Have Another Art Thread

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Have Another Art Thread

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Just in case people missed the stuff in my old thread, I'm just going to repost everything again (newer stuff at bottom):

Theodore Roosevelt: Intergalactic Bounty Hunter:
► Show Spoiler
Thing for friend's birthday:
► Show Spoiler
Thing for Halloween 2012:
► Show Spoiler
Halo 4 comic:
► Show Spoiler
Still life:
► Show Spoiler
The sadly deceased King of Just About Everything:
► Show Spoiler
Another birthday drawing (yes my friends love pok├®mon):
► Show Spoiler
Recreation of Sam Spratt's "Too Close to the Sun":
► Show Spoiler
Aryan Versus Predator:
► Show Spoiler
Commission for friend (1/5):
► Show Spoiler
Neincraft (if you saw my old thread, this should be the only new one):
► Show Spoiler
Part 2/5 of the commission coming hopefully very soon. Well, within a week. Or two. Ugh, I hate school....
If you have ANY advice of how to draw better, color better, anything, it's all gladly appreciated.
Last edited by T-RexWithTourettes on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am high in fructose.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Have Another Art Thread

Post by SamWiser » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 pm

I really like Niencraft. It's great.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Thank you! I almost gag when I look at the background though. I just wanted to draw something else and went "gah, it need's a background!" Hence the bleak featureless landscape and the cobblestone that...I...I don't even want to talk about it... >:-P
I am high in fructose.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:25 pm

I just finished this one so fast, there's skid marks on my tablet:
Thogeon Dawntracker (2/5):
► Show Spoiler
I am high in fructose.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm

According to the bottom of the page, it's your birthday. Happy Birthday!! :confetti: :cheer: :Dance:

Also that picture is awesome.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Thank you, and I feel so terrible, I had to dissapoint a lot of people--it's not my birthday :oops: I wasn't paying attention and did the good ol' American month/day/year and wasn't paying attention that it was actually day/month/year, it was actually about a month ago...feel so stupid. But thank you anyways! Going to go bury myself in shame, now...
I am high in fructose.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Well then change that to happy late birthday. We all make mistakes, it's ok.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 am

"Standing Ovation"

Very good, very good....my brother is an artist but I sadly was not given the gift. As an engineer i just can't force myself to accept that a non-mathematical line is anything but evil incarnate. You truly have a gift.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Thank you lots! I think I have a lot of improvement to make down the road, A LOT, as a matter of fact. No matter what you're good at, I'm sure you can relate when I say that I am never satisfied with my work. But still, thank you.
I am high in fructose.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 pm

This is unfinished, work in progress, but the background is going to take forever and will make or break it, so I'm going out of my usual "don't upload unless it's done" thing and throwing this 'un out there.
Walendithas Urthadar, 3/5 Comissions:
► Show Spoiler
The other two were well recieved by my friends (REALLY well recieved...), but this one was for their cousin of the same age and he was kind of a jerk about the whole thing, not really motivating me to dump another 6 hours on a background. "Cool dude, that's pretty cool...could use a little work, but I dig it," and later the less blatantly sugarcoated, "And I'm wondering what the hell is up with his thumb?" It's a scar, genius. You asked me to riddle him with scars, there ya go.
Okay, now I'm talking to myself :P
I am high in fructose.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:42 am

I love that one... to be honest, color vice, i think its the best one yet... the colors compliment each other really nice, and nothing disturbs the image... nice work T-Rex....
-Best regards LAYF

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:46 pm

They look indeed pretty nice! (I find neincraft hilarious, btw. :DIt could have been named "Mein Craft" too, after the famous book...)

You seem to draw good heads and a strong torso, but I can't help but feel that the legs somehow go wrong on all the pictures. (A bit short or thin or something along that way.)

Nevertheless, you draw a lot better than I do, so keep it up! :)
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:They look indeed pretty nice! (I find neincraft hilarious, btw. :DIt could have been named "Mein Craft" too, after the famous book...)

You seem to draw good heads and a strong torso, but I can't help but feel that the legs somehow go wrong on all the pictures. (A bit short or thin or something along that way.)

Nevertheless, you draw a lot better than I do, so keep it up! :)
Thank you! And thank you too, LAYF! I've been working on getting colors to not look like a color wheel threw up, I'm happy to have made some progress from when I used to want to throw in as many possible colors back a year or two ago.
And YES! YES!! Someone told me what is wrong with my drawings!! I have ALWAYS thought there was something wrong with my drawings and I can NEVER EVER GET IT and YOU TOLD ME, THANK YOU! Ever since I have been drawing on this tablet since...uh...last October? I have wondered what is wrong with my characters and I'm looking back at all of them and it's hitting me like A BRICK. I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN. THIS WILL BE RECTIFIED, HOPEFULLY (in future drawings). MY ETERNAL THANKFULLNESS. :D
I am high in fructose.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Quick drawing I did for my Civics teacher (she wanted something that had to do with history but would remind her of "us," so I did the founding fathers as a bunch of douchebags :P She never specified!):
► Show Spoiler
Although I did this pretty fast (2 hours (I know that seems long, but trust me, it's not for me, I draw really slow)) I was trying to follow your advice, LooksandSmiles, and make their legs more proportional (discluding the two on the right wearing skinny jeans), I THINK I did a better job, but their legs should be a LITTLE longer maybe...God I have such a bad eye for this stuff >.<
I haven't had much practice as I've been either busy with finals or working on Walendithas's background (the chump up one picture), but I'll probably be starting some other picture soon after since I have no school to worry about.
I am high in fructose.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Walendithas Urthadar, the third commission for my friends, now with a background:
► Show Spoiler
I don't say "3/5" because they're paying me MOAR to do more at some time this year, so I'm not bothering to guess how many it'll end up being. Probably 7 or 8, I imagine. Drawing fantasy is fun, so I'm not complaining, and this was the only one that was dictacted by this guy named Wade, who's unoriginal and uncreative, hence things like a skull belt-buckle or an orc with a giant axe and a scar through the eye >:P
Just to clarify, the thing in the back is a window, not a painting, like my whole family thought :P
I should have waited, because immediately after finishing and posting to Deviantart and Facebook, I go, "AHH the beams on the smithy should be dented and cruddy looking! AHH I should've put a cobweb in that empty space!" etc.
I would say that the two weapons on the rack may be hard to guess what they are, but seeing who my audience here is I think you all should get at least one, if not both of them :P
I am high in fructose.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Very nice! And I see Complain's Magic Sword there in the back which is cool.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:22 pm

I like that last one pretty much. The details on the weapons and armor is of really good quality, the colors are "pale" (is that the word?) and well-toned enough so they do not distract and work nicely in the environment... could work even for a comic page, heh. :)

And yes, "real legs" are a bit longer. If you are going for the cartoony look, then I'd say don't bother much, else try to force yourself to draw a quick stick figure before adding all the details, and add some lines to note the proportions. (Like 1-3-4 for human adults, where "1" is the size of the head, 3 is thrice the size for the torso and 4 is the quadruple size for the legs). You tend to draw legs and torso at the same size so they become "short".
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Is that Goblinslayer's torture weapon I see in the cup on the counter? I suddenly like this orc a lot less now. The drawing is great though.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

@Beans thank you! :) And yeah it is, I think I messed up the general shape and length a bit but oh well >:P

@Looks, thank you! I'll try that out next time I draw! :)

@Sam, yeah it is the Finger of Hell! Well... kind of :P I didn't look at a reference image for that one (I did for the +1 sword and the Witch King of Agmar's flail up there), but the cup felt empty and I felt a little bit of evil could finish it nicely >:D and thank you!

EMOTICONS. EMOTICONS EVERYWHERE.
I am high in fructose.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:10 pm

An original monster from the critically acclaimed tabletop game, Noah&Dragons, the mabidi:
► Show Spoiler
I'm really happy because A. I've never done horror before really, B. I somehow finished this in one night and half of the next day (today), and C. I do believe, of all my other drawings, this is my MASTERPIECE :D I've never been quite as satisfied with a drawing. Except the little red arms don't fit in with the rest of the picture. But oh well.
Last edited by T-RexWithTourettes on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am high in fructose.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:15 pm

:shock:

:paranoia:

I'll just hide over here in the corner with a shotgun thank you!

Hehe.. that's great T-rex, and disturbing I might add.
-Best regards LAYF

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Yay! Success! :P
My players were none too happy when they encountered it, especially after the only melee fighter decided to run up to it...nonono not in your best interest...
I am high in fructose.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:40 pm

I like very much, yes sir, yes sir. I'd love to hear more about this creature as well as see more horror artwork. Excellent 'skeelz' Trex.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:54 pm

The mabidi are extremely rare creatures created by dark magics (so found primarily in dungeons), their screams and moans can easily be mistaken for a person in need of aid or something similar. They are usually solitary. They move, as the story suggests, painfully slowly, although they will use their tongue to trip up foes or even pull them closer. Once it gets close enough, it grapples onto its prey with the human-like arms to try and touch them with the small red ones, draining the life essence from them and putting them in a sort of seizure-like state. The damage their victims takes is permanent. They can also take a LOT of punishment.
I put one in a puzzle room, so they had to run around trying to solve a floor puzzle all the while this thing followed them and tried to corner them/ensnare them. Poor, poor melee fighter...he was really pissed about the permanent health damage :P his decision to run straight up to it, axes high.

Next monster I'll be doing is the Shem'len, and then maybe gelun. Also originals. Then I'll be doing a few comics about the NPC walking screw up in the party, Neuman. Those are requested by my two friends, but I don't think they're inside jokes necessarily. *Checks notes* Hahahahhah no you all should be able to enjoy them. Although I'm worried they may be lightly offensive.
I am high in fructose.

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Looks like Mr Tumnis had a very bad day at the office. >:-P

mnem
I TOLD him not to boink the zombie receptionist, no matter HOW big her bizongas are...