30 April 2019: Refreshing

Discuss the comic here!
Post Reply
User avatar
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins
Posts: 7400
Location: banned
Contact:

30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Krulle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:24 pm

permalink: http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-9-2019

Not that much to discuss, it seems to me.
At least they all survived.

For now.

User avatar
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 906
UStream Username: BuildsLegos
Location: So rorery in OKC

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:58 pm

This cave has a good dose of purple.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Generic
Is Heard Often
Posts: 317

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Generic » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Told ya. Falling is not an issue anymore.

I wonder where all the shards that fell with them went. I can see them in the water but not in the air.

User avatar
Tofu
Is Heard Often
Posts: 310
UStream Username: Tofu

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Tofu » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:39 pm

Well done Thaco, the venerable and wise old monk has more agility than anyone else. You fall heroically. I am looking forward to more Gobin-ing taking place, it is the title of this webcomic.

User avatar
Mereneth
Voices Opinions
Posts: 447

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Mereneth » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:24 pm

I wonder why names and ears have bright glowing eyes? At first i thought dark vision, but now i''m not so sure.

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute
Posts: 237

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Morgaln » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:40 pm

Mereneth wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:24 pm
I wonder why names and ears have bright glowing eyes? At first i thought dark vision, but now i''m not so sure.
Ears is still wearing half of the armor that comes with the Axe of Prissan. His eyes have always been glowing while wearing it.

For Complains, the glow has been there ever since the last time his transformation into a demon progressed, right after the pearl exploded.

User avatar
Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes
Posts: 174

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Changes_everything » Wed May 01, 2019 4:16 am

Krulle wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:24 pm
permalink: http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-9-2019

Not that much to discuss, it seems to me.
At least they all survived.

For now.
Looks to me as if Fumbles dumped his staff in favour of his moustache...

User avatar
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 906
UStream Username: BuildsLegos
Location: So rorery in OKC

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 am

Between grabbing the mustache and reaching land, he still has the staff poking through the water. Either add it to the rappidly-growing list of Thunt's flubs or Fumbles threw it out-of-frame.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

User avatar
jbrecken
Whispers Softly
Posts: 41

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by jbrecken » Wed May 01, 2019 11:35 am

Neither option of huff and coff reveals a secret message in Morse code.

User avatar
Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes
Posts: 174

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Changes_everything » Wed May 01, 2019 11:52 am

BuildsLegos wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 am
Between grabbing the mustache and reaching land, he still has the staff poking through the water. Either add it to the rappidly-growing list of Thunt's flubs or Fumbles threw it out-of-frame.
Both his hands are visible in the last picture, he's grabbing the moustache - but what is that bright line behind his leg, to the left of him? Might be the staff swimming...

User avatar
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 906
UStream Username: BuildsLegos
Location: So rorery in OKC

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed May 01, 2019 2:46 pm

By the power of ctrl+ to zoom in, I can safely say that line is the edge of his robe. Besides, the shaft is yellow.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Hjerne
Of Few Words
Posts: 78

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Hjerne » Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Well if Kore landed in the same area he should definitely be dead. He's gotta be wearing a couple hundred pounds of armor so he went straight to the bottom. Plus he's a dwarf and they aren't known for their swimming skills.

TheOneThatGotAway
Mutters to Themself
Posts: 34

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Thu May 02, 2019 12:38 am

BuildsLegos wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 am
Between grabbing the mustache and reaching land, he still has the staff poking through the water. Either add it to the rappidly-growing list of Thunt's flubs or Fumbles threw it out-of-frame.
Yeah, I also wonder what happened there. Panel 5: underwater, grabbing staff with LEFT hand, reaching out to moustache with RIGHT. Panel 6: staff clearly visible sticking out of the water to the RIGHT of Kickasso. Panel 7: holding on to the moustache with LEFT, leaning on the ground with RIGHT.

So somewhere after grabbing the moustache, he switched hands while swimming and dropped the staff?

Generic
Is Heard Often
Posts: 317

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Generic » Thu May 02, 2019 1:23 am

TheOneThatGotAway wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:38 am
BuildsLegos wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 am
Between grabbing the mustache and reaching land, he still has the staff poking through the water. Either add it to the rappidly-growing list of Thunt's flubs or Fumbles threw it out-of-frame.
Yeah, I also wonder what happened there. Panel 5: underwater, grabbing staff with LEFT hand, reaching out to moustache with RIGHT. Panel 6: staff clearly visible sticking out of the water to the RIGHT of Kickasso. Panel 7: holding on to the moustache with LEFT, leaning on the ground with RIGHT.

So somewhere after grabbing the moustache, he switched hands while swimming and dropped the staff?
I've given up on what hand people use for stuff already. Quite a few fights where someone winds up for a strike, then switches grip on the hilt between panels and midstrike.

Generic
Is Heard Often
Posts: 317

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Generic » Thu May 02, 2019 1:26 am

Hjerne wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 pm
Well if Kore landed in the same area he should definitely be dead. He's gotta be wearing a couple hundred pounds of armor so he went straight to the bottom. Plus he's a dwarf and they aren't known for their swimming skills.
I think we established that Kore has an overengineered and impractical counter for anything. He probably pulled a lever that spun him away like a propeller, shooting glitter, and landing somewhere safely, while couching: "Must eat evil k-k-k-sooouls!"

Arrow
Whispers Softly
Posts: 43

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Arrow » Sun May 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Yea, I very much doubt Kore would die by simple drowning.
Just considering his super character, he probably has water breathing potions ready. If we consider that this is a story, the chance of this being the end of Kore arc is microscopic.

User avatar
AXIS
Of Few Words
Posts: 73

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by AXIS » Sun May 05, 2019 9:42 pm

I sure do like Cheyenne's colouring.

Generic
Is Heard Often
Posts: 317

Re: 30 April 2019: Refreshing

Post by Generic » Sun May 05, 2019 11:41 pm

Arrow wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:28 pm
Yea, I very much doubt Kore would die by simple drowning.
Just considering his super character, he probably has water breathing potions ready. If we consider that this is a story, the chance of this being the end of Kore arc is microscopic.
This is the IÄ-IÄ-Shubb-Niggurath-Wookie-Paladin who has an armored shoe inside of his shoe, polished to a incredible shine even if it's covered by leather. Who shoots pieces of chalk through people and tables, without effort mind you, from tiny tiny crossbows. Wide as a barn and stiff, and still able to traverse forest paths and climb mountains. Stephen Segal is the only one who comes close to Kores broken bad-assery.

Question is not if he survives. Question is how he survives. I don't think water breathing potions. I think some kind of flotation device or grappling hook.

Post Reply