Goblins, the Animated Series! (BIG NEWS) - Aug 30 blog post

Discuss the comic here!
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Goblins, the Animated Series! (BIG NEWS) - Aug 30 blog p

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 am

Well, thanks for your 1 and only post, goodbye negativity.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:53 pm

asdasd wrote:So like, Thunt can't keep up with regular schedule (it was understandable with all the physical/mental problems), got his money taken by some scammer when trying to start yet ANOTHER project (the card game, at least I assume he got scammed?) and NOW he has YET YET another project so everything goes to market it and whatnot.

RIP Goblins, it was a great run. :( I don't expect Thunt to ever go back to even monthly comic updates honestly.
THunt isn't going to be doing the animation for the Animated series. As mentioned previously, he's already created the animation cards for the animators to use in regards to the characters. THEY are going to be bringing the comic to life, not THunt. Yes, he's giving his time to be able to set it all up and will probably be adding his $0.02 here and there, but the bulk of the work will be done by people hired and paid to do so.

The card game is about 99% complete. THunt finished it up using money out of his own pockets because he got scammed along with everyone else and he wanted to make it right, despite not being at fault in any way, shape, or form.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

WorldWarIV
Mutters to Themself

Post by WorldWarIV » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Is there a link to the forums/website on the Indiegogo page? I feel a project this big should bring some new people this way to discuss it but it doesn't seem to be happening.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:12 pm

There's a link to the comic. I didn't see one to the forums.

DragonTurtle
Keeps Eli Balanced
UStream Username: HyperHalfling

Post by DragonTurtle » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am

Can you see a good place to put it on the IG page? I could stick it in a comment, or better, there's an update coming out soon. I'll include the link there.
I am always me, but go by many names, depending where you find me.
@HyperHalfling and @DragonTurtle on Twitter; DragonTurtle here; the_kender, DragonTurtle, or the Hyper Halfling on Twitch; Theodora van Zeeland in the Society for Creative Anachronism; Danielle Stephens in real life, and when you hear me on a live stream. (I don't do Facebook any more.)

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Shardstorm wrote:
DragonTurtle wrote:About the lack of support: Yes, we were getting a lot of people scratching their heads about why we weren't featured on KS. We were put off by how little interest KS showed, which is why Indiegogo's attitude of "We support our projects" appealed to us.
If I had to guess it's because of Thunt's history with KS and the fact he doesn't have glowing things to say about them being just a google away. But that's of course just a complete guess from outside.
Considering KS stat on their asses for entirely too long before handing over the G: AR backers list, it's far more reasonable to conclude that incompetent cooperation on Kickstarter's part has yielded them such a poor reputation and now the loss of this particular business as well. If they knew what they were doing, the most hassle Thunt puts up with regarding the backers list is anti-harassment precautions, rather than complete silence.

Furthermore, when star-power such as Billy West and Mark freaking Hamill are involved, it might sound disturbingly elitist or some-such to suggest prioritizing them over other projects, but this IS capitalist pop-culture we're talking about.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Rex
Remains Silent

Post by Rex » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:09 am

How is Mark Hamill involved, beyond one tweet about the first KS which, letÔÇÖs be honest, didnÔÇÖt have the momentum to get funded?

WorldWarIV
Mutters to Themself

Post by WorldWarIV » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:32 am

DragonTurtle wrote:Can you see a good place to put it on the IG page? I could stick it in a comment, or better, there's an update coming out soon. I'll include the link there.
I think you could put a link at the end of the "So What's the Story?" section, with a little text like "If you want to discover more about Goblins, come visit us at *** and discuss all things Goblins with our passionate fans!" If it's possible, I would also suggest to try to show more of Goblins the comic book, it really is a great story and it should be a lot more highlighted on the IGG page. People have to know how great it is to want to see it on TV! Could you add a tab with some key pages from the comics? Maybe one page per book? I understand you can't spoil too much of the story, but Thunt also drew some amazing fight sequences. And what about when the Psion was talking about true oblivion? It was powerful, non vital to the story dialogue.

I finally read all of the perks and they are a lot more appealing than with the KS, so great job! The only problem I see is that if I give 25$ I have a miniature, but if I upgrade to 50$ I get a t-shirt but I lose my miniature. But I want both of these! I need my miniature Big Ears and I need my Senor Vorpal Kickass'o t-shirt! Usually in those kind of campaigns, aren't the perks cumulative? Could some of them become bonus if you give money in a certain tier? And no perks where you get to be drawn by Thunt in the Goblins comics as a background character? I'd buy the sh** out of that or any way I could be integrated into the story of the comic!

One last thing, I think you need a more aggressive social media presence for your campaign to gain traction. I have to be flooded with messages about it on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram! I know people are always complaining about the comic being late, but all Goblins staff should really devote all their time to the campaign for it to be successful.

Keep up the good work guys, I hope the project gets funded!

PS : No merchandise with the Psion? I thought he was a huge fan-favorite. He is such a great villain!

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:56 am

Rex wrote:How is Mark Hamill involved, beyond one tweet about the first KS which, letÔÇÖs be honest, didnÔÇÖt have the momentum to get funded?
I think that was what Builds meant. Mark mentioned it, as did Kevin Conroy (Batman from The Animated Series). It's being discussed and/or participated in by basically the gods of cartoon voice acting.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:14 pm

I now wish I was getting at that, actually. My main point was to demolish excuses for Kickstarter's non-cooperation. Rex's point is that I was putting too much blame on them when that version of the project was actually overly-lofty to begin with.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:35 pm

I finally read all of the perks and they are a lot more appealing than with the KS, so great job! The only problem I see is that if I give 25$ I have a miniature, but if I upgrade to 50$ I get a t-shirt but I lose my miniature. But I want both of these! I need my miniature Big Ears and I need my Senor Vorpal Kickass'o t-shirt! Usually in those kind of campaigns, aren't the perks cumulative? Could some of them become bonus if you give money in a certain tier? And no perks where you get to be drawn by Thunt in the Goblins comics as a background character? I'd buy the sh** out of that or any way I could be integrated into the story of the comic!
IndieGoGo allows you to buy multiple perks. You can get the minis and the t-shirt package by pledging twice.

I don't know if there's a plan for add-on rewards.

Thunt drew his sons in as background characters, way back when Saves A Fox was first introduced. I don't think he's done anything like that for anyone else. Maybe on a Tempts Fate page once? But he's not going to do that again.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

WorldWarIV
Mutters to Themself

Post by WorldWarIV » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:18 pm

WearsHats wrote:IndieGoGo allows you to buy multiple perks. You can get the minis and the t-shirt package by pledging twice.
It's a bit inconvenient no?
WearsHats wrote:Thunt drew his sons in as background characters, way back when Saves A Fox was first introduced. I don't think he's done anything like that for anyone else. Maybe on a Tempts Fate page once? But he's not going to do that again.
Why not?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:35 pm

I didn't create IGG, and I'm not part of the campaign staff. Just pointing out that it's an option, given how the site works.

As Thunt not doing it again, I meant that he promised not to do another Tempts Fate page for money.

I don't know if he would do a cameo in the actual comic, but given that he's been against it in the past (just not his way to alter the cannon or bring the real world into it), I wouldn't expect it. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Rex
Remains Silent

Post by Rex » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:20 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:I now wish I was getting at that, actually. My main point was to demolish excuses for Kickstarter's non-cooperation. Rex's point is that I was putting too much blame on them when that version of the project was actually overly-lofty to begin with.
That and I wasnÔÇÖt sure if he was involved in some way if which I wasnÔÇÖt aware. ItÔÇÖs midterm time so my brains a bit frazzled (:

Apologies if my wording seemed a bit terse as well, not my intentions.

DragonTurtle
Keeps Eli Balanced

Post by DragonTurtle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 pm

WorldWarIV wrote:
DragonTurtle wrote:Can you see a good place to put it on the IG page? I could stick it in a comment, or better, there's an update coming out soon. I'll include the link there.
I think you could put a link at the end of the "So What's the Story?" section, with a little text like "If you want to discover more about Goblins, come visit us at *** and discuss all things Goblins with our passionate fans!" If it's possible, I would also suggest to try to show more of Goblins the comic book, ... Could you add a tab with some key pages from the comics?
Aright, I'll see what I can do. We have limited editing options, so while I expect I can get the forum link in, I'm not sure how many comic pages I can get in without taking over the IGG page. That said, I will try. :)
@HyperHalfling and @DragonTurtle on Twitter; DragonTurtle here; the_kender, DragonTurtle, or the Hyper Halfling on Twitch; Theodora van Zeeland in the Society for Creative Anachronism; Danielle Stephens in real life, and when you hear me on a live stream. (I don't do Facebook any more.)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:02 am

WearsHats wrote: As Thunt not doing it again, I meant that he promised not to do another Tempts Fate page for money.
Www, I loved the TF donation drives.
Much better than what most comcis do.
And very enjoyable storywise too.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Jarednc
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jarednc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:30 am

I wonder if anyone is marketing to the many many fans of Tara Strong over on reddit. I think there are lots of people who would give money to the project because she's involved.

I suggest the My Little Pony groups, plus if there's specifically a subreddit for her. I remember there being some kind of scandal a few years ago with her fans being too obsessed with her, so I definitely think it's worth a shot!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:28 am

But Tara Strong is not a guarenteed voice cast, just something they wanted to do for animation? If they can't get her and we send her fans over here to shell out money, they would be rightfully annoyed that the promose did not hold up.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 am

Tara is confirmed as Saves A Fox.

► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 pm

While we're on the subject of voice-acting for Goblins characters, I'd like to formally apologize for suggesting Sean Connery as Thaco a few years ago.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Sooo... any news from the smith?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

DragonTurtle
Keeps Eli Balanced

Post by DragonTurtle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Sooo... any news from the smith?
Okay! I have answers about the Axe of Prissan.
Size: All the Axes will have to be the same size, as sized for Big Ears, because it is just too expensive to create 5 different axes. It's not a simple matter of "shift the size a bit".
Metal: High density aluminum, which is the same thing the battle swords in Lord of the Rings were made out of. (Think of what the elves were carrying.) Steel is too heavy, and aluminum holds its sheen and doesn't rust. It's the standard for replicas. Here's a link to Tony Swatton's work: http://www.swordandstone.com/
IME: You get your own IME on all the bits where IME shows on the axe.
The Axe specs: 36" long by 22" wide by however thick the smith says it needs to be to be structurally sound, which he'll know once he starts working on the prototype. https://imgur.com/a/HkzMF

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Thank you very much for the info provided.
DragonTurtle wrote:IME: You get your own IME on all the bits where IME shows on the axe.
Is that the coloured bits that were white for Seral Caine and are yellow for Big ears now? I'm assuming "just" the colour will change, and not shape or anything else (as Kore's IME includes those giant "chain wings" - and no I'm not expecting anything like that, but maybe a shape visible somewhere on the axe itself could be possible, I imagine), is that correct?
► Show Spoiler

DragonTurtle
Keeps Eli Balanced

Post by DragonTurtle » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:55 pm

The axe in the comic has never shown itself able to do such things as add IME images for its owner. All I can say is that you will have your IME colour where Big Ears has his.
If I had the magic to grant you giant chain wing style IME, I would. :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:48 pm

DragonTurtle wrote:The axe in the comic has never shown itself able to do such things as add IME images for its owner. All I can say is that you will have your IME colour where Big Ears has his.
If I had the magic to grant you giant chain wing style IME, I would. :)
:lol: Yeah, that would be cool, but then you'd probably not need to get crowdfunding for some project, either. :rofl:

I just figured some small etching (representing the IME, if it has a form as well as a colour, depending on the owner) could be made somewhere on the axe, but it not, that's perfectly fine. Simply checking.
► Show Spoiler