one of their item, which won't be removable by any means (stealing, destruction by stepping on mines), unless it is a natural result of one of the player induced skill, or is is the natural behavior to trigger the item special.

This changes to (caster, dark) subtype, and loses a bit of utility since items won't be dropped or destroyed just by mine stepping.

If anyone with "greed" wants to trade in the skill, I'm offering the following skill token instead:
Claim (caster, dark): Caster only. The player takes away the weapon of one enemy in melee range, provided they have empty hands to do so (or can put the current item in hand away to somewhere). As long as the player is on the map, they can use the weapons basic attack on skill level 1, and can use weapon based (warrior) skills with further level ups. When the player leaves the map for whatever reason, the weapon is dropped at their last location and is freely claimable by anyone.

TEMPORARY SHOPPING RAGE
Some of you have some money to spend and quite a lot of item slots to fill, but sadly there are not many items so far. I'm offering the following one-time deal (one-time meaning before the next map launches): you say in which slot you want to buy and item, and how much coins you want to spend on it. Then I'll make some offers which you can accept (and pay up) or decline (and keep your money you finicky b... oh wait, sorry). This feature will be permanent after about 3 maps, depending on where you drive the story.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:11 pm

Did I read it correctly? Held items are no longer dropped from exploding on mines?

As for the shopping rage... I'm willing to spend all my money (34 coins plus whatever I get from selling pebble of teleportation) on one hand wear item.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:59 pm

gamecreator wrote:Did I read it correctly? Held items are no longer dropped from exploding on mines?
Yes. Except if it's their function (like the death saving pants).
gamecreator wrote:As for the shopping rage... I'm willing to spend all my money (34 coins plus whatever I get from selling pebble of teleportation) on one hand wear item.
Pebble is worth 12 coins. That would be 46 gold together. It would be quite a strong item (the example item costs about the half of it), I'm not sure It won't be a bit game-breaking on the first map (as I wouldn't give an underpowered or useless item). That nevertheless doesn't mean I won't make you some alternatives if you stick to it. One item generally gives only one kind of buff, so I think buying 2 weaker would be more beneficial in the near future.

Upgraded / enchanted items will generally look like this:

[quality Item Type of Something +X]
"Quality" means some small extra bonus, likely unrelated to the item or buff type.
"of Something" depicts the buff and is explained at the item.
"+X" means how much buff the item will give.

Example:
[(normal) Boots of Haste +2]
While worn, the player is able to step 2 tiles more than their basic movement or continous movement based skills (e.g.: Run) would allow. Once used, this ability goes on a 3 turns cooldown.
Item Price : 22 coins

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Hmm, so what kind of boots or headgear might I purchase for 8 coins?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:32 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:It would be quite a strong item (the example item costs about the half of it), I'm not sure It won't be a bit game-breaking on the first map (as I wouldn't give an underpowered or useless item). That nevertheless doesn't mean I won't make you some alternatives if you stick to it. One item generally gives only one kind of buff, so I think buying 2 weaker would be more beneficial in the near future.
Then just up to 46 coins... any slots except handheld I guess. I might buy a few in place of my current clothes (and sell those if acceptable).
Also what is an upper size limit for a small item in a belt? And what is an extra item space in the shoulder slot for spelunkers? Does it mean I can have second handheld item there to swap with what I'm currently holding any time?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:58 am

So there have been a surge of casters lately, would I be able to change Oh see that shiny to a true neutral warrior?
I also don't have any gold so I guess I'll just sell the worst of the two shields I have (assuming I can use both) and spend the gold on battlepaint (if I have enough, else just save it).
And the greed token could only be switched out with the claim? Guess I'll stick with greed then :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:25 pm

@wears:
Boots cost 4 gold in themselves, so you can get either a [masterful boot] or [boot of Something] for 8, or a simple [boots +1] but that wouldn't add any extra bonus, only the current function would get better.
Same goes for headgear, a basic cap/hat/mundane head cover costs 4 gold, so the same bonuses apply.

Boot of something will be likely movement related, headgear has a lot more possibilities, but it's mostly class skill related.

@gamecreator:
I would appretiate if you selected a few, specific slot, as "any except one" is a bit big. I intented to roll 3 (or 4 if not satisfied with the randoms) items per slot in a given price, and I don't want to roll 40 times per player :D

You can redeem your current equipment any time between games, if it is basic shop equipment. I think this was intented to be so forever, although I have the nagging feeling I might have forgotten to say that. Anything that is not shop item (including this current offer) can NOT be redeemed.

The normal belt can hold simple things that a goblin would be able to hold in one hand, such as weapons, or anything that could be put in a small bag about the size of a coconut or pinapple. How much of those you could be having depeds on the belt quality (you cannot put 3 swords into a poor belt, but without problems into a warbelt, provided it has enough slots)
If you find a [Belt of Holding] then you could squeeze any kind of item into a slot. It would be hilarious IC to pull out an elephant, for example, although it might trample you the same turn... :D

Extra shoulder space for Spelunkers is anything they can wear (hence I used the "item" word): [tools] or [generic]. Since they don't get weapons or wands or strong magic, they go for utility... that shoulder slot is like an extra "anything" slot, think of it as a sack or some leather straps that can be wrapped around anything. And yes, that means you can swap its content with your current stuff, although changing your pants while getting into a fight could be considered somewhat impolite (unless, of course, if you got really scared, then I think it's an acceptable act).

@Theis
Yes, you can still switch to TN Warrior (this not the abbreviation of teeny ninja). The small shield is worth 6 coins, it can fetch you a nice basic warpaint (6 coins) with one single bonus effect. As I mentioned it to gamecreator, you can redeem your basic shop items for the coins if you wish, so you technically have more money if you want something better / bigger.

Also, warpaint affects the character outlook, so you may also want to think up changes to your current image. (Well, you technically have a unique look already anyway, but some additional fiddling is ok.)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Then jewelry, head- and handwear, and masks/paints. From these categories pick first few.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:34 pm

May I ask you to roll for both boots and headgear? I'd rather know more options,even if I can't afford both. Assume the full 8gp for each item.

► Show Spoiler